shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 2.11 D VS2 HPD CBI

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a story, so skip to the second post if you’re bored already and just want to see pics. =)2

As I mentioned in other threads I have been working on a super ideal cut and it’s finally here. I haven’t worn an MRB in almost 4 years and I wanted to get it right this time. I figured out I wanted both high color and a cut with minimal leakage, maximum edge to edge brightness and still have plenty of fire. I have color mind clean issues. If I had anything less than a D I would wonder if that color was being exhibited by the diamond. (My yellow walls still bug me but my DH won’t repaint the family room.)
Shout out to @LaylaR (who speaks Diamond fluently), @Wink , @Winks_Elf , and the whole HPD team who counseled me through the process and made this happen, in the middle of a global pandemic. Miracle workers.

As a little background on the search, this D is the third super ideal I tested. The first one was an over 2.5 F super ideal from a different vendor which was not white enough for me. In spite of the size all I saw was color, and it was a wee bit quiet for me. Then I saw an E CBI which was absolutely gorgeous but I passed on because of, again, mind clean, issues. Then when I saw this one, the first thought was ICY. And I knew.
I’m not gonna lie. It’s smaller than I am accustomed to and I knew that going in. Staring at a 3 ct OEC all day for 4 years will do that to you. It’s a compromise I had to make given my other requirements. But I need time to get to know this stone, how it behaves in every room, in every light.
I still have my OEC and having an MRB highlights how flashy MK is with her big pastel flashes The CBI is stunning and if I started with this, 23 years ago, and never saw a well cut OEC IRL, I would have been perfectly happy. However, MK made her way into my life and although I thought I was a ORTRTA person, but...maybe not?
Special thanks to a number of PSers who have propped me up and tolerated my random and urgent texts throughout the last few months. Each has helped me unravel my convoluted thoughts and helped me focus, stay on task and has provided wise counsel. @KristyDarling @yssie @diamondseeker2006 @hathalove @m-2-b, @missy and one other life saver (gotta find her handle) who checked out this stone with me. She knows who she is. She is a rock. (No pun intended.)
And a quick comment about the setting. Deep inside I think I wanted a do-over, although 23 years later. So if I could have gotten the ering of my dreams as an older and wiser bling lover, while still staying with an MRB, I would have chosen this stone and this modified Tiffany (I just got engaged!) setting which perfectly shows off this stunning CBI.

Nina-W

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful and classic!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
My pedestrian hand shots in various lighting and room environments.
0A0E1FCD-67BC-4758-BADF-567EBC9C2588.jpeg C574B48E-13E2-49B4-A92B-B87A289F92B1.jpeg 80EDDA7C-FB94-4D31-A47E-9E07ADC7923A.jpeg 31878330-214F-4D13-B598-8584AF10EB90.jpeg 80D2E188-D013-46F3-826A-352CFB3C5385.jpeg

Breathtaking! It looks like your journey was well worth the outcome.

I like both OECs and MRBs...and share in my willingness to sacrifice size for color.

It all comes down to what you care about most - so glad you finally found your glorious rock! The setting is impeccable - simple and classic.

Enjoy!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s so gorgeous :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations on a beautiful new diamond ring!

thank you for sharing your journey, thought process, your hesitations and what gave you pause. it's most interesting

it's a beautiful healthy size on your hand. to my eyes, i don't feel it looks too small, at all.

can't go wrong with a d colorless diamond in a round brilliant or an ideal old cut or a step cut, for that matter ...

may you have lots of fun getting to know it, well!

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Marvelous choice! And HOLY. MOLY.:love::love:

cheers--Sharon

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
D color over 2 ct! She looks perfect on you! You are inspiring me to try the MRB again. It looks amazing lonesome and with the larger eternity. :love:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s so very beautiful! So happy for you that you found one that is mind/color clean and makes your heart sing!! Gorgeous! Enjoy her!! ❤️

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing your Journey. What a Holy Grail Diamond and Ring!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D color over 2 ct! She looks perfect on you! You are inspiring me to try the MRB again. It looks amazing lonesome and with the larger eternity. :love:

Thanks @Elysian. It’s my five stone actually but I love it with the CBI. These little 30 pointers kept outshining the other stones until I got to the E. The D can hold its own. It’s a little bling-ho-ish to wear all together but I really like it. IRL, the rings don’t run together. I cannot deny I love the finger coverage and I will more often than not wear them together. Feels very old school, rings just piled on.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing your Journey. What a Holy Grail Diamond and Ring!

Most welcome @Lessics I know you pretty much picked up that I was in the process. I will confess that I am not sure this is final but unfortunately it’s a learn as you go thing for me. But you’re right. It is a HG stone. CBIs are pretty amazing.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
WOW this is beautiful! And I love that this ring symbolizes the nostalgia of being engaged but you have the beauty of a long marriage! Your husband could repurpose! The D is just stunning! Can't wait to see more pics. I love it with your 5 stone!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow @LLJsmom! Your new diamond is so blindingly white! Gorgeous! It looks like the perfect size for your hand. The diamond band also looks amazing with it! :kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful and classic!
thank you @Linnie I have admired you lovely set as well.

Breathtaking! It looks like your journey was well worth the outcome.

I like both OECs and MRBs...and share in my willingness to sacrifice size for color.

It all comes down to what you care about most - so glad you finally found your glorious rock! The setting is impeccable - simple and classic.

Enjoy!
Thank you @Cerulean your E OEC must be that perfect combo for you.

Wow! Quite a stunner! ORTRTA for each hand! :lol:
@yennyfire thank you! ORTRTA for each hand :lol-2:

It’s so gorgeous :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
Thank you @whitewave hope you’re enjoying yours as well!

congratulations on a beautiful new diamond ring!

thank you for sharing your journey, thought process, your hesitations and what gave you pause. it's most interesting

it's a beautiful healthy size on your hand. to my eyes, i don't feel it looks too small, at all.

can't go wrong with a d colorless diamond in a round brilliant or an ideal old cut or a step cut, for that matter ...

may you have lots of fun getting to know it, well!
@Big Fat Facets, yes it’s been a process. It’s only on PS that people say 2 carats is small

HI:

Marvelous choice! And HOLY. MOLY.:love::love:

cheers--Sharon
@canuk-gal Thank you! :wavey:

It’s so very beautiful! So happy for you that you found one that is mind/color clean and makes your heart sing!! Gorgeous! Enjoy her!! ❤
Thank you @Slick1 True. You understand. Mind clean about it all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ICYlicious. It is stunning @LLJsmom and now you have the best of both worlds.
Like @bling_dream19 I love it with your gorgeous 5 stone too.

I am swooning over your entire collection.
It is in a word, PERFECT.

swoonoverbling.gif

The stuff dreams are made of and I am so thrilled for you. :appl:

Wear in good health and blingy joy my dear friend.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeousness! Love that CBI!!! So perfect.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn‘t get any whiter and sparklier than that! Perfect!
Whiter is brighter and brighter looks bigger! (I think yssie said those wise words). Congratulations, it looks fab on you!

Would you mind sharing your stunner’s stats?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunner! Enjoy her in good health.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
That is stunning! Enjoy!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
It is spectacular! Love your custom setting as well. Feel free to post more shots. :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results