shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 2.11 D VS2 HPD CBI

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great comparison photos. I’m very interested to learn the stats of this latest E ACA (when you are ready to post them)

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Just wondering why stick to a super ideal if your eyes prefer the non super ideal flashes & fire?
Also how do you see light leakage? I have very bad vision so i don't generally see what ppl mention in their posts

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wondering why stick to a super ideal if your eyes prefer the non super ideal flashes & fire?
Also how do you see light leakage? I have very bad vision so i don't generally see what ppl mention in their posts

It's is hard to explain. I saw it in my F VS1, GIA 3X, from 3-4 years ago. Hard to explain, but some parts seemed dead and some parts were actually dark. But it took me a while to identify. However, when you stare at your diamond for as long as I do, you'll find it.

For sure with the super ideals, I don't see it at all. So I guess it's one step at a time.

I have learned over the years that it takes me a while to get to know a diamond. So there are pros to super ideals. I haven't looked at any one for a long enough period, and when I say prolonged period I mean 6 months to a year, to understand how it acts and what I like and dislike about it. They are a whole other flavor that I feel like I'm learning to appreciate. The pros so far are:
1. No leakage, and "generally" that is a good thing. I've seen on rare occasions where I think leakage works, but mostly it doesn't. That means that it is usually bright edge to edge, which i really love. I've seen too many GIA 3X that don't have that edge to edge brightness and the diamond looks a lot smaller than it actually is.
2. The deliberate precision of the cut makes the flashes very crisp and sharp, and I really like seeing that.
3. In certain lighting, the precision of the cut is very emphasized and the arrows do NOT go very dark and it is beautiful to see.
4. With super ideal vendors that I am considering, the trade up policy is very appealing.
5. My eyes have been conditioned to gravitate towards anything dark, and I tend to completely focus on that tiny bit of darkness rather than seeing how it works with the total overall scintillation of the diamond, and miss the beauty of the whole point of precision cutting.
6. And I should mention that finding a beautifully cut, non super ideal, yet has the higher LGF and bigger table, and almost zero leakage, that is bright and colorful in most environments is harder to find than a super ideal. Kind of a bummer...

It's like how it took me a while to "get" OECs, because they were so foreign to me before PS. I looked as so many and I didn't love them. Then I got accustomed to the large facets and the pastel colors, and saw some beautifully cut OECs, and fell in love. But it took time.

Bruin Bling

Rough_Rock
Bummer! I loved how the 2.1 D looked, but can definitely understand the concerns you have. Do you think the size/finger coverage wouldn’t have bothered you as much if you were already accustomed to the larger sizes?

Best of luck with continued search and hope the E ACA works out for you instead!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bummer! I loved how the 2.1 D looked, but can definitely understand the concerns you have. Do you think the size/finger coverage wouldn’t have bothered you as much if you were already accustomed to the larger sizes?

Best of luck with continued search and hope the E ACA works out for you instead!

Absolutely. My eyes have gotten accustomed to the 3 carat I have been wearing. So for sure, the size drop bothered me. LOL! Good luck on your search btw. These ACAs are beautiful for sure. She will love it.

Bruin Bling

Rough_Rock
Gotcha. I am thinking 2.1 could be a sweet spot for us, but wonder how quickly diamond shrinking syndrome materializes for many. Lol. Good luck to you too!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new diamond is gorgeous! How exciting!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Applauding to your excellent taste: spectacular classic solitaire!!!:clap::clap::clap:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to disappoint you but I returned the stone. :)

Do you have any new observations to report about your current interest?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have any new observations to report about your current interest?

Thanks for asking @nala, and letting me geek out about this. This new stone is most lively, fiery and colorful of all the super ideals I've seen so far. It's not the whitest E. I think the E from CBI was whiter. But I am willing to sacrifice that little bit of whiteness for the fire I get in exchange. And I see more fire coming from under the table, and the flashes are multi-colored within a single facet.

The arrows are bothering me less, maybe because I'm getting use to them. It's like when I started getting to know OECs. The petal shaped facets were weird to me. I thought there wasn't enough scintillation because the lights kind of blinked on and off to me, rather than flash. But I learned that was the nature of OECs, and pretty much part of the appeal.

Also, with a super ideal, I get a sense of depth to the diamond, whereas with the mostly white/colorful AGS, it gave me a flatter feeling. And truly there is no dark spot in the center that stays dark. (I did notice this on the other AGS000, but I was able to ignore it because the spot was very small.) This I attribute to it being a super ideal where there is absolutely NO leakage where there theoretically shouldn't be. I'm not complaining about that.

I like being able to observe these different flavors of MRBs, and create my pro and con list. Each person can have their own list. It just depends on preference. After doing my due diligence, I can feel confident about my decision.

I'm curious nala. What do you like and dislike about your E? Or maybe no dislikes at all? How would you describe her?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for asking @nala, and letting me geek out about this. This new stone is most lively, fiery and colorful of all the super ideals I've seen so far. It's not the whitest E. I think the E from CBI was whiter. But I am willing to sacrifice that little bit of whiteness for the fire I get in exchange. And I see more fire coming from under the table, and the flashes are multi-colored within a single facet.

The arrows are bothering me less, maybe because I'm getting use to them. It's like when I started getting to know OECs. The petal shaped facets were weird to me. I thought there wasn't enough scintillation because the lights kind of blinked on and off to me, rather than flash. But I learned that was the nature of OECs, and pretty much part of the appeal.

Also, with a super ideal, I get a sense of depth to the diamond, whereas with the mostly white/colorful AGS, it gave me a flatter feeling. And truly there is no dark spot in the center that stays dark. (I did notice this on the other AGS000, but I was able to ignore it because the spot was very small.) This I attribute to it being a super ideal where there is absolutely NO leakage where there theoretically shouldn't be. I'm not complaining about that.

I like being able to observe these different flavors of MRBs, and create my pro and con list. Each person can have their own list. It just depends on preference. After doing my due diligence, I can feel confident about my decision.

I'm curious nala. What do you like and dislike about your E? Or maybe no dislikes at all? How would you describe her?
Tbh. I think your perspective is refreshing and am curious to know what you are discerning but I confess I don’t really follow—even after reading all your posts. I think I lack your perspective.
I agree that each person can have their own list of preferences, but I will add that we perhaps generate that list from our previous experiences with other diamonds—which shapes our perspective of our expectations . I know that’s where I’m coming from. I had an I color si2 with a 1.6 hca that taught me to appreciate the beauty of performance, but after my eye became accustomed to the fire and scintillation, it could not compensate for the tint and the inclusions—which were prominent MORE of the time. So when I compared my E to the I under various conditions, my E just seemed so much crispier and clearer and just as lively and fiery. It was like my older stone had a veil, a coating—and this new stone was just sooo crispy and clear! Kwim?
Given that I don’t spend all day in lighting conditions that favor fire, etc, but appreciate that i can look down at my stone and appreciate it 100 percent of the time bc of its static qualities. It always looks “on.”
Finally, When I compared my stone to my sister’s ACA, I did not notice a significant difference in performance—and it served to reinforce that I made the right decision—and being mindclean is everything.

Last edited:

munchee

Brilliant_Rock

So the only thing stoping you from the E CBI is the size?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the only thing stoping you from the E CBI is the size?

It's not the size or the color. I'm just not letting myself commit yet. I know I can change my mind, see things I didn't see before over time, so I am giving myself as much time as I can to let that happen.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tbh. I think your perspective is refreshing and am curious to know what you are discerning but I confess I don’t really follow—even after reading all your posts. I think I lack your perspective.
I agree that each person can have their own list of preferences, but I will add that we perhaps generate that list from our previous experiences with other diamonds—which shapes our perspective of our expectations . I know that’s where I’m coming from. I had an I color si2 with a 1.6 hca that taught me to appreciate the beauty of performance, but after my eye became accustomed to the fire and scintillation, it could not compensate for the tint and the inclusions—which were prominent MORE of the time. So when I compared my E to the I under various conditions, my E just seemed so much crispier and clearer and just as lively and fiery. It was like my older stone had a veil, a coating—and this new stone was just sooo crispy and clear! Kwim?
Given that I don’t spend all day in lighting conditions that favor fire, etc, but appreciate that i can look down at my stone and appreciate it 100 percent of the time bc of its static qualities. It always looks “on.”
Finally, When I compared my stone to my sister’s ACA, I did not notice a significant difference in performance—and it served to reinforce that I made the right decision—and being mindclean is everything.

"we perhaps generate that list from our previous experiences with other diamonds—which shapes our perspective of our expectations"

@nala I totally agree with this. It is very true for me. And that is why I am trying to overcome that. What I have experienced in the past is not what I am experiencing with super ideals at large. My natural response is to reject what I am not familiar with, simply because I am not familiar with it. I am trying to become familiar with it, learn about it, get comfortable with it, and then I feel like I can make a more fair decision for myself.

Just takes time and patience, which I do struggle with I admit.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"we perhaps generate that list from our previous experiences with other diamonds—which shapes our perspective of our expectations"

@nala I totally agree with this. It is very true for me. And that is why I am trying to overcome that. What I have experienced in the past is not what I am experiencing with super ideals at large. My natural response is to reject what I am not familiar with, simply because I am not familiar with it. I am trying to become familiar with it, learn about it, get comfortable with it, and then I feel like I can make a more fair decision for myself.

Just takes time and patience, which I do struggle with I admit.

Thought I’d check in on you and your diamond journey. Any new developments or findings?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg! Wow! We need more pics and details!
Omg! Wow! We need more pics and details!
Sorry for background noise. Was watching Undoing.
2.47 ACA E VS1
so this was the most fiery of all the super ideals. My gut said I would really regret it if I let it go. So I didn’t. It’s getting set but I will have to see how it turns out. Don’t want to discuss too much in case it doesn’t turn out the way I hope. :).

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for background noise. Was watching Undoing.
2.47 ACA E VS1
so this was the most fiery of all the super ideals. My gut said I would really regret it if I let it go. So I didn’t. It’s getting set but I will have to see how it turns out. Don’t want to discuss too much in case it doesn’t turn out the way I hope. :).

Got it! I’ll hold my praises until you are sure!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, no, the video isn't working!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom -

Morning, gorgeous!

So, can we get an update? Also, those videos aren't working and it's killing me just a little bit!

Has the ACA been set? Did you decide to keep it? As a serial tweaker, I completely respect your right to choose, send back, choose, send back, choose again - until you find *exactly* what you want. If we're not that particular, I feel as tho we're not being respectful of the large amounts of money we pour into something as optional as jewelry. We're very blessed to be able to own such things, so care is warranted and is a mark of both respect and gratitude. So - I'm all 'Team LLJsmom' on this!

Having said all that....

I've been following this journey since Day 1! Anything new to report?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom -

Morning, gorgeous!

So, can we get an update? Also, those videos aren't working and it's killing me just a little bit!

Has the ACA been set? Did you decide to keep it? As a serial tweaker, I completely respect your right to choose, send back, choose, send back, choose again - until you find *exactly* what you want. If we're not that particular, I feel as tho we're not being respectful of the large amounts of money we pour into something as optional as jewelry. We're very blessed to be able to own such things, so care is warranted and is a mark of both respect and gratitude. So - I'm all 'Team LLJsmom' on this!

Having said all that....

I've been following this journey since Day 1! Anything new to report?

Hi @mrs-b , thanks for checking in. You are so kind. The ACA is being set right now, and my job is to be patient, at which I am failing miserably. There is a certain very lovely man I am trying NOT to email, at least until next week. I posted some pics of it in the ACA thread. I'm very excited, and I hope this will be a final setting. It's gonna be a love it or hate it kinda ring. I mean I think I will love it, but when people see it, it will be like ***agast*** :shock: (and then "what was she thinking?") or LOVE it. I can't seem to find a nice medium. It's either colorless or a K. It's either a stark solitaire or something far from it. I'll just say though that you have inspired me, time and time again. If you are inclined, send me an email through loupetroop. I'm daftrocker, and I can give you more details. =)2

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
@LLJsmom -
As a serial tweaker, I completely respect your right to choose, send back, choose, send back, choose again - until you find *exactly* what you want. If we're not that particular, I feel as tho we're not being respectful of the large amounts of money we pour into something as optional as jewelry. We're very blessed to be able to own such things, so care is warranted and is a mark of both respect and gratitude. So - I'm all 'Team LLJsmom' on this!

Beautifully said @mrs-b
Thru this thread @LLJsmom is teaching me not to easily settled and I need to keep finding until I found “the one”. I was afraid of being nuisance to the sellers but the money we (will) spend on this purchase isn’t a small change at all. Not being respectful to the hard earned money is the right phrasing.

@LLJsmom I missed your video too :cry2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @mrs-b , thanks for checking in. You are so kind. The ACA is being set right now, and my job is to be patient, at which I am failing miserably. There is a certain very lovely man I am trying NOT to email, at least until next week. I posted some pics of it in the ACA thread. I'm very excited, and I hope this will be a final setting. It's gonna be a love it or hate it kinda ring. I mean I think I will love it, but when people see it, it will be like ***agast*** :shock: (and then "what was she thinking?") or LOVE it. I can't seem to find a nice medium. It's either colorless or a K. It's either a stark solitaire or something far from it. I'll just say though that you have inspired me, time and time again. If you are inclined, send me an email through loupetroop. I'm daftrocker, and I can give you more details. =)2

I can't find you! I searched LT 3 times - and - always nothing. :(

My contact details are there, tho, under a post on the front page. The listing is called "Not quite freebies...but almost!" I'd love it if you dropped me a line!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't find you! I searched LT 3 times - and - always nothing. :(

My contact details are there, tho, under a post on the front page. The listing is called "Not quite freebies...but almost!" I'd love it if you dropped me a line!

I just replied to the email listed on the loupetroop listing. ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results