carat
color
clarity

1.77 ct pinkish red Mahenge spinel

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lori!!

BTW, the sun came out this morning AND I found my camera.

Sorry for the poor shots, it's hard to focus when standing outside with a tiny gem you're afraid will fall, while holding a camera. Two photos in direct morning sun, and one in indirect sun. The color is nicer than my shots, but at least you can see the crystalline appearance of this gem, and hopefully the facet shadows. It's very clean and very very sparkley, which I can't really capture in a still shot. That feather on top of the gem in the bottom two photos is just dust.

TLredspineltrillion1.JPG

TLredspineltrillion5.JPG

TLredspineltrillion4.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another in sunlight.

TLredspineltrillion7.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the extra photos - I could stare at that luscious color all day!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The shaded outdoor picture really shows the luscious redness and glow of your Mahenge.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Cell, Chrono,
Here's another bad photo of my two new spinels in a box. The oval is 4 carats and obviously much larger. It looks darker in the box, and much better out of the box! Can't wait to set that one too!!

TLtwospinelsinbox.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a more red photo. Natural light.

TLredspineltrillion8.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! I've been out sick, but I'll bet you know my response.........

MAHENGE ****!!!! :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Uppy,
Unfortunately these photos stink, and cannot capture the saturation and color of this gem well. It's much better IRL. I figure when I get it set, the photos will be easier for me to take.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
TL- the color is magnificent, so rich! how do you plan on setting it?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Fortekitty,
I ordered a setting with a delicate split shank and had it modified for a trillion. It was originally a pear shaped setting. It's from lanbo4, who made me thrilled with their micropave work the last time I ordered a setting from them for a pink spinel pear I own. The setting is two tone and very ornate. I'm really looking forward to getting it and I hope lanbo gets the customizations done correctly. It will essentially look like this beautiful setting I saw advertised on another site (with a ruby) except that the shank is not as split on the one I'm getting. It will have a curved split shank. It was so hard to find a decent trillion setting, most are pretty ugly as everyone said. :(( The gallery on the lanbo ring is ornate as well.

rubyringtrillionmicropave.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results