shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 17.8 Carat Tennis Bracelet from Whiteflash

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
If she treats them the way she’s treated you I find that hard to believe that she’s hung on to them all! And if it is true in that case I wouldn’t feel guilty dropping her and working with someone else who is more appreciative of your continued patronage.

I don’t want to or intend to be a pot stirrer, but I am really incensed on your behalf. No one deserves to be treated less than stellar when they’re purchasing luxury goods, and she’s done this more than once with you. Like I said earlier - I would say it’s unacceptable regardless of the spend, but it’s especially terrible given your spend.

Thank you. You're right, it really isn't okay and the experience at HW where I have no purchase history at all and I was treated incredibly (the SA there let me try on whatever I wanted, even 2M pieces, pieces out of the display window, and offered to order in whatever I wanted from the company's inventory) was quite the contrast. I think unfortunately my SA has gotten greedy and sees only dollar signs with me.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Went back to Cartier today...tried on a 10ct fancy yellow radiant (740k), 6ctw D color emerald cut drop earrings (300k), and the 0.5ct per diamond tennis necklace (400k).

Also went to Harry Winston and tried on a 15ct fancy yellow radiant, a 10ct F color oval, and a 9ct E color pear. Each 1M - 1.3M. Truly beautiful diamonds.

My Cartier SAs kept trying to talk crap about my WF diamonds today. They asked me what the clarity was and when I said VS1 - VS2 they said "hmmmm that's weird", implying they look like worse quality than that. It was funny. WF diamonds are incredibly beautiful, literally the best cut you can get, and it's obvious my Cartier SAs are trying to make a sale and make me believe that Cartier diamonds are above all others even though they aren't. There's nothing special about Cartier diamonds except the brand name and extreme mark up! If the same exact diamonds were from Cartier I just know they would be saying they were beautiful.

I’ve had SAs do this as well, with various pieces. My Rolex SA is notorious for it (he works in a jewelry story so he also sells jewelry). At first it made me really insecure about my pieces, but I have finally learned to laugh internally and say to my husband, “He just will NOT say anything nice about something he didn’t sell.”

Thank you. You're right, it really isn't okay and the experience at HW where I have no purchase history at all and I was treated incredibly (the SA there let me try on whatever I wanted, even 2M pieces, pieces out of the display window, and offered to order in whatever I wanted from the company's inventory) was quite the contrast. I think unfortunately my SA has gotten greedy and sees only dollar signs with me.

Just to add on about the incredible experience at HW - I walked in once when I had some time to kill on holiday. I was in shorts and flip flops, no jewelry (I never take my jewelry when I travel) and not even carrying a nice handbag. I’m also quite young. I clearly do not look like the kind of person who can afford to buy anything at HW, let alone the high jewelry at HW!

They were super nice - they chatted along with me, let me try on some of the fine jewelry pieces, and after a bit I got bold and asked about a gorgeous colombian emerald necklace they had in the window. They brought it out for me to try! I think it was like 1M or maybe more I can’t remember. They also let me try on a jewelry watch which was 300k. They gave me a catalog too. It was really kind of the SA to let me waste his time imo, especially since I upfront told him I was just there to look at the pretty bling and wasn’t going to buy anything.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
There are 25 ACA certified diamonds, 0.70 - 0.73 carat each and a mix of F or G color and VS1 or VS2 clarity.

As usual, I went with platinum as it is (imo) the most durable option, and I chose the four prong timeless setting and a custom length of 6".

It was priced incredibly well, at only $110,000 USD including tax. Yes I do mean only, because a bracelet with similar specs (but not super ideal diamonds) from Tiffanys, Harry Winston, Graff, VCA, or Cartier would be three to four times as much!!

It arrived today and WOW :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: , it has exceeded my wildest expectations....the setting is perfect, the length is perfect, and the diamonds are exactly what I ordered. I am beyond thrilled and in love with this bracelet!!

Additionally Whiteflash has absolutely amazing customer service as well. I highly, highly recommend them to anyone purchasing diamonds, whether that be a ring, earrings, bracelet, or a necklace. You can feel secure knowing you are getting the absolute best that there is! Thank you so, so much to Debi, my SA Brittany, Vera, and to everyone else on the WF team who made my dream bracelet a reality :love:

Here it is, worn with my 10 carat 3-prong tennis bracelet, also from Whiteflash! :dance:

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

Congrats on a gorgeous bracelet! You wear it so well. Thanks for all the photos—I love that you are showing us that tennis bracelets can be worn casually as well as with a more dressy look. So versatile!

I echo @RunningwithScissors request for a thread about riding along with Glitterbomb as you build your collection. You have breathtaking pieces and amazing taste and I’m sure we would all love to see what is next!

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Just to add on about the incredible experience at HW - I walked in once when I had some time to kill on holiday. I was in shorts and flip flops, no jewelry (I never take my jewelry when I travel) and not even carrying a nice handbag. I’m also quite young. I clearly do not look like the kind of person who can afford to buy anything at HW, let alone the high jewelry at HW!

They were super nice - they chatted along with me, let me try on some of the fine jewelry pieces, and after a bit I got bold and asked about a gorgeous colombian emerald necklace they had in the window. They brought it out for me to try! I think it was like 1M or maybe more I can’t remember. They also let me try on a jewelry watch which was 300k. They gave me a catalog too. It was really kind of the SA to let me waste his time imo, especially since I upfront told him I was just there to look at the pretty bling and wasn’t going to buy anything.

That's amazing! When I went to HW I was dressed similarly, in denim shorts, a white tee, and a cardigan. I was wearing some jewelry, but it was mostly hidden under my cardigan and I wasn't carrying a designer purse. I look very young too, I'm often mistaken for a teenager or in my early 20s. And still they treated me so kindly!

I think it is smart. It isn't right to judge someone's wallet or buying power by the way they dress. I have friends & family that are very wealthy and you would never, ever guess by their appearance and what they choose to wear. Plus, sometimes customers go to stores to try on dream wishlist items that they are hoping to purchase in the future. If you treat them kindly and with respect, they will remember that and come back when the time is right!

That's amazing! When I went to HW I was dressed similarly, in denim shorts, a white tee, and a cardigan. I was wearing some jewelry, but it was mostly hidden under my cardigan and I wasn't carrying a designer purse. I look very young too, I'm often mistaken for a teenager or in my early 20s. And still they treated me so kindly!

I think it is smart. It isn't right to judge someone's wallet or buying power by the way they dress. I have friends & family that are very wealthy and you would never, ever guess by their appearance and what they choose to wear. Plus, sometimes customers go to stores to try on dream wishlist items that they are hoping to purchase in the future. If you treat them kindly and with respect, they will remember that and come back when the time is right!

Absolutely! On the flip side, one bad interaction can sour you on an entire brand. I’ve had a bad experience at Tiffany once before with an unnecessarily rude/dismissive SA, and the jewelry I was perusing then was fine jewelry that was definitely within budget. I was so annoyed with her I left, and while I still like some of their designs, I just don’t want to spend money with them because of that one rude SA who I will never see again.

Also, more to the point of your posts, your Cartier SA’s comments on your diamonds are just :roll: i have to say that I’ve never had that experience at Cartier, they either have said nothing at all or have complimented my jewelry every time I have gone in, and none of the stuff they’ve praised has been stuff by Cartier themselves. It’s not really worth calling them out or creating an issue about it, but it’s definitely annoying, haha.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock

...and that is what I like about WF... they would never criticize or bashed someone's jewelry just because it was not purchased from them. If you criticize my jewelry, you are criticizing my taste and selection, which is none of anyone's business to judge. If you had not asked for a feedback about your gorgeous bracelet, none should have been provided. My Hermes SA has never said a peep when I come in with a different purse or compare other brands to H (for myself not to bash H). Get a new SA and make that one rich. ;)2

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely! On the flip side, one bad interaction can sour you on an entire brand. I’ve had a bad experience at Tiffany once before with an unnecessarily rude/dismissive SA, and the jewelry I was perusing then was fine jewelry that was definitely within budget. I was so annoyed with her I left, and while I still like some of their designs, I just don’t want to spend money with them because of that one rude SA who I will never see again.

Also, more to the point of your posts, your Cartier SA’s comments on your diamonds are just :roll: i have to say that I’ve never had that experience at Cartier, they either have said nothing at all or have complimented my jewelry every time I have gone in, and none of the stuff they’ve praised has been stuff by Cartier themselves. It’s not really worth calling them out or creating an issue about it, but it’s definitely annoying, haha.

Yeah, rude SAs can just be a complete turn off to the entire brand. My Cartier SAs definitely want me to start buying their 400k Cartier diamonds, so they are trying to make me feel like I bought inferior/bad quality diamonds elsewhere (even though I'm an educated consumer and I know that isn't true). Funny enough they did compliment my diamond studs, which happened to be lab diamonds that day, and I told them that, and then they said "let's get you some real diamonds!". lol. no thanks. I'm not interested in buying 400k Cartier diamond studs.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This isn’t the first issue you’ve had with your SA recently. The whole guilloche pendant debacle.

I’m definitely voting time for a new SA :???:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
There are 25 ACA certified diamonds, 0.70 - 0.73 carat each and a mix of F or G color and VS1 or VS2 clarity.

As usual, I went with platinum as it is (imo) the most durable option, and I chose the four prong timeless setting and a custom length of 6".

It was priced incredibly well, at only $110,000 USD including tax. Yes I do mean only, because a bracelet with similar specs (but not super ideal diamonds) from Tiffanys, Harry Winston, Graff, VCA, or Cartier would be three to four times as much!!

It arrived today and WOW :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: , it has exceeded my wildest expectations....the setting is perfect, the length is perfect, and the diamonds are exactly what I ordered. I am beyond thrilled and in love with this bracelet!!

Additionally Whiteflash has absolutely amazing customer service as well. I highly, highly recommend them to anyone purchasing diamonds, whether that be a ring, earrings, bracelet, or a necklace. You can feel secure knowing you are getting the absolute best that there is! Thank you so, so much to Debi, my SA Brittany, Vera, and to everyone else on the WF team who made my dream bracelet a reality :love:

Here it is, worn with my 10 carat 3-prong tennis bracelet, also from Whiteflash! :dance:

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

Now THAT is a tennis bracelet. *THUD*. Wiping off drool from the floor.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

Here's two videos of it!! Even the videos don't do it justice, but you can see some of the rainbow fire. It's just soooo incredibly beautiful and sparkly in person :kiss2:

Just absolutely stunning!! Congrats!! *still wiping off drool on the floor* hahaha.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

Thank you Glitterbomb for taking us on a magic carpet ride of high end lovelyness!!! Your jewelry is amazing as well as the outfits you modeled.
I love following this thread.. can't wait for more.:wavey:

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
This isn’t the first issue you’ve had with your SA recently. The whole guilloche pendant debacle.

I’m definitely voting time for a new SA :???:

Very true. I had actually forgotten about that.... :think:

ETA: For those that have switched SAs, is it awkward when you go to the store and see your former SA there? I would feel sooooo awkward. I'm really not good with conflict. Most of the SAs there recognize me and know me too....

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Very true. I had actually forgotten about that.... :think:

ETA: For those that have switched SAs, is it awkward when you go to the store and see your former SA there? I would feel sooooo awkward. I'm really not good with conflict. Most of the SAs there recognize me and know me too....

No, it is not. It is your money and your right to a new SA who can provide better services. (Now I am talking like an attorney, lol.) If anyone should feel awkward, it is her.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
I'm definitely going to switch SAs.

I've been thinking back and there were more incidents that occurred that I brushed aside...there were several times right after spending $100k - $300k at VCA that my SA would tell me I needed to work more to make more money so I could buy more jewelry with her. omg, the nerve!! :nono:

Last edited:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@glitterbomb - do you know if all the SAs at Cartier or VCA wearing their respective brands’ jewelry own everything they’re wearing? I’ve seen some SAs wear quite a bit ie watch, multiple rings, multiple bracelets.

Kya

Shiny_Rock
I'm definitely going to switch SAs.

I've been thinking back and there were more incidents that occurred that I brushed aside...there were several times right after spending $100k - $300k at VCA that my SA would tell me I needed to work more to make more money so I could buy more jewelry with her. omg, the nerve!! :nono:

Your SA has crossed way too many lines. I honestly don’t even know how she has still has her job.

It is hard to switch SAs because it feels disloyal: However, the appropriate mind frame is that she has crossed enough lines to burn bridges several times over if that can even be done.

On a different note, have you ever considered starting a fashion blog? You have quite the fashion sense and talent and I’m sure many like me would love the inspo!

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
@glitterbomb - do you know if all the SAs at Cartier or VCA wearing their respective brands’ jewelry own everything they’re wearing? I’ve seen some SAs wear quite a bit ie watch, multiple rings, multiple bracelets.

I think they do own everything they wear, but that's just my assumption. I heard VCA employees get quite the store discount - around 50 - 75%? Cartier offers a similar discount to their employees, but not on their love or juste un clou designs.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I think they do own everything they wear, but that's just my assumption. I heard VCA employees get quite the store discount - around 50 - 75%? Cartier offers a similar discount to their employees, but not on their love or juste un clou designs.

Wow! That’s a HUGE discount. I may just decide to work for them hahaha.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I have to say that all of her gestures that seem like she's your friend aren't friend gestures - they are just moves that salespeople make to keep their customers on the hook so to speak. They make you feel special when honestly they are just hoping to help you make another purchase. When someone has spent the kind of money you have with them, no proper sales associate would take a limited budget remark to heart. She would know that the budget will grow in due time. This would tell me all I needed to know about her.
I understand your reluctance to find another SA and still have to see this person. It's like trying a new stylist in the salon - so awkward and uncomfortable! It is probably more difficult for you than it would be for some of us because you are still a young lady. Time hardens - lol! However, you have spent a lot of money with them and deserve to be treated as a VIP. The next time you are there she will surely think you are on good terms and that nothing has changed. If asked, I would tell her that she wasn't interested in helping you when it appeared you weren't a buyer but a shopper. Should she give you any trouble or grief, just ask to speak to the manager. A word here or there with her from them will end that problem quickly!

Good luck to you!! All will be well! As always, thanks so much for sharing your lovelies and your experiences with us!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally agree about it being "squirmy" to change a salesperson or a hairstylist and that age makes us tougher.. one of the few benefits.:lol:
I have also employed the old tried and true technique of finding out when that person's day off is and go and shop (or get your hair done) on that day!

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
You know, I have to say that all of her gestures that seem like she's your friend aren't friend gestures - they are just moves that salespeople make to keep their customers on the hook so to speak. They make you feel special when honestly they are just hoping to help you make another purchase. When someone has spent the kind of money you have with them, no proper sales associate would take a limited budget remark to heart. She would know that the budget will grow in due time. This would tell me all I needed to know about her.
I understand your reluctance to find another SA and still have to see this person. It's like trying a new stylist in the salon - so awkward and uncomfortable! It is probably more difficult for you than it would be for some of us because you are still a young lady. Time hardens - lol! However, you have spent a lot of money with them and deserve to be treated as a VIP. The next time you are there she will surely think you are on good terms and that nothing has changed. If asked, I would tell her that she wasn't interested in helping you when it appeared you weren't a buyer but a shopper. Should she give you any trouble or grief, just ask to speak to the manager. A word here or there with her from them will end that problem quickly!

Good luck to you!! All will be well! As always, thanks so much for sharing your lovelies and your experiences with us!

That is very true. I often wonder how quickly she would stop being my "friend" if I completely stopped shopping at VCA....

You're very right about the budget. Also I just said my budget is expected to be tight for the rest of the year, which is only four months. What if in January or February I'm ready to purchase a HJ piece? She seriously has no idea! To not bring in the pieces I requested is just mind-boggling, because I know she would love to make that kind of a sale with me. She just isn't interested to put in the work & time with me if I can't purchase it right this very second.

Not many people make a purchase of $300,000 - $2,000,000 (depending on which specific HJ piece) quickly...unless you are a billionaire, you want to take your time to make sure that is the piece you truly want, because there are so, so many options out there. There are so many amazing stores and brands I could drop that kind of money on. So to decide to spend that amount of money on one single VCA HJ piece is not a decision I take lightly.

That is very true. I often wonder how quickly she would stop being my "friend" if I completely stopped shopping at VCA....

You're very right about the budget. Also I just said my budget is expected to be tight for the rest of the year, which is only four months. What if in January or February I'm ready to purchase a HJ piece? She seriously has no idea! To not bring in the pieces I requested is just mind-boggling, because I know she would love to make that kind of a sale with me. She just isn't interested to put in the work & time with me if I can't purchase it right this very second.

Not many people make a purchase of $300,000 - $2,000,000 (depending on which specific HJ piece) quickly...unless you are a billionaire, you want to take your time to make sure that is the piece you truly want, because there are so, so many options out there. There are so many amazing stores and brands I could drop that kind of money on. So to decide to spend that amount of money on one single VCA HJ piece is not a decision I take lightly.

Your SA sounds almost cartoonishly greedy, if you ask me. I’m honestly angry that you stayed with her for so long because she does NOT deserve the kind of commission she’s made off of you so far!

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Your SA sounds almost cartoonishly greedy, if you ask me. I’m honestly angry that you stayed with her for so long because she does NOT deserve the kind of commission she’s made off of you so far!

I agree with you 100%.

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Before I make my own thread, I wanted to add to thread a note about the SA I met at Harry Winston yesterday....she was so kind and showed me anything I wanted to look at, even 10ct diamonds that ranged from 1M to 2M, despite having no purchase history with her or Harry Winston. She also was considerate enough to tell me that if I was interested in fancy yellow diamonds, I would find more inventory at Tiffanys than HW. I was so impressed with that. Not many SAs will be honest & tell you to go to a competitor to find what you're looking for, they typically just try to steer you towards something that is in their inventory they could sell you. She also told me she preferred the shape of 10ct oval diamond on me than the 9ct pear, even though the pear was more money. Honesty like that is so appealing to me and actually makes me want to start shopping there!

On the other hand, I had a bit of a disappointing experience with my VCA SA. Normally she brings in all the high jewelry I want to see, despite knowing it is not in my budget and they are dream pieces of mine that I will have to save up for.

Today I told her that my budget is expected to be tight for the rest of the year. Then, per usual, I asked if she could bring in some high jewelry pieces for me to look at and have some fun with (two 10ct diamonds, like I tried on at HW and Cartier).

She said "but it's not good my love, your finance is tight, this will be tough for you". I said I still want to look at them and try them on even if I'm not ready to purchase. She then said if she can have one in the boutique she will keep me posted. Meaning if someone else is going to request one and it comes in, she'll let me know so I can try it, but she isn't going to go out of her way and bring one into the store for me under my profile.

That is so far from her typical response. I really did not like it at all. Quite frankly I've spent over 1M with her and I'm considered a VVIP client at VCA. My SA has been so kind to me and become more of a friend, but that response was really disheartening. Just because a piece is out of my budget right now, doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to try it on and see if I want to put it on my wishlist some day or save up for it. The SA at HW did not care one bit if I could afford the diamonds I was trying on, as she had no idea if I could or not. :(

:(2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results