shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 1.64 OEC ring

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Bought this ring impulsively on eBay, and half w/ my heart... luckily it turned out good. Ari from Singlestone verified the stats for me, and said i did very well!! Price was pretty good. So i'm happy! Finally took some pics, but like all my other pics... they suck. Diamond is eye clean and almost loupe clean... all spots are probably my mangy fingerprints.

1.64 OEC
K, VS1

Its little friend is a garnet ring, also from ebay. I bought it for the setting, but it's so pretty i'm going to keep the whole thing as is!
Very heavy and solid setting, in 14k white gold. The bags on the sides are very clean too! Price was amazing as well.. $175. :bigsmile:

IMG_3521.JPG

IMG_3477.JPG

IMG_3481.JPG

IMG_3484.JPG

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
it came in the cutest ring box i've ever seen

IMG_3495.JPG

IMG_3499.JPG

IMG_3520.JPG

IMG_3532.JPG

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow two great finds! :appl: Nice work!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
more pics...

IMG_3536.JPG

IMG_3528.JPG

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! It looks like it was made for you! Stunning!

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Gosh, ForteKitty! Where do you find all these deals?!!? :shock:
The rings are absolutely TDF!! :love:

Congratulations on such a great buy (or should I say 'buys'?) :appl: :appl: :appl:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Amazing ring! What a find!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just beautiful! What a great find!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow!! Great find :) I am jealous of everyone who finds great deals!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous find!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and looks perfect on you. I'm so wanting an OEC!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow. It's like a kaleidoscope. Yum! Great finds.

PS so jealous of your lovely hands.
Sincerely, sausage fingers.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Man, what a find! I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous! It looks perfect on your hand! Congrats!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Wow great fine!!!! I love the OEC. Do you mind sharing the seller?

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Awesome score. The diamond is beautiful and looks great on your hand. I love the other ring as well.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Simply divine! Wow! Congratulations! :love: :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, is that gorgeous!!!! I love love love your (it looks like Rhodolite) garnet ring! Beautiful color, boy would I love to own
that! I have a couple of rhodolite rings but would LOVE one with diamonds! The OEC is perfect too. What a awesome find in both!
Congratulations!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, gorgeous, goregous!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I love the OEC!!!! :love: Terrific buy on the garnet ring, too!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!! I love this diamond so much, i bought a smaller one for a pendant 2 days after this one arrived... :oops: That one should be here in a few days. It's amazing how white oecs look. I know it's a K because i can see the color from the side, but from the top or even when it's tilted, it looks so white! I asked Ari why that is, and he said he thinks it's the way our eyes process light/color. Bigger chunks of brilliance may register as brighter/lighter... but who knows. No more modern rbs for this girl!!

Sarahbear- this is the ebay listing. He originally had it listed at $5500 but i talked it down to $4k. http://www.ebay.com/itm/140596598607?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

T

talamasca

:love: :love: :love: both are gorgeous. I love the detailing on the diamond ring :D

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Man, than OEC is absolutely killer! There's been a lot of discussion lately on what makes a superb OEC. Folks, see above.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! What an amazing diamond!! I love your new ring! Those chunky facets are to die for!!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome deal!!! Beautiful stone!!! :love:

Enjoy!

Cachette :))

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow. Gorgeous. (I'm so envious of the ebay savvy!)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE 'em both!!! :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning OEC! Nice score!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fortekitty, that ring is really gorgeous, what an amazing find!!! It truly looks perfect on you, and, I won't lie, I'm a teensy bit jealous! I love the garnet ring too, my goodness, what a lovely ring and at such a crazy low price. Enjoy your new pieces, I love them both!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my jaw hit the floor when i saw your pics!!! wow, what a find! the faceting just looks TDF!!! add me to the list of envies... i cannot believe the deal you got too. :appl: the garnet is beautiful too, how awesome that you ended up liking it as-is!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!! :bigsmile:

Ari recommend that i reset the diamond since there's a slight gap under 1/3 of the diamond, and there's nothing on the bottom to hold it. (you can see it in a few pics) What do you think of tiny french cuts and claw prongs? I wear a 3.25, so while i absolutely adore Victor Canera's french cut rings (like LGK's beauty), it might be too much for me. Maybe just smaller french cuts and a slight taper out like his usual style, but on a skinnier scale?

Its current setting isn't going anywhere tho, i love it so a gem will take the diamond's place. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results