shape
carat
color
clarity

Possible Meridian,Idaho get together...

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
at High Performance Diamonds... imagine oogling Crafted by Infinity diamonds :love::love::love:

@Wink as someone who lives in the Deep South, I’m going to need some weather guidance on when is the best time to fly into Boise.

This thread is open to all comments and ideas.

@KristinTech @cflutist @Dancing Fire

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother lives about an hour away in Garden Valley so this could be a good reason to visit her... Or maybe I could just go to the GTG and not tell her I'm in the area... :lol:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother lives about an hour away in Garden Valley so this could be a good reason to visit her... Or maybe I could just go to the GTG and not tell her I'm in the area... :lol:

You would be safe an hour away. I sometimes try that at my other house, but it is about 5 minutes away on a busy street, so I always get caught lol.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My brother and my neice's families both live in Nampa Idaho.

We visited Wink the last time we were there about 7 years ago. Got to see CBI eye candy.

Hubby and I are game but need lots of advance notice as we have five cruises booked right now.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Summer 2019? 2020? Or maybe winter—who’s up for skiing?! :lol:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
at High Performance Diamonds... imagine oogling Crafted by Infinity diamonds :love::love::love:

@Wink as someone who lives in the Deep South, I’m going to need some weather guidance on when is the best time to fly into Boise.

This thread is open to all comments and ideas.

@KristinTech @cflutist @Dancing Fire

I personally love mid to late summer for water sports, mid to late September for sheer beauty and pleasant warm days and crisp evenings, mid Spring when the weather is good and the tulips, caucus and daffodils are brightening up the day. Winter is fun for skiing, but it can be too cold for many.

Of course, any time of year and any weather is best for looking at diamonds, especially the CBI diamonds that you will find at High Performance Diamonds. If the weather is good we can look inside or outside, and if there are torrential rains or massive snowstorms or super hot days, then we can look inside.

If anyone wants to drop by at any time, please give me some notice and I will make sure we can have a meal at my home, something on the Traeger regardless of the season or weather, and plenty of time to play with sparky things.

If a group of you want to come we will make it even more fun. Depending on the time of year, we can organize a float trip down the Payette River, sightseeing around my beautiful hometown of Boise, and of course, an educational day centered around the incredible Crafted by Infinity diamonds. It will include a hands on training on using the ASET and Ideal-scope viewers, both the professional and the hand held versions. From there we can develop a program based on the stated wishes of those attending.

Perhaps we can bring in a guest speaker if there are at least ten people willing to make the trek into Boise. I have a couple in mind, first choice will always be John Pollard if it can be arranged, as he is both the Executive Director for CBI in the United States, but he is a former educator who brings an incredible ability to make complex concepts seem almost intuitive.

Let me know when you want to come, and bring friends! Let's have some fun.

Wink

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Checking flights for Boise now. =)2=)2=)2

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like so much fun. I have a cruise September 2019 but I believe that is all I have on the calendar for the next year.

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Would September this year be too soon for people? I'm looking at the weekend of September 22nd. Would also be our one year anniversary. On second thought that might be dangerous financially speaking. :razz:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would September this year be too soon for people? I'm looking at the weekend of September 22nd. Would also be our one year anniversary. On second thought that might be dangerous financially speaking. :razz:

That’s a birthday weekend, so no go for me. Happy anniversary!!

But there is no reason we can’t have more than one get together there, I assume. Lol.

I’m available October/November 2018

And then like February/March/April/May of 2019

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well going with what @Wink said the later months might not be the best weather wise but March or April next year would also work for me.

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Actually the weather in October doesn't look terrible. A brisk 65 high. Probably too cold for the river but not so bad.

@whitewave and @Wink could you do that weekend in the middle of the month? The weekend of the 14th?

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to attend. I grew up in southern Idaho and am still in the PNW. WooHoo, something local-ish!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, middle of October would work. I just have to check parents weekends at colleges...

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would LOVE to go! But unfortunately, I'm currently teaching high school, so I'm stuck with the traditional school holidays for travel options. :(2

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want come, I want to come! :appl:
I’ve heard it’s virtually impossible to get a hotel room during the Boise Broncos football season. (Sept|Oct) Summer 2019?

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I’d love to make it to a get together sometime, but I would have to bring my 4 year old daughter.

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I want come, I want to come! :appl:
I’ve heard it’s virtually impossible to get a hotel room during the Boise Broncos football season. (Sept|Oct) Summer 2019?

Not to entirely thread jack, but it looks like it's a Broncos away game that October 14th weekend and hotels are pretty reasonable. Also, I don't know if I can wait a whole year given how excited I am. :)

I’d love to make it to a get together sometime, but I would have to bring my 4 year old daughter.

I'll have to bring a 6 year old if we go. Not sure how Wink feels about having kids in the shop. :)

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If I go I know Wink will empty my wallet before I leave. :whistle:

I thought your wallet was already being emptied into the 3 carat Octavia fund. :)

By the way, if we go, I'll bring our 8mm Octavia WinkCZs so you can have a preview.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would LOVE to go! But unfortunately, I'm currently teaching high school, so I'm stuck with the traditional school holidays for travel options. :(2

@natasha-cupcake I just wanted to tell you that your SMTB thread this year was the one that had me seriously considering a CBI with my jewelry fund! You said something like, “the diamond looks ‘happy,’ if that’s possible.” I thought that was such a neat way to describe a diamond! :idea:

And btw, my oldest just entered high school TODAY! I’ve got to spend this slush fund before the college bills come, lol.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My in-laws (outlaws) moved to Idaho in 1994 when I first met DH. My best chance at a meet up would be summer, but I don’t even own a CBI diamond yet, so I’m not important in the planning! I’m sure my MIL would love to see us any old time we’d show up.

Our 20th is coming up in fall 2020, so this is part of my master plan of the “starter superideals” thread— to get a seed started and grow it once or twice before the big bump in 2020! :)

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@natasha-cupcake I just wanted to tell you that your SMTB thread this year was the one that had me seriously considering a CBI with my jewelry fund! You said something like, “the diamond looks ‘happy,’ if that’s possible.” I thought that was such a neat way to describe a diamond! :idea:

And btw, my oldest just entered high school TODAY! I’ve got to spend this slush fund before the college bills come, lol.
I'm so happy to have been your CBI enabler. :mrgreen:

Best of luck to your new freshman. Beware, four years goes fast! So yes, spend those bling bucks now!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I'm planning a trip to Boise, too bad it won't be before next summer.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like next summer would be good for a few of us including me. I’m going into a really busy time, so this fall isn’t good for me. Maybe we should plan a get together for next summer as well as one for this fall for those people who can make it. I don’t own a CBI stone, but I’m very eager to see one in person.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next summer is good for me too.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m definitely in for next summer!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results