shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me the handbags

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking about your beautiful trocadero. Are you using it?
I use it when I go to business meetings a few times a year.
It really is a little too big. I prefer a petite purse.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They aren’t making that style anymore which stinks..because I LOVE that bag...The bag is in great condition too..but I won’t use it the way it is..I think I will look and see if I can find a pre-loved one..:cry2:

Is it possible to find another person to remove the glue and repair correctly?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it possible to find another person to remove the glue and repair correctly?
The problem is the edges shouldn’t be raw and I don’t think anyone could do it like LV..and it would bother me to have anyone do it. I’m going to donate it and hope they come out with a crossbody that’s roomy that I love..

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This winter I carried the Strathberry MC Nano in leopard calf hair - bought secondhand bc I wasn't exactly sure how the size was going to work out. The size worked out fine but the materials... ehhhh. I hope what they are currently making is better than this bag from late 2016 because it would not be worth the price point. I'm not even going to take a picture of mine because so much of the fur rubbed off.

14156211_1799720656936789_1530188120_n.jpg

Back to carrying the JW Anderson Pierce, which I'm still totally obsessed with. I have it in three colors. Disappointed that they've apparently discontinued it now. I know it was a super trendy piece and the trend is over now but I'm not over it, lol. After buying my first Pierce, I thought maybe I was a handbag person now, but after having looked at a lot of handbags and taken the Strathberry for a test run, I can confirm that I pretty much just like this one, and other than that don't particularly want to spend money on bags. Just the right amount of edginess, big enough to stuff in a water bottle or playbill, but not so big as to be excessive. Nice shoulder strap and you can attach a crossbody if you want.

The original release of them didn't come with crossbody straps but I bought a chain strap online. The funniest thing was when I told my husband and I said, "Oh, look at this gold chain I bought to carry my purse," and he, being well-trained in the ways of pricescopers, assumed it was REAL GOLD and I had maybe just spent thousands of dollars on a purse strap. When in reality I had bought it on ebay for like $1.97 with free shipping. I don't think he knows how much the purse cost though, but that's ok.

I've got it in orange, tan (brown? I think they call it tan though it looks brown to me), and black (not pictured). I'd like it in a few more colors so I'm keeping an eye on the secondhand market to see what pops up.

IMG_3460.jpg IMG_4860.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone near the beginning of the thread asked about Henri Bendel. I don't think I was even aware of Henri Bendel until I watched Gossip Girl, by which time it was already well into its fall into teenybopper costume jewelry and following trends rather than creating them and whatnot. But I do have this belt bag for when I'll be walking around a lot.

EJIZ5OEgFBqv.jpg

I also have this wallet, which Gucci calls a "card case" in defiance of all logic. I bought it because of the color even though I was looking for something a lot smaller. So I put a lot of the miscellaneous extras that float around in my purse in the center zip area - lipstick, chapstick, earplugs, earphones, and nail clippers. It actually turned out to greatly reduce purse clutter.

11571585.jpeg gucci-GREEN-Gg-Marmont-Quilted-leather-Wallet.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I carry a Louis Vuitton every day because once I start carrying a purse, I am too lazy to switch and one day I finally started to use mine. I believe I got it used from the Real Real. I had had a new one with a matching belt that I got in an LV store, but had never worn the belt or carried the purse. No one who was not into high fashion would have known it was a Louis Vuitton, because it was a rose patent leather type fabric. Rose/lilac color. I decided I might as well get something that screamed, "Yes, I am part of the club" like every other woman in my town. Now with an LV logo purse I match every other purse carried here. I have no idea what the model is called, but it is just the right size for me with a zipper and side pockets I can tuck something into if I want. I carry a lot in my purse.

I still have a fabulous orange leather Balenciaga in its dust bag. I really should let it out, but I cannot transfer all my "stuff" from one purse to another.

AGBF

Edited to add a photo I found on the 'net of what I believe is my purse. The photo was labelled the LV Monogram Totally MM Bag. It was actually quite hard to find among all the many LV purse images!

LVTotallyMMBag.jpg

Last edited:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I carry a Louis Vuitton every day because once I start carrying a purse, I am too lazy to switch

Same. Except for things like weddings or going on hikes, I carry the same purse every day for somewhere between 1-3 years. My energy when choosing accessories goes into the jewelry, lol.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gave my LV to my niece who's in law school. I have some vintage coach bags that were made in the US *when they did that type of thing* which I love to carry daily. Perfect beater bags (well they're perfectly fine being beat upon!!) and they still look really nice. I have a couple of chanel evening bags (one of which I found at a thrift store of all places!)

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My humble Hermes handbag collection.

I also have a Kelly long wallet and a Bearn wallet as well as a Chanel Classic but am too lazy to take another pic, lol. My LV collection used to be huge, but I have sold or given away most of them. I sold 2 Kellys - a Vert Anis in Fjord, a Fauve Tadelakt - several years ago and still have seller's remorse to this day.

Would love to get a Birkin or Kelly in crocodile at some point - dunno when though.

Hermes Collection.jpg
@Phoenix you have a fabulous collection. Mind sharing tips for nabbing one of these beauties! I have been wanting one for years. The only time I visited a boutique and they had one available it was the crocodile and more than I was comfortable spending. We don't have a local shop so it is really hard/impossible to establish a relationship with an SA.

Not sure if they have The Container Store where you are overseas, but these are amazing I started to add them to my bags last year and they really help prevent some of the "slouching" they get from sitting on the shelf.
https://www.containerstore.com/s/cl...-quilted-purse-shapers/12d?productId=10032637

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking of purchasing a long strap to convert my black leather satchel into a crossbody because I find that I'm not into satchels anymore. Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice strap that easily attaches to existing metal brackets? The strap can't be a metal chain because those dig into my shoulders.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The two blings flap are personally stressed with Swarovski crystal be me.

I don't know what that means, MomInStyle. I know nothing about Chanel. But I absolutely love them to pieces. Please tell me about them!

Deb/AGBF

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I love looking at these bags! I hope you don’t mind my contribution. I’m a little weary of what bags I share on the internet, but here is vintage Chanel I inherited and love very much:

C134F756-B067-4A09-ACF6-7304B8BDD7D3.jpeg

Chanel is my favorite brand although I’ve dabbled with a couple Guccis and have 1 LV =)2

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9C8954F0-D8DB-4E3F-808D-A1EEEA5A57BD.jpeg Sharing my flap family. The two blings flap are personally stressed with Swarovski crystal be me. Those two bags were only 1 or 2x a year. The black is more of classic and everyday use.

I am more interested in the Hermes Constance I see in the background! That's my favorite Hermes bag by far.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am more interested in the Hermes Constance I see in the background! That's my favorite Hermes bag by far.

I couldn't help but notice that bag myself (not that I knew it was a Constance), but frankly, I loved the blingy Chanel bags. ;))

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I default to Longchamp totes. They hold everything and are super lightweight. All my nicer bags seem to weigh so freaking much, especially when I get a water bottle involved.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with you @Tonks; I need lightweight. I am trying this for the summer to force myself to not carry the kitchen sink with me. Not exactly high end but pretty expensive considering it's straw. 20190524_094014.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Memorial Day has passed so time to bring out my white summer bag. I had this Coach LE Hampton for at least 10 years and still love it. I do spot clean it at the end of the season but it has held up really well and looks almost new.
IMG_20190528_133234.jpg

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have too many, so I'll confine myself to ones bought in the last couple of years. But the regular Neverfull is older than that.
20181015_102611.jpg 20181025_223252.jpg DSC_3310.JPG 20180511_170440.jpg 20181025_122358.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results