shape
carat
color
clarity

2.01ct RB Reset into Vatche U-113, Thanks to IDJ!

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Hi PS'ers!!

I'm the proud new owner of yet another beautiful ring from ID Jewelry! :appl:

My original engagement ring (from another jeweler) was a 2.01 ct H VS2 RB solitaire with a pave/prong set band, and it was absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately, it was also very uncomfortable for daily wear. The prongs on the band were not finished correctly and would poke into my surrounding fingers. I was hoping that I would get used to it over time, but 10 months later, it bothered me more than ever. The little prongs were not reparable, so I decided (with the support of my kind DH) that it was time to reset to a setting with a plain band. I spent hours poring over pictures on Pricescope and loved that the Vatche U-113 was consistently beautiful in all the versions that I saw. I am very grateful for all the PS'ers that took their time to post their beautiful ring photos and helped me decide to go with the U-113 in platinum!

Jade has been my main point of contact at IDJ and, per usual, she knocked it out of the park. She was always patient and so helpful- even when I would change my mind from one week to the next. (I was initially considering claw-like prong tips, but scrapped that at the last minute to go back to the original design. I'm so glad I did, because these prong tips are beautiful and delicate.)

I only went one day without an engagement ring- they took my diamond measurements and called me when the setting was ready. I dropped it off right away (I work just a couple of blocks away :dance: ), and the ring was ready one day later!! Now that is speedy! :love:

Thank you IDJ for another beautiful piece of jewelry!! I LOVE this setting more than I thought I would. It is so beautiful and most importantly, COMFORTABLE! I barely feel the ring on my hand. It feels like I'm just wearing a wedding band. :love: My diamond was set very low before, and this medium height setting showcases it BEAUTIFULLY. The diamond has more presence and I feel that I see more of it through the delicate 6 prongs, than I did with a low 4 prong basket setting. It's like the diamond is floating on top of my finger. I'm so happy that I went with this setting! :appl:

Now for some pictures (with my milgrain bezel wedding band from IDJ)!

vatche1.jpg

_31251.jpg

_31252.jpg

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love: Looks GREAT! :love:

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Thanks pfunk! :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful - nothing like a classic solitaire. So glad that you are pleased with it as well!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful classic!.. :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful! :love: :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally hear you with the pave - everything even well done pave irritates my skin, now it's beautiful, elegant and best of all wearable!!!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I love that setting!! Beautiful!

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
MissGotRocks: Thank you! I am really loving this classic look! :)
Dancing Fire: Thanks!! So happy I went with a solitaire.
Rockinruby: Thank you!! :appl:
arkieb1: Thanks, I also have trouble with heels- love them, love the look of them, but can barely stand them! I wonder if that's related. ;-)
UrsTx: Thank you, I'm really enjoying it! :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly LOVE the solitaire!!! Looks amazing on you. Great choice!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classically beautiful!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
You can't go wrong with a classic solitaire! It is really pretty!!!

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
m-2-b: Thank you!! You have the holy grail of classically beautiful solitaires! :love:
Sundial: Thank you!! Agreed, they are great. :appl:

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
I have some more close up pictures to share! I love my iPhone, but the photos from my Samsung Galaxy are so much better quality than the iPhone pics I posted. :lickout:

Thanks for looking!!

_31281.jpg

_31282.jpg

_31283.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh... Simple and timeless :love: and your new setting goes beautifully with your band :bigsmile:

Totally off-topic and probably inappropriate but you have pretty hands! They show rings off well ::)

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I absolutely love it! It looks fantastic on you. :appl:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the switch to the Vatche U-113 - your wedding set is so elegant and looks wonderful on your hand!

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Yssie: Thank you- so sweet of you to say!! :bigsmile: I have seen your SMTB threads and LOVE your taste!
CRYSTAL24K: Thanks so much!!
marymm: Thank you!! Vatche does a great job! :)

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Classic and Gorgeous! You made the right decision to reset your diamond in the Vatche U-113 Setting.
I love the diamond ring on you and the IDJ Family knows how to make everything better especially when your not happy.
Jade is a sweetheart.
Congrats on this gorgeous diamond ring and wear it in good health :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful, looks like a big sister to mine from Idjewelry. :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Perfection! I love a classic solitaire :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Such a gorgeous look!

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock
Really beautiful. You're giving me setting envy just now!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring ia gorgeous, & the WB along with your ER setting choice looks great--a classic!! :love: :love: :appl:

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
I love the Vatche U-113 and have considered it for myself! Congrats on such a beautiful ring and I love the band too! :love:

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful reset. I'm big fan of vatche too!

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Madison2: Thank you!! You're right, everyone at IDJ is really great!! :)
lknvrb4: Thanks so much- I love your ring, especially the claw prong tips! :love:
woofmama: Thank you!! So glad to have discovered my love for solitaires!
luv2sparkle: Thank you!! :bigsmile:
Zizzy: I think your setting is gorgeous!! So elegant. Thank you!
sarahb: I'm so glad that they ended up going well together. Thanks for your sweet words!
tweeter8177: Thank you!! Your rings are stunning- your taste is impeccable! :love:
Victoria10: Thank you!! :) Vatche makes so many beautiful, quality settings!

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
I thought it might be helpful for some PS'ers out there to see the difference between a low set, 4 prong, pave solitaire and a 6 prong medium height plain solitaire. (Ok TBH, my DH asked if I posted a comparison and was shocked that I hadn't posted it to begin with ;)) ). Both rings have the same 2.01 ct H VS2 Ex-Ex-Ex RB. We both see a significant difference in size, even from the top down view (more apparent in real life vs. pictures), because my previous setting was so low. Also, the plain shank lets the center diamond shine in the spotlight. :bigsmile: Not to mention that it looks much more substantial from the profile view as well! I hope that's helpful for people that are trying to choose between settings. This new setting really does my diamond justice.

I'll stop bombarding you guys with pictures now! :naughty:

compare_sizes.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Love the new pics! The new setting looks fantastic! :dance:
I especially like the comparison photos. (Thanks to your DH for mentioning the idea, lol. :clap: ). I really do think your wedding band "pops" more stacked with the new setting too! :appl:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh geez. Having had both a four prong and a 6 prong solitaire, I thought I'm more of a 4 prong girl. But seeing your ring and mrs-blop's solitaire, I'm totally torn! It's beautiful, graceful, classy, classic and it just showcases your gorgeous stone so well. I recently up-graded and am trying to decided on a solitaire setting for my new round brilliant and seeing your new setting has me re-thinking things :think: .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results