shape
carat
color
clarity

10mm/3.85ct OEC Lab Diamond from Ouros

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh. That's a nice one that I could be tempted to adopt if I won the lottery. I still would love to see a taller crown though but if I'm ready to buy, I'd ask Vijay to cut me one like it with a taller crown.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
oooo that's really pretty!! I like the chubby facets

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Oooh very tempting. Pricing on lab diamonds are all over the place at the moment - this is lower for example than I would have expected for size. At the same time more than others are charging. Very interesting to watch the market.

I am about to take a huge chance and have an approximately 3ct oec cut by another vendor (who I have had some good success with), and they will then send it to IGI on my behalf. Will keep you posted.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh very tempting. Pricing on lab diamonds are all over the place at the moment - this is lower for example than I would have expected for size. At the same time more than others are charging. Very interesting to watch the market.

I am about to take a huge chance and have an approximately 3ct oec cut by another vendor (who I have had some good success with), and they will then send it to IGI on my behalf. Will keep you posted.

That sounds like a very exciting project. We need more OEC vendors for LGDs. Looking forward to seeing your OEC.

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
That sounds like a very exciting project. We need more OEC vendors for LGDs. Looking forward to seeing your OEC.

We definitely do need more vendors.

And a small update. It is in process, but will take a while. Cutting is 7 days (luckily good rough was in stock) and then it goes to IGI for 20. Then it has to be set and posted. So I expect about 2 months of waiting. Hoping it will be worth it. Will post it as soon as I have it.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
We definitely do need more vendors.

And a small update. It is in process, but will take a while. Cutting is 7 days (luckily good rough was in stock) and then it goes to IGI for 20. Then it has to be set and posted. So I expect about 2 months of waiting. Hoping it will be worth it. Will post it as soon as I have it.

@RockFox Please let us know who the vendor was!

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Hi all

light is fading and I just received the OEC - she is glorious. Very close up shot included for now. Tiny snafu on the setting (inspiration photo of a member’s setting became a copy, which wasn’t the intent). It was probably more my fault than the vendor re clear comms on the CAD. As such I have to figure a way around that before taking more photos. May require a reset.
99ABCF9B-C5D1-46BC-9B7C-8912BB16D3A2.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RockFox that is beautiful! Please share the vendor and many more photos.

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
@RockFox Please let us know who the vendor was!
@RockFox that is beautiful! Please share the vendor and many more photos.

The vendor is Fiorese via Instagram. I am not quite comfortable posting more photos until I sort the setting as it really is too close to a copy and I wouldn’t want to offend. Again that was my bad on CAD comms not the vendor. Have bought plenty from them and have been nothing but pleased. The diamond itself is glorious.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Yippee for your diamond! Too bad on the setting… I am impatient on your behalf.

Applebutter

Rough_Rock
Update on the 10mm, 3.85 ct OEC from Ouros Jewels- here’s what she looks like now. Platinum setting with a hand engraved bezel done by David Klass (he added the rope shank to the original ring and engraved the bezel for me). It is also IGI certified as an I color, VS2 clarity.

9060A9DC-BCC7-4F7A-9A98-08C09DB88F46.jpeg E7C0C2A7-DB81-45F6-886A-7BADDF7CB8D4.jpeg E09DAC4D-2358-4452-B2F6-A2CF749B10B4.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update on the 10mm, 3.85 ct OEC from Ouros Jewels- here’s what she looks like now. Platinum setting with a hand engraved bezel done by David Klass (he added the rope shank to the original ring and engraved the bezel for me). It is also IGI certified as an I color, VS2 clarity.

9060A9DC-BCC7-4F7A-9A98-08C09DB88F46.jpeg E7C0C2A7-DB81-45F6-886A-7BADDF7CB8D4.jpeg E09DAC4D-2358-4452-B2F6-A2CF749B10B4.jpeg

Beautiful diamond, and the hand-engraving is gorgeous.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Woah, that is gorgeous. More photos! Hand shots!

Would you mind posting in the thread on specialty cut LGDs, too? Trying to keep a thread with references to LGD vendors who are doing less common cuts.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t know I missed this! I remember that stone, I almost bought it more than once. What you’ve done with it is beautiful! Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results