shape
carat
color
clarity

1.51 K SI1 GIA OEC in 14k bangle w/22k wash!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
David Klass just sent me this video and said the bangle will ship Monday! I'm so excited and the time is already passing way too slowly lol! This bangle has been in the works for a long time as I purchased this stone almost 2 years ago. The oec is a little wonky ( approx 7.5x7.3mm) but David really made it look so round in the bangle. This diamond is actually incredibly white and looks at least 1 shade whiter than my other white facing GIA K oecs, I still can't figure how it is a K, but it is...The first link is David's video of the finished bangle, but it doesn't show the beauty of the stone so I included a video link of the stone when it was loose on my wrist when I was trying to "envision" how it would look as a bangle.

The bangle weighs 7.1 grams and is 14k YG with 22k satin finish. I asked him to make the profile low because my last bangle with a larger stone seemed to get knocked on everything. I also chose 14k over 18k because of the durability. I had been thinking about 18k satin finish but decided I wanted the gold to be as hard as possible to withstand the beating it will probably get between dishes and me playing sports with my little guys.

Last edited:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so beautiful! I can't wait to see wrist pics!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooo totally love this!!! Can't wait to see more pics when you get it!!! I may need something similar in my future....:love::twisted:

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
That OEC is stunning! Can't wait to see your bangle!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh that's fantastic! Looking forward to wrist shots

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!:love:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cant wait to see wrist shots, its a beauty!! Congrats!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies! I can't wait! I will definitely post wrist shots when I get it :)

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
gorgeous...can't wait to see more pics!!!

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
This is soooo my style, lucky girl!!! :love:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this on Instagram and I said to myself "I hope the owner is a pricescoper!" it's really so beautiful.. I love bangles and yours is awesomely beautiful.. congratulations!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That should be a stunning piece of jewelry! Can't wait to see it on your wrist!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhh!! I saw this on his IG -- GORGEOUS!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous! Can't wait for wrist shots!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies!! I'm so excited...the week is passing way too slowly!!! I should get it Tues or Wed, I think I've watched the video like 50 times, maybe 100 if I'm honest...trying to be patient. Ahhhhhh. I plan on wearing it on my right hand with my rhr (my avatar) and a yg band to tie the bangle in. I'm already thinking of bezel stud earrings with a satin finish to match....and then of course a necklace and here we go again on the hamster wheel when I'm really supposed to be working on my "LAST" project (Casablanca earrings with CvB) :love:

Last edited:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just for fun, this was my inspiration. It is fabulous. If I remember correctly I think it holds a 1.81-1.83 antique cushion and belongs to fortekitty (she has fabulous taste), I saw this post a while back and I about fell over. She says it is 14k with 22k wash. Here is the link if you want to see:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-ps-2015-forecast.207510/page-2#post-3778213

I found these pics on JbG's Fb page... The only thing i changed was that I wanted the profile of the bezel to be just a little lower so that I was less likely to knock it on things.

One note is that I had originally asked David to set the stone in the bangle just like I have it sitting on my wrist in the last pic..with longest side E-W bc it gives it a little bit of a cushiony look and I like that look. I noticed in the video that the stone is actually set with longest side facing N-S, which I think helps it look more round...so I'm interested to see if the way he set it looks better than my original idea, or if I may want to change it...I think it looks great in the video though and I may prefer it the way that he did it. My guess is that he set it that way because it made the stone look more balanced bangle bunch.jpg bangle close.jpg bangle close up.jpg bange profile.jpg 1.71 cushion bangle.jpg JbG stack.jpg bangle envisioning.jpg

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
OMG your bracelets are divine!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the chain bracelet as it is so dainty looking. All your bracelets as gorgeous! Thank you for posting the pictures Goldenfire.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All the bracelets are not actually mine (I wish!!!) i just downloaded the pics from JbGs facebook page to help me decide what i wanted to do with my 1.51 oec. The stunning 1.81 14k w 22k wash cushion bangle was my inspiration :), it is the largest one in the pics... & the last photo is actually of my 1.51 diamond loose on my wrist, but I wrapped a chain around it to help picture what it would look like in a bangle...

Someday I hope to have a stack like these amazing pics from Grace's fb page. I am always stalking her site to see if any new bangles have popped up. I have owned one of her bangles, a .73ct cushion bangle, and it was gorgeous.

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! So lush and yummy. Makes you drool. Can't wait to see it on your arm.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful and I look forward to wrist pictures!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love, love, love the yellow gold satin finish! And that stone is amazing!!! Wrist shots when you get it!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's here and I LOVE it!!!!! David did a beautiful job. I adore the low profile! I have to run out the door but snapped some quick pics that are not so great, my black phone is reflecting in the diamond. I'll get better ones later. I can't believe how comfortable it is. For some reason my other bangles were not this comfortable. I may have DK put a thicker 22k wash on it...I noticed the bottom of the stems have a thicker yellower wash to them and I may like that color a little more...maybe..but it really is gorgeous as is and David actually did set the diamond exactly as I asked him to with longest side E-W. I just couldn't tell in the video. the bezel thickness and thickness of the stems are a little thinner than I had imagined, BUT I actually think I may like how the proportions make the diamond really take center stange. The stems and bezel are the same size as my other bangle from JbG (with diamonds under or around 1ct) but I was expecting this one to have thicker gold bc the diamond is larger ...all in all, I'm thrilled with it and pretty sure I will keep it as is. If you look at the pics of fortekitty's bangle, you can se how the bezel and stems are thicker and I was anticipating something more like that. But I think I may really like these proportions and the more delicate look is growing on me. The thinner bezel makes the diamond really take center stage..I'd love opinions on this! The pics really don't do justice. I will get better ones later :) bangle 2.jpg bangle1.jpg

Last edited:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
This is fabulous!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Any opinions on whether I should have the gold in the bezel and stems made thicker like the pic of fortekitty's bangle? That's the look I was going for...but the delicate look of thinner bezel and the thinner stems is actually growing on me and it is soooo comfortable, I think the comfort might have to do with the gold not being so thick. I love the way the diamond looks like it is almost floating in air...but at the same time I do love the look of thicker gold, just not sure what to do. I wish I could see both versions side by side bc I'd hate to have David redo this bangle and then have me decide i liked the first version better....

The first 2 pics below are my bangle and the 2cnd 2 are fortekitty's

bangle close up 1.jpg bangle close up2.jpg bangle close.jpg 1.71 cushion bangle.jpg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's pretty close because both are glorious but I think I prefer the second one, Fortekitty's by a smidgen
But the bezel on yours looks perfect - very thin and elegant so I'm not sure.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, your RHR, is that the ring In your avatar? What size stone is it?

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My RHR is the ring in my avatar, it is 1.7cts and is 7.7mmx7.53mm or something like that. I can't remember exactly what the cert says :) but those numbers are really close. The setting that David made for it makes it look 100% round though. It's amazing how a setting can make these oec's look so proportional.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOVE your bracelet! I've been pondering a daily wear bracelet for ages (sadly it will be a long way off, but I do love daydreaming and planning!) and this is absolutely perfect. I love how it showcases the diamond in such a sleek, understated way. And the size looks great!

To answer your question, both yours and fortekitty's look amazing. Side by side I think I also slightly prefer the thicker bezel, but that's only looking at photos of both so close together. Your's is stunning as is too and it's a very minor difference. What's the girdle on you stone like - would a slightly thicker bezel protect it more? I'm fairly clumsy and would worry about knocking my wrist!

Out of interest, how easy it that style to get on and off? Is there some give in the 2 ends (so they stretch apart) or do you slide on over your hand? I'd been wondering how I'd size something that style correctly if it was a long-distance order.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results