shape
carat
color
clarity

1.51 K SI1 GIA OEC in 14k bangle w/22k wash!

P

PierreBear

Thank you! DK actually had me cut a string that was the exact size of my wrist (I used dental floss that wasn't stretchy) and then mailed it and he nailed the size. although I had to slightly alter the shape and make it more oval after I got it but the size of the stems was perfect and molded to my wrist to where it is like a second skin now.

Thank you for sharing! Very creative of both DK and yourself! Was it hard to alter the shape? I guess you can still bend it a bit even though it is 14K? Still loving your look!!! Hope you enjoy for many years to come.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finished piece pics are on this page a little farther up/back :) I actually kept everything the same...the size and proportions grew on me ;-)
Here is a video in case you don't want to scroll:

I love the way this turned out :kiss2: do you by any chance remember or know how thick your stems are? I'm having an antique brooch converted by DK. He said 2mm but that seems too thin to me so I'm trying to decide between 2.5 or 3mm. Thanks!!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the way this turned out :kiss2: do you by any chance remember or know how thick your stems are? I'm having an antique brooch converted by DK. He said 2mm but that seems too thin to me so I'm trying to decide between 2.5 or 3mm. Thanks!!
I'll measure tomorrow for you. I have had 2 other bangels (one by Grace and one made by David) and they were thicker than this one. this one is a bit more delicate. the difference is subtle but I definitely notice it. I like the way that thinner and thicker look. I actually think 2mm might be about what this one is and the others were probably about 2.25mm, maybe 2.5...I know I took measurements at some point of my other bangles...I'll see if I can find those pics too. 3mm would definitely be on the thicker side but would look great as well especially with a larger stone.

I just found this pic that I had used for reference when I made mine. As you can see, Grace's bangles vary in stem width and they really all look great. Just depends on your preference but I don't think you can go wrong. My current one is more similar in size to the smaller 22k yg wash bangle in this pic, only mine looks a tad daintier because the stone is larger. ForteKitty's larger 1.8ct bangle is thicker and looks awesome

FB_IMG_1469829948608 (3).jpg

Last edited:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing! Very creative of both DK and yourself! Was it hard to alter the shape? I guess you can still bend it a bit even though it is 14K? Still loving your look!!! Hope you enjoy for many years to come.
I just very gently kinda squeezed it and because it is a tad thinner than my other bangles, it only took a few tries of gently moving it, and it has pretty much been perfect ever since

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll measure tomorrow for you. I have had 2 other bangels (one by Grace and one made by David) and they were thicker than this one. this one is a bit more delicate. the difference is subtle but I definitely notice it. I like the way that thinner and thicker look. I actually think 2mm might be about what this one is and the others were probably about 2.25mm, maybe 2.5...I know I took measurements at some point of my other bangles...I'll see if I can find those pics too. 3mm would definitely be on the thicker side but would look great as well especially with a larger stone.

I just found this pic that I had used for reference when I made mine. As you can see, Grace's bangles vary in stem width and they really all look great. Just depends on your preference but I don't think you can go wrong. My current one is more similar in size to the smaller 22k yg wash bangle in this pic, only mine looks a tad daintier because the stone is larger. ForteKitty's larger 1.8ct bangle is thicker and looks awesome

FB_IMG_1469829948608 (3).jpg

That would be great, thank you so much!! 2mm just seems super dainty to me and while I'm not big by any means, I don't usually gravitate towards dainty and prefer a little heft or thickness.

This is the brooch I'm having converted...David feels 2.5 would still look nice but thinks 3mm would be too thick. It's hard for me to envision what would be best but since DK is the expert, I'll listen!
IMG_9851.JPG
IMG_9858.JPG

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love this bangle. I didn't realize this was a thread from a few mths back. The thinner stems look fabulous on your wrist. :love:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That would be great, thank you so much!! 2mm just seems super dainty to me and while I'm not big by any means, I don't usually gravitate towards dainty and prefer a little heft or thickness.

This is the brooch I'm having converted...David feels 2.5 would still look nice but thinks 3mm would be too thick. It's hard for me to envision what would be best but since DK is the expert, I'll listen!
IMG_9851.JPG
IMG_9858.JPG

This is going to be gorgeous!! I definitely think 2mm would be too dainty for that much substance in the brooche...I think 2.5mm would look great though and I might agree with David that 3mm might be a bit too bulky....BUT I could be totally wrong.

Are you doing just one stem like the standard bangles that Grace offers or are you doing one like this, with like a split shank?:
(these are the threads for the attached pic)
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/every-wrist-deserves-some-sparkle.210521/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-new-2015-bracelet-thread.207773/page-4
https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/art-deco-brooch-bangle-conversion

split shank.jpg

Last edited:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I just checked my stem width and they look right about exactly 2mm wide

Last edited:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to be gorgeous!! I definitely think 2mm would be too dainty for that much substance in the brooche...I think 2.5mm would look great though and I might agree with David that 3mm might be a bit too bulky....BUT I could be totally wrong.

Are you doing just one stem like the standard bangles that Grace offers or are you doing one like this, with like a split shank?:
(these are the threads for the attached pic)
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/every-wrist-deserves-some-sparkle.210521/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-new-2015-bracelet-thread.207773/page-4
https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/art-deco-brooch-bangle-conversion

split shank.jpg
I just checked my stem width and they look right about exactly 2mm wide

Thank you so much!!! I'm just doing one stem. My brooch doesn't look as wide as ROLs and Armywife's so I didn't want to overpower it with the split shank. Appreciate you confirming your stem width! I think David's recommendation of 2.5 seems spot on. :mrgreen2: Now I'm getting super excited to get it!!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much!!! I'm just doing one stem. My brooch doesn't look as wide as ROLs and Armywife's so I didn't want to overpower it with the split shank. Appreciate you confirming your stem width! I think David's recommendation of 2.5 seems spot on. :mrgreen2: Now I'm getting super excited to get it!!

I hope you post a thread about it when you get it!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results