shape
carat
color
clarity

15 Pointer or 20 Pointer Eternity Band??

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
+1 to MissGotRocks philosophy! If an eternity is what you want, go for it! THere is nothing worse than regretting a choice in life - be it a career, car, house, relationship or a ring. If what you are really wanting is a 15 - 20 point eternity and that's all youve been thinking of as your dream ring, then don't compromise and go for something that you'll have to learn to love.

Life is too short to wear bad jewelry! (I like to embellish and modify that phrase as require! :bigsmile: )

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
mom2boys|1348715322|3275264 said:
Glad I could be of help to you! Here are some other examples of eternity bands which you may find useful:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-diamond-eternity-bands.51825/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-diamond-eternity-bands.51825/[/URL]

If you haven't done so already, you should also ask for a quote from WF also since their prices were very reasonable, especially given that they use their ACA's in their eternity bands!

Thanks for the advice mom2boys I have gotten a price from WF and they are reasonable. I looked at an eternity band with 13 pointers in a box store here in Canada and the price was just over double the price of the 20 point band from WF :o I knew that a box store would be more but not that much more, unbelievable.

I was wondering if you have any issues with your band scratching things or people at all?

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi|1349009150|3276778 said:
+1 to MissGotRocks philosophy! If an eternity is what you want, go for it! THere is nothing worse than regretting a choice in life - be it a career, car, house, relationship or a ring. If what you are really wanting is a 15 - 20 point eternity and that's all youve been thinking of as your dream ring, then don't compromise and go for something that you'll have to learn to love.

Life is too short to wear bad jewelry! (I like to embellish and modify that phrase as require! :bigsmile: )

Very true!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you comfortable revealing who the 2 PS vendors are you have quotes from? Not knowing who you've contacted, IDJ is wonderful for working with quality and within budget - I have 2 items from them and are VERY happy! I also have worked with BGD and have 3 beautiful diamond items from them as well. Both companies were very responsive and great customer service. I dealt with Luann at IDJ and Denise (and Lesley and spoke once with Brian) at BGD.

People are also VERY happy with WF and GOG. Maybe if you compared more vendors, the gap would close on pricing...

But really, over the lifespan of your marriage, as MGR said, what's $1200??? Its like pennies a day, over a 40+ year marriage!!! :naughty: Go for it - get the ring you want!!! :halo:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Gemmy123|1348923247|3276413 said:
I am worried that I will feel like I talked myself out of it too :errrr:

Get the full eternity with 20 pointers. Hell, get 25's. :Up_to_something:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
JaneSmith|1349011238|3276787 said:

oh now COME ON!!! You are just tempting the diamond gods on that one, Janesmith!!! LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You are worse than me, you little devil you! :devil:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We PSers are happy to enable, lol! I'd agree to go with 20 pointers.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1349010419|3276785 said:
Are you comfortable revealing who the 2 PS vendors are you have quotes from? Not knowing who you've contacted, IDJ is wonderful for working with quality and within budget - I have 2 items from them and are VERY happy! I also have worked with BGD and have 3 beautiful diamond items from them as well. Both companies were very responsive and great customer service. I dealt with Luann at IDJ and Denise (and Lesley and spoke once with Brian) at BGD.

People are also VERY happy with WF and GOG. Maybe if you compared more vendors, the gap would close on pricing...

But really, over the lifespan of your marriage, as MGR said, what's $1200??? Its like pennies a day, over a 40+ year marriage!!! :naughty: Go for it - get the ring you want!!! :halo:

My band was previously purchased by Armywife (I bought second hand) from IDJ. The price she paid was a steal compared to most jewelers. I then bought it at more of a steal, since it was 2nd hand.

If I had not found it 2nd hand, I would have purchased straight from IDJ. Make sure to "upgrade" the stones to "PS quality" or "excellent cut" melee. I can seriously see arrows in mine! :love:

No, I never had an issue with it scratching me or anyone else. Army specifically requested it be set lower than usual, and added a "shoulder" on both sides for comfort. I sleep with it on, and I haven't accidentally scratched up SO's face yet…

and yes, again, I vote 20 pt-ers! But if you can swing to 25… go for that! :wink2:

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
LOL JaneSmith I have thought of getting another quote on 25s but I know if I do that then I'll want another for 30s and so on :lol:

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi|1349010419|3276785 said:

I actually have written WF, ERD and IDJ. WF was the only one who replied. I have gotten really excellent service and information from Traci so far. I have talked to my SO about the 15 vs. 20 pointers and he's willing to pay for 20s so I'm pretty sure that's what I'll be going with. I think I'll probably go with WF based on the service I've gotten so far.

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
Have any of you had difficulties with one metal over the other with your eternity bands? I know that gold snaps easier than plat. but plat. is said to be more malleable.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds wonderful, Gemmy! As for IDJ, sometimes they are not as quick on the email as you'd like them to be. That's been my experience in the past, so I'd just call on the 1-800# and Luann would pick up, chat and then reply by email within minutes/hours! Worth another try... then you can compare pricing at least!

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi|1349026384|3276907 said:
Sounds wonderful, Gemmy! As for IDJ, sometimes they are not as quick on the email as you'd like them to be. That's been my experience in the past, so I'd just call on the 1-800# and Luann would pick up, chat and then reply by email within minutes/hours! Worth another try... then you can compare pricing at least!

I will try calling them to see what they can do.

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
Correct me if I'm wrong, I had assumed that there would be a disparity between IDJ and WF diamonds since there is such a price difference between the two????

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
In my opinion, go one size larger (diamond-wise) than what you want today. Diamond shrinkage might set in and you'll wish you had gone larger. So, if going with 20 pointers is not a financial strain, go with that.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a quote from IDJ for what their equivalent, ideal cut melee and they were not as competitive in pricing as WF. Traci has been great! There is peace of mind knowing that they are using their ACA melee which is important to me. WF also provides CADs which was very helpful in terms of visualization. I made many adjustments to what I was looking for in terms of prong placement and low profile of the band for comfort. There have been no issues whatsoever on my band scratching/catching on anything thus far.

FYI, make sure you know that the bigger you go in terms of point size, the higher the profile which may be a bit less comfortable to wear. I would try some on locally and to see/feel the height of the band against your fingers. Good luck to you!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1349011807|3276790 said:
JaneSmith|1349011238|3276787 said:

oh now COME ON!!! You are just tempting the diamond gods on that one, Janesmith!!! LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You are worse than me, you little devil you! :devil:

:twisted: 8-)

Gemmy, it sounds like you've decided on the 20's! :appl:
WF has given me great service for a semi custom piece using ACA's, and I'm about to find out about IDJ. With IDJ, I got an email reply the next day and very prompt service via phone. I was convinced to use IDJ for competitive pricing and a fantastic upgrade policy.
I've seen good and bad reviews for WF and IDJ eternity rings on this site, but many many more good.

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
mom2boys said:
I got a quote from IDJ for what their equivalent, ideal cut melee and they were not as competitive in pricing as WF. Traci has been great! There is peace of mind knowing that they are using their ACA melee which is important to me. WF also provides CADs which was very helpful in terms of visualization. I made many adjustments to what I was looking for in terms of prong placement and low profile of the band for comfort. There have been no issues whatsoever on my band scratching/catching on anything thus far.

FYI, make sure you know that the bigger you go in terms of point size, the higher the profile which may be a bit less comfortable to wear. I would try some on locally and to see/feel the height of the band against your fingers. Good luck to you!

Great to know Mom2Boys!!! It looks like they did an excellent job on yours. I haven't found anywhere with 20 pointers yet I tried on 18s and a huge one Tiffany's couldn't tell you the carat weight though and found as long as they are set low I shouldn't have a problem.

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
orbaya said:
In my opinion, go one size larger (diamond-wise) than what you want today. Diamond shrinkage might set in and you'll wish you had gone larger. So, if going with 20 pointers is not a financial strain, go with that.

I think your right, I could also get a blingy wedding band or stacking bands if I feel like I need even more diamonds :saint:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results