shape
carat
color
clarity

1.77 ct pinkish red Mahenge spinel

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is another drool worthy gem from Tan that was sitting around forever in his listings. It's very clean, great color, well cut, and I think it stood there because people just don't like trillions for some reason. I have been drooling at it for eons, so I finally hit the BIN button, and here it is. These are the vendor video stills. It's 7.3 x 7.3mm. The video stills are spot on for color I think.

The UV fluor is great and the color is the most red out of all the Mahenges I own.

TLmahengespineltrillionvideo.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My fuzzy shot, and this is how it looks in a very dim room on a cloudy overcast day with the blinds closed.

TLhothotspinel.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On my hand again in a dim room on a cloudy day with a little natural light coming through the window.

TLMahengetrillion2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One from a bit further away since I can't get anything but fuzzy shots. I wish the sun would come out since this stone has great fluor. I will try to take some more when the sun decides to make an appearance.

TLmahengespineltrillion3.JPG

iLander

Ideal_Rock
WOW! :appl: :appl:

This is a really beauty, TL! I love the red to pink tones. Gorgeous! :appl:

I agree, trillions are unappreciated.

That beauty shows a lot of glow, even in lower light. :love:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous stone,
as usual I am pink with envy!
I dont think that people don't like trillions, just that it's hard to find a setting for them. Also some folks would rather avoid the pink triangle symbolism, not that there's anything wrong with that.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
:love: Awesome color on that baby! :appl:

purplemelody

Rough_Rock
What a glowy beauty!!!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
What an absolutely fantastic color! And the shot on the back of your fingers.....sigh. It's an almost perfect maraschino cherry red. :love: :love: :love:

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the color! :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1290120092|2771987 said:
gorgeous stone,

I dont think that people don't like trillions, just that it's hard to find a setting for them.

This.

But TL, you're more seasoned and braver than the rest of us...

Oh, and I'm officially envious, even if it is a trillion :Up_to_something:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the trillion shape and that sure is a pretty color, congrats :appl:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I was eyeing it, and I love trillions, I think that I just had several spinels for the moment, but I am glad for you - it is a great catch, and it glows, and I think Tan's spinels are fabulous!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Nice choice, and a great looking stone. :appl:

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
TL, I'm in love with this color! I'd forsake all other greens and blues if I could fill my gem box with stones like this!

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very nice! I love the color!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
wow it's awesomely nuclear! :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander, Thanks!! It's quite saturated if it can show this much color in such poor lighting conditions.
Vapid, Thanks!! WOW, the pink triangle symbolism did not come to my mind at all.
Brandy, Thanks!
Purple Melody, Thanks!
Aoife, Thanks! It's pretty red for a Mahenge, especially for one under the two carat mark. I consider this a very fortunate purchase because although I did spend more on it, I still think it was a bargain for the color, cutting and clarity. That's why I continue to hunt good values on Tan's site.
Burberrygirl, Thanks!
Minousbijoux, Thanks! I'm actually not that brave, that's why I hate spending too much on each gem I buy. This one was a bit more, so I was a bit anxious that it would turn out nice, and get to my doorstep safely!!
Diamondringlover, Thanks!
Crasru, Thanks! I think you and I have the same taste and we often eye the same exact gems. ;))
Largosmom, Thanks!
Cellentani, Thanks!! Still not ready to give up greens and blues yet though!
RH, Thanks!
Treebean, Thanks! It's not radioactive, I hope!! :lol:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful. :love:

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous gorgeous colour! :love: :love: :love:
Did you manage to communicate well with Tan? I find it increasingly difficult to get responses from him (for reasons I do know, though it is nevertheless very frustrating..).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the pink triangle symbolism?

TL,
It looks to be a lovely stone, considering that’s poor indoor lighting. I’m looking forward to see an explosion of red goodness when the sun comes up today. It’s not that I dislike trillions either, it’s that getting a non custom setting is a huge challenge – they are very limited and incredibly unattractive. I think you paid an awesome price for something this gorgeous. :appl:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful, as always! Love the colour, and can't wait to see some sunlight pics!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooo it's lovely! I like that it's a red/pink as well. Can't wait to see the fluor shots. Have you ever tried photographing the fluor with a UV light??? Mahenges look amazing like that!

It's funny to hear your story about this one because I have a particular stone that is going around and around and around Tan's website and I seriously can't get it out of my head (she says singing Kylie Minogue). Maybe I should pull the trigger as well! I don't take a lot of enabling do I? :loopy:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1290172114|2772736 said:
What is the pink triangle symbolism?

TL,
It looks to be a lovely stone, considering that’s poor indoor lighting. I’m looking forward to see an explosion of red goodness when the sun comes up today. It’s not that I dislike trillions either, it’s that getting a non custom setting is a huge challenge – they are very limited and incredibly unattractive. I think you paid an awesome price for something this gorgeous. :appl:

Thanks Chrono, I'm so glad you approve considering you have one the most beautiful and huge Mahenges there is!!

The pink triangle symbolism has a very dark history. It was how the Nazis labeled homosexuals in concentration camps during WWII. Very very sad.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you LitlF and Lovinggems!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaurenThePartier|1290194906|2773172 said:
It's beautiful, as always! Love the colour, and can't wait to see some sunlight pics!

Thanks LTP, but now I can't find my camera!! Oh no!!!!!!!

It was so beautiful this morning, and I wanted to take five million photos, but the camera was no where to be found! :(

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
virgoruby|1290157317|2772657 said:
Gorgeous gorgeous colour! :love: :love: :love:
Did you manage to communicate well with Tan? I find it increasingly difficult to get responses from him (for reasons I do know, though it is nevertheless very frustrating..).

Thank you Vigor,
Yes, Tan has been more difficult to get a hold of lately. His email turn around seems to be about a week, so keep trying. His gems are worth it, although I know, it can be frustrating. I hope he gets more help.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds|1290196769|2773226 said:
Oooooo it's lovely! I like that it's a red/pink as well. Can't wait to see the fluor shots. Have you ever tried photographing the fluor with a UV light??? Mahenges look amazing like that!

It's funny to hear your story about this one because I have a particular stone that is going around and around and around Tan's website and I seriously can't get it out of my head (she says singing Kylie Minogue). Maybe I should pull the trigger as well! I don't take a lot of enabling do I? :loopy:

Thanks LD!!
Oh I have many gems I keep coming back to on Tan's site, this was one of them. I know how you feel!

My fluro photos stink, but I did shine a UV light on it, and it fluored to the moon. That was reassuring. :)

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Pink eye candy...love it!!!

Lori

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results