shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That bracelet is beautiful, Mamabean. I love it.

Deb :wavey:
Well..my bracelet is okay but definitely not the same quality..or close..to the bracelet I had. It feels cheap..and the bars keep kinking which is annoying... I ran it through my Maganasonic and the diamonds tried to sparkle..a little..
Now I really miss my bracelet..I can’t return it so...:(2

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
17 1/2 weeks to survive school. Two classes this quarter plus one next quarter in addition to the year long capstone project. I am ready to quit. I can't handle much more. Sitting here so angry and frustrated I am crying.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@TooPatient Try to take one day at a time. Don’t think about how many weeks you have to do..just focus on the day. In the scheme of a long life this is just a blip... and you will be glad you continued and didn’t give up. It won’t always be like this..Make sure you add in some fun too even if you have to plan it and put it on your calendar. You can do it...:kiss2:

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
TooPatinet, Girl you've Worked too Hard to Quit Now, don't Give up the end is closer than you think. Like Mammabean said One Day at a Time. I Know you Can Do It ! Sending you hugs xo

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean and @Cluless thank you! Today was rough. It turned out to be a crazy email error rather than intentional so that helped. It is still frustrating that the group I am stuck with has done enough openly hostile towards me that I thought today was just more of the same. I'll make it. Just have to keep going.

I am going to a concert the last day of this quarter and making plans for a fun trip to Vegas for after I finish. Life is too short to not make time for fun!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean and @Cluless thank you! Today was rough. It turned out to be a crazy email error rather than intentional so that helped. It is still frustrating that the group I am stuck with has done enough openly hostile towards me that I thought today was just more of the same. I'll make it. Just have to keep going.

I am going to a concert the last day of this quarter and making plans for a fun trip to Vegas for after I finish. Life is too short to not make time for fun!
I’m so happy you feel better. We all have days like that..and it makes us stronger when we plow through and things eventually work out. Don’t let mean people steal your sunshine..:kiss2:

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry you had a rough day toopatient, I echo everything mamabean said above. Don`t let others get in your way.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
17 1/2 weeks to survive school. Two classes this quarter plus one next quarter in addition to the year long capstone project. I am ready to quit. I can't handle much more. Sitting here so angry and frustrated I am crying.

@TooPatient you are a strong woman and you are going to get through this challenge and not only get through it but excel. You can and will do it. As @Mamabean wrote One Day at a Time. You have been through more challenging times than this and you will succeed and overcome this challenge too. Sending you hugs and so many good wishes and lots of love. You got this.

yougotitdudette.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amen to that! If there is one thing I have learned in my old(er) age it's just that. Life can be hard. Life is challenging. But it is sweet too and we must experience the joy and live in the moment and realize each day is a gift. It's not always an easy thing to do living in the moment but it's worth it.
Hugs.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phone cord stuck in the track of my car seat? No problem! I'll just pull over in this parking lot, pop open the door, put my foot out for balance, peek down there, and free the cord. And then... I slipped on the ice, landed on my hand, elbow, knee and FACE, and then somehow flipped onto my back and half under the SUV. WTF. My only consolation is that I don't think anyone saw me fall under my own damn car. #feelingstupid... and bruised

Oh. And the fvcking cord is still stuck.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Phone cord stuck in the track of my car seat? No problem! I'll just pull over in this parking lot, pop open the door, put my foot out for balance, peek down there, and free the cord. And then... I slipped on the ice, landed on my hand, elbow, knee and FACE, and then somehow flipped onto my back and half under the SUV. WTF. My only consolation is that I don't think anyone saw me fall under my own damn car. #feelingstupid... and bruised

Omg! :eek2: I hope you’re okay!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay OMG I"m so sorry! :(2 That sounds like something I'm totally capable of doing, but if I did, I'd be in the hospital most likely. We have so much ice out now, I'm so afraid of making another fall like last year. Take care!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Dee*Jay, omg that is awful, you must have been so scared...don't feel stupid, ice is so treacherous. I really hope you're ok. (((Hugs)))

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh @Dee*Jay are you okay??? Once you hit that ice there is literally nothing you can do and it happens in an second. Don’t feel stupid. Where we live it happens to all of us.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Dee*Jay OMG that is totally something I have done in the past. Klutz with a capital K is who I am.
I am relieved you are A OK. Now to prevent further mishaps you need these boots.

075336F7-7459-421E-9C5A-5CC95FC18F65.jpeg

E084C763-4619-4053-A988-E5D3E45AB8A9.jpeg

You will never slip on ice again.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mamabean, Lyra, Junebug, Callie and Missy -- thank you for your support... and for not making me feel even stupider than I already do! This morning TR's 9 year old was like "How'd you get that big scrape on your face?" :rolleyes: You can't explain stuff like this to a kid; kids fall down and bounce back up like Gumby! Me: I fall down, go buuuum, need Blue Cross Blue Shield!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Eek! I hope you're ok.
I once fell on my a$$ under the Kaufmann's clock.
Slipped on ice, while wearing my vintage cashmere swing coat and stupid spike heeled, pointy toe dress boots. And everybody saw.:lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mamabean, Lyra, Junebug, Callie and Missy -- thank you for your support... and for not making me feel even stupider than I already do! This morning TR's 9 year old was like "How'd you get that big scrape on your face?" :roll You can't explain stuff like this to a kid; kids fall down and bounce back up like Gumby! Me: I fall down, go buuuum, need Blue Cross Blue Shield!
@Dee*Jay In no way did that sound goofy..just that darn ice is so bad! I’ll share a truly goofy..Lucille Ball experience I had. I was opening my car door and somehow hit myself above the eye with the edge of the door...and I’m 5’4.5 inches..so not short..I have no idea how I did it..but I hit the door so hard that I stunned myself! I stood there with blood dripping down my over eye...This was across the street from the hospital so a nurse was in the parking lot..and rushed over.. She said I needed a stitch but I had to get home for my son so I butterflied it myself! Now THAT’s goofy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay In no way did that sound goofy..just that darn ice is so bad! I’ll share a truly goofy..Lucille Ball experience I had. I was opening my car door and somehow hit myself above the eye with the edge of the door...and I’m 5’4.5 inches..so not short..I have no idea how I did it..but I hit the door so hard that I stunned myself! I stood there with blood dripping down my over eye...This was across the street from the hospital so a nurse was in the parking lot..and rushed over.. She said I needed a stitch but I had to get home for my son so I butterflied it myself! Now THAT’s goofy!

Ok well if we are sharing Lucille Ball goofy stories I’m queen of the klutz and kooky so move over @Mamabean and @Dee*Jay :lol:

Greg and I were dating and cycling on our separate bicycles together at the shore and at the end of the ride we headed on the bikes to his good friend’s (now my good friend too) house and we rode up the driveway where he was working on his car. And we stopped and I was standing still and fell over with the bike. Lol cannot make this stuff up. I got very bloody. Both knees torn up quite badly and it took 20 minutes of first aid. Thank goodness both R and Greg were Eagle Scouts when they were younger. I was a mess. And greg married me anyway. I always say he knew exactly what he was getting into with me. I was an open book and overtly klutzy our whole dating time together. I kept no secrets. :lol:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh geez @Mamabean , that sounded painful!:(2 I've fallen so many times in public. I'm just a klutz. I hate when I draw a crowd though. That's the worst. They want to force you to your feet when you're sitting or laying there stunned and in pain. Give me a minute. :eek2: I'm going to get the cleated boots Missy has, next year.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh geez @Mamabean , that sounded painful!:(2 I've fallen so many times in public. I'm just a klutz. I hate when I draw a crowd though. That's the worst. They want to force you to your feet when you're sitting or laying there stunned and in pain. Give me a minute. :eek2: I'm going to get the cleated boots Missy has, next year.

Oh that’s so true. I forgot my most recent and very public embarrassing klutzy accident. We were at Costco just outside getting the carts and I was just walking and another lady bumped into me. And knocked me clear over. It was super embarrassing. And of course she was properly apologetic as she wasn’t looking but omg I was knocked over from just a little bump. Super embarrassing. And yup I got bloody from that fall. Lol like I said can’t make this stuff up. I am queen klutz :oops2: Not a title I want. :knockout:

Oh wait I left the best part out. While I was on the ground she and her friend were going oooh over my boots. Yup. Complimenting my boots (they are gorgeous) all while apologizing and trying to help me up and making sure I was ok. :lol:

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok well if we are sharing Lucille Ball goofy stories I’m queen of the klutz and kooky so move over @Mamabean and @Dee*Jay :lol:

Greg and I were dating and cycling on our separate bicycles together at the shore and at the end of the ride we headed on the bikes to his good friend’s (now my good friend too) house and we rode up the driveway where he was working on his car. And we stopped and I was standing still and fell over with the bike. Lol cannot make this stuff up. I got very bloody. Both knees torn up quite badly and it took 20 minutes of first aid. Thank goodness both R and Greg were Eagle Scouts when they were younger. I was a mess. And greg married me anyway. I always say he knew exactly what he was getting into with me. I was an open book and overtly klutzy our whole dating time together. I kept no secrets. :lol:
Oh no...:lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that’s so true. I forgot my most recent and very public embarrassing klutzy accident. We were at Costco just outside getting the carts and I was just walking and another lady bumped into me. And knocked me clear over. It was super embarrassing. And of course she was properly apologetic as she wasn’t looking but omg I was knocked over from just a little bump. Super embarrassing. And yup I got bloody from that fall. Lol like I said can’t make this stuff up. I am queen klutz :oops2: Not a title I want. :knockout:

Oh wait I left the best part out. While I was on the ground her and her friend were going oooh over my boots. Yup. Complimenting my boots (they are gorgeous) all while apologizing and trying to help me up and making sure I was ok. :lol:
I’m sorry you got hurt...but it is funny about the boots..
When I was working in New York a looooooonnng time ago..I was going out to lunch with my friend. We were crossing a huge street/intersection. My heel caught in the pot hole cover and I fell over ripping my stockings..My friend couldn’t stop laughing enough to help me up. It had stopped traffic..It was so embarrassing...She apologized that she just thought it was funny that I ripped my stockings..:roll

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well OK... if we're sharing other embarrassing stories... I was hiking with friends on Camelback Mountain. There was a steep place with super slick tiny little pea gravel and my feet went right out from under me. I landed flat on my butt with my hands at my sides. I got up and did the Same Exact Thing Two More Times. It was like a cartoon. Feet Flying. Go Down. Stand up. Feet flying. Go Down. Stand Up. Feet Flying. Go Down.

My friend was laughing so hard she was afraid she was going to pee herself. No help whatsoever.

I was picking gravel out of my hands for days.

There are SO many stories like this I'd be too mortified to post them all, LOL.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg @Dee*Jay You reminded me of my most embarrassing klutz moment. I was in a Michaels craft store. I went down the stairs to look around and on my way back up I tripped and fell over onto the floor as I was leaving the stairs..People asked me if I was okay and I told them I was fine...thank you....I scraped up my dignity and did some shopping on that floor...I decided to go back downstairs to get something I saw...and on my way back up I fell again..flat on my face in the same place. I think at this point people thought I was drunk because no one came over to ask if I was alright and help me up. They just left me there and I was lying there for what felt like an eternity. I evidently don’t lift my leg up high enough because I trip all the time going up my stairs at home.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another klutz story.
Years ago, I was walking across the street in downtown Pittsburgh.
It was a brick street that still had trolley car tracks set into it. (Grant St., for anyone who knows Pgh.)
I was walking arm in arm with a new boyfriend. I was wearing spike heeled shoes with ankle straps. My heel got stuck in the trolley track and came off my foot, but the shoe was still hanging on by the ankle strap.
We were in the middle of the street and then the light changed and we had to hurry across. And me, with my shoe attached to my ankle. Gah!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 93 year old mom had a funny story..She said this was during the depression and she had a homemaking class when she was in school..lol...where they had to bring in material to make bloomers..a/k/a panties..The only material her mom had were from old flowered curtains. The material was bright yellow with pink flowers on them. One day years after that she ran out of underwear so remembered she had these panties in her drawer and she wore them that day. She was getting off the bus and slipped off the step. She landed on her back with her dress over her head and her flowered parties in full view. :lol-2:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These stories are all priceless! And I really thing we are all related somehow... :cheeky:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
These stories are all priceless! And I really thing we are all related somehow... :cheeky:
Just because we love jewelry..it doesn’t mean we’re graceful! :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well not to try taking the Queen Klutz title but who can forget (I can't lol) when I couldn't de-clip my left foot out of the pedal when we got a flat on the tandem and crunch broke the bones. And as I was laying in the middle of the road (busy road) foot still attached to our bike in quite the (literally) twisted fashion my dh comes over to me and says honey are you OK? We have to get out of the road. LOL yeah I know but I am attached to the bike and I cannot move my leg cause it's broken and I am still attached to the pedal. Not a pretty sight. Good times. :lol:

Yes I think so too. I think it's either that we 1. are so focused on our bling we don't pay attention to our surroundings (but I dont wear any bling cycling so that doesn't work for me) or 2. we love bling to get our minds off our klutziness. 8) :cool2:

My 93 year old mom had a funny story..She said this was during the depression and she had a homemaking class when she was in school..lol...where they had to bring in material to make bloomers..a/k/a panties..The only material her mom had were from old flowered curtains. The material was bright yellow with pink flowers on them. One day years after that she ran out of underwear so remembered she had these panties in her drawer and she wore them that day. She was getting off the bus and slipped off the step. She landed on her back with her dress over her head and her flowered parties in full view. :lol-2:

Oh my :geek2:. At least they were pretty panties. I mean who doesn't love flowers? They were good enough for Scarlett...:P2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results