shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 2.22 ct Fancy Light Marquise in 18k Georgian inspired Colette ring

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow wow wow! A perfect new home! So glad you're wearing her a hundred times more often than me, already!!! Looks fantastic. Name: I would pick a sun goddess name.

"Before Apollo was the Greek sun god, Helios held that position. The consort of a weather god, she was assimilated with the sun goddess Arinna."

"Olwen, female figure often constructed as originally the Welsh sun goddess. Sulis, British deity whose name is related to the common Proto-Indo-European word for "sun" (and thus cognate with Helios, Sól, Sol, Usil and Surya) and who retains solar imagery, as well as a domain over healing and thermal springs."

More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_solar_deities

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Hehe.

Well I'm pretty sure Elrond is "elle-rhond".
Galadriel - I believe that's "gah-luh-dree-uhl". Said fast. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You're right about all the mining/gems/jewels for the dwarves (also the f I used in my original post is annoying me, damn, sorry everyone).

Well, the dwarves lived in Moria underneath Misty Mountain - so Moria (or Misty, but that doesn't feel right to me?). I've just happily spent some time falling down the rabbit hole that is Lord of the Rings - after following references for Mithril, which is obviously silver and not appropriate, I followed references for gold - there was a very important golden tree called Laurelin. It created light and sadly was destroyed, but the last fruit it made created the Sun.

None of those are Dwarvish names - I'll look a little further. I'm excited to know what you eventually choose.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. This is quite the transformation from Hazel to ...(soon to be named). I absolutely love how it turned out. :love: The brushed / satin finish was a perfect choice for this diamond. I keep meaning to try a satin finish (one of these days...). :D Plus, the yellow gold really brings out the color in the diamond. It’s like a totally different stone now. Congrats on this beauty! :kiss2:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks!
Sadly no sunlight today so I’ll add more pics when I get a chance to capture some better sparkle.

I went with a satin finish and am glad I did. I think it would have been TOO shiny otherwise.

I think the satin finish is perfect and it looks like that ring is an original antique, cared for lovingly over the years! Congrats and enjoy wearing her!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m terrible at naming things but this ring just feels so old school and regal to me. I feel like it needs a strong name. I thought maybe a goddess name or a fey name. Personally, I like Artemis (Greek goddess of the hunt, nature, and birth) and Morrígan (A Celtic goddess of war).

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's a beautiful ring, very substantial gorgeous stone.. congratulations on really bringing out the color of this gorgeous marquis!

I would call her goldie, but I am so unoriginal don't quote me :)

:love::love::love::appl::appl:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that you chose to set the diamond east/west and adore the satin finish.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A collet setting is on my future wish-list: I love them! The satin finish looks amazing - it adds such a modern spin to a Georgian-inspired style, and the way the gold has increased the colour in the stone is stunning. Your faith in your jeweller has been definitely repaid!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I love it!! Love the east west orientation and the color of the yellow gold, and the satin finish of course. A satin finish on YG is just so luxe! I love marquises and have given my mom two over the years. She had an aunt that wore a huge marquise and she's loved them since she was a little girl. She doesn't wear one of the two very often so I kinda wanna snag one back. :lol-2: I'm working on an OEC for her with GOG that'll be done in about 2 weeks, so I might just ask for it sooner rather than later.

paperunicorn

Shiny_Rock
Hehe.

Well I'm pretty sure Elrond is "elle-rhond".
Galadriel - I believe that's "gah-luh-dree-uhl". Said fast. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
close! Galadriel is Gah-lad-ree-el.

This ring is absolutely gorgeous and such a unique substantial setting! My vote for it is Earendil - the half-elven ferryman who carried the morning star across the sea on his boat. In the LOTR saga, Frodo is gifted a jewel from Galadriel, one of the oldest, wisest, and most beautiful of the elves, which contains the Light of Earendil's star, and which he uses as protection throughout his journey. :)

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock

This ring is absolutely gorgeous and such a unique substantial setting! My vote for it is Earendil - the half-elven ferryman who carried the morning star across the sea on his boat. In the LOTR saga, Frodo is gifted a jewel from Galadriel, one of the oldest, wisest, and most beautiful of the elves, which contains the Light of Earendil's star, and which he uses as protection throughout his journey. :)

Thanks. I did originally type out 'gah-lah-dree-uhl' but with accents etc I decided on luh instead - but saying it fast to make more of a la sound... err clearly that no-workie... me no know phonetics. ;))

I like the name Galadriel. And also Earendil.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so glad people like the satin finish!
Maybe that will be one of the new 2019 trends. Hehe. I love it.

Oooh. I like both names. I may need to do some google sleuthing to hear pronounciations!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A collet setting is on my future wish-list: I love them! The satin finish looks amazing - it adds such a modern spin to a Georgian-inspired style, and the way the gold has increased the colour in the stone is stunning. Your faith in your jeweller has been definitely repaid!

Haha I actually think of satin finish of looking less modern for some reason. Maybe because it reminds me of velvet?

I asked if we could do it in 24k gold but she advised against it lol

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I found a winner:
“THEIA was the Titan goddess of sight (thea) and the shining ether of the bright, blue sky (aithre). She was also, by extension, the goddess who endowed gold and silver with their brilliance and intrinsic value. Theia bore the Titan Hyperion three shining children--Helios the Sun, Eos the Dawn, and Selene the Moon.”

Goddess associated with gold and shiny things, mother to the sun, and symbolized often by the light from her eyes. The ring sort of reminds me of a glittering eye !

Also the name seems nice and stout. Not too delicate

Last edited:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol no I just meant she’s so chubby in shape- not that the ring was fat.
Post 1117482747 more photos

If you message me in loupetroop I’ll send you a little video! It’s so much more representative than still photos.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She’s a beauty! Perfect perfect setting!!!! Inspired.

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The symbolism behind the name is perfect. I love the fierce, organic setting it pairs so well with the golden hue and the edgy points of your marquise. :appl:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love it with the yellow gold. It really brings out the color. And the matte finish looks great!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous!!! So unique and so cool! (How did you get any work done today?!)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG! Wow! shes come to life! Looks amazing with the non traditional E/W setting! Great Job! I do love satin finish, gives it a richer and textured look.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The symbolism behind the name is perfect. I love the fierce, organic setting it pairs so well with the golden hue and the edgy points of your marquise. :appl:
Yeah I don’t know when the whole naming of bling thing got more popular but I dig it! I like how much this setting protects the marquise. I’d be so sad if I chipped a point off or gouged the girdle.

Beautiful! I love it with the yellow gold. It really brings out the color. And the matte finish looks great!
Thanks! I used to think of yellow school as so 80s but I’ve come to love it more and more as I’ve grown older.

Fabulous!!! So unique and so cool! (How did you get any work done today?!)
Haha, I may have been sneaking a lot of peeks at Theia throughout the day...

MTG! Wow! shes come to life! Looks amazing with the non traditional E/W setting! Great Job! I do love satin finish, gives it a richer and textured look.
I really did a 180 on the EW look. When I first saw them for marquises I thought they looked too stodgy but now I really love it. Go figure.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh! Also big shout out to @KKJohnson
for all the moral support as another marquise owner who went through a reset!

One of my fav things about PS is all the enabling and support. Had I not seen how transformative her reset was I may not have been brave enough to pull the trigger. :Up_to_something:

Also, apparently I don’t know how to actually spell collete(? Collet? Colette?). Sorry!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this and am so happy to see someone taking « the road less traveled ».
So much character and presence. :love::love::love::love::love::love:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Theia. Great name!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this and am so happy to see someone taking « the road less traveled ».
So much character and presence. :love::love::love::love::love::love:
Thanks! Haha story of my life. I’ve always had an oppositional and subversive streak.

I’m relieved that despite being a pretty large diamond in a hefty setting it doesn’t read as very flashy. Yay satin finish and EW! It stood out MUCH more in the prior shiny white setting with the accent diamonds and people kept asking me if I got engaged even though I was wearing it as a rhr lol.

This definitely no longer reads like a typical ering!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waiting in a lobby isn’t as bad when you can admire shinies!

The color is hard to capture because ya so glittery. Might cave and set up a YouTube account so I can post videos which I think are more accurate at conveying the color and cut.
8AC686EE-8302-478F-BB14-DA4CED32286E.jpeg 22C7EB47-17A3-4E79-AFAE-B7E6DFA3D24F.jpeg 9E04A5AD-5147-433F-8F96-0A979729771A.jpeg 7F6EBB5B-2D52-4564-B01E-7CD022CC7A43.jpeg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, it looks gorgeous on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results