shape
carat
color
clarity

1.51 K SI1 GIA OEC in 14k bangle w/22k wash!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My RHR is the ring in my avatar, it is 1.7cts and is 7.7mmx7.53mm or something like that. I can't remember exactly what the cert says :) but those numbers are really close. The setting that David made for it makes it look 100% round though. It's amazing how a setting can make these oec's look so proportional.
It's a lovely setting - I was so struck by how golden it looks in your avatar and how white in the picture with your gorgeous bracelet!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's a lovely setting - I was so struck by how golden it looks in your avatar and how white in the picture with your gorgeous bracelet!
Thank you :) a PS friend actually designed it with David Klass, and then when she upgraded, I was lucky enough to take it off her hands. She took the avatar pic, it's such a good shot and I agree it does look golden. It's platinum though IRL so is really white :)

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOVE your bracelet! I've been pondering a daily wear bracelet for ages (sadly it will be a long way off, but I do love daydreaming and planning!) and this is absolutely perfect. I love how it showcases the diamond in such a sleek, understated way. And the size looks great!

To answer your question, both yours and fortekitty's look amazing. Side by side I think I also slightly prefer the thicker bezel, but that's only looking at photos of both so close together. Your's is stunning as is too and it's a very minor difference. What's the girdle on you stone like - would a slightly thicker bezel protect it more? I'm fairly clumsy and would worry about knocking my wrist!

Out of interest, how easy it that style to get on and off? Is there some give in the 2 ends (so they stretch apart) or do you slide on over your hand? I'd been wondering how I'd size something that style correctly if it was a long-distance order.
Thanks for the input everyone!!!....to answer your questions lissyflo......I think the slightly thicker girdle might protect it a tiny bit more, but the gold is pretty solid even though the current bezel is so thin so I think it is pretty safe. I do think I prefer the slightly thicker gold still and these opinions are helping me. I'll take a video of the bangle and the opening on the bottom so you can see how it comes on and off and how easy/hard it is to take on and off. There is some give in the ends and I have noticed in my thicker bangles (that I don't own any longer) that they don't "give" as much and are not as flexible. This one is really comfortable and I think it may have to do with it being a tad thinner

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
omg seriously :love::love::love:
I love the gold finish.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had the chance to snap some pics and video today... here are a few, there aren't any dark spots in the diamond, it's just the phone...The gold looks kind of an odd color in the photos. I do think I want to have DK make it a bit more yellow, but it's definitely more yellow than the photos look
:)

DK bangle wrist and hand shot.jpg
DK bangle close.jpg
DK bangle arm shot.jpg
DK bangle4.jpg
DK bangle bright white.jpg

DK bangle profile.jpg

Last edited:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh this is so beautiful. I love the video. Wow- just beautiful!!!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gosh this is so beautiful. I love the video. Wow- just beautiful!!!

Thanks so much Apacherose! I adore it and wear it daily. It's so fun to have a big glowy diamond in yellow gold on my wrist, the gold is so lux in satin finish but yet somehow the satin finish and low profile and fine bezel also makes it to where it goes with everything I wear and never looks too dressy or out of place even if I am only wearing white gold or platinum elsewhere. David did a great job. This is also part of the reason why I want yg bezel earrings...because this would look amazing with some other yg items and I adore the look of rich yellow gold, 18k is my fave , but the 14k with this 22k wash is gorgeous too and another great but very similar look. I have CvB's gorgeous astrid necklace with a 6mm stone in it and I need some yg bezel earrings and I'll be set :) I chose 14k for the bangle bc I have kids and do tons of dishes and I just felt I needed harder metal... and given that I whack it on granite counters and dishes daily, I'm glad I did lol.

Last edited:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much Apacherose! I adore it and wear it daily. It's so fun to have a big glowy diamond in yellow gold on my wrist, the gold is so lux in satin finish but yet somehow the satin finish and low profile and fine bezel also makes it to where it goes with everything I wear and never looks too dressy or out of place even if I am only wearing white gold or platinum elsewhere. David did a great job. This is also part of the reason why I want yg bezel earrings...because this would look amazing with some other yg items and I adore the look of rich yellow gold, 18k is my fave , but the 14k with this 22k wash is gorgeous too and another great but very similar look. I have CvB's gorgeous astrid necklace with a 6mm stone in it and I need some yg bezel earrings and I'll be set :) I chose 14k for the bangle bc I have kids and do tons of dishes and I just felt I needed harder metal... and given that I whack it on granite counters and dishes daily, I'm glad I did lol.

Wow- you have an amazing jewelry suite!

Totally makes sense about the 14k- the first thing I thought when i saw your bangle was how gorgeous and also nice for the wearer as you really get the pleasure of viewing the diamond you are wearing much like a ring- my next thought was ‘whelp, laura you could never get one of those you’d ruin it in a hot minute’ :rolleyes:

I have several pieces of Yg as my husband bought it whilst stationed in the Middle East. I love it but it is not the best for my skin. I am obsessed with ms blops yg earring studs. I wonder if I could design some jackets for my studs to mimic the outline of her cushion bezels.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
lol just watched the video again. Totally beautiful on your elegant wrist! Love your entire right hand/wrist ensemble.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
lol just watched the video again. Totally beautiful on your elegant wrist! Love your entire right hand/wrist ensemble.

Thank you so much! I recently broke the rhr band lol. I got both the rhr and the Simon G band from a PS friend who has similar taste. So fun to play musical chairs with our jewels. What is funny is I actually went to LA to David's shop to scope out the diamond and ring for her and fell in love with it and wished it were mine lol. Then lucky me, she decided to sell and move on to her dream Emerald cut lol.. I am sending the band in to David Klass this week for repair, I miss the yg look on my finger! Do you have a link for these yg earrings you are talking about? I'd love to see them. I have toyed with the idea of setting my dangle oec earrings into yg bezels...but I can't bring myself to take them out of their magnificent settings. They are just so nice and white and at 6.2mm would be the perfect size... But then I might want to put them back into the beautiful original settings (bc I'd miss them) and I'd bet that the prongs or something would get all messed up. The diamonds have been in these original settings and not touched since they were made..it's so rare to get an untouched piece in perfect condition too, so much history and elegance there....tell me your thoughts on them..I am thinking it would probably be a bad decision to ever unset the diamonds...but I waffle back and forth....here is my link for pics..not sure if I have a PS page...This is an LT link, I had listed these at one point to raise funds for my Casablanca diamonds, but decided to keep them. I seem to do that when I see something I want really badly...I'm willing to part with other beauties to make it happen but then change my mind when it comes down to the wire lol. Although I may one day part with a bunch to get a gorgeous ring like yours! Here is the LT link...I need to dig to see if I have a PS link..If I do it will have better pics too..

https://loupetroop.com/listings/ear...vintage-platinum-art-deco-oec-dangle-earrings

OH PS I think you will like this thread...it is my rhr when it belonged to my friend... she took far better photos than I ever could!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...tom-platinum-solitaire-by-david-klass.221507/

Last edited:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
COOL bangle. Did you keep it as is or did you go for a thicker bangle?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful bracelet - the diamond is big but looks so good on your wrist!! Heavenly!!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
COOL bangle. Did you keep it as is or did you go for a thicker bangle?
Thanks! I decided to keep it as is. The more delicate look really grew on me and it makes it very comfortable and wearable for everyday. I literally wear it daily and adore it.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful bracelet - the diamond is big but looks so good on your wrist!! Heavenly!!
Thanks so much MGR! It's amazing how the low profile and dainty bangle makes the large diamond seem much more subdued. I thought it would seem huge and overly blingy, but it really doesn't.

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I decided to keep it as is. The more delicate look really grew on me and it makes it very comfortable and wearable for everyday. I literally wear it daily and adore it.
Hi goldenfire, does your bangle go all the way around? Or is there an enclosure/chain? Or open cuff?

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi goldenfire, does your bangle go all the way around? Or is there an enclosure/chain? Or open cuff?

It's an open cuff just like Grace's bangles. I can post a pic if you want. lmk. I have had a few of these and this is the first that fits perfectly on my wrist size and shape

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes pls! So is it actually oval? I just sent my pear pendant to DK to change to a bangle, but I can’t decide on the back, I want to stack it with my Tiffany open Atlas bangle, which is circular... thoughts?

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes pls! So is it actually oval? I just sent my pear pendant to DK to change to a bangle, but I can’t decide on the back, I want to stack it with my Tiffany open Atlas bangle, which is circular... thoughts?

Hi Rubybrick! Oh a pear bangle sounds amazing!! I have loved Jbegs pear bangle photos and have always wanted to do one like that with a little pear. What size is your pear?...and yes this is like an oval shape, perfectly fitted to my wrist. The opening between the stems is about an inch. the perfect size to slip on my wrist, but I have to keep it sideways and slip it on a certain way, it kind of lightly squeezes on bc obviously my wrist isn't exactly 1" from the side lol. I'll video this for you tmrw. David got the length perfect because I measured my wrist with a string (dental floss actually) and mailed it, but the shape was not a perfect fit at first and I bent it a tiny tiny bit after I got it, and that made it perfectly. It has perfectly molded to my wrist over time and is so comfy, like a glove. It fits my wrist better than the Jbeg bangles I have had bc it is the perfect fit. I will try and get some pics tonight or tmrw for you. I don't know about what shape might look best with your current bangle...do you have pics of it on your wrist? This is a perfect fit so it doesn't slide all over or flop around like my other bracelets/bangles.Even if I put my arm straight up and down, the bangle only slides maybe an inch or inch and a half... My larger circular bangles (with no opening) clank around on my wrist and are fun but if I wore them with this bangle they would even slide over this one because it is so perfectly fit and sits so flush.

EDIT: I just took a video of this a minute ago, here ya go:

...please excuse the loud spider-man movie in the background :) hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more info! If you show me what your other bangle looks like, I can try to try on a similar one with this one to give you an idea of what they look like together etc..Oh PS I love how this fits so well and is so comfortable

Last edited:

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for video, that was very helpful. It does look very comfortable and it looks brand new! I think if I stack with my Altas, the Atlas will definitely slide over it, not sure if I want that. Might just have to make it exact same size. I love the finish of your bangle, is it satin?
image.jpg
Oh my pear is just over 1 carat.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for video, that was very helpful. It does look very comfortable and it looks brand new! I think if I stack with my Altas, the Atlas will definitely slide over it, not sure if I want that. Might just have to make it exact same size. I love the finish of your bangle, is it satin?
image.jpg
Oh my pear is just over 1 carat.
Yes the finish is 22k satin finish, over 14k. The satin finish makes it really neutral looking almost and it matches anything. I wear it even when I wear no other yg pieces, and ofcourse I wear it whenever I DO wear yg lol. It goes with everything. . I chose 14k bc I wanted the metal to be as hard and durable as possible, otherwise I'd probably snap it in half. Also I think at the time I made it, I didn't have funds for 18k which was significantly more, so this just worked for both durability and price point. .......

AND Oh my gosh a 1 carat pear would be amazing in a bangle!! Have you seen Grace's sideways pears in bangles? they are amazing. You can find them on her smugmug sute.

Oh and yes, now that I see it, you are totally right, the Tiffany Atlas would slide right over it for sure.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your bangle is gorgeous!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! And I love the proportions. If it were mine, I wouldn't change anything, tho I think thicker, while being a somewhat different look, would also be lovely. You're in a win-win position here!

Nice job, @goldenfire :))

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous in every way!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this. I’m sad jbg doesn’t seem to have the open bangles anymore. I was torturing myself trying to find pictures so I could decide what size stones I wanted for one!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love this. I’m sad jbg doesn’t seem to have the open bangles anymore. I was torturing myself trying to find pictures so I could decide what size stones I wanted for one!
Yeah I've noticed that. I used to browse her website all the time to look at the bangles. I actually still sometimes check in hopes that there are some new ones, but it's been a long time since I've seen anything new. Both Grace and DK do a great job on the bangles. I have had bangles from both

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this bracelet design, and am looking forward to see the finished piece.

DK :love:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love this bracelet design, and am looking forward to see the finished piece.

Finished piece pics are on this page a little farther up/back :) I actually kept everything the same...the size and proportions grew on me ;-)
Here is a video in case you don't want to scroll:

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finished piece pics are on this page a little farther up/back :) I actually kept everything the same...the size and proportions grew on me ;-)
Here is a video in case you don't want to scroll:
I scrolled too fast and missed it, DOH!
Thanks for the video and it is gorgeous, thanks for sharing.

P

PierreBear

Love your bangle! I've been pondering one for awhile and yes always noticed them on Grace's website but was always puzzled with how to get the sizing of the bangle right and how you get them on and off. Really appreciate your video and will store these thoughts away for future reference.

How did you figure out the bangle sizing? Just measure your wrist and let DK run with it?
Looks great on you and continue to enjoy!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love your bangle! I've been pondering one for awhile and yes always noticed them on Grace's website but was always puzzled with how to get the sizing of the bangle right and how you get them on and off. Really appreciate your video and will store these thoughts away for future reference.

How did you figure out the bangle sizing? Just measure your wrist and let DK run with it?
Looks great on you and continue to enjoy!
Thank you! DK actually had me cut a string that was the exact size of my wrist (I used dental floss that wasn't stretchy) and then mailed it and he nailed the size. although I had to slightly alter the shape and make it more oval after I got it but the size of the stems was perfect and molded to my wrist to where it is like a second skin now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results