shape
carat
color
clarity

2.01ct RB Reset into Vatche U-113, Thanks to IDJ!

SparkleLady

Rough_Rock
looks amazing on your tiny fingers!

PJZ

Rough_Rock
Hi PS'ers!!

I'm the proud new owner of yet another beautiful ring from ID Jewelry! :appl:

My original engagement ring (from another jeweler) was a 2.01 ct H VS2 RB solitaire with a pave/prong set band, and it was absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately, it was also very uncomfortable for daily wear. The prongs on the band were not finished correctly and would poke into my surrounding fingers. I was hoping that I would get used to it over time, but 10 months later, it bothered me more than ever. The little prongs were not reparable, so I decided (with the support of my kind DH) that it was time to reset to a setting with a plain band. I spent hours poring over pictures on Pricescope and loved that the Vatche U-113 was consistently beautiful in all the versions that I saw. I am very grateful for all the PS'ers that took their time to post their beautiful ring photos and helped me decide to go with the U-113 in platinum!

Jade has been my main point of contact at IDJ and, per usual, she knocked it out of the park. She was always patient and so helpful- even when I would change my mind from one week to the next. (I was initially considering claw-like prong tips, but scrapped that at the last minute to go back to the original design. I'm so glad I did, because these prong tips are beautiful and delicate.)

I only went one day without an engagement ring- they took my diamond measurements and called me when the setting was ready. I dropped it off right away (I work just a couple of blocks away :dance: ), and the ring was ready one day later!! Now that is speedy! :love:

Thank you IDJ for another beautiful piece of jewelry!! I LOVE this setting more than I thought I would. It is so beautiful and most importantly, COMFORTABLE! I barely feel the ring on my hand. It feels like I'm just wearing a wedding band. :love: My diamond was set very low before, and this medium height setting showcases it BEAUTIFULLY. The diamond has more presence and I feel that I see more of it through the delicate 6 prongs, than I did with a low 4 prong basket setting. It's like the diamond is floating on top of my finger. I'm so happy that I went with this setting! :appl:

Now for some pictures (with my milgrain bezel wedding band from IDJ)!

vatche1.jpg

_31251.jpg

_31252.jpg
Hi!!! Your setting is perfect!!! By any chance, did you order the Vatche the way it comes, or did you thin out the shank? I saw some other posts where customers requested to have it thinned out.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!!! Your setting is perfect!!! By any chance, did you order the Vatche the way it comes, or did you thin out the shank? I saw some other posts where customers requested to have it thinned out.
OP hasnt been active since 2017. I would contact IDJ and point to this thread and ask them what they did with the setting for this project.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results