shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 17.8 Carat Tennis Bracelet from Whiteflash

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Fun things to look forward to for you! Do you wear the larger jewelry in your workplace? I bet your friends want to try it all on - lol!

I work remotely! I have had friends ask to try on and wear some of my jewelry though, which I am fine with as long as they are close, trusted friends

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I work remotely! I have had friends ask to try on and wear some of my jewelry though, which I am fine with as long as they are close, trusted friends

Wow - I bet they love being able to try it on and even able to wear some of the pieces! You are a friend indeed!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely stunning!!!:kiss2: The sparkle must be amazing. It's a truly spectacular piece @glitterbomb, and looks beautiful on you. Congratulations!!

Micina

Rough_Rock
Trade
It sparkles incredibly in person, it's blinding!! Pictures do not do it any justice honestly. But here are some more pics :lol-2:

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

What a luxurious bracelet!!!
I am so happy the fact that you overcame terrible experience with other jeweler and finally made your dream come true with WF. Must be exceed your expectations!

I will start from 0.3ct each but hope I can find incredibly sparkly bracelet, something like yours.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
I received the size 53 panthere ring, but it was unfortunately way too big, so I went to Cartier to try on the size 51 & 52. The 52 is a perfect fit, and I purchased it. Now I have to return the 53, which is a hassle but at least I can get a full refund since I purchased it online. I love the 52 so much, and I'm very happy with it. It's so funny, I already received multiple compliments on this ring today while walking through the mall and going into various stores! I actually don't get compliments on my jewelry very often.

While I was at Cartier, I tried on a $400,000 87 carat tennis necklace with 0.5ct diamonds (it was really bulky & too flashy imo - that's a lot coming from me!) and two smaller tennis necklaces, a 16" and a 17", with I am assuming 0.1ct - 0.2ct D / E color VVS diamonds that were $140,000 - $170,000 for both. They were very small diamonds, but I loved the look! It was perfect for a more casual everyday look (the size of the diamonds...not necessarily the price). I didn't buy it of course because that is way, way overpriced, as you're paying a huge premium for the brand name.

However, as it turns out, I am extremely color sensitive, even more than I thought. I could easily see that the Cartier D & E color diamonds were whiter than my F & G diamonds from WF. However, my WF diamonds sparkled more and I haven't even cleaned the bracelet since it arrived and I've been wearing it daily! Imagine how sparkly it would be if it was clean....I was very, very impressed with it. My lovely SA was telling me the Cartier diamonds sparkle more but as she was saying it she was looking at the WF diamonds and she kinda trailed off ... I think she realized the WF diamonds were more sparkly :lol:

Last edited:

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
What a luxurious bracelet!!!
I am so happy the fact that you overcame terrible experience with other jeweler and finally made your dream come true with WF. Must be exceed your expectations!

I will start from 0.3ct each but hope I can find incredibly sparkly bracelet, something like yours.

I'm sure you will be so happy going with WF for your bracelet! Please show us when you receive it! :kiss2:

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
2.jpg
The smaller tennis necklaces from Cartier (along with a pave panthere sapphire brooch/clip that came with these two tennis necklaces)

5.jpg

6.jpg
WF tennis bracelets, along with the Cartier pave panthere link bracelet, tennis necklace, pave panthere brooch/clip, and rose gold pave panthere ring

And some fun, bonus Saint Laurent shopping....
1.jpg
A truly stunning, absolutely luxurious leather trench coat that I purchased and is getting tailored for me

9.jpg
a silver heart embellished scalloped crop jacket my SA talked me into trying on and I fell in love with .... and my WF tennis bracelets, rose gold pave panthere ring, rose gold pave double wrap juste un clou ring, and VCA pave magic alhambra pendant :love:

I received the size 53 panthere ring, but it was unfortunately way too big, so I went to Cartier to try on the size 51 & 52. The 52 is a perfect fit, and I purchased it. Now I have to return the 53, which is a hassle but at least I can get a full refund since I purchased it online. I love the 52 so much, and I'm very happy with it. It's so funny, I already received multiple compliments on this ring today while walking through the mall and going into various stores! I actually don't get compliments on my jewelry very often.

While I was at Cartier, I tried on a $400,000 87 carat tennis necklace with 0.5ct diamonds (it was really bulky & too flashy imo - that's a lot coming from me!) and two smaller tennis necklaces, a 16" and a 17", with I am assuming 0.1ct - 0.2ct D / E color VVS diamonds that were $140,000 - $170,000 for both. They were very small diamonds, but I loved the look! It was perfect for a more casual everyday look (the size of the diamonds...not necessarily the price). I didn't buy it of course because that is way, way overpriced, as you're paying a huge premium for the brand name.

However, as it turns out, I am extremely color sensitive, even more than I thought. I could easily see that the Cartier D & E color diamonds were whiter than my F & G diamonds from WF. However, my WF diamonds sparkled more and I haven't even cleaned the bracelet since it arrived and I've been wearing it daily! Imagine how sparkly it would be if it was clean....I was very, very impressed with it. My lovely SA was telling me the Cartier diamonds sparkle more but as she was saying it she was looking at the WF diamonds and she kinda trailed off ... I think she realized the WF diamonds were more sparkly :lol:

87 carats at 0.5ct each? Wow that must be really long or doubled up! Sounds amazing :kiss2: I think you could pull it off given your insane collection though ofc I wouldn’t pay the Cartier premium for it :D

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ADORE your new ring. I have 2 cats, so am particularly partial.

You buying that bracelet?

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
I ADORE your new ring. I have 2 cats, so am particularly partial.

You buying that bracelet?

Aww I have 3 cats!!! I love them so much :love:

I'm still considering it! I put down a deposit so it's on hold for now....

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
87 carats at 0.5ct each? Wow that must be really long or doubled up! Sounds amazing :kiss2: I think you could pull it off given your insane collection though ofc I wouldn’t pay the Cartier premium for it :D

It wasn't that long, I think around 17". Maybe it didn't have 87 carats, but I swear I heard my SA say that. Maybe she said 87 diamonds and 43.5 carats for the necklace and I misheard her. That would make more sense.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww I have 3 cats!!! I love them so much :love:

I'm still considering it! I put down a deposit so it's on hold for now....

Aww. I had 3 but one passed.

It is a LOT of money. What does your heart say?

It wasn't that long, I think around 17". Maybe it didn't have 87 carats, but I swear I heard my SA say that. Maybe she said 87 diamonds and 43.5 carats for the necklace and I misheard her. That would make more sense.

That would make more sense! My jeweler had a ~60-63ct (I can’t remember exactly) tennis necklace this one time I went in (1ct each) and the length was around 15.5 I think. So that had 60-63 stones for 1.5in. Seeing as though 0.5ct stones are a bit smaller in size I think 87 stones for ~17” at ~5mm a stone sounds about right. It also sounds amazing and I would love to enable you towards it, since your collection is absolutely dreamy :kiss2:

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Aww. I had 3 but one passed.

It is a LOT of money. What does your heart say?

I'm so sorry :(( I know that pain and I wish I didn't. One of my cats passed this year too. I used to have only two. Then one passed suddenly at only three years old from congenital heart disease. I was devastated. I had to adopt another cat pretty quickly because my cat that was left behind was bonded to her and was so depressed by himself. He would just lay next to me all day long, which is not like him. Then a third cat showed up one day in my backyard and was literally banging on my door! I opened the door and she walked right into my house! She had an unregistered microchip, couldn't find an owner, and I adopted her. So that's how I ended up with three :shock: The weird thing is the cat that showed up at my door is so much like the one that passed....same weight, same color fur, around the same age, similar personality, likes and dislikes, and quirks. It's so strange!

As for the panthere bracelet, I'm not sure. I do really like it but I don't know if I LOVE it compared to all the other possible things I could buy with 150k (like more 10+ carat LGDs which is my current passion lol). I don't know if I would miss it if I passed on it. I already feel pretty satisfied in the bracelet department.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry :(( I know that pain and I wish I didn't. One of my cats passed this year too. I used to have only two. Then one passed suddenly at only three years old from congenital heart disease. I was devastated. I had to adopt another cat pretty quickly because my cat that was left behind was bonded to her and was so depressed by himself. He would just lay next to me all day long, which is not like him. Then a third cat showed up one day in my backyard and was literally banging on my door! I opened the door and she walked right into my house! She had an unregistered microchip, couldn't find an owner, and I adopted her. So that's how I ended up with three :shock: The weird thing is the cat that showed up at my door is so much like the one that passed....same weight, same color fur, around the same age, similar personality, likes and dislikes, and quirks. It's so strange!

As for the panthere bracelet, I'm not sure. I do really like it but I don't know if I LOVE it compared to all the other possible things I could buy with 150k (like more 10+ carat LGDs which is my current passion lol). I don't know if I would miss it if I passed on it. I already feel pretty satisfied in the bracelet department.

Awww! I love that! You're so lucky to have been blessed with the same cat twice. Cats are such beautiful lovely creatures. They're my babies.

I get what you're saying. If you hesitate, then maybe pass on it. For that much money, you need to really LOVE it.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it!!! Enjoy that stunner! Congratulations!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not that young imo...I'm in my mid-30s but people often think I'm a teenager :lol:

The VCA items? I did sell a couple of them, I have to update the post

Ohmygosh! You are young! Wonderful to have such beautiful jewelry at a younger age! Wear them in great health!! .....as I turn 57 in the next week..........time flies~!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
2.jpg
The smaller tennis necklaces from Cartier (along with a pave panthere sapphire brooch/clip that came with these two tennis necklaces)

5.jpg

6.jpg
WF tennis bracelets, along with the Cartier pave panthere link bracelet, tennis necklace, pave panthere brooch/clip, and rose gold pave panthere ring

And some fun, bonus Saint Laurent shopping....
1.jpg
A truly stunning, absolutely luxurious leather trench coat that I purchased and is getting tailored for me

9.jpg
a silver heart embellished scalloped crop jacket my SA talked me into trying on and I fell in love with .... and my WF tennis bracelets, rose gold pave panthere ring, rose gold pave double wrap juste un clou ring, and VCA pave magic alhambra pendant :love:

I'm loving the look of those tennis necklaces! I'd love one like that from WF someday. Did they flip at all? I'm trying to figure out what makes some necklaces flip and other not, so am entered in hearing your thoughts on the ones you tried on and if they "behaved".

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
I'm loving the look of those tennis necklaces! I'd love one like that from WF someday. Did they flip at all? I'm trying to figure out what makes some necklaces flip and other not, so am entered in hearing your thoughts on the ones you tried on and if they "behaved".

They actually didn't flip! I wonder why

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock

I found out the diamonds in these smaller tennis necklaces are .07ct each. That is SO small for Cartier's price.... :eek-2:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOoh, I love your new outfit and your fur babies!!

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Went back to Cartier today...tried on a 10ct fancy yellow radiant (740k), 6ctw D color emerald cut drop earrings (300k), and the 0.5ct per diamond tennis necklace (400k).

Also went to Harry Winston and tried on a 15ct fancy yellow radiant, a 10ct F color oval, and a 9ct E color pear. Each 1M - 1.3M. Truly beautiful diamonds.

My Cartier SAs kept trying to talk crap about my WF diamonds today. They asked me what the clarity was and when I said VS1 - VS2 they said "hmmmm that's weird", implying they look like worse quality than that. It was funny. WF diamonds are incredibly beautiful, literally the best cut you can get, and it's obvious my Cartier SAs are trying to make a sale and make me believe that Cartier diamonds are above all others even though they aren't. There's nothing special about Cartier diamonds except the brand name and extreme mark up! If the same exact diamonds were from Cartier I just know they would be saying they were beautiful.

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
You're KILLING me!!

Tell us more about the oval ring.

It's a 10.12ct G / SI1 (LGD) with a platinum pave hidden halo setting from Forever Diamonds New York. It's huge (17.5 x 12.15) and absolutely gorgeous. There's no visible bow tie or inclusions! It was 77k. I saw a 10ct F color oval diamond ring today at Harry Winston that was 1.3M....

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a 10.12ct G / SI1 (LGD) with a platinum pave hidden halo setting from Forever Diamonds New York. It's huge (17.5 x 12.15) and absolutely gorgeous. There's no visible bow tie or inclusions! It was 77k. I saw a 10ct F color oval diamond ring today at Harry Winston that was 1.3M....

Gorgeous!! :kiss2: It is HUGE!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're wearing your WG clover! :bigsmile:

So rude of whoever was helping you to comment negatively on your non-Cartier jewellery. I've never had that happen - either positive remarks or they say nothing at all, both of which are just fine by me!

Gotta be honest, the yellow radiant doesn't hold my attention, but wow those emerald cut earrings are just delicious :love:

Edit - I think this is actually my fave pic of your two WF bracelets so far, they're so lush in profile like this... One could almost call them "unassuming". One would be very wrong to do so, of course :lol:

1660456021123.png

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results