shape
carat
color
clarity

1.65 Rd F SI2 - Sarin and GIA Cert attached - Pls Help...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chicago77

Rough_Rock
This is the stone I''m currently looking at. The cost is $10,800.

Sarin:
Weight: 1.652 Ct.
Diameter 7.64 (7.62-7.67) [0.7%]
Total Depth %60.5 4.62mm
Crown Angle '' 34.4 (34.1-34.7) 0
Crown Height % 14.7 (14.5 - 14.8)
Pavil Angle '' 40.9 (40.7-41.0)
Pavil Depth % 42.5 (42.4-42.7) 0
Culet % 0.6 V.Small 0
Table Size % 57.4 (57.1-57.8) 0
Girlde Thickness 1.6% (1.4-1.8) 0 Medium
Proportions 0

The cut numbers look great to my untrained eye. The stone is SI2, but they say it''s eye clean. IF the attached cert comes through, you can see the feather on the table, and I''m told it''s only visible if you look hard with a loupe. I''m working with Icestore.com so if anyone has any thoughts on them, please do share. The same stone is just over $12k on diamonds.com, if that means anything. I would greatly appreciate your expert opinions! Thanks a ton for all you guys have already contributed!

F SI2 1.65.jpg

Magnum

Shiny_Rock
Unfortunately, I don't know too much about www.icestore.com, so hopefully someone else can help you there. If it truely is an eye-clean SI-2, it looks like a pretty good price. If possible, i'd ask for magnified pictures of the inclusions to give you a better idea of how visible they are. The numbers also suggest that the stone has potential to be a really good performer. If possible, I'd ask the vendor for some amplifying information on the cut of the stone, like maybe an idealscope picture, H&A pictures (if it's being sold as one), brilliancscope results, and ISEE2 results, if he has access to any of that equipment. Even if he doesn't, it's not too big a deal in my opinion, since it's probably a good idea to ask him to send the stone to a trusted independent appraiser in your area, either way. That way you and the appraiser can determine if the stone truly is eye-clean to your tolerances, and you can also get a better idea of the cut and how well the stone performs and looks to your eyes. Best of luck.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
From the info provided it looks like a very well cut stone.
If it is truely eyeclean you can save a lot of cash with an si2.
Check their return policy it is worth a inperson look in my opinion.
Or see if they will send it to PGS for you to look over there and have it appraised at the same time.
They should be willing to send it there with you paying only shipping and the appraisal fee until you accept the diamond.
Hit the appraisers link above then IL for PGS's address Im assuming from your nick that your in the chicago area....

Chicago77

Rough_Rock
Thanks for those posts, they really help. Their return policy is 30 days, full refund less shipping/insurance charges. I'll see about getting pictures sent from the jeweler. I have a couple more questions. Does it mean anything that the cert. is 2 years old? I've heard some say a stone with a 2 year old cert. has likely been passed over a number of times for some reason. Also, can anyone tell anything by the markings GIA has noted on the drawing of the stone? It looks like there's really only that one feather that is "supposedly" eye clean. Last, does anyone know a good site to see settings with 5 total diamonds? Thanks for the continued help!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are a lot of diamonds on the market lately with certs that are a couple years old.
I wouldnt worry about it.
If it was 3 or 4 years old then Id worry about it.

A gia cert or any other wont tell you if a stone is eyeclean when it comes to si2 stones.
The feather could be very white and not visible or it could be dark and visible and there is no way of telling from the cert.

The only way to tell is to have the vendor check it out then see for yourself.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
As far as the setting goes what shape sidestones are you looking for?
It is sometimes a good idea to get the setting from the same source as the diamond so it would be a good idea to check out the vendors website and see what they have.

Chicago77

Rough_Rock
I'll post the setting I'm looking for in a sec as I have it at work. It has 2 sidestones on either side. With .25 Ct. and .15 Ct. round sidestones, the vendor quoted me $2400, which doesn't seem outrageous b/c he has to custom make it. I'm thinking I might like to see some other settings, but am having a hard time online finding nice 5 stone ring settings that are reasonably priced.

Chicago77

Rough_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/can-anyone-help-with-the-attached-setting-t17826.html

This is the setting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results