shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 10 year anniversary: 2 carat emerald cut platinum solitaire

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it's nearly our 11 year anniversary now, but we got there in the end!

You lovely, generous Pricescopers were there to help me every step of the way, so it's only fair that I pay you back in the accepted currency of zillions of photos :devil:

Diamond:

Emerald cut
2.08 carat
K
VS2
59% table
67% depth
From Blue Nile UK

Handheld through the selection process by the absolutely amazing @Karl_K , who I simply can't thank enough. Also thanks to the emerald cut advisory crew including @Ibrakeforpossums @tyty333 @diamondseeker2006 @Big Fat Facets @lovedogs @Garry H (Cut Nut) who kindly lent me their expert eyes (and many more, including the non-EC crew who were just lovely and supportive) who all helped me make a final decision after flip flopping and rapid-upgrading!

Setting:

Platinum 950 solitaire
Noah James Jewellers (Manchester, UK)
Custom setting based on their "Celeste" design, modified to match my original wedding band (D shaped 2mm width, 1.9mm depth)
Cathedral setting with taper

Ring size 3.5 (previously 4.25, but I lost a load of weight by being a hospital doctor during Covid and too busy to eat - also cutting out sugar - nature's own finger lipo!). Just in case my finger size increases in future, I had it made in a 4 and they've added an almost invisible extra layer to the inside of the band which can be shaved off easily.

Here we go. Starting with some build photos - CADs, render, wax model, ring mount before setting.

CAD.JPG Render1.jpg Render3.jpg Render5.jpg
Wax model.jpg Ring mount.jpg

Then in the packaging:

IMG_20210828_155618360_HDR.jpg IMG_20210828_154923278.jpg IMG_20210828_154637867~3.jpg

Hand shots to follow....

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning! I absolutely love your set, how could I not? Classic, streamlined and soooo elegant. Congrats on your one-ring-to-rule-them-all. She looks right at home on your finger!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Congrats it looks stunning (and huge) on you!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous K you picked out! White flashes all day and all night.
Love the setting, too, it's modern yet timeless. Very happy for you!
And thank you for your work during Covid. What an awful tour it's been.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning - I love it!

A perfectly classic set - all elegance all day long.

Congratulations on this raging beauty!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I love it's size and simplicity. The setting really lets the diamond shine! Congratulations.

m1918

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous—and it looks huge on your finger!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The absolute epitome of ELEGANCE. It's like looking into a glassy pool with steps on all sides that descend into infinity. :kiss2: And I adore the effortlessness of the setting, which is somehow both sleekly delicate and solid at the same time. It's perfection.

Congrats on 10 years of marriage, and thank you for all your work battling this awful pandemic! You are a hero. 8)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elegant, classic, and refined!! Love everything about this ring. It looks perfect (and huge) on you! Congrats and enjoy!

And thank you for your work during this pandemic...I echo @KristyDarling, you are a hero. <3

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No flipping way!!! I had no idea you were upgrading, but man alive, did you upgrade in style!! And no way I that a K??!!

It looks simply amazing & perfect & huge & classic. Absolute LOVE :kiss2:

Definitely let me know when we can meet for coffee so I can ogle first hand! I'm very glad to see that you kept your original wedding ring too.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that this ring looks white, white, white!! Cannot believe it's a K!!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your anniversary and marking it so elegantly. What a stunning ring

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning! A ring fit for a covid hero!! The setting looks sleek and well made, and the prongs look perfect!

I have so many questions about the jewellers. How did you find working with James and Ashleigh? I was going to ask them to set my OEC, with an emerald but covid happened and I ended up with a second hand (Erika Winters) setting and had Selina Cambpell set it on the other side of town.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Crisp, cool, and elegant.

Delicious!

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much everyone! Pricescope is such a lovely community!

No flipping way!!! I had no idea you were upgrading, but man alive, did you upgrade in style!! And no way I that a K??!!

It looks simply amazing & perfect & huge & classic. Absolute LOVE :kiss2:

Definitely let me know when we can meet for coffee so I can ogle first hand! I'm very glad to see that you kept your original wedding ring too.

Aw thanks!! Yes - turns out I'm more sentimental than I thought - I love wearing my original wedding ring again :) Definitely coffee soon - I want to meet your gorgeous pear and fabulous collection of jewellery!

Stunning! A ring fit for a covid hero!! The setting looks sleek and well made, and the prongs look perfect!

I have so many questions about the jewellers. How did you find working with James and Ashleigh? I was going to ask them to set my OEC, with an emerald but covid happened and I ended up with a second hand (Erika Winters) setting and had Selina Cambpell set it on the other side of town.

Oh that's great you are local! I have actually bought things from Midas Jewellers (the previous company to Noah James run by James' father on King Street) going back 20 years. James made a previous bezel OEC ring for me so I knew that their quality is great and that they were reliable.

It was incredibly easy working with them. I literally just emailed Ashleigh with the GIA cert and what I wanted (Celeste with band to match my wedding ring), then we spoke on the phone once the next day and from that she drew up a CAD - which was perfect on the first shot. I paid the deposit over the phone so didn't even go in until a few days ago to drop off my diamond! (They were very accommodating about me not wanting to be without it for long so arranged for me to drop off when it was ready to be set).

It was exactly the timescale quoted (21 days from start to finish), they gave the price upfront (none of the evasiveness that put me off other jewellers), and it was all very transparent and professional. Zero fuss.

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Many congratulations on your anniversary @MillieLou, your new ring is fabulous. Well worth the wait.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock

You lovely, generous Pricescopers were there to help me every step of the way, so it's only fair that I pay you back in the accepted currency of zillions of photos :devil:

Diamond:

Emerald cut
2.08 carat
K
VS2
59% table
67% depth
From Blue Nile UK

Handheld through the selection process by the absolutely amazing @Karl_K , who I simply can't thank enough. Also thanks to the emerald cut advisory crew including @Ibrakeforpossums @tyty333 @diamondseeker2006 @Big Fat Facets @lovedogs @Garry H (Cut Nut) who kindly lent me their expert eyes (and many more, including the non-EC crew who were just lovely and supportive) who all helped me make a final decision after flip flopping and rapid-upgrading!

Setting:

Platinum 950 solitaire
Custom setting based on their "Celeste" design, modified to match my original wedding band (D shaped 2mm width, 1.9mm depth)

Ring size 3.5 (previously 4.25, but I lost a load of weight by being a hospital doctor during Covid and too busy to eat - also cutting out sugar - nature's own finger lipo!). Just in case my finger size increases in future, I had it made in a 4 and they've added an almost invisible extra layer to the inside of the band which can be shaved off easily.

Here we go. Starting with some build photos - CADs, render, wax model, ring mount before setting.

Then in the packaging:

IMG_20210828_155618360_HDR.jpg IMG_20210828_154923278.jpg IMG_20210828_154637867~3.jpg

Hand shots to follow....

So elegant and classic! It looks perfect on you! Happy Anniversary!!

HGar

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous in its simplicity.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
Happy Anniversary! It’s beautiful! Enjoy!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s really just perfect elegance. Classic and classy! Enjoy!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Diamond:

Emerald cut
2.08 carat
K
VS2
59% table
67% depth
From Blue Nile UK

Setting:

Platinum 950 solitaire

Then in the packaging:

Hand shots to follow....

Now that's a solitaire ! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Classic perfection. Love the square tapper band. Enjoy your perfect ring!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love it! Classic, and beautiful!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So elegant! It looks fabulous on you, wow!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She turned out gorgeous @MillieLou ! Cant believe she is a K (but then again I tend to like like that range).
So classic and lovely! Wear her in good health and stay safe in your profession!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply gorgeous! Congratulations and happy anniversary.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, 2 words, elegant simplicity!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results