shape
carat
color
clarity

“Bee” has a new party dress!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @ItsMainelyYou! I love them together…but the band sits too high and rubs against the gallery..I’m trying to talk myself out of finding a lower profile band in 18k..Ugh
That's a shame.
Okay then, it's spacer time!
As long as it's not worn everyday, what's a little rub between friends?
I'm not helping, am I. :lol:

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Soooo pretty! I love the low profile & gallery details as well! Works so perfectly with your bands!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the milgrain Band with it so I’m trying a spacer that will be low enough that it won’t rub on the gallery. I don’t like spacers but I do use them a lot. This one should be pretty low. I think the beading will go with the milgrain designs.
It’s in 18k yellow gold..1.5mm..It should be coming in a few weeks.
938BA8D5-4652-4900-AFA8-98E6F67F8F4B.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So..I got the little bead band above..It’s supposedly 1.5mm but it actually looks thinner…Do you think it’s too high to act as a spacer? It looks like it’s a bit high on the gallery. Do you think the beading will actually scratch it more? Should I get an 18k YG 1mm plain band so it sits lower? Thanks! 063391FE-D377-48B6-96C7-85D6A58C271D.jpeg 5E0DD688-65C2-4C14-930C-14783642E5EC.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee -

I think the bead band looks really lovely! It goes with the set, and the fact that it's higher makes it look like a far better match than one of those uber thin bands that doesn't go with anything and you can still see anyway! And no, I don't think it will scratch the ring any more than anything else. However, if you *really* want something that protects your soli and goes with *everything*.....

Have you seen those split bands? They sit flush with the band of your soli, but they're not a full circle. There is a piece missing where the basket of your soli is. They *look* like a full band - because you can't see under the basket of your soli anyway - but they allow any other third ring you wear with them to sit absolutely flush and they definitely DON'T scratch anything - because there's no actual ring to rub against the basket.

Where they're split, you get the ends shaped to follow the basket, so it really follows the shape of your soli, and it allows you to wear another band completely flush up against it. The third band then sits closer to your soli, as the spacer band doesn't protrude wider than the basket of your soli, and the whole combination causes less of that sausage finger effect one gets when you have the round basket of your ring - then a space - THEN a third ring.

Just a suggestion.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee -

I think the bead band looks really lovely! It goes with the set, and the fact that it's higher makes it look like a far better match than one of those uber thin bands that doesn't go with anything and you can still see anyway! And no, I don't think it will scratch the ring any more than anything else. However, if you *really* want something that protects your soli and goes with *everything*.....

Have you seen those split bands? They sit flush with the band of your soli, but they're not a full circle. There is a piece missing where the basket of your soli is. They *look* like a full band - because you can't see under the basket of your soli anyway - but they allow any other third ring you wear with them to sit absolutely flush and they definitely DON'T scratch anything - because there's no actual ring to rub against the basket.

Where they're split, you get the ends shaped to follow the basket, so it really follows the shape of your soli, and it allows you to wear another band completely flush up against it. The third band then sits closer to your soli, as the spacer band doesn't protrude wider than the basket of your soli, and the whole combination causes less of that sausage finger effect one gets when you have the round basket of your ring - then a space - THEN a third ring.

Just a suggestion.

Thank you @mrs-b..I wish I liked the bands that have a space to make it fit like a puzzle. Unfortunately it would make me crazy..lol

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think it will scratch any more than what you have but to be honest, I think you should just wear what you enjoy looking at. If it scratches, maybe, so be it? You will be switching your rings often enough, I doubt you’ll see major damage since it’s not your only daily driver. Love this set!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love, love, love this! It's perfect. All your rings are perfect but goodness I love gold!

Thank you @Gussie! I really love the 18k yellow gold. It was a huge surprise. I’ve always worn white metals..I think it may be the 18k gold. It looks smooth like velvet. It’s hard to explain.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t think it will scratch any more than what you have but to be honest, I think you should just wear what you enjoy looking at. If it scratches, maybe, so be it? You will be switching your rings often enough, I doubt you’ll see major damage since it’s not your only daily driver. Love this set!!

Thank you @Slickk! After wearing it for a while I think the bead ring will protect the gallery. It also adds a little visual something to make it interesting. The beading goes with the milgrain on the rings. I like it!
I bought another little bead ring in 18k white gold to protect Winter as a change of pace from the plain 2mm 18k white gold band I got for her. They are supposed to be 1.5mm but truthfully look like 1mm to me. I actually think that’s what makes it work.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
”Bee” is a cushion diamond that @mrs-b found but decided to pass on…I swooped in and bought it right away. It’s 2.06 ctw H color SI2..but completely eye clean and gorgeous! I will never part with her..I just love her so much. Her first setting was a gorgeous diamond halo ring by David Klass. I love the diamond..and loved the setting..but not together for some reason. David removed her and set her in a custom white gold bangle bracelet. I loved looking down at her..It was another example of I love Bee..and I love the bangle but I missed seeing her on my hand. I always felt I was missing a yellow gold ring. I don’t like to mix yellow gold and white metals..I decided to have David make me an 18k yellow gold bezel ring for her with a really pretty gallery. I had him reset the bangle with a lab diamond which..if interested…is in that forum. I just got the photos today of her pretty new dress. This is a keeper. Now I can wear all my yellow gold jewelry from years ago but wouldn’t wear with my white metals. I’m so happy with this ring! 787B459B-06D8-46AE-BD66-70BF2420A718.jpeg 6326AB9F-5EF7-42CA-A8E4-41C80B05D806.jpeg 6C585F0A-A373-40BC-8BC6-F4C448790DDD.jpeg

FD59A9AC-CAE0-4A05-A71F-0C55ECED015A.jpeg

Sorry to be late on this. Been MIA with summer travels with the family. Congrats, @MamaBee. Love love it!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results