shape
carat
color
clarity

1.26 SI2 J GIA XXX

adele_h

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I'm trying to educate myself a little more, and I've found a diamond in Singapore that I'm struggling to explain the price of ($7800 Singapore dollars, $5880 USD). It's a J, eye clean SI2 (both to the naked eye, and even with my untrained eyes with a loupe I was only able to spot something small in the table). It scores 1.7 on the HCA. For someone who doesn't need perfection - just a nice, well performing stone - what do you think?

Addit - it does say that there are additional wisps, clouds and pinpoints not shown.. But surprisingly, looked clean.

_3621.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so that's 5684.92 USD.

You sure it's eyeclean? That's a bloody mess of an inclusion plot. I find it hard to believe those inclusions aren't effecting lighting performance.

What is the depth on the stone? It looks over 62.3 which means it probably faces up smaller than it's carat weight. You have to pay attention to the spread of the stone? What are the dimensions?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's overpriced too.

I mean look at this. http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-8314380-1.30-carat-Round-diamond-J-color-SI1-Clarity.aspx?sku=8314380&utm_source=pricescope.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com It's larger, scores well on the HCA, and is higher clarity (I obviously don't know if it's eyeclean but still).

And then this one, which likely is eyeclean: http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-8323602-1.30-carat-Round-diamond-J-color-VS2-Clarity.aspx?sku=8323602&utm_source=pricescope.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com Larger, much higher clarity and still the cash price is still less than that stone. This one I'd put on hold and ask for a picture and an idealscope. (You would have to call them).

adele_h

Shiny_Rock
I know, the plot is awful! I too struggle to see how this wouldn't affect the stone performance, and whilst it looked lovely on, I suspect this is the reason for the price. The spread is 6.88 - 6.89mm

adele_h

Shiny_Rock
Good find as always :) we aren't ready to buy yet, unless we found an absolute blinder of a bargain - good to know that this Singapore stone isn't it!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
Does the price in Singaporean dollars include any taxes?

You may be able to get them back when you travel under the tax refund scheme. That is if there's any. I'm not sure.

Also it's unlikely that a brick and mortar stone would be priced same as an stone on virtual lists of course.

You are more likely to find competitively priced stones online. Absolute blinder of bargains are hard to come by in real life.

Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
gr8leo87|1463512673|4032849 said:
Absolute blinder of bargains are hard to come by in real life.

+1

But it IS a very competitive market and if you use the internet to maximum potential you will find a very good diamond for a very good price.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results