clarity

Now I really did it :((

AV_

Ideal_Rock

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, thank you about the sunrise photo. I knew it was cloudy over night so since I woke up about the time the sun was rising I decided I may as well look. I was glad I did. I am a big fan of Stephen King; he has always been one of my favorite authors. That is interesting then his tie to Stranger Things. My friend did seem very happy to have company and I think her boy friend was glad to get out of the house for a few hours. I thought I’d go visit her again this weekend. Thank you; I know the longer we live we all have tough times of the year. How cool you and your DH surprised your son and his band. It sounds like a nice time and a lot of fun. Enjoy your trip to the beach with your friends.

Happy Birthday OdetteOdile.

Missy, I am sorry your heart wrenching decisions and challenges continue. I am sending you, Greg and the kitties mega dust to get this horrid ringworm behind you. I am glad my hugs help, sending you more right now. It’s good you are keeping your sense of humor; that can always help in rough times. Thank you for your comforting words of wisdom; the sadness we have does mean we miss someone who really brightened our life. I told Marty tonight it makes me feel good to know my friend’s family keeps in touch with me; I know her mom always tells me being around me is like giving her back a piece of Connie. Marty realized this weekend kind of kicked his butt when he was lifting today. He said all those pounds were more difficult than normal. He was at Lowes a while ago looking for more stuff. Woo hoo to hitting over 4K miles. And now I want ice cream.

Austina, thank you. The older I get the more sad memories I have but that means I’ve had a lot of wonderful people to love and in my life. Marty’s gym looks pretty good. Our friends did show up in the afternoon and helped him move the last 2 loads of weights and benches. Their 11 year old daughter stayed here with me and talked me ear off. She is a cutie. Marty kind of feels like someone beat the crud out of him from all of his hard work this weekend but I think he is enjoying it. That would be great if he gets so many clients I can retire and just hang out on PS and go jewelry shopping all the time. Ha Ha. Your been busy polishing floors and packing. I bet your floors look fabulous.

Slick1, thank you for the well wishes for Marty’s gym. I might even go try it out on Wednesday. It is so easy and understandable to go back and try to see where we could have done things differently but those shoulda, coulda, woulda thoughts only serve to drive us crazy. Sorry your summer off is coming to an end. That’s good you got a lot of maintenance health things taken care of this summer. I am sorry you miss your mom; moms are certainly comforting when things like this happen. Big hugs to you! I hope the wrap works well. DS’s wedding will be here before you know it. You are far more coordinated than I am dodging things on a walk and typing on your phone. I would have ended up flat on my face.

Callie, I generally don’t get down but everything now and then it just builds up and I have to let it out or I have a meltdown. If I find a sad movie that triggers some tears and I feel better. It is kind of funny how we just reach a point where we are done pampering our flowers for the year. I didn’t get out this weekend but will probably go out one night this week How are you feeling? How exciting and fun your grandniece starts school tomorrow. I bet she’ll have lots to tell you tomorrow.

AV, good luck with the jungle and even more importantly with good news.

Sharon, I think they have shows about everything now. I like watching a lot of the house or yard upgrade shows.

Marty officially had 2 of his clients come to his gym today. He thinks right now he will stick with by appointment hours. He got this crazy project at work they want done by Friday and no one knows who to talk to, who the vendor is; people who have worked on it all went on vacation. Such fun!

I did mostly enjoy work today. My boss is out this week. I decided I'd take on one of the tasks that my new team does just to say I did it. Watching them from afar I have asked many times "why do you do it that way? It seems very inefficient." I've always suggested you highlight it all, copy and paste it in Excel then filter it down to what you need. They both always said no, that won't work. So about 5 minutes in this morning I did just that and I was done in like 5 minutes. :lol: And that is why my Christmas tree never has tinsel. I don't have that kind of patience.

Then we had a big update for tomorrow come in at 4:18 and at 4:55 I went and asked the person running our inbox if they'd done the update yet they said oh I just saw that. I told them to print it and go home. I wasn't about to pay them overtime especially when it would take an hour to do it.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I am sorry your heart wrenching decisions and challenges continue. I am sending you, Greg and the kitties mega dust to get this horrid ringworm behind you. I am glad my hugs help, sending you more right now. It’s good you are keeping your sense of humor; that can always help in rough times. Thank you for your comforting words of wisdom; the sadness we have does mean we miss someone who really brightened our life. I told Marty tonight it makes me feel good to know my friend’s family keeps in touch with me; I know her mom always tells me being around me is like giving her back a piece of Connie. Marty realized this weekend kind of kicked his butt when he was lifting today. He said all those pounds were more difficult than normal. He was at Lowes a while ago looking for more stuff. Woo hoo to hitting over 4K miles. And now I want ice cream.

Marcy one day we will be able to give each other hugs in person. I feel that will come true. We will get ice cream together and take you for a spin on our bike. You will love it. Thank you for your comforting words too. I do believe sadness shared is sadness lessened and joy shared is joy increased. Yes I changed it a bit because right now nothing short of a miracle is going to halve my sorrow. But I promise to do my best in maintaining my sense of humor when I am not crying my eyes out that is. My sweet babies. I am glad Connie's family keeps in touch with you and that it brings you comfort. Good for Marty working hard at lifting weights and it kicking his butt. That's what our butts are there for right?

Oh @missy, what an awful situation to be in. I always think you can tell when they’re ready by their eyes and the way they look at you as if to say “It’s ok Mum, you can let me go”. Until then, keep doing what you’re doing for Fred, there’s always a chance that he’ll rally and start to improve. It’s easy to second guess yourself, was it too soon, was it soon enough, but you’ll know in your heart when he’s ready. Until then, hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I wish there was something, anything, that I could do to help, other than sending you love and strength to deal with this. I’m glad you’re able to get out and enjoy your cycling, I do think in these situation that just being outside helps to bring some balance back to your life. Wow to hitting over 4000 miles with everything that’s been going on this summer.

Austina thank you. Right now all 3 cats are miserable (and Oliver is a bit sad too as he is still isolated from the others and not getting enough attention as we only have so much we can give with all 4 being severely affected) and I cannot say that in the back of my mind I don't think about the fact they might not make it. Not just Fred but Tommy and Bobby too. It's getting very bad. :cry2: But Greg and I are persevering. Just not confident where we will all end up.

Glad you finished your packing @Austina and so far in advance...nice going. I know you will have a marvelous trip and cannot wait to hear all about it.

@missy Sheesh! What an ordeal. I’m incredibly sorry you are struggling so. The pain of watching your babies go through this...how are your and Greg’s spots doing? I hope you enjoyed a nice birthday and hope things get easier with each passing week. And this too shall pass, they say. Looking back on the what if’s do you no good and will cause angst, so try to look froward to a successful treatment of this. Hope you can ride a lot this week. Going to be awesome out there.

Thank you sweet @Slick1 we had a lovely weekend despite all we are going through and the weather was perfect. So far we are OK but it might just be a matter of time as the longer we are exposed the more likely we are to have complications. And for those of us (me) with moderate to severe skin issues I am much more likely to have big problems being exposed like this to ringworm. I am not sure what we will do if it affects my scalp or nails or all over my body. I shudder thinking about that decision but Greg and I cannot separate for a year so he can care for the kitties. I would do almost anything I can for them but not that. It's too long a time period. So please let's hope that it doesn't come down that decision. :pray: That is one of my big fears.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I am doing what I told @missy not to do. Going back over and over things from a year past and wondering where I could have gone in a different direction and saved myself from this. But alas, what good does it do but make me sad and angry. I have three more weeks of summer vacation o_O I have gotten a lot of maintenance health things done this summer that had been put off so I can return without all of the appts lingering. I do feel that this anger and sadness is taking its toll on any joy I might have. It’s times like these where we really miss our moms....I am hoping that this wrap thing works and I am massaging and manipulating it too. :pray: I do not relish the idea of another procedure.
DS’s wedding is seven weeks away :kiss2: so I have to get myself together for them and for my students. Get. It. Together. @Slick1 :x2

Hang in there my dear girlfriend. You have so many happy occasions to look forward to and it is going to somehow work out. You have every right to be worried and sad and angry but there is an end to this and a light waiting for you and you are way closer to that than you were at the start of the summer so hold onto that and all the progress you are making. Sending you hugs and love and lots of light. I am so sorry your mom is not here to bring you comfort an love. Missing our loved ones is so hard. (((HUGS))).

@missy, I’m sorry Fred isn’t doing well and know his is so hard for both you and Greg. Does he seem worse to you than he did a week ago Saturday? Since Debbie is back in town can she examine Fred and give you her opinion? I hope Fred begins to improve quickly. I’m sorry this summer has been so hard. I’m glad you have been able to get out and cycle.

There is no magic potion I wish Callie. Long story short it might take the better part of a year (or longer) for the cats to fight ringworm and Fred might not ever be able to clear it. It isn't looking good for our dear Fred. Debbie cannot do anything our local vet is doing and it is just a virulent form I guess. I spoke to both Debbie and our local vet yesterday and they did not have good news. In these challenging ringworm cases Debbie's boss just lets it run its course of 9 months to a year but those are only in younger healthy strong cats. No way Fred can fight this on his own yet all of them are getting much worse despite aggressive treatment. So to answer your question yes they are all much worse. Glad you are doing well and have fun today with your niece and great niece. And glad your physical went well. XO.

Maybe I have news - or so I'd think, if I'd dare think!

Oh yes please share. I would love to hear some (good) news if possible and hope that everything is going smoothly for you. Hugs.

@Scandinavian continued healing dust and love being sent your and your mom's way. Hope all is going smoothly for you guys. (((Hugs))).

Yesterday we cleaned and disinfected super early and then we cycled in the morning and later that afternoon met Greg's family who is visiting the shore from Chicago. It was a lovely diversion actually.

missyandgregsfamilysummer2019.png

Today is lime dip day and it's a stormy day so sadly no cycling for us today. Enjoy a wonderful day lovely ladies and sending you all hugs.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Just a quick flyby, I’m zonked, I’ve spent the day washing and ironing, and when I’d finished, I had to do my nails :lol:

@missy, continuing to keep everything crossed that this nightmare will eventually show signs of abating, and you’ll be able to regain some semblance of normality. I’m glad you managed to get out and meet up with Greg’s family. I’m assuming, Mum, brother, nephew, and SIL? Greg and his brother don’t look much alike, but then neither did Colin and his brother.

We love home reno shows too @marcy, love the Property Brothers, and currently watching Good Bones. The house prices to us seem pretty unbelievable compared to property here, being a small country, our house prices are ridiculously high. Glad to hear Marty has had his first 2 clients, here’s hoping there’s plenty more to come. Hope work wasn’t too stressful for you today, and your got your update done without any problems.

@AV_ looking forward to hearing your good news and hoping things work out the way you want.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIS are doing well :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Austina lol that gave me a good chuckle and I needed it so thank you. That young lady is my niece (Junior in College and a lovely young woman) but everyone else you got exactly correct. My SIL never comes to visit anymore but our MIL goes to Chicago and visits once a year there. I agree Greg doesn't look like either brother.

Today is like a vacation for Greg and me as the cats are getting lime dips and though we have been cleaning and re organizing all day the house is peaceful. We are exhausted and just got back from running errands ($300 in cleaning supplies from Costco...gotta love Costco and thank goodness they have almost everything there lol) and were cleaning all morning but the house is quiet right now which is nice. I feel like a bad momma but it's been so stressful and my poor babies are traumatized. Seeing them like this is hard to take. I feel their pain and fear and it just is gut wrenching on all levels. I just pray that today is going well for them and every time the phone rings my heart is in my mouth scared something bad happened with the cats.

We love home reno shows too. I can never get enough. Though my favorite home shows are the Beach hunters and Island Hunters and House Hunters International.

Glad you got your nails done and also accomplished a lot. Nice going. What color did you paint your nails?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone! I'm alive, but been on the road and it's been hectic as heck :)

Okay I've not read one thing, but just saw @missy girls BEAUTIFUL photo of Greg and her family, Lovely people Greg, just wonderful. I did see Marcy said you and Greg are still doing the disinfectant for ringworm, so sorry Missy, somehow you and Greg were chosen to go thru this trial, I send you love.

@marcy Hi Marcy, I will read all the above soon but I wanted to say I and say I miss you and all our NIRDIs here. :)

@Calliecake Hi Callie girl, hope all is well with you and I will get to reading soon enough, we are leaving my BIL and SIL's house in VA tomorrow a.m. and will get home to Maine tomorrow night then I will have more time. miss talking and hope all is well with you!

@junebug17 Hi June!!!!! hope you are doing well in Jersey or SC! sending you love!

@Mamabean sending hugs and love to you and your beautiful family!

@Slick1 Hi Slick, hope you are feeling good and all is going well, when is the wedding? I have a wedding here in VA on 9/28 - niece. sending health and hugs to you girl.

@Scandinavian Hi Scandi! hope your mom is faring well and you are the family are having a wonderful summer! :)

@AV_ Hope all is going well with you AV! sending happy dust your way.

@canuk-gal sending hi's to you Sharon!!

@Austina Hi Austina, we are in the midst of buying a lot in Liberty Hill, TX. I will write more about it when I get home.. Can't wait for you to move here!!! (here as in TX I mean). I'm in Wintergreen VA right now :)

Anyone on Insta (my son said its NOT IG mom it's called INSTA! ha) saw the few pix I put up of my drive on the Blue Ridge Pkwy yesterday, GORGEOUS!

I'm going to post a pix of the BEST Tex-Mex I had in Atown. http://www.eldoradocafeatx.com/

Anyone who visits and when and if @Austina moves there and I'm there we will all go THERE! great food.

Eldo1.jpg Eldo2.jpg Eldo3.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I don’t doubt we’ll meet some day. I totally want to come to NYC and watch them light the tree in Times Square. But since I’m always cold and hate crowds I’m going to need to get a front row seat in one of the hotels facing the tree. I agree sharing our joys and sorrows make things easier. Just getting sorrows out in the open make us feel better. Plus you have a support system here. Hang in there sweet Missy. Miracles do happen. I hope the dips weren’t too awful for the kitties. How fun to visit with Greg’s family.

Austina, I’m worn out hearing about your day. I did file my nails at work this afternoon. I know some of those shows are buying houses way out of our range. Did you watch the show trading spaces? That was where 2 people swapped houses and remodeled a room or two for them? Some of those were great but most of the time I’d be like WTH did you do to my house? I hpe Marty is successful; not necessarily to pay his bills but I don’t want to see him deal with the business failing. Thank you for wishing him success. The Beach Hunters and Island Hunters are great; I always want to live there.

Kate, I am glad you are alive. Hi back to you and we missed you. You are almost home to Maine. It’s good to go and it’s good to come home. That food looks great.

Marty spent more money at a hardware store today and my stalking app shows him at his gym. He was looking for some window film to block the sun coming the top windows in the morning.

There weren’t many dishes to do when I got home so I ordered a pizza for supper. Sweet!

Take care.
Marcy

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course Missy I missed your birthday.. happy belated birth day, I continue to read.. right now I'm reading that things aren't going so well with Fred, I hope to read further and see things are better.

you are special! xoxoxo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. Just a quick hello. We have to drive into the city this AM as I have an endocrinologist appt. Not very convenient with what is happening with the cats but I cannot reschedule as he changed my meds and has to re evaluate how I am doing. I am hoping they won't insist on weighing me because if they do I am in trouble.

All 4 had their lime sulfur dips yesterday and Bobby, Tommy and Oliver did OK. But Fred is refusing to eat and this is day 2 of not eating. It is heartbreaking and horrible to see this happening and I am at a loss as to what to do. He was healthy before this summer and I feel if he can just recover from this he can go on to have quality time left. But I cannot let him starve to death. Sorry for the sad update. I am very very sad.

@Tekate, thanks for all your good wishes including the happy birthday wishes. If my birthday wish comes true it would be that all our cats recover from this and go on to have happy lives with us. :pray:
I love seeing all your photos. Thank you for sharing and sending you lots of love and hugs. And you are special too. I am always cheered up when I read the lovely words you share here. (((Hugs))).

@marcy sweet that when you got home there were not many dishes to do. Thank you for your warm support. I am with you and we will get a front row indoor seat for the tree lighting if it is cold. But sometimes it is pretty nice around that time of year. You never know. Haha to Marty spending more money on the gym. Gotta spend money to make money right? Good luck with the gym and I hope it is a success for you guys. Hugs.

@Slick1 thank you for your continued well wishes and hugs and support. I am sending bucketloads of good wishes and hugs your way. XOXO.

Off in a bit to see my endocrinologist in the city. Hope this appt goes well because we have enough on our plate and I will be glad when this week is over. Have a good day girls and (((hugs))).

Leaving you with a Fred photo from yesterday when they all got home after their lime sulfur dips. My sweet baby Fred. He is such a good boy. You can see the yellow tint on his white hair.

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 4.05.05 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope your appt goes well today @missy xxx

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's! Hoping all of you had a nice day.

Missy, sorry to hear Fred isn't eating again. I hope he got something down today. How did you endocrinologist appointment go today? I would totally love a front row seat for the tree lighting. I could stand the crowds if I didn't have far to go to return to my room. :D Yes, we do have to spend money to make money. The first light bill showed up and he has enough money in his checking account to pay for it. Score!!! Sweet picture of Fred.

Marty was home for supper so grilled us some dead animal and veggies. I went down and lifted a little while ago and Marty watched. He was proud of me; he said my form for pressing was the best of anyone he is coaching right now. Sweet. We are trying something different on dead lifts for me to hopefully lesson pulling my hamstrings and work my quads more. If this can keep me from having my right knee replaced it's well worth it.

Take care.
Marcy

Here was a cool cloud tonight
IMG_0718.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls.

@junebug17 how are you honey? Thinking of you and hoping your week is going well.

@Scandinavian how is your mom doing? How are you holding up? Sending you hugs and love and good wishes.

Hope your appt goes well today @missy xxx

Thanks Austina. We got into the city easily and were there by 6:30 AM and the endocrinologist took me early. We won't have my results til next week and sometimes with him I dont get them til much later but glad the appointment is over.

Today is your trip. Wishing you bon voyage and safe travels and enjoy. Hugs.

Missy, sorry to hear Fred isn't eating again. I hope he got something down today. How did you endocrinologist appointment go today? I would totally love a front row seat for the tree lighting. I could stand the crowds if I didn't have far to go to return to my room. :D Yes, we do have to spend money to make money. The first light bill showed up and he has enough money in his checking account to pay for it. Score!!! Sweet picture of Fred.

Marty was home for supper so grilled us some dead animal and veggies. I went down and lifted a little while ago and Marty watched. He was proud of me; he said my form for pressing was the best of anyone he is coaching right now. Sweet. We are trying something different on dead lifts for me to hopefully lesson pulling my hamstrings and work my quads more. If this can keep me from having my right knee replaced it's well worth it.

Yummm to the grilled veggies Marcy. Glad you got to lift weighs yesterday and woohoo for Marty being proud of how well you are doing. Nice form girlfriend. And so happy it is helping your knees. That is sweet. Talking about knees Greg was supposed to have knee replacement surgery in Nov and now because of this situation he has to postpone. That really blows because he needs that knee replacement but the cats and I need Greg while this ringworm situation continues. Fred did eat today and I think it is because the Itrafungol is out of his system. Endocrinologist appt went ok but I won't have results for a while. Thanks Marcy. Yeah I don't like crowds either. It's why we don't go to tree lightings or parades etc. But I am an old lady that way. I was born an old soul.:cool2:

Haha love Killer at the gym. He is looking gooooood.:sun: And lovely sky. Thanks for sharing. Here is our sky from our drive yesterday morning to the endocrinologist.

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 6.16.41 AM.png

@Slick1 hey there, have a wonderful day. Thinking of you and Chase and sending big hugs and healing vibes your way.

@canuk-gal good morning. Hope you are having a wonderful week. Hugs.

@AV_ how are you doing? Hope you are having a good week and all is going well.

Hello to everyone else. Hope all are having a nice and smooth week.

We went to the endocrinologist yesterday and got back and went for a short bike ride and had Days ice cream too and then came home and did our cleaning routine.Then Greg had 2 work conference calls and it was an exhausting day but we accomplished a lot. Poor Greg has so much to do with work and the cat situation. Oy. But he is a trooper and never complains. He just does it. Love him so much.

Off to start our cleaning routine and then a bike ride.

Leaving you with our ice cream selection from yesterday.

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 6.22.38 AM.png

Enjoy a lovely Thursday girls.

Reactions: AV_

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Glad you’re appt is over with @missy, and fingers crossed that the results aren’t any cause for concern, absolutely the last thing you’d need. So please to hear that Fred has eaten a little, shows the old boy still has a fighting spirit. Poor Greg, how miserable he’s had to postpone his surgery. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, that man of yours is an absolute gem! Hope his work goes well today, and that you enjoy your ride and ice cream.

:lol: @marcy, love the killer rabbit lifting weights. That’s such good news that you’re finding lifting is helping your knees, and woohoo to Marty commenting on your technique.

Continuing to keep you all in my thoughts and hoping that all your difficulties will soon be behind you and life will be less stressful for you.

We had a problem this morning, we dropped Dottie to Tom, and she ran straight in and up to him for a stroke, came home and tried to close my case. Nope, it wasn’t going to co-operate, it’s never been the same since the TSA messed with it a while back. Tried everything we could to change the combination, but nope, no go. Eventually I had to unpack it, Colin had to take everything, and I mean everything, out of a cupboard where another suitcase was, and I had to repack. Good job we had time enough to do it.

We’re at the airport now, waiting for the flight, so I’ll send a big wave and a hug to all the lovely NIRDIS, and catch up with you later. :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, what a lovely pic of you, Greg, and his family! I'm glad the outing distracted you from everything for a bit. and it's nice you've been getting out for cycling and ice cream, weather permitting. At least it breaks up the day a little. It's good Fred is eating a little bit but I know you're still so worried about him, what a sweetheart he is. I'm glad you have the appointment behind you and that it went ok. I am keeping you all in my thoughts and wishing you and Greg strength and love, these are very hard days for everyone and I so hope these kitties start improving for you. XOXOX

Wow, beautiful pic of the sky :love:

@Austina, wishing you safe travels and I hope you have a wonderful time! Ugh, what a pain you had to switch suitcases at the last minute. It's great Dottie was so happy to be at Tom's, I'm sure it gives you peace of mind that she loves being there.

@marcy, woo-hoo to having good form! Such a nice compliment. Sweet that your boss is on vacation, definitely makes for a more relaxed work environment! Good for you for figuring out a much more efficient way of doing that task...when are people going to learn they should listen to you? :D Great news that Marty has a couple of clients, and I wish him many more. That cloud pic is just gorgeous :love:LOL to Killer doing his lifting, impressive!

@Slick1, thinking of you and hoping you are doing ok and trying to enjoy the rest of your summer. I'm sorry you're feeling sad and angry right now, hard to fight those emotions and it does effect the ability to enjoy things. I hope you're feeling better soon. (((Hugs)))

@Calliecake, I hope you are feeling ok and are getting closer to a decision on the stone. I hope your adorable grandniece had a fantastic first day of school!

@AV_, hope you're making progress on your gardening...glad to hear you are enjoying it!

@Tekate, that food looks yummy! Love tex-mex.

Had a nice time down the shore. My friend is divorced and lives in a lovely apartment complex a block away from the beach. It rained one of the days but we had a good time just chatting and watching tv. Also went out to an Italian restaurant. I'm leaving for South Caroline tomorrow so I've been packing and cleaning since I got back.

Wishing everyone a good Friday, I will check in once I'm in SC! (((Hugs)))

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Hi Missy - I'm trying to read through all the posts. Thank you so much for enjoying my ring that Kate made for me! now I have to pay her, I'm going to try an app called Venmo. Tomorrow we are going to close on the land in Liberty Hill, so the big push will be to sell this house. The real estate lady is coming over next week to give us her opinion. We were just reappraised for 100K more which stinks but in another way it helps!.

Missy I believe also that stress burns calories, please keep eating your ice cream.. you need to keep up your strength. I hope Fred is doing well Missy hon. I'll be waiting for your reports from the endocrinologist Missy girl. I send you love Missy and the most strength I have to get through this. You are the best - you and Greg are wonderful.

@junebug17 Hi June, you have a wonderful son, he comes over and hangs with the mom, and btw I thought Stranger Things was great this season! hope you enjoyed it too. Are you going to SC?

@Calliecake Hi Callie, have you made a decision on the stones? How are you feeing and Callie, everything you experience is important to me - really, kidney stones are no joke. xo

@Austina Hi hope your eyes are feeling much better. We are closing tomorrow on the lot in Libery Hill, TX.. Mike is looking for homes in Cedar Park, Round Rock and Pflugerville as he drives 35 every day (which I hate that he has to) so he looks to try and get as close to 35 as he can. His lease is up next May so he's got lots of time to look. Bon Voyage! have a wonderful trip! pictures when you can Austina!

@marcy I hope Marty's back is much better now. I am sorry for all your losses in your life Marcy, I understand, the loss of people we love leaves a large, painful scar, a scar is a healing, but it's always there. Boy the gym is really coming together for Marty! sounds great to have customers lined up already Marcy.. Do you know what is wrong with Marty's back?

@Slick1 I am sorry that your surgery wasn't as helpful as your surgeon and you wanted, frankly it sucks. I miss my mom every day, every single day for 19 years.

@Mamabean lovely Volvo, just the right size for a dog to jump too! I hope David has loss some of his grump Joanne.. your grandson is adorable, he looks to be at the age when they experiment with everything, Autie is at the age where she sticks everything in her mouth. :)

Tomorrow we close on the lot in Liberty Hill, TX. Then maybe things here can calm down a bit. Chris is good as far as I know :) Mike and Cara and Autie are good, John is good, I'm good, no complaints. Safe Travels !! @Austina

I'm back home a day now and I'm tired. I will try to post some pix tomorrow. If you are on Instagram you saw them already :)

sending best happy thoughts for a happy Friday and weekend to my NIRDIS!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, who’d ever believe I’d hear “nice form” for lifting weights? Go figure. I hope Greg’s knee doesn’t give him too much trouble since he is putting off surgery. I agree though it would be really tough right now. That is good new Fred ate something today. Greg is a keeper all right. Nice you have your appointment over and had time for a ride and ice cream. Gorgeous picture of the sky.

Austina, how comforting to know Dottie will be happy while you guys are on vacation. Oh no that your case wouldn’t close. Glad you had another suitcase you could use. Have a safe and fun vacation.

Junebug, I think my employees just hear blah blah blah. I constantly tell them I’m lazy - I am always going to find the quickest way to do something because I just want to get it done and move on to something else. Your trip to the shore sounds like a relaxing and fun time. Darn that it rained while you were there. Enjoy going to SC.

Kate, good luck with getting things going on selling your house. Marty did go see a doctor about his back and the doctor thinks its muscular and rehab will eventually fix it. All the lifting and moving things for his gym really set him back for a while though. His gym does look nice. Thank you for your thoughts on loss, I know you understand. We get through it and carry on and treasure our all too brief time with those we love. Congratulations for closing tomorrow on the lot you are buying. I am not sure how to find you on Instagram; maybe you can tag me by finding me in Missy’s friends on there? I would love to see your pictures.

Thanks for liking the silly Killer Rabbit picture. I wish lifting would help my knees more but any slight improvement helps.

I picked up tacos for supper and plan on practicing my program for the astronomy meeting tomorrow night. It’s on galaxies.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls.

@junebug17 I am glad you had fun with your friend down the shore and it's nice even when it rains I agree. How nice that she lives a block from the beach. There is nothing more calming than hearing the ocean waves IMO and smelling the salt air. It's rejuvenating and relaxing and a sweet way to enjoy the moment. Please enjoy your time in SC and I hope the weather is beautiful for you. And thank you for all your continued good wishes. Hugs.

@Tekate good luck today closing on your Liberty Hill property. So exciting. Glad Mike, Cara, Autie and John and you are all well. I have to go check IG I am rarely on these days but do not want to miss your pics. Love your pics. Thanks for all your good wishes. I am eating ice cream as often as we can ride to Days. I think you are right that stress burns calories but omg if you saw our cleaning routine you would see why I am well in the double digits weight wise. Not even close to triple digits anymore. :(2 I know it is temporary but it might be months and months til the cats get better. I just pray they get better. Ringworm is no simple thing to deal with and who knew. I didn't even know anything about ringworm before July. Wish it could've stayed that way too.
Good luck with the sale of your other house and hope that goes smoothly and hope the closing goes smoothly today on the Liberty Hill place. Fingers crossed and sending you big hugs.

@marcy I hope that continued lifting will help your knees more. Just keep doing it and results are sure to follow. Yum to tacos for supper and have a good time at the astronomy meeting tonight. I love hearing about the galaxies or maybe that's just because the candy Milky Way comes to mind.:cheeky: Thanks for all your kind wishes and continued good thoughts and support. XO.

@Slick1 good luck today. Thinking of you and hoping it is all clear. Sending hugs and love your way. I'll contact you later to see how it went. (((Hugs))).

@Scandinavian how are you and your mom doing? Keeping good thoughts for you both and sending continued healing vibes your way. XOXO.

@canuk-gal any upcoming plans? Trips? Hope you are enjoying the rest of the summer and feeling well. (((Hugs))).

Hi @Calliecake hope you scheduled the appt to get rid of that stone and breaking it up goes easily. Sending you good thoughts. XO

@Austina sorry you had to change your suitcase at the last minute but glad Dottie is happy to be with Tom. I hope vacation is enjoyable and that your travels went smoothly. Most importantly have fun and enjoy. Hugs.

@AV_ what weekend plans do you have? Any lovely scenery pics to share with us? Hope your days and nights are going smoothly and all is well by you. XO.

@ringo865 thinking of you and hoping you are doing well. Sending continued healing vibes your way. Hugs.

@sarahb hey there girl, hope your summer is going well. Namer of the NIRDIs.:halo: Hugs.

So our days are pretty much the same give or take. Feed cats around 4AM then meds for cats. Orals and topicals. Clean Oliver's playpen while he is running around the bedroom for a few hours. Then we have coffee and breakfast and then start cleaning the house and we put Oliver back in his playpen while I clean the bedroom and he stays there til the next morning though Greg takes him out a couple of times throughout the day and plays with him.

This morning no one was excited to eat except for Oliver. I got Tommy and Bobby to eat and Greg got Oliver to eat.
Fred isn't eating again.:cry2: Not sure why because he ate yesterday and we did not give him Itrafungol for the past 2 days so that cannot be it.

My sister spoke to a vet derm yesterday. What happened was I called to make an appointment with this vet derm recommended by my sister. There is a 2 plus month wait because she is short a veterinarian and short staffed as well. Anyway the receptionist told me to have my sister call to at least talk to her and get some helpful advice about what we could do for the cats in the meantime.

So finally my sister and the vet derm both connected after 5PM yesterday. The bottom line is ringworm takes at least 2-3 months to clear and often longer. She said just make sure the vet office we are going to is doing the lime dips right. That was my fear because many offices don't do it correctly. So we are calling them today and hoping they are not insulted by my questioning because if they decide they don't want to treat our cats we might be out of luck as no other office around here even does lime dips.

My sister told me to call this vet derm next week because even though she is solidly booked for 2 months she is willing to talk to me about the cats. Which is very nice. Her office hours are Mon-Thurs so will try getting in touch with her next week. I am very nervous to call our current vet office to make sure they are doing the lime dips correctly because I one am worried they aren't and then we just wasted 4 weeks of treatment for all 4 cats and two am worried I will piss them off and they won't want to do the lime dips anymore as they only wanted to do 4 weeks of lime dips anyway. The vet derm said we need at least 2-3 months of lime dips. I am very nervous we won't be able to get them to do what is necessary. And now it's for sure not possible to head back to NYC for months. Who would have thought something like this would happen and last for so long?

We did ride yesterday and had Days Ice Cream and it was lovely weather. We are getting a heat wave next week and I think some rain is coming our way this weekend (90s plus for days in a row) so going to enjoy riding while we can. I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Friday. Hugs to you all.

Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 6.01.47 AM.png

and look at these colors. Beautiful colors in nature. Cycling by the sea.

Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 6.02.54 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello from Monte Carlo lovelies

As you can see the view and weather are glorious C5A15AA0-3B7B-4535-AA12-2266DF5FF0EF.jpeg

F24BD4B5-97A9-455D-998C-80F96095C338.jpeg

We should’ve realised that yesterday was going to be one of those days! Got on the plane, and waited ages to take off, we went round the run way, and I thought, hmm, we’ve already been round here. Turned out the plane taking off before us had a bird strike, so we couldn’t take off because they had to clear the runway of debris. Then it was 3pm, and who knew, they change the runway use at 3pm, so we had to go to the other side of the airport to another runway. Anyway, we did eventually take off, almost an hour late.

Whilst we were waiting to board I noticed a woman looking at me, and I thought I recognised her. When she walked past us on the plane, I realised that she was another Mum from Adam’s school. Shortly after that, I saw another lady boarding, and felt sure I recognised her. As she walked past, I said her name, and she turned to look, and it was a cruise director we’d sailed with before. Anyway, we chatted at the carousel, and she told us some awful news. For the last several years, we’ve met an older couple who spend every winter cruising, and we’ve quizzed together. We were surprised not to see them this year, and discovered that last year, whilst walking in their neighbourhood, Jerry had been hit by a car and killed. :(2 So sad and devastating for his wife.

I’m so sorry that Fred isn’t eating again @missy poor boy, and so worrying for you. I’m glad your sister has suggested the other vet derm, and hopefully you’ll get some more information from them that might help. I’m glad you’re able to still get in some cycling time and enjoying your ice cream. Please try and eat, you need the extra calories to deal with all this stress and cleaning work you’re having to do,

I’m so excited to hear all about your plans for your new house @Tekate, I assume the builder has numerous floor plans you can choose from and customise? So many choices to make, if you need any help, just ask, I’m sure we’d all love to throw in our 2 cents worth :P2

Hope your talk at the astrology meeting goes well @marcy, sounds really interesting.

Sounds like you had fun with your friend @junebug17 nice to get away for a few days, and safe travels to SC.

Sending big hugs to all the lovely NIRDIs, and wishing you a peaceful and calm weekend.

Will check in when the internet plays nice.

:wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls!
Just stopping by to say hello :kiss2: Same same here, my mother started round two of chemo this Tuesday. And since the children still are home from school, my hands are pretty full.
Huggggggggsssssss to you all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Caturday Saturday.

@Scandinavian thanks for checking in and sending your mom bucketloads of healing dust and hugs to you both. (((Hugs))).

@Austina beautiful scenery and enjoy your trip. Looks amazing. What an auspicious start and I am sure things are going to go more smoothly from hereon in for you guys. Rest, relax and have fun. XOXO

@Slick1 woohoo another one checked off the list and good news. Hopefully the rest of the summer is yours to relax and enjoy and with each day may you continue feeling better. Hugs.

Yesterday we got to cycle a lovely long ride and the weather was beautiful. We enjoyed Days Ice Cream too. That evening the vet dermatologist (Dr P) called me (how nice is she) and while she is very short staffed with no openings she spent 20 minutes on the phone with me and confirmed everything we were doing is correct. She also said that she agreed with me giving them (with the exception of Fred) Itrafungol every day and not to pulse dose it as that might cause relapses. So she confirmed that we were doing the best we can. Unfortunately she feels it might be a virulent strain and she has had cats have it for years. Since we are in a multi cat household and I am susceptible to skin issues that would be almost impossible to live with for years so we are praying it doesn't come to that. We are going to continue the lime dips (hoping the local vet agrees to do it as long as we need to because if she won't then we are in a HUGE pickle) and Itrafungol for all except Fred and we will take it day by day with Fred. We could try Terbinafine another oral med for Fred but it also has the side effect of not eating and chances are he would stop eating with that anti fungal as well. But we won't know unless we try so I am going to get Terbinafine and try it with him. Need an RX so will wait til their Tuesday lime dip and ask the local vet we are seeing.

Dr P said I probably know more about ringworm than most vets and maybe even most vet dermatologists. LOL that thought does not comfort me at all. She did say she thinks it would be a good idea to try seeing a local vet dermatologist (she is over an hour away and is solidly booked) and to that end we do actually have an appt at Red Bank Animal Hospital with a vet derm end of August but he doesn't seem that amazing so not sure we are going to follow through with that. His bedside manner is lacking (according to the vet derm I spoke with last night) but she feels he is a decent derm. I am not sure it is worth dragging all 4 cats to just a "decent" derm since we are already doing what we can for the cats. It's just I don't want to leave any stone unturned so that is why I made the appt. We shall see.

Fred wouldn't move out of his bed this AM so I brought food over to him and he ate some. But he is super weak and looks just terrible. The fungus continues to spread on ALL of the cats. I just don't know if we are all going to get through this. One day at a time and just trying to do the best we can and hope for the best but I am prepared for the worst. Though the very worst would be an unimaginable nightmare so pushing that out of my mind. We have 3 adult cats who are very sick with ringworm who are not improving. I shudder to think this could be it. Oliver is also not improving but he is young and hopefully his immune system will kick in soon. Hoping and praying.

Thanks for reading and for listening to me go on and on about this. I hope everyone is enjoying a lovely weekend and sending you all hugs and love.

Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 5.14.45 AM.png

and little Patient Zero this morning. Jolly Ollie. He is precious despite wreaking all this havoc upon our household. Not his fault. Poor sweet baby. He's been isolated from the others for weeks and weeks.

Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 5.16.09 AM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I've been circling NIRDI not knowing what to say! I get to stay here for the foreseable future, which is what I wanted. I have a grant to keep doing my work quite on my own terms. The only difference between this and Heaven is time - I need to be thinking of what comes next, if not today ,)
The 'jungle' is almost gone - just some tree prunning left, which I think I can do too; I am in the mood for taking big things down!

@missy I don't think I could do what you are doing ,(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been circling NIRDI not knowing what to say! I get to stay here for the foreseable future, which is what I wanted. I have a grant to keep doing my work quite on my own terms. The only difference between this and Heaven is time - I need to be thinking of what comes next, if not today ,)
The 'jungle' is almost gone - just some tree prunning left, which I think I can do too; I am in the mood for taking big things down!

@AV_ that is wonderful news. Congratulations! That you get to stay where you want for the foreseeable future and that your grant allows you to work on your own terms. That is a dream. I am thrilled for you. You deserve everything wonderful. Heaven on earth.

And as for doing what we are doing I believe if it was necessary you and everyone here would do the same as we are.

My biggest concerns are
1. that all our cats will not make it through this (or g-d forbid none of them will make it through this)
and
2. that if Greg or I become severely affected we are up the creek in terms of what to do with the cats.
These are my 2 biggest fears in that order.

But as always taking it one day at a time and praying that we can all get through this and go on to enjoy better days. All this and still missing Francesca desperately. Not a day goes by I am not crying over my little girl. My sweet Frankie.

frankiewakingupslowly.jpg

Frankie At Sunset.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Jeez this is a conundrum. I suppose for now just keep on keeping on. SO sorry Missy all of this has rained down on you and Greg, Ollie is adorable. I send you my firm belief that you will conquer this horrible ringworm. I believe you and Greg are wonderful parents to these beautiful kittens and you are doing the best anyone can do. xoxoxo

@Austina now that we own the property I believe the builder we have chosen will show us more home schematics, this little teeny subdivision is all buy land, bring your builder, so there is one plan of his I really like as does John but he's built in already in the back of the place so we will be in touch with James the builder and put our heads together. Added: I love Monte Carlo it's magical I think.. saw the most fantastic, cool EXPENSIVE sports cars there a year ago. :) have fun.

Happy Caturday, Saturday, Rainy day, to you all.

xo

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Kate, good luck with getting things going on selling your house. Marty did go see a doctor about his back and the doctor thinks its muscular and rehab will eventually fix it. All the lifting and moving things for his gym really set him back for a while though. His gym does look nice. Thank you for your thoughts on loss, I know you understand. We get through it and carry on and treasure our all too brief time with those we love. Congratulations for closing tomorrow on the lot you are buying. I am not sure how to find you on Instagram; maybe you can tag me by finding me in Missy’s friends on there? I would love to see your pictures.

Thanks for liking the silly Killer Rabbit picture. I wish lifting would help my knees more but any slight improvement helps.

I picked up tacos for supper and plan on practicing my program for the astronomy meeting tomorrow night. It’s on galaxies.

Take care.
Marcy

@marcy Hi Marcy, thank you, your words were beautiful, it is treasure and we lose it quickly and carry it till our turn I suppose (or my turn really) :) SOO glad that Marty will be able to go to rehab and build the muscles in his back, I hurt my back so bad once I couldn't stand up, I tell you what cured it was wearing a constant ice pack (no lie) on my lower back, I think I froze it out.. I remember I had the first parent teacher conference with Christopher's 1st grade teacher and I showup with my butt looking like I had a bustle on, but I needed relief from the pain, she and I got along splendidly and are still acquaintances today and I was 1st grade homeroom MOM! sending healing dust to Marty. xo ADDED I will look for you in Missy's Insta friends.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:wavey::wavey:

I just had to add a note to all the NIRDI's here & wish everyone a happy weekend....all your projects, business building, travels, house building, activities etc sound great & I wish everyone here the best. @missy, have been reading & your troubles sound terrible & I hope everyone recovers fully. One day you ALL will be on the other side...you deserve a big something once this thing is over...what an ordeal!! Keep your chin up!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sarahb aw you are tops SarahB keep coming I"m gonna be building a house next year with all the NIRDI's input!

And yup we all have troubles, but we all are in this life together :)

:wavey::wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NIRDI shout out!:wavey:

Had a decent ride today--the weather cooperated (not being as cold as predicted) so it was good. But I over dressed. Anyway. At least my WF diamond wedding band sparkled like mad!

Our summer weather has been really disappointing. Cooler and wetter than I like. I think there was a frost warning overnight! And I walked to work the other day and it was chilly!! Overnight was 7 C.:evil:

Celebrated a family BD last night out and had a gorgeous meal. I had fun for a change. LOL

I hope all NIRDIs are doing well (and for those enduring trials, as well as you can). I am praying for all, and my sister is chanting for ya'll as well.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats on your grant AV!!! And on the yardwork, too.:mrgreen2:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, love the picture of Ollie. He is so cute. I bet it’s hard for you to keep weight on with all the cleaning you are doing everyday. That is work! I hope all of the kitties and you and Greg get over ringworm sooner rather than later. That is nice of that other vet to call you and it’s good to know she agrees with what you are doing. Hoping for the best and taking things one day at a time is a good approach. Big Hugs to all of you. Beautiful picture of the ocean, sky and clouds. I thought last night I should have picked up mini Milky Ways for the meeting. We did have mini Cokes to hand out though.

Austina, Monte Cristo is gorgeous. I hope you are enjoying yourselves. That is too bad you sat on the runway for a while before taking off. Ugh. How completely awful about Jerry being killed by being hit by a car while going for a walk. That is really sad.

Scandi, I hope your mom is doing well with her second round of chemo. Big Hugs to you and her.

AV, nice that you get to stay there and woo hoo to the jungle almost being gone. I was going to deadhead my flowers today but it’s crazy windy today so I decided it could wait.

Kate, ironic that you mention when it’s our turn - with my thoughts recently I was thinking I don’t want Marty to deal with losing me. I worry about how he’d handle it but I guess we all do what we have to do. Back pain is awful, I swear those constant ice packs have to freeze parts of our body. I use aspercreme a lot. I’m too cold blooded to stand ice packs for long. That is way cool you are still friends with Chris’s first grade teacher. Awesome. How exciting to be in the planning stages of picking out a plan for your house and then customizing it. We went back and forth between 2 plans when we were building and I’m glad we went the way to we did. This place is too big for the 2 of us but I love that we can totally get away from each other and the guest bedrooms are completely on the opposite side of the house. My SIL says she has her own guest wing when she visits.

Hi Sarahb. How have you been?

Sharon, I saw somewhere in British Columbia had a foot of snow. Nooooooo!!!! Our summer has been cooler and wetter than normal. Nice that your WF wedding band sparkled like crazy on your ride. Is it a new band?

My talk on galaxies went well last night. With pretty pictures from the Hubble telescope the program almost takes care of itself.

Marty continues doing things on his gym plus is trying to get my little spot set up downstairs. I helped out and swept up saw dust and other assorted messes. I an’t find the dust pan though - the tall muscular guy isn’t know for putting things back where they go. I just ordered 2 dust pans from Amazon. Ha!

I ordered groceries to pick up first thing today but then forgot about a dozen things so went grocery shopping this morning. It was a quick in and out though. I also needed fuel and some cash so ran those errands. We went out for lunch. I got my hair cut this afternoon and then lifted when I got home from the salon,

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results