carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Show me your Luxury Watches!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ihy138|1428166410|3856920 said:
How did I not know this thread existed? Beautiful watches everyone!

Here is a photo of my circa 1930s Tiffany and Co. diamond and platinum watch. I don't now if it counts as luxury, but I sure feel luxurious with it on.

I also just got a vintage Cartier from eBay but it needs a new band. Will post when it's all fixed up!

That is so romantic looking...

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, they are beautiful. What size is the pink mother of pearl. Gorgeous!

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire|1388038315|3580625 said:
DS.
Congrats, beautiful watches !!... :appl: I used to own a Cartier tank too till it got stolen... :(sad ...I rotate b/t these now.
Absolutely beautiful watches! :clap:

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
I am not doubting you in the slightest DF, but what are the signs of it being a fake?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GlamMosher|1446184709|3943732 said:
I am not doubting you in the slightest DF, but what are the signs of it being a fake?
See the day Tuesday followed by a 2? Rolex never made a day reel with #s... :bigsmile: plus the letter "U" on the word Tuesday is of a different size. Here is a genuine Rolex Day/Date... ;))

img_2043__640x480_6.jpg

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire|1446186503|3943734 said:
See the day Tuesday followed by a 2? Rolex never made a day reel with #s... :bigsmile: plus the letter "U" on the word Tuesday is of a different size. Here is a genuine Rolex Day/Date... ;))

Yes, I see! The one you have posted certainly looks of a different class anyway, not as "chunky".

I admit I was suspicious due to the low post count and all 3 posts have nominated a supplier with a link to the website, seemed odd to me.

It is good to have in house experts!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hi DF... nice spotting...

also do you think the cyclops isnt magnifying the date as much as your example?

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
If you do a "Google image" search of the pink one, it seems this image has been around for some years on pinterest. I don't know how to work out whose image it is though.

ETA: same story with the first image.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
also that poster only has 3 posts... 2 of them directing them to youni. the ohter one to that 'luxury' watch site

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
gregchang35|1446196631|3943746 said:
also that poster only has 3 posts... 2 of them directing them to youni. the ohter one to that 'luxury' watch site

I noticed that the other day! I thought something seemed "off" about it. :confused:

Also, thanks to DF for commenting and giving us additional info. :clap:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gregchang35|1446196631|3943746 said:

I almost reported that post as it seemed fake to me. The language doesn't seem to match her name and picture, either.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gregchang35|1446195819|3943744 said:
Hi DF... nice spotting...

also do you think the cyclops isnt magnifying the date as much as your example?
That could be b/c of the angle of the pic.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GlamMosher|1446196499|3943745 said:
If you do a "Google image" search of the pink one, it seems this image has been around for some years on pinterest. I don't know how to work out whose image it is though.

ETA: same story with the first image.
If your gonna steal someone else's image from google at least steal a photo of a real watch. The first watch is definitely a FAKE!.. :lol:

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Here's my baby. A Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compresser. I also have a Tag Heuer Link with a diamond dial but that will soon be for sale. I would love to add a JLC moonphase to my collection some day.

jlcwatch.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice JLC!.. :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
therainbowradish|1446266900|3944084 said:
Here's my baby. A Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compresser. I also have a Tag Heuer Link with a diamond dial but that will soon be for sale. I would love to add a JLC moonphase to my collection some day.

Beautiful watch! If you get a chance to post more pics please do! Love this! I bet it looks great with your new ring! :appl:

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Rockinruby|1446320051|3944253 said:

Beautiful watch! If you get a chance to post more pics please do! Love this! I bet it looks great with your new ring! :appl:

I will happily post more pics tomorrow! My new ring is with Jewels By Grace for sale. Womp womp. The new search has begun!

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
ihy138|1428170319|3856949 said:
Scarlett1|1428168064|3856933 said:
Wow ihy, she's gorgeous!!! Any chance of a handshot :naughty:

Thank you so much!! Here is a handshot that I just took. :)

Such a nice little tiny watch! Beautiful!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
therainbowradish|1446361109|3944430 said:
Rockinruby|1446320051|3944253 said:

I will happily post more pics tomorrow! My new ring is with Jewels By Grace for sale. Womp womp. The new search has begun!

I just saw the posting! It's such a beautiful ring! I'm interested to see how the new search goes though! :appl: Your watch will look great no matter what you wear with it! :wavey:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I may or may not have something to add to this section by next week!!! :Up_to_something: :wink2: :twirl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gregchang35|1446574676|3945182 said:
I may or may not have something to add to this section by next week!!! :Up_to_something: :wink2: :twirl:
Now, that's an interesting statement - can't wait! : )

Greg, here's my new luxury watch LOL
The face has a photo of one of my stacks.

img_1053.jpg
seriously...the following is not a luxury watch as luxurious as many posted here, but I love it.
Looking at this thread makes me want a new watch!
img_0242.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Jimmianne = They look fab!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
The watch finally arrived!!! Woo hoo!!!.

So happy with it!!!!
Vintage with high crown
Blue hands are rare. Rolex made them for ppl with ah- hem 'discerning' eyes!!!!!

head_on.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gregchang35|1447395205|3949135 said:
The watch finally arrived!!! Woo hoo!!!.

So happy with it!!!!
Vintage with high crown
Blue hands are rare. Rolex made them for ppl with ah- hem 'discerning' eyes!!!!!

Greg, I LOVE this watch. It feels very 50s-60sish. I don't know when this style was en vogue but I can see my dad wearing something like this. It is truly COOL. I would get my DH something like this someday. Thank you for sharing. Can I ask where you got it and how you decided in it! Sorry if you already discussed it. I did not read previous posts.

Greg. I looked at it again. I love the color of the face. Very vintagy. I am a sucker for blue hands. SUCKER. So elegant and yet so eye-catching. Makes such a statement. Love the simple sleek, un-fussy band. JUST LOVE...

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hi LLJsmom,

I am happy to share. Sorry that it is a long story!

This search started a LONG time ago, in preparation for my 40th. Sadly, my 40th came and went and nothing to show for it. I guess I had searched google images to see what was out there and then fined tuned what I liked. It wasn't long before I knew which models I liked. Just like bling, I guess.

It started with the model 6694, which is a manual wind. Then it moved to the 1601, which is automatic- self winding. I love watches and I realized that I wanted a Rolex. There were many models but there was something about those 2 models that I liked. They were (for me) clean, simple and classically Rolex.

So i searched on chrono24, eBay, the Rolex forum, watchuseek. Nothing came up in time for the 40th. So, the searches were saved and thigns came up on my feed that I checked out from time to time. Bling got in the way, as it does!!!! So, Rolex was not a high priority. Lol.

This year, the Rolex itch got to me. I wanted something for my 45th(next year) and thought to start searching again. So I revisited those sites with renewed vigor and then contacted a few vendors on the Rolex forum, in the vintage section to help me look for one. I didn't realise that I could do that previously?! DOH!!! With Instagram, it made my search even more global and instant!

With Instagram, I think there is a mathematical way of things appearing on your feed. If you like a particular picture/post; it recognizes it and then more of the same type of pictures appear my feed. One day this picture of the Rolex came up. It was completely different to the 1601, that I have been hankering for. But it hit me between the eyes.

I made a few enquiries and also asked for feedback on The Rolex forum. This site is much like PS. There are seasoned watch collectors and specifically in the vintage section. Did my due diligence, since it wasn't the same model I have been searching for. Then, I decided to post the vendors pics on there for scrutiny. The feed back was positive.... Yay!!!

This watch reference/ model is 1003. Yr:1964. Rivet bracelet. Stainless steel. Automatic.

I was torn - cos this watch wasn't what I had initially set out in my quest for a Rolex. For me, this watch had: 'the one' written all over it.. When you know, you know; right? I contacted the vendor to make sure that the watch was still available: it was. Yay for me!!! I also has susimoo from PS, by my side. She helped me with my thought processes. She made sure it was what I wanted. Talked me through my indecisions. :)! Thank susimoo!!! :wavey: :appl:

The rest is....

Love this clean and simple watch. I stare at it all day, if I could.
Sorry for the long post, but those sites as the places that you can search for things. Some sites are complicated to navigate:- watchuseek, but u get the hang of it.

If u need more questions answered- ask away. I might take a while to respond, as I am in Australia and the time difference and all that!

Happy hunting!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg, your new watch is fabulous, I love the simple clean lines and classic elegance of it, it looks amazing on you and I am very happy for you! :appl: :dance:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thanx junebug... :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg
Congrats, beautiful watch!, love the blue hands!.. :appl:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thanx DF!!! Really appreciate you chiming in.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results