shape
carat
color
clarity

1.48 J, SI1, AGS1 in WG Stuller Solstice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome, Miranda! I had to do a double take when I saw the avatar picture with the name Miranda!

Patty, it looks gorgeous! Now I am all confused again! I was leaning toward the 3 stone with pears and then I see your beautiful solitaire! I love it with the diamond band! I am like you in that I rarely wear a right hand ring. I do hope to make one like your sapphire 3 stone later, though. But it is a hard decision to decide between a solitaire with band versus the 3 stone with pears now that you have reminded me how much I love a solitaire!

Oh, and that Solstice looks VERY nice, too!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Diamond. I thought my avatar would be a happy face. I was surprised as well! The computer and I aren''t such good friends!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have any idea how many mm wide that Solstice band is? I like the proportions.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2006 4:46:15 PM
Author: Patty

Date: 2/18/2006 4:44:03 PM
Author: belle

Date: 2/18/2006 4:29:31 PM
Author: Matatora
Darn I wish I could pm or email but oh well…Have you ever tried Glamour Gloves, they are a ridiculously expensive product but they work really well. I was given a pair as an engagement present. They feel delicious but make the hands look much healthier too!
now why would you keep that from the rest of us in email or pm?
11.gif
i think we would all like to know about something that will help the hands! thanks for the link
2.gif
I think Mat would have liked to have PM''d it because she didn''t want to be too obvious....''GOOD GOD GIRL! You need some help for that skin?''
11.gif
Oh heavens! I am sorry I did not mean for it to come across that way...I have all the tact of a freight train. Whoops. Sorry. What I meant was that my skin is quite dry as well and that I can see my veins through my skin (so hot right) and that I had found these to be useful.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Wow Patty -- great ring! I love the classic solitare. After years of settings with lots of side stones, I went for a solitare for my upgrade. Then I immediately began coveting all the beautiful sparkly settings here. After drooling over all the beautiful settings tho, I have decided that I really like the simpliciy of the solitare. You can dress it up and change it''s look with what you wear with it. (Love that eternity ring also btw...)

Enjoy all your great choices now!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh Patty your new ring is absolute perfection! I love it with your diamond band. No reason you can''t just change your rings around when the mood suits you!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your comments! Yes, sundial, I can mix it up now. Of course, the plan I told hubby was that I would not actually wear the new diamond yet b/c it's a gift for my birthday that is in 16 months minus 2 days.

Mara, for the cracks on your hands, I've found that using Neosporin or any triple antibiotic ointment works well on healing those cracks quickly. And the thing with not wearing a ring on your right hand is then you have to decide...Do you mix it up on your left, or put all your $ into just your wedding set. If I had bought just one new diamond for my wedding ring in the past two years instead of 3 new diamonds, I'd have one amazing wedding ring stone!

Matatora, I'm just teasing. I know that you were just being nice. And I told hubby about the gloves and he said to order them for sure.

Welcome, Miranda! A nurse told me years ago to use A&D ointment on my daughter's head for cradle cap. I can't remember if it helped the cradle cap but she was a little greaser for sure!

DS, I think the Solstice is about 2.5mms wide but I'm not positive. Are you planning to wear your upgrade with a wedding band? If not, I'd go for the pear sidestones. To me a solitaire screams "engagement ring."

Lop, I love your solitaire! It is very simple and puts the focus on your amazing stone!

And thank you Lauren, Rascal, Tacori and cpster too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Patty, I''d either wear the RB with pear sides alone or the solitaire with diamond w-band like yours. I figure the price will balance out with side stones or diamond w-band. I just like both, but I really only can have one upgrade! Lol!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2006 9:36:05 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Patty, I''d either wear the RB with pear sides alone or the solitaire with diamond w-band like yours. I figure the price will balance out with side stones or diamond w-band. I just like both, but I really only can have one upgrade! Lol!
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I was just supposed to have one upgrade two years ago. Then we decided to put the upgrade stone into a new ring (My Vatche 3 stone.) So then once we saw what a great cut looked like, we had to upgrade the stone in my wedding ring. And now we had to buy this upgrade b/c it was such a good deal. So I totally understand only having ONE upgrade!
10.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh, Patty, it''s FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE it!!! It looks so good with your band of 3 pointers...YUMM! Congratulations on your new sparkly, it''s just wonderful!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2006 10:26:00 PM
Author: HOUMedGal
Oooooh, Patty, it''s FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE it!!! It looks so good with your band of 3 pointers...YUMM! Congratulations on your new sparkly, it''s just wonderful!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks HouMedGal! I love yours too!
35.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
That''s such a beautiful stone and a classic setting! It looks perfect on your hands! Congrats and enjoy your new ring!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I just knew he wasn''t going to make you wait 16 months to set that stone. It looks beautiful in that solitaire setting - funny how we go round and round about settings but something about that solitaire look just takes your breath!

Congrats and enjoy - no matter how many rings you have!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Patty, It is so beautiful! I love that stuller solstice and it looks great with your diamond band.
I used to have terribly dry hands when I lived up north. I used a prescription lotion called lachydrin (spelling?) and I hear it is OTC now. It is pronounced like Lack High drin. It made a world of difference.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Patty..believe it or not I have been putting Neosporin on the cracks and they really took forever to start healing. Problem is that now there are new cracks and so there are small areas that are getting kind of ''calloused'' from the healing cracks. It''s not lovely!!! I have been just pouring on the lotions and vaseline big time.

I need something that penetrates to my BONES so that it takes more than just a washing of the hands to turn them back into allilgator skin..

39.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Patty, the solitaire looks awesome! I too was debating between putting a family stone in a thinner solitaire or getting a ring with pear sides and every time I think I make up my mind, I see someone else''s ring that changes it! It looks awesome with your eternity band too!

I am not a RHR gal either; I wish I could fit more than one set on my left ring finger.
2.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning!

Yet another fabulous J stone

Blod
30.gif
30.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I get cracks in my hands from the cold and from using too much household cleaner, I use cortisone cream to heal them. It works as well as anything I have used. The Neutrogena hand cream works really well for me too - I put it on and let it soak in and then rub my hands with a papertowel. I can''t stand my hands to feel greasy. When it is real cold outside, I always do better if I wear gloves but sometimes they are a pain. It''s also hard to keep anything on my hands when I''m at home as I seem to be forever in water doing one thing or another. When the healing starts and they develop the callouses as Mara describes, I go over the hard calloused area with an emery board - very lightly. It takes the hard edges off and seems to make it feel better. These cracks are a nuisance - and they hurt! Like having several papercuts on your hands at once. Come on summer!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Jelly, MissGotRocks, bloodthecat and pebbles!

Gail, yes, the prescription lotion that I use on my body is the original Lachydrin. When they started selling the over the counter Lac Hydrin, it was the same stuff only 5%. The prescription then changed it's name to Lac Lotion and was still the original 12% forumula. But now I noticed that it's called Ammonium Lactate Lotion 12%. I still use the prescription and with my insurance it ends up being cheaper than the over the counter 5% Lac Hydrin.

I just don't like how the Layhydrin feels on my hands, though, so I use the Neutrogena for my hands.

Mara, I'm sorry that you still have the cracks even with the Neosporin. Yes, when they heal they do leave a little callous but it goes away eventually. And like MGR said, cortisone helps with that. I'll try the emery board, MGR!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Patty, it''s so lovely! Very simple and elegant.

I don''t know how you are going to keep that baby in your jewelry box for 16 months, LOL! It would KILL me! That is just the perfect size and set so beautifully.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to say congrats on the new ring. It looks very beautiful and classic!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Mokey and lumpkin!

Lumpkin, who said anything about it sitting in my jewelery box?
31.gif

It''s on my hand even as we type. And when it''s not on my hand, I keep it in this jewelry tray right by my computer...

allofminecropped.jpg

My husband asked that I not leave my jewelry tray in the living room when I''m not at home or at night time, so now I take upstairs with me when I go to bed. My rings are kind of like my pets.
16.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the tips on the hand stuff MGR...definitely useful....this cold weather has not been kind to my hands..my body skin is a little dry but nothing like the hands. I also do wash them alot as well, aka doing laundry or this or that and just come and wash my hands. So I''m sure that does not help.

Belle I may try the flaxseed oil too. It works for P''s skin, why not mine!?
5.gif

MissingSeattle

Rough_Rock
Such a great looking diamond. I love it!!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/18/2006 3:23:45 PM
Author:Patty
I had my new stone set this week. I used a new jeweler in town here who did it for me overnight...whoo hoo! No waiting forever for my regular jeweler and no hassling with mail and insurance to send it out. (Sorry Wink!)

No need to be sorry, I have always been a proponent of using a good local jeweler. Your ring is lovely and you are happy. Happy is WAY better than sorry!

Wink

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2006 3:47:54 PM
Author: Wink

Date: 2/18/2006 3:23:45 PM
Author:Patty
I had my new stone set this week. I used a new jeweler in town here who did it for me overnight...whoo hoo! No waiting forever for my regular jeweler and no hassling with mail and insurance to send it out. (Sorry Wink!)

No need to be sorry, I have always been a proponent of using a good local jeweler. Your ring is lovely and you are happy. Happy is WAY better than sorry!

Wink
Thank you for being so gracious Wink. Sending it to you would have been less expensive and I know your bench would have done a great job, but there is something to be said for not having to bite your nails while your diamond makes it through the US mail system!

And thank and welcome to MissingSeattle!
35.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I took a couple of shots of it with my 2mm white gold band...

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! Patty how did I miss this thread? I *love* your new setting and diamond! There''s just something so great about a solitare. I think it looks fab with your eternity and plain band
30.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you PrincessV!!
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it looks great with the plain band too Patty. What fun you will have mixing it up with all your bands. Love it!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results