color
clarity

100yr Old Canadian Jewellery Chain Closing Doors

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
I know why they closed, they're terrible, sorry. I went in requesting to see a J colored diamond, this was before I was able to see a GIA certified J, but still went in to ask. The woman said, "diamonds aren't graded by colour."

THAT is why they're closing, well probably not, but that was the craziest thing I heard roaming the mall jewellery stores.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The woman said, "diamonds aren't graded by colour."
THAT is why they're closing, well probably not, but that was the craziest thing I heard roaming the mall jewellery stores.

"Canadian diamonds are graded by canadian labs. GIA is for US diamonds" :think: :think:

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
:shock: crazy right.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a Winnipegger, I'm very sad. True, they are a typical mall quality jeweler, but I have always felt that they treated people kindly no matter their budget. I bought my wedding jewelry there and was a grad student at the time so had no money, and the manager gave me a huge discount to make what I liked best work with my tiny budget. I'm sad to think of all the staff being without jobs too, as the stores here in town retained the same employees for years (which suggests to me that this was clearly a place that treated staff well in a business where turnover is typically high). Plus, as a business owner myself (in a very different field), you know how much blood, sweat, tears, and sacrifice goes in to building a business and surviving across time, and a loss like this is heartbreaking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results