carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, glad to see you stop by. I miss your beautiful pictures. Welcome to your new business, huh? Hopefully you can get your house back on track.

Jimmianne, I wasn’t about to tell Marty I already had ice cream yesterday when he wanted some for dessert. It makes up for those days I don’t get a treat. I am tempted to stay home one day this week. I am glad I have your permission. Your weather sounds like ours, rainy and chilly. Baby steps reconnecting with your sister. I was a good sister and called my sister last week. I plan on trying to call her once a week just to offer that olive branch. We’ll see if that lasts.

Missy, your day at Coney Island looks really fun. I know you have battled water and leaks before – big time! I was nervous earlier tonight when it was raining really hard but no leaks today. Darn it you didn’t get a video yet. I am not a fan of poor customer service. When I taught on campus and online I would grade papers until 11 and then send an email to anyone still in my inbox and just say “I will get back to you as soon as possible tomorrow” and then I always made sure I answered them first. Did you get a good report card at the dentist?

Hi Jaaron!

I had a short night. Marty had work send him a phone and he forwarded all of his stuff to the work phone. Sadly, he hasn’t set up a do not disturb time yet so I heard that darn thing ping and ding all night. Then his office phone rang at 3:30. It feels like I was awake more than I was asleep last night. Marty slept through everything.

Marty is heading to LA for a few days for work. Woo hoo – he has something to do. I know he will enjoy not working from home. He’s had cabin fever lately and working at the neighborhood coffee shop.

While he is gone, I don’t think I’ll cook anything at home. I think a vacation from dishes would be a treat.

Take care.

Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, enjoy your "vacation" : )
I wonder if there is one long storm across the US.
Unbelievable, it is still pouring here...the 4th day of it. I'm afraid to look in my basement...
OMG I just did. 3 feet of muddy water, and the water conditioner tank floating on it's side. I'm going to pretend I didn't look.
I mean, we really needed rain, but not quite this much!

Have any of you read the Kick Keswick series by Marne Davis Kellogg? Really fun with plenty of delicious jewels and food descriptions, and posh interiors.
When I start one I can't put it down. Not exactly great literature, but written with intelligence and humor.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have 20 cm of snow this morning...
Hugs!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, Nice!
you had to buy the construction company?? looking forward to hearing the story : )

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, its cold... brrrrrr.... LOL
Well, I almost sold them again last night. So yes, long story.... :lol-2::lol-2: We shall se what the day brings, we have a meeting with them tonight. Hopefully you can get the whole tragicomic story tomorrow morning with your coffee cup :cheeky: I sure need coffee these days, at least.... LOL

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Coney Island looks wonderful! Thank you for the pictures!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Hi Jaaron, cannot wait to hear your update and we have missed you!

Scandi also looking forward to hearing your tragicomedy and hoping it evolves into a success story over everything else. Fingers crossed! OMG that is a lot of snow! Glad you enjoyed the Coney Island photos. Greg had never been there before we started dating and the last time I brought him there was 1999 I think so it had been a long time to revisit and it has been cleaned up quite a bit which was so nice to see.

Jimmianne, oy that is a lot of rain. I hope it dries out soon for you and that no permanent damage is done. I don't like water in the basement. Wish I was there to help you bail out all that water! I still remember us bailing out our water from the basement when Irene hit and cut out our power so our sump pumps didn't work. Fun days. Thank goodness for our natural gas generator now. Fingers crossed for you too!

Love those kitty shoes but wow that is pricey. Please share a photo of your lovely tunic. I am such a fan as you know. Easy breezy and pretty.:kiss:

Marcy haha I am glad you are getting a little "vacation" and that Marty can get away from his home office for a while too. Win win for you both. No I didn't get a good report card at the dentist. He wants to redo a triple filling and put on a crown on that huge tooth. He is afraid the amalgam which is most of the tooth will crack if I bite down at a certain angle and then it might crack below the gum line. Ugh. I just don't know what to do and right now it is not a good time with the nice weather coming to start with any potential issues. He cannot guarantee me he wouldnt be creating an issue where right now there is no issue. I have had pain problems in the past re my teeth where no one could figure it out so right now it is a quiet period and I am leaning towards doing nothing till late autumn. Greg OTOH is being proactive and going back to get something similar done on one of his teeth so there you have it. I am taking a calculated risk either way but right now leaning towards waiting till the colder weather before I embark on this project fraught with risk. But either way I am taking a risk. ::)

I bet you are looking forward to lots of popcorn and ice cream (i.e. no dishes to wash) while Marty is away. Ice cream tastes better right out of the carton anyway.:mrgreen: Thank you for liking the Coney Island photos.
It doesn't surprise me you were a conscientious teacher Marcy.:appl:

Rainwood, so glad you are enjoying your birthday week vacation. It sounds marvelous! Cannot wait for more updates!

So I thought of you girls yesterday while I was at the dentist and got a couple of bling photos for you. This is the office manager's ring. She had it made from her ER from her previous marriage. Nice ring and in person it is a fireball and very white and bright. She is also the dentist's sister. She's a doll.

lindagregorysring.jpg

lindasring.jpg

Have a good day girls!:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, holy cow that your water conditioning tank is floating in water. Sounds like you are really getting a lot of rain. Stay safe and warm. I will have to look up that series of books. Sounds fun. I got the dishes done and the stove cleaned when I got home tonight and it will stay that way till Friday. :appl:

Scandi, looking forward to your story. We had snow on the grass this morning and ice all over cars. It kept falling off cars on the way to work and I kept thinking I was going to hit something.

Missy, darn that neither you or Greg got a good report card at the dentist. Tooth pain is so awful. That is a tough call whether to wait it out or get your tooth taken care of now. When I used a Sonic Care I had shooting pain from the top of my head to the bottom of my chin. The dentist and doctor could never find out why. One of those tooth that got so bad eventually had a root break and die so it had to be pulled. I worry the same tooth on the other side will do the same thing. That ladies ring is very pretty.

My team had another error today. I told them they need to fix these issues and informed them of some new reports my boss and his boss are going to be using to check our work. Of course the 2 negative nellies immediately squawked and I said “you brought this on yourselves.” They also complained about using all of our check lists, etc. Tomorrow I am going to follow up if you want to stop using them convince me you don’t need them. Sigh.

I decided to eat at Shari’s on the way home tonight and was quite unimpressed. Oh well. No dishes, right?

Take care.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy, please be careful driving. I don't like the snow and ice flying around as you are trying to navigate. Doesn't Mother Nature know it is almost May? Sorry your team is making more mistakes and they are giving you a hard time about it too. Sheesh. I hope your teeth and their roots give you no more problems. In fact hope that is the case for all the NIRDIs and their spouses. Tooth pain is very awful and hoping those days are far behind us all. Sorry that restaurant wasn't too good last night. I haven't heard of it before. Hoping tonight you find a better way to enjoy a dishwash free dinner. And have a good day at work. Hoping it goes smoothly.

I am off to work today as well. Sort of sleepy and it is that kind of day outside. Dreary, rainy and a day you don't want to get out of bed. Greg is off to the beach house to fill the feral feeders though we are hoping to go this weekend the feral cats cannot wait till Friday.

Jimmianne, hope the rain has stopped and your water issues are under control.

Have a good day girls!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I always try to be careful driving especially around curbs. Mother Nature never pays attention to the seasons around here. Stupid teeth problems. Shari's is kind of like a Village Inn. They used to be a decent place to eat here. Oh well, I won't try them again. I am enjoying a clean kitchen and stove this week but I do miss Marty. Sorry to hear it is a kind of dreary day there. It was sleeting when I was out at lunch today and looked like it would rain when I came home. Snow is in our forecast Friday and Saturday.

I made the rounds today for lunch and dinner. I met some of my girl friends and they bought; such a deal. I had a deep fried taco for lunch and a filet for supper. We did have a glass of wine with supper but stopped at one since we had to drive home.

I need to go pay Marty's rent tomorrow. My cleaning lady is coming so I'll be late to work and have to take a long lunch. Sounds like a deal to me. Ha!

Have a great evening.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
Sorry about the whole teeth issues, Missy! I hate going to the dentist! Hurts... best wishes from little cry baby... But that ring almost made it better :) And I'm really sorry that your whole work situation has not resolved for the better yet. I might have to yell at them for you in a few months.. ;-)
Marcy, a clean kitchen sounds like a dream! Perhaps you can by that local Inn of yours and Marty can teach them how to make you some proper food??? LOL. Perhaps only me that keeps buying things... LOL But if you "forget" that rent thing, he might be up for a new challenge soon.... :lol-2:
Jimmianne, your trip must be coming up soon! Sounds fantastic to go to France now! Should be nice and warm there, spring just starting :mrgreen: At least compared to the snow here... LOL
The construction saga continues, but I want to do the story justice, so I'll have to wait until I have a little more time!
Hugs!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's another rainy dreary morning here. April showers is living up to its name this month that's for sure. Hoping May brings some good weather and calm winds perfect for cycling pretty please!

Marcy that is a sweet deal. Going in late, having a fun lunch (with girlfriends at least yesterday not sure about today's plans for you at lunch but hope you have company) and leaving early from work and coming home to a clean house. Yes that is my kind of workday.:cheeky:

I cannot believe you have more snow coming this weekend. Hold on for the good weather. That is what I am doing. We have not yet been able to cycle all year and I am getting antsy. I know as soon as we can get on the bike however I will be in pain. It is always challenging getting my you know what tough enough to withstand hours on the bike seat LOL. Sometimes I question what the heck am I doing hahaha.

Glad you are enjoying your clean kitchen and while that is nice for now I know you will enjoy having Marty home even more!
Hope today is a good day at work.

Scandi, I am sorry you are still dealing with the construction saga but I am hopeful now that you are truly in charge things will start moving rapidly and in a good direction. I wish I could buy all the companies that annoy me and make them ship shape lol. I am already getting excited for your USA trip. I know I am getting excited early but it gives me something to look forward to. And we all wait patiently to hear the update of your construction drama hopefully soon to be all resolved and completed just the way you envisioned your new home to be.

Junie hope you are enjoying the week. I don't remember if your sister is still here and if you guys are dealing with estate matters this week. Hugs to the baby and to Zoe of course. Your baby.

Jimmianne, when are you leaving for France? I already miss you.

Work continues to be challenging. Yesterday was super busy with some people waiting 4 (!!!!) hours to see me. Unacceptable. Today's schedule looks so light that I may be home very early so either option not good (for me or my patients). But I continue to do my best and wait to see what develops.

I have a mini project in the works that some of you know about and I don't want to say anymore till I see what develops. Suffice it to say if this works out I will be pleased but either way the vendor I am working with couldn't be nicer so I am appreciative and excited. But nervous as custom is tricky and I for one cannot visualize anything before it is done. That is a big problem I have always had so embarking on custom for me requires a leap of faith and trust in the vendor. Fingers crossed it works out beautifully. But either way the vendor is truly a saint and a doll putting up with me and willing to take the risk.:!:

Have a good day girls and hugs to all of you.:appl:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, that project of yours sounds very exiting! Can't wait... :halo::love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Missy, love the pics of Coney Island, looks like fun…my brother and I took my kids there when they were little, and it does look like it's been cleaned up since then, which is so nice to see. Sorry you got some bad news at your dentist's visit and I understand your reasons for putting it off; it's a tough call. My sister left last Sunday. I am trying to get the house on the market by next week. I'm very excited about your new project and I hope it works out! Love the office manager's ring, so beautiful :love:

Marcy, I forget the name of the ice cream but it had brown sugar ice cream, oatmeal cookie swirl, and chocolate pieces. So good! I haven't put the house on the market yet, we're doing some last minute straightening up so I'm shooting for next week. A vacation from dishes sounds like a great idea! You deserve a break after all the aggravation at work. Eating out with friends sounds like fun; it's good to get a break from the usual routine. Sorry the weather is so lousy right now, and I hope you start getting some springtime temps soon.

Scandi, sounds like you have a lot going on and I hope you can get back on track with the house soon. Miss you!

Oh no to water in the basement Jimmianne, I'm so sorry! Your new tunic sounds very pretty, I love the combination of blue and yellow. I hope things continue to go smoothly with your sister.

Hi jaaron! Wow,you have certainly been quite the traveler recently, and very busy, I hope you are settling back in and getting a chance to recover and relax.

Have a lovely day everyone!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
june! I was just about to post I kept remembering you had mentioned something about the taxes and I hadn't yet updated and now you beat me to it. (well and I had one more reason to prompt me to post scroll all the way down to see it :mrgreen:)

Anyway, hi :wavey:

No word on our taxes yet. I keep checking the mail every day to see if they're there but nothing. At this point I think he's being passive aggressive maybe it bugged him that we asked several times what was going on and he felt we should have just trusted him. Communication breakdown of the worst kind if you ask me. We've had a good relationship with this guy for years and it all unraveled so quickly. Sad, and confusing.

Hope you had a nice time with your sister. :) And glad that you're putting the house on the market looks like things are moving along.

missy I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you for good cycling weather!

And yay for whatever project you have going on, it's nice to hear the vendor is nice. That makes such a difference. And I'm with you on the custom thing. It all sounds great in theory but it's filled with landmines. I had my engagement ring setting custom made and my wedding band custom made (they are both super simple/clean nothing intricate) and I was so afraid from start to finish but it ended up looking exactly how I wanted it.) Then again I dictated every little thing. :lol: But no, seriously, the guy was great and I think he really understood what I wanted.

The Coney Island pictures were great I enjoy so much seeing you and Craig together having a nice time. And whenever you post kitty pictures they are just icing on the cake.

How are your ferals doing?

And how is your friend doing, the one that had the brain cancer? I've been meaning to ask about her.

scandi hi! I miss you and your sunshine! Looking forward to hearing the construction saga story I hope everything goes smoothly from now on. Hope your fur baby is doing good too.

jimmyanne I forgot to tell you that I thought your updo looked lovely.

marcy DH and I were talking about wine last night. I used to drink it so often and hardly do now so my tolerance is at zero. I am OK with that but we might be going away soon and I hope I don't feel too guilty having a glass with dinner here and there. What kind of wine do you like?

Sucks that your team doesn't like to follow checklists - have you guys ever tried putting a reward in place for following them? Or maybe having the team itself redesign the checklist - maybe they don't follow it because it doesn't work well "in reality"? I know you're just venting and not looking for fixes (I swear I'm not a man lol) and I am sure you've tried all sorts of things but just wondered aloud.

Hope your day at work is good and that it's an early day.

So...

I had my first weird inquiry on Ebay today. Someone asked me to post pictures of me wearing the shoes I'm selling and for a second I thought it was a little strange, but then I figured it's just someone that wants to get a better idea of what the shoes look like on. So I took a few pictures of me wearing them (I cropped them so you can only see my calves) and sent them. And he/she? wrote back saying if they win the bid can I please wear them that they like the insoles very very very very very well worn (yes he/she used that many very's). So obviously, a little weird. Not judging them I really couldn't care less, I just think it's hysterical. What he doesn't know is that I used a filter that hid all my veins :lol:

Anyway that's my story for the day.

It's almost Friday yay!

Have an awesome day everyone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, I am anxious to hear what is going on with your house and your construction business. Hope all goes well for you.

Missy, and let’s not forget the April showers brings May flowers. Ooh pretty flowers. I bet it takes a while to get used to being on a bike seat for hours. While patients waiting 4 hours sounds awful; it is an improvement. Hopefully things get smoother soon. I am glad you are facing it one day at a time and are focusing on helping your patients. Good luck with your project.

June, I hope you get the house on the market next week. I read recently it’s a seller’s market right now. That ice sounds really good; I like the caramel swirl slow churned with a little chocolate syrup on it.

CJ, how awful about your tax guy, I hope you get your info soon. That is great your custom rings turned out exactly like you wanted them. What wine do you like? Definitely enjoy some wine if you go on vacation. My favorite wine is Chardonnay but Marty likes red so I’ll have some of his if he opens a bottle. He likes Malbec, Shiraz, cabernet and wines like that. Some red wines really buzz me but they hit me right away so I quit drinking them as soon as it does. One glass is pretty much my limit anymore too. I have thought of offering a reward and did just tell the team this week if you want a different format for a check list to let me know. We can work on adapting them. I appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks! Good luck with your eBay auction. That request was kind of unusual.

I got to sleep in a little bit this morning. My cleaning lady got a new job so she and her sister will each take a Saturday every month to clean for us. I was pretty excited to hear that because I liked the little things her sister routinely cleaned for us that our regular lady didn’t do. Plus having them clean on Saturday works better for me if Marty is out of town. I am getting a deal anyway because they only charge me $20 an hour; I think I’ll start giving them $25 an hour so they keep coming back.

It sounds like Marty will be busy with work and may be traveling more again. That isn’t good for me but it’s good for him and definitely great news he has some work to do. Apparently if the money gets approved he may be in Australia for months off and on. That was news to me but at this point in time I am glad he may have a long-term project.

I went and paid the rent for Marty’s gym space and noticed they had our old house on their list for rentals. That was kind of strange to see.

Have a great Friday.

Marcy

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh, marcy, I'm sorry to hear Marty might be gone for months at a time even though work-wise that is a good thing. :blackeye:

Will update more just wanted to say that.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, this is Sunday right? You don't work today? Just wanted to wish you a good morning and say hello and if by some evil twist you are going to work today - good luck! Hugs!

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Nirdi's,

Quick pop in to say hi - off to a meeting and then to the dreaded Part I of my dental surgery. I somehow managed to crack the root of a tooth--hopefully not from grinding my teeth in irritation at the PS political posts :lol:--and have to get an implant done. I've been very lucky in not needing much dental work, so I'm being a real baby about this. Today's the extraction. Ugh. So I'll be taking it easy tonight and tomorrow and will have time to catch up properly--looking forward to seeing what's going on with everyone.

Scandi - I think you guys sent a frigid weather front our way! It's finally a bit warmer today. And my big question is, do you get to wear a tool belt and carry a nail gun? Goes perfectly with diamonds. :lol:

Until later. Wish me tooth luck!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To everyone with tooth issues - sending tons of love your way.
I'll be so happy for everyone when the tooth issues are resolved!

Missy, I'm sorry. It seems that I didn't do my job very well and let some rain head your way. It is now in the 80's here and tons of spring flowers, so I will be sure to send THAT.
I don't know what your new project is but I am very curious. I hope it works out and if so, can't wait to see.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jaaron! Sorry I didn't get to check in here yesterday and see that you were having dental surgery. So I am now sending post surgery dust to you for thorough and easy healing with NO pain!!! And yes I think I grind my teeth too...life is STRESSful.

Scandi wish you were here with us cycling down the shore. It was 88 degrees here yesterday! And this morning at 5AM a huge lighting and thunderstorm with downpours that lasted 90 minutes. The lightning was shaking the house. I should have taken photos but I didn't want to get out of bed LOL. The kitties took it all in stride which was amazing. Except for HRH who hid in the bedroom closet until it was completely over. Save yourself is her motto.:lol: I wonder who's next in line? Oh that would be me.8-)

Hope you're having a fun weekend.

Marcy I am sorry that Marty may be gone for work for months at a time and I hope it doesn't materialize but if it does I hope it goes quickly and you have lots of good things to do to make the time easier. What are your weekend plans?

Junie, hope you are having a nice weekend! When are you going back to your beach house? I want to have you and your dh over our house this summer if it works schedule wise. But at least we can meet in Lambertville at the estate jewelry place if all else fails.:halo:

CJ that ebay experience...that seller sounds weird with a foot fetish or something. Creepy.:eh: I am not judging but IDK if I would want to sell him/her my shoes. My bet it's a guy with a foot fetish. But of course if it doesn't bother you no biggie at all. And why should it? You'll get the money and be done with it. But it creeps me out a bit. LOL. I get creeped out easily though so keep that in mind. Hope you are enjoying a nice weekend.

Jimmianne, it's not super exciting and I didn't mean to get your hopes up. I'll email you. Hope you are having a good weekend and staying dry and sunny.

Callie, yay for happy homecomings! And thanks for talking me off the ledge yesterday AM. OMG that was just another joy of owning 2 homes.:wall:
Hope you had a good evening and hope you enjoy your time with your sweet niece and dh this weekend.

So we got to the beach house yesterday AM and at first I was pleased because everything seemed to be working and why shouldn't it? Greg goes every week to fill the feral feeders and check on things so everything seemed good. At first. Until Greg came up from the basement and said the hot water heater was not working. OMG really? I hadn't been here since December and was so looking forward to our first bike ride of the year and season. So he called the emergency plumber who came within the hour (gotta love fast service) and diagnosed the issue. Needed a new hot water heater (it was from 2006 so not a shock) and some other surrounding parts that were not working. He could do it today as in right then (yay!) and just had to get the 75 gallon hot water heater delivered which would happen within the hour. Well, my dh in all his wisdom (love him but man sometimes his priorities don't match mine lol) needed the deluxe bells and whistles hot water heater. Complete with a non corrosive glass liner plus other features I don't remember mainly because what I heard was blah blah blah.To the tune of all told $4500. That I heard loud and clear. Yup. You heard that right. IDK. Living in the Northeast specifically the NYC area is ridiculously expensive. I think we need to have our heads examined living here seriously. But that is a subject for another day. For sure.

Though you will think I need my head examined sooner vs later when you hear what I then did. I asked Tim the plumber guy how long would it take and he estimated anywhere from 2-5 hours to replace the whole thing. So I asked him if it was OK with him to leave him alone in the house (with our 4 kitties) while we went out. Greg looked at me and then him and said Tim you look like a trustworthy guy and Tim said no problem. That is how bad I wanted to, no needed to, go cycling. So we left Tim in our house alone with Bea and my assorted bling right there upstairs and our 4 kitties with his promise he would be careful not to let the kitties out and we went cycling. Need my head examined right? And at 3PM Tim called us (a full 5.5 hours after he started working at our house) and said he was done and it was a success.
So the great news is we came home after our long bike ride (we did 40 miles first day cycling of the year so not bad) and had HOT water. Woohoo!!!:appl:
Oh and Bea and company and all the kitties were safe and sound.:halo: :appl: Thank goodness!

Oh and to add the cherry on top of the day we got home and I went to clean my face with my La Roche Posay Toleriane Dermo cleanser and promptly dropped it and cracked the plastic bottle completely. And you cannot get it anywhere around here at all. I called every single high end drugstore. And I have plenty in Brooklyn but that was my only bottle here. I ordered more at La Roche Posay but it won't be delivered till Tuesday. So I am hoping hard that it is not contaminated and that I can use it for the next few days till we go back to NYC. I cannot remove my sunscreen with anything else as my face is super sensitive and this is the *one* thing I can use. So typical in my life that the one thing I can use broke and I had no backups here. I have tons of backups of most products but this was a full bottle. I wrapped it with saran wrap (plastic bottle cracked in half - crazy a one in a million break) and turned it upside down in a clean glass jar and I sure hope it is usable for the next few days. Fingers crossed!

If you got this far thank you for reading the long saga and I will share a few pics I took commemorating our first ride of 2017. It was a beautiful (though very humid) day. I am hoping we can cycle today and fingers crossed it is doable. Planning on it despite the winds and possible thundershowers predicted. I'm a Brooklyn girl. Tough as nails. :lol::wink2::halo:

I hope you all have a great day and a terrific weekend and sending good vibes and hugs to each and everyone one of you. Oh and Sir Fred also wishes you all a very good morning! Taking his photo right now. He's keeping me company as I post to you girls.:kiss:

missyandgregfirstbikeride2017.jpg

asburyboardwalk2017.jpg

beach2017.jpg

beach2017.jpeg

fredbeachhousemorning.jpg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to share what Greg did for my handlebars. Pretty! OK we are off on the bike... have a great day!

stripedhandlebars.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi nirdis,

Missy, oh no to needing a new water heater...but it's great that you were able to get it taken care of so quickly. And sometimes you just have to trust people lol! Hey, you've been waiting to go cycling for a long time! :D I'm glad everything went well. And sorry about the broken bottle, hopefully you'll be able to use what's left for the next couple of days. Love the pics you posted and so glad the weather is good, I hope you had a good ride today. It must feel great being back in the saddle again lol! And Fred looks so sweet. Greg did a great job on your handlebars. Getting together this summer sounds good!

CJ, sorrry about the situation with your tax accountant, disappointing and frustrating. And what a weird eBay experience!

Marcy, talk about a mixed blessing...sounds like the extra work will be good for Marty, but I know it will be rough for you if he ends up traveling so much. I wish I lived closer so I could keep you company. I'm sorry your employees are causing you so much stress...if it's any consolation, dh is going through the same frustrations, he says he feels like he's talking to a wall lately at work. I can see where it felt a little strange to see your old house for rent. Glad to hear things worked out well with the cleaning situation.

Jimmianne, glad to hear you're enjoying some nice weather after all that rain.

Jaaron, I hope things went well for you at the dentist and you're doing ok.

I'm at the beach right now, just a quick weekend trip, I'll be heading home on Monday and dh will be heading to London for business. Nice to have a little break. We're having good weather here. We'll probably hit the beach for a little while and then go out to dinner.

Hope you are all enjoying your Saturday!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, thanks for the hair compliment. You need to start drinking more wine!
I too have about zero tolerance. One sip and I feel stoned. So I think it would be good if we drank more LOL... I guess...love the way it tastes but hate the effects [[[sigh]]]

June, nice that you are going to the beach. Have fun! I think of you often and am glad you are getting in some beach time.

Missy, no matter the size of your project I will not be disappointed. After all, I am the one who posted diamond dangles transferred to $10 sterling earwires! All projects are excitement-worthy - like red striped handlebars for instance : )

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Rats my earlier post isn’t here.

CJ, I misunderstood Marty. I guess if he goes to Australia it would be for a month at a time and he can’t be there more than 3 months during a year or his company has to pay taxes.

Hi Scandi,

Jaaron, oh no to your dental surgery. I hope it went well and you are feeling better already.

Jimmianne, your spring flowers must be gorgeous. I am glad you are having nice weather. Can I drink more wine with CJ? I’m with you – all projects big or small are exciting.

Missy, darn it that you had to replace the water heater at the beach house. I am glad you were able to get it replaced quickly. Phooey it was so pricey but you may as well get the best while you are buying things. Woo hoo for getting in the first bike ride of the year. How exciting. Fred looks content while napping. Your bike handles look great.

June, tell you DH I feel his pain. I think I am talking to a brick wall as well. Is your weather getting nice there? I am glad you made a quick trip to the beach for the weekend. Tell your DH to have a safe trip to London. Marty is on his way to LA right now.

Marty’s flight to LA was delayed about an hour but he is on his way there now.

Our power went out today for about 90 minutes. I didn’t have breakfast so I made a patty melt at about 11:30. This afternoon I had popcorn and made a pan of cocoa brownies so that was my supper. Marty is gone and the “crap” as he calls it comes out. Ha! I was glad I had something sweet on hand because my sister and BIL stopped by to bring us some farm fresh eggs and the had just come from having supper so I enticed them to have some brownies and ice tea.

Have a great week.

Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Marcy, I can't go to sleep because I'm geared up about my trip tomorrow, so it was fun to see your post come in on my email [I was looking at...what else?!...diamonds online].
Just the words patty melt and brownie were enough to set off a case of the munchies. I like the way you think! and thank you for sharing : )

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, safe travels tomorrow. I am sure you are anxious and excited. Yes, I was eating comfort food today. Sadly I'm hungry now but I've flossed and brushed already so it's off to bed soon.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I just wanted to wish you bon voyage, and I'm sending you good wishes for a safe trip!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks, June.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is the day I get to go to France!:appl:
It feels so unreal. I have wanted to go back since I got home here in December and feel as though I sat and waited instead of enjoying life - that is something I need to somehow work on. I can't live just for those few months in France. I'm sure it will all resolve over time. Gosh, a beach house on the NC coast would have been a lot easier LOL

I'm sorry I have not been more attentive to our thread and do apologize for not being totally present. I've been struggling with family issues and sleep issues; sort of in survival mode. But you all mean so much to me, my life is so enriched by the NIRDIs and although I have only met dear Missy, I feel affection for you all.

My plane leaves at dinner time and I have a full day of work ahead here to get the critters ready. With severe weather on the way I am watching closely. Twice when I have gone to France the flight has been cancelled due to weather... nothing like getting a text message from Delta just as you are walking out the door!
So hopefully things will stay on schedule today.
It's an 8 hour flight, so I'll get in at 2am our time, but 8am in Paris, so a full day in la belle france after a night of travel. excited, YES. first on the list: supermarket. Second: unlocking the garden gate and seeing what's in bloom. Meanwhile between here & there is a plane ride and 2 trains, then a rental car, and all the scenery I love.
I wish you were all coming with me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results