shape
carat
color
clarity

After a nice green jade cabochon

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Black bg is deceiving. Ask for handshot and white bg shot. Video too.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I also prefer 7mm up beads. Also ask for a close up shot to see graining and color distribution and also a better look at color intensity. :)

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is why I consult you ladies! My 5mm (only some of the beads not even all) emerald bead necklace is quite fine even though I love it! I didn't think of that!

I will go back to the vendor!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boo no cigar.

She just told me all bigger breads are over $500 per necklace. $500 was kind of my budget as it's a test purchase of jade. Prefer to keep it lower really.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Boo no cigar.

She just told me all bigger breads are over $500 per necklace. $500 was kind of my budget as it's a test purchase of jade. Prefer to keep it lower really.

Yes green is always pricier. My greenest and the larger white and pale green strands were above that price too.

I think if you are to settle for just a strand for sometime, I'd pay a bit more.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes green is always pricier. My greenest and the larger white and pale green strands were above that price too.

I think if you are to settle for just a strand for sometime, I'd pay a bit more.

What budget would you recommend? I'll keep that in mind when I go to Singapore!
See I have no idea if I am being unreasonable or stupid! That's why Jade is so scary! And I've made NO progress!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think the prices for the 2 strands are actually ok. Not cheap but not cutthroat, if they are as pictured.

I dunno! Depends on size, colour, texture and how much profit the seller wants!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh I liked that one too! It's also very affordable!

The beads would be tiny though wouldn't they?

Do you have a 5mmish you can model for me to see? :D

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
5mm would look invisible on my non existent neck so no, I don't have smaller strands lol.

My mum finds it funny to joke how my cat back home and I are alike. Short no necks.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl -

Do you mind telling me who the vendor is who has the strands you posted? In the next year or so, I'd like to buy some jade, and I have -zero- idea where to go.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl -

Do you mind telling me who the vendor is who has the strands you posted? In the next year or so, I'd like to buy some jade, and I have -zero- idea where to go.

Sure if you look up:

Myanmar jadeite jade pendant

You'll find her.

I'm still waffling. I can see it now. I'll bother @Burmesedaze for all eternity about jade :eek-2::lol:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! My new word for the week is twatwafflery. It encapsulates most of my jewelry plans.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm - I googled that, and got everyone from Ross Simons to ebay. I found one FB page for a woman - Jasmine Jiang - but I can't find any shop listed on her FB page. Any more tips or links would be very helpful - thank you!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm - I googled that, and got everyone from Ross Simons to ebay. I found one FB page for a woman - Jasmine Jiang - but I can't find any shop listed on her FB page. Any more tips or links would be very helpful - thank you!

Sorry I meant go into facebook and search that name in facebook. You'll get the page for Jasmine Jiang.

No shop! She just posts stuff on her Facebook page and you message her on fb if you want details.

It's a bit of a mess. I just message her and tell her what I'm interested in and she sends pics via fb.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I meant go into facebook and search that name in facebook. You'll get the page for Jasmine Jiang.

No shop! She just posts stuff on her Facebook page and you message her on fb if you want details.

It's a bit of a mess. I just message her and tell her what I'm interested in and she sends pics via fb.

Got it - thanks! :) Is that where you found that nice strand for $688? I'm after something like that, tho not necessarily now.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got it - thanks! :) Is that where you found that nice strand for $688? I'm after something like that, tho not necessarily now.

Yup I texted her and told her my budget and she sent me a few pics!

You should go for it! I'm still waffling!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze I'm having a crisis!

Hubby (who hates jade and all cabochons in general and beads) tells me a jade necklace won't go with any of my existing jewellery cuz I'll just look like a hippy!

What rings do you wear with yours???

*WAILS*

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Burmesedaze I'm having a crisis!

Hubby (who hates jade and all cabochons in general and beads) tells me a jade necklace won't go with any of my existing jewellery cuz I'll just look like a hippy!

What rings do you wear with yours???

*WAILS*

Huh??? Sapphires with the blue ones. Tiny jade ring or greenish blue opal for tree greens.

Or pink sapphires.

Who says they don't go together? Not forgetting plain ol diamonds. They go with EVERYTHING.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha thanks!

This jade is going to kill me at the rate I'm fluffing about! I'm normally so decisive!!!!!

She sent me a sunlight vid of the $588 strand and it's a bright green. Not much translucency but it's the garish kind of green that I like.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha how are your skills @Burmesedaze

Jade lady won't negotiate. Very zen! Wouldn't even waive Pay pal fee.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
She gave me a slightly larger discount than stated when I bought a few items the 2nd time and paid by TT.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze is this too garish???

I love green but my sister thinks it's TOO green!

29541171_1853025661424850_2611118441711579181_n.jpg

Committing to a husband was easier than deciding on jade *wails*

Jade lady is going to ex communicate me soon I suspect!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ANYONE is this too garish?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results