carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 10 year anniversary: 2 carat emerald cut platinum solitaire

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary!!!

Oh my goodness it turned out PERFECT. I love a simple solitaire. Just doesn’t get better - nothing to distract from clean lines and impeccable workmanship :love: And that stone is #KillingIt!!!

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous :love: :appl: You put a ton of effort into this and it paid off in spades!! The shave layer is genius :geek:

Enjoy it in wonderful health ::)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary!!!

Oh my goodness it turned out PERFECT. I love a simple solitaire. Just doesn’t get better - nothing to distract from clean lines and impeccable workmanship :love: And that stone is #KillingIt!!!

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous :love: :appl: You put a ton of effort into this and it paid off in spades!! The shave layer is genius :geek:

What's a shave layer??

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's a shave layer??

Shave layer is my craptastic shortening of what @Mjay described here! :lol:
Just in case my finger size increases in future, I had it made in a 4 and they've added an almost invisible extra layer to the inside of the band which can be shaved off easily.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Handshots!

IMG_20210828_140131937.jpg IMG_20210828_151327328.jpg IMG_20210828_151345670.jpg IMG_20210828_151554389.jpg IMG_20210828_151618681~2.jpg

It is insanely comfortable, the claw prongs are super smooth and don't catch a thing, I've louped it to death and yep, I'm happy :appl: Finally got my One Ring to Rule Them All. Hope you enjoy the photos.

Wow, what a beautiful K! So white and crisp. Love the EC you picked out and the elegant setting. Really classy and timeless. :appl:

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Such a timeless, classy ring! Looks perfect on you

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much everyone - your lovely words mean a lot to me! :) I appreciate all your kind comments. Still can't believe I have it :appl:

Happy anniversary!!!

Shave layer is a PERFECT way to describe it! You basically can't see it but I have my own mandrel and yep, it's worked perfectly to reduce the size to 3.5! I am really fussy about rings fitting just right so this is ideal.

realhauswife

Rough_Rock
Yay! Congratulations! The ring is absolute perfection- wonderful choice wonderfully executed.

It's been fun to watch from your post a few months ago to now the finished product! So happy for you. :appl:

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It’s a beautiful, classic ring. Happy 10/11th anniversary!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Happy anniversary, thanks for your service during the pandemic, and your ring is awesome.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so, so lovely. Classic, elegant, beautiful perfection :kiss2:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and so beautifully executed in its classic and sleek setting!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Wear it in good health.

Searchingforering

Rough_Rock
Absolutely beautiful! The ring looks lovely on your hand. It is the perfect combination of bling, grace, beautiful. And the the perfect size for daily wear imo.

Question: do you get comments on your ring at work? I previously wore a 1 ct RB and got infrequent comments about how blingy my ring was during med school and residency.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful! The ring looks lovely on your hand. It is the perfect combination of bling, grace, beautiful. And the the perfect size for daily wear imo.

Question: do you get comments on your ring at work? I previously wore a 1 ct RB and got infrequent comments about how blingy my ring was during med school and residency.

Thank you! I don't wear it on the wards if I'm having direct patient contact. I definitely wouldn't want to be putting gloves on and off with it on, plus it would be against our hospital policy. I wear it in non-clinical areas, or clinics when I know there won't be any physical examination. My specialty and grade means there's plenty of opportunity for this, otherwise I'd leave it at home.

No-one's said anything apart from a couple of compliments from a co-worker I share an office with, and a patient on a home visit. But I get the feeling that comments or even noticing bling are less of a thing in the UK - I read on here about people being deluged with admiring comments every day in shops and in public, that doesn't happen here :lol:

dmack

Shiny_Rock
Even if you hadn’t said they were comfortable, you can tell. The shanks look like butter, oh man. Congrats on your new set!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
@MillieLou I can’t believe I missed all of this! I love your ring, and it perfectly suits your band and the diamond. The setting so elegantly ties all the details together: the perfect alignment of the basket to the cathedral, the slight indent where the shank continues up and connects to the head, and the satisfaction of the perfect curve on the prongs making them feel like they weave through the gap between shank and the cathedral sides, just so. All of it, plus that marvelous, magic stone. :appl:

It’s glorious and a great way to mark your 10th anniversary. Congratulations, and I hope you enjoy it in good health!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry I missed this, too! It’s very beautiful! I truly love excellent emerald cuts like yours!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, this is stunning! I don't know how I missed this either. I hope you are enjoying this beauty every day!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Revisiting this post, your ring is sublime. ksluice said it perfectly.
I have a much smaller 1.07 K EC that I just love and wear all the time. I think they're durable as well as beautiful. Wishing you many years of joy with this fabulous ring.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, sleek setting :)

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! I'm loving these emerald cut solitaires i'm seeing, you must love wearing this

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results