shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT 1.11 Diamond Pendant reset from my original e-ring

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really didn't want my original e-ring to sit in the safe deposit box, so I reset it into a solitaire pendant setting for a necklace. I have to admit that I love wearing it every day. :) happy, happy, joy, joy!!

pendant_1.jpg
pendant_2.jpg
pendant_4.png

Now I get to wear these beauties every day! It's been so fun rocking so much bling. (It's a lot for me, a bling newbie.)
daily_wear.png

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a beautiful bling set!! Love your pendant and wedding set :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its beautiful! And fabulously large! Love it :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a fantastic collection you have - love all your pieces!

The 6 prong setting is so elegant for your pendant - and I really like it paired w the wheat chain! You made a perfect selection and it keeps your original engagement stone close to your heart!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, Alex T, and Enerchi, thank you so much. I can't take any credit myself. ;)) I've gotten all these ideas from other PSer's and what they have done with their beautiful jewels to make them wearable. In fact, my mom now wants to get skinny pave bands and a pendant too. That is how infectious not being afraid of making changes and doing things with your jewels to make them practical and wearable is.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! I love everything about the pendant, it is perfect!

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
I did something very similar with my old engagement diamond (ex, not an upgrade) and I wear it quite a lot. Your pendant is very pretty and looks quite wearable.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I think that is the perfect way to use an original e-ring stone!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So elegant - that stone is a perfect pendant size! All of your new pieces are just gorgeous!!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! Your necklace is beautiful!!! The diamond looks huge yet the simplicity of it all is just perfect. :appl:
Enjoy!! Bling recycling at it's best!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just beautiful and I love the pendant setting. Chain is an awesome choice too. You have a lovely collection! :appl:

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
You have my wheels turning! My orig. e-ring is just sitting in my safe too. I don't think you have any regrets resetting it to your gorgeous pendant. :lickout:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone!! I'm glad it turned out well too. I was a little nervous, but $240 is a small price to pay to allow me to wear the stone on a regular basis. Why insure the darn thing if it's just sitting in a safe deposit box?

Enerchi and redwood66, holy cow, you guys are super observant! Is that what that chain is called? Wheat pattern? Totally makes sense now. Enerchi, I haven't been around here long, but you sure know everything there is to know about jewelry. Are you a jeweler by trade? My mom insisted I get a new one that was more substantial since I was going to hang this rock on it. :)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting is beautiful! Did a local jeweler set it for you?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually got it set in Hong Kong, a couple of weeks ago. They made the setting because they didn't have one that was the right size. It's 18K white gold. I was going to get it set in SF, but I didn't go the Friday before I left on vacation. Lucky because my jeweler was in the shop right next to the store where the shooting at the SF Jewelry Mart occurred. I was planning on getting there at 10 am, but got busy and never made it. I think I'm a little too traumatized to go back there right now. :shock:

Reactions: AV_

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
That is such a beautiful pendant! I love it! It hangs just right.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love this pendant setting. The six-prong design is pretty and safe. I love the flat bottom, because it sits nicely and straight without flipping and spinning. The side pattern is also very pretty. I wish the setting is available in US, so I can get one.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FancyDiamond|1375630581|3496392 said:
I love this pendant setting. The six-prong design is pretty and safe. I love the flat bottom, because it sits nicely and straight without flipping and spinning. The side pattern is also very pretty. I wish the setting is available in US, so I can get one.

Hi FancyDiamond, thank you. You're right. It never even occurred to me that it doesn't flip. I just never thought it would. Could a jeweler make is just as a custom piece? It doesn't seem like a super complicated design. Mine is 18K white. However, because it is not set as part of the necklace, the pendant can move along the necklace. I find myself adjusting it when my hands are free. I'm probably also paranoid that it has fallen off. ;-) I'm not used to wearing a diamond where I can't see it to make sure I haven't lost it. :lol:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! What a lovely way to keep your original engagement diamond in daily use!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea! Your pendant and wedding set are very pretty!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous! My pendant is the same size! 1.12 ct, from my mom's original e-ring stone. My chain is super thin though, and I worry about someone yanking it off my neck all the time. I love the look of your wheat chain, will have to look into it!

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I did the same thing with my 1.08 diamond from my late husband. Mine is set in a prong set sliding bezel and I only take it off to clean. I also have a wheat chain, no worries about kinking when sleeping. My fiancé did not like me wearing it as a rhr but has no problem as a necklace.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks so pretty as a pendant!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I love that idea! And I love that pendant!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pendant LLJsmom! Congratulations for being a feature story on Pricescope.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on #tbt and what a wonderful set you have! How about a new photo of your bling? Do you wear the necklace daily still? What is it like to wear in wintertime?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results