shape
carat
color
clarity

2.088 CER in Sophia Setting (lots of pics)

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh I think we are seeing a pricescope "best of" for the first time, and there is a lot of competition for that around here. This ring is truly stunning, a little piece of perfection, the holy grail! Congratulations!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect!!!:love: Gorgeous stone, gorgeous setting! And one very lucky girl!:appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Crazy beautiful! Love it!

cheers--Sharon

dazzlerazzle

Shiny_Rock
Great combo!!!

I love that Sophia setting and briefly considered it for our OEC (we went with Jon at GoodOldGold), but finally decided my love for a thin band outweighed my love for the tapered french cuts. But those tapered french cuts - ahhhhhhhh! So beautiful, so unique! Such a perfect complement to the OEC's chunky facets!

We are also going more on the classic/contemporary side with our OEC, so I really appreciate your aesthetic here!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is sheer perfection!!!!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
You did a damn fine job.
No upgrades needed.
Ever.

Sagefemme

Shiny_Rock
Wow!! You are a rock star. I think you better propose when she's sitting because she really might faint...

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning!! I love it and the thought you put into it! Perfection!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone and ring!! You did such an amazing job. Can't wait to see hand shots!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular ring! She will be thrilled!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow wow wow!!' This ring is THE BEST. It takes the best of old-meets-new. I love it. She will love it.

Kudos!!! And thanks for sharing the pics :) Would love a band pic some time!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply beautiful!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As a convert from the MRB to the OEC and french cuts, I love this! You are so thoughtful in choosing the stone and the setting!

Rhowie

Rough_Rock
Thank you for everyone's kind thoughts. It seems that a lot of people have requested hand shots. Maybe I'll have better luck getting her to pose for hand pics than other photos. I will post some followups after we hit the big day. Until then, here is one more.

IMG_9858.jpg

Now, all that's left to do is wait.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Top notch in every way!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
*sigh* What a dreamy ring. Your fiancee is a lucky woman! Please post straight-on, centered, close-up photos of the largest trapezoidal french cut and smallest french cuts if you can! I'd love to see their faceting and compare! And of course, hand shots. :D

plpinkinsa

Rough_Rock
Holy smokes! :love:

Rhowie

Rough_Rock
*sigh* What a dreamy ring. Your fiancee is a lucky woman! Please post straight-on, centered, close-up photos of the largest trapezoidal french cut and smallest french cuts if you can! I'd love to see their faceting and compare! And of course, hand shots. :D

This is beyond the limits of my eyesight and pushing the limits of my non-macro lens, but here is an attempt at shooting the largest and smallest French Cuts. I can try again tomorrow under natural light to see if I can capture the facets better. Are you thinking there will be differences in the cut between the trapezoid vs. square or just between the large and small stones? _DSC4700.jpg _DSC4706.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg these French cuts are unbelievable...

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just died! How dare I go to sleep at night and miss out on THIS!!! Holy cow! That diamond! Those frenchies! That setting! And you! You're awesome giving her pictures to get her input and going with Victor. He is an artist of the highest caliber.

Propose today, please. I can't wait to see it on her hand.

Congratulations on your upcoming engagement, and great job with the design of the ring!!!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a gorgeous work of art! Congratulations to you and your fiancée!

dazzlerazzle

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for continuing to update! Its so nice to see the pictures keep rolling in - can't wait for hand shots!!! What size is the ring?

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
This is beyond the limits of my eyesight and pushing the limits of my non-macro lens, but here is an attempt at shooting the largest and smallest French Cuts. I can try again tomorrow under natural light to see if I can capture the facets better. Are you thinking there will be differences in the cut between the trapezoid vs. square or just between the large and small stones? _DSC4700.jpg _DSC4706.jpg

Thanks so much for the photos, Rhowie! I was thinking that differing shapes would influence how the virtual facets look.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a perfect, gorgeous, stunning, beautiful ring. I love it. Congratulations! great choices and someday I would love a Canera ring.. happiness your way!!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning in every way. It's so beautiful! Please come back with hand shots and tell us about the proposal! We are all total suckers for hand shots and sappy stories, lol!!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I NEED to see hand shots of this! Its so perfect! How I yearn for a VC!

Rhowie

Rough_Rock
The Proposal

Friday was our big day. We have been in a long distance relationship for most of our 5 1/2 years. San Francisco has been one of our meeting places through the years that has been special for us, so I chose that as the place for the proposal.

She had no idea that it was coming, so we planned what would make a “perfect day” with no reference to the proposal. We are both avid cyclists, so we started off with a bike ride over the Golden Gate Bridge for a loop around the Marin Headlands with beautiful views in perfect weather. After a quick change of clothes, we went to the Dandelion Chocolate factory for a round of chocolate tasting and a cup of European drinking chocolate. That always puts us in a good mood.

I mentioned during the drinking chocolate that we still had a lot left to do today. She didn’t disagree, but wasn’t sure why dinner and a concert was worth such a comment.

After chocolate, we put on our formal clothes and went out to Acquerello Italian restaurant. I didn't want to do this in a public dining room, so we arrived 30 minutes before they opened. I had made arrangements for the staff to tell us that they could not seat us in the restaurant right away because their staff was in a pre-shift meeting. They showed us to a private room where they had prepared a table with a white table cloth. It was plausible for them to leave us alone in the room since the story was that they were all busy getting ready to open.

An aside - A few months earlier, my gf had made a passing request that I should put together a list of the amazing things we have done together over the past 5+ years. I took the project to heart and assembled everything I could find from our travel itineraries, bike ride logs, restaurant reservations, concert tickets, emails, photographs, etc.. I arranged them into a day-by-day history of our time together that resulted in a 200-page hardcover book.

Meanwhile, back in our private room at the restaurant, I surprised her with the book and we spent 10 or 15 minutes reading together about the first months of our relationship. I had hired a photographer who was posing as if she was taking pictures for the restaurant, but she was actually capturing her reactions as she went through the pages of the book. I finally decided it was time to move things along, so I skipped past many pages of the book to one of the last pages with Friday’s date describing the “perfect day” we were currently experiencing. The last entry said that shortly after arriving at the restaurant I proposed to her. Just as she absorbed what the book said, the photographer jumped in to capture the moment as I knelt to ask her the question and present her with the ring. As expected, she was a bit shell-shocked, but the important part is that she said, “Yes”. and recorded her answer in permanent pen into the book.

DSC05316.jpg

Everything all came off as planned. We went on to have a very special dinner and continued on to see the San Francisco Symphony concert. Our “perfect day” went perfectly.

DSC05354.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results