shape
carat
color
clarity

My Amazing Holy Grail - 9.9mm OEC!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Swoon, OK now that I've revived myself I had to post. I can't WAIT to see what you do with her.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
lliang_chi|1345667025|3255514 said:
Swoon, OK now that I've revived myself I had to post. I can't WAIT to see what you do with her.

Haha, thanks! :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're scaring me a little wearing that pin. Do you have the diamond insured?

I agree with simple setting. I like a couple of JBEG's settings that are soon to be available again.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
The pin's actually very secure, and I wore it again on my dress today, pinned at the waist! I'm starting to like pins!! The prongs are tight and the diamond is seated perfectly. There's a security latch at the latch end, and it's pretty tight. And on the hinge end, there's that U shaped hook so when I wear it w/ the opening facing down, there's no way it'd open and fall out. Unless I'm rolling down a mountain or something. In which case, I think a ring would fare no better. :cheeky: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I took some comparison shots of her with a GIA graded H oval (split shank), and a GIA graded G oval (half moon), GIA graded G rb with strong blue fluor. I couldn't get any rainbow shots due to lighting. They look kind of bad, but it shows the OEC's color at its max.

hfg_33.jpg

hfg_34.jpg

hfg_35.jpg

hfg_36.jpg

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Late to the party! Sorry. :oops: :bigsmile:

Can I just say your new sparkly is, un freakin believable!!!!! Holy moly, I love it!!!

Good job, yet again FK!!! :wavey:

Got to start saving up so I can get me a little one just like her. :bigsmile:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Susie!!! good to "see" you again! :wavey:

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey: <-----I'm not waving, I'm wiping drool from the screen!

I am soooo late in seeing this gorgeous diamond! :appl: :love: It's absolutely amazing!

I gotta tell you that I spent the last week in NYC going to all the hot spots to look at settings. I wanted a blingy, maybe halo, or something antique-y looking and I tried on at least 100 settings. You know what I liked the best for my large old cut? A simple solitaire. Go figure! I am still thinking the "right" antique setting with just a sprinkling of diamonds may come along, but I am pretty sure I am going with a simple solitaire.

I'll be excited to see how you'll set this beautiful OEC. :love:

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
MyDiamondSparkles|1345760435|3256187 said:
:wavey: <-----I'm not waving, I'm wiping drool from the screen!

Uh, that was me when I saw your gorgeous and HUGE diamond.!!! ;)) I bet yours would look awesome in rose gold too. Have you decided on a material yet?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1345686688|3255722 said:
... Unless I'm rolling down a mountain or something.

Well I'll tell you this, if you leave that lovely diamond loose for more than two hours, you just might find yourself rolling down a mountain :devil: The Pricescope mob will get you.

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
What a huge and lovely diamond! congrats!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
WooooooooooooooooooW.

That is definitely the most beautiful diamond ever. Wow, just wow....

simply OUTSTANDING.

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
You are so lucky! :appl:

Abby12

Shiny_Rock
Holy crap! Those are amazing! I also love your rope band. Can you give me details on it?

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I need more pix!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I check this thread everyday just in case you've posted more pics. It is so spectacular! Please feel free to post a million more pictures! How does she look in the car? In the grocery store? In the fridge? :)

Congrats!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
^^^^
:lol: Me too! Please keep us salivating and post more!!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I will post more pics when I get back from vacation! She has been set in a temp setting, a simple 6 prong comfort fit ring!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll toss a picture into the ring while ya'll are waiting for more eye-candy...!

FK's 9.9mm monster HG and my 9.5mm miniature OEC (haha!) hanging out. FK's stone is what mine wants to be when it's all grown up. There are similarities between the two stones, most particularly in their shape which is just slightly off round, but FK's is a more classic OEC pattern (no head obstruction though, so awesome) and mine has smaller faceting under the girdle, also no head obstruction. Hers is whiter than mine as well as you can kind of see in the picture.

two3cstones201-1-3.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and one more... FK's 9.9mm hanging out solo and free from the pin! swoon.

fkgglamour-1-4.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Mara|1346015442|3257495 said:
I'll toss a picture into the ring while ya'll are waiting for more eye-candy...!

FK's 9.9mm monster HG and my 9.5mm miniature OEC (haha!) hanging out. FK's stone is what mine wants to be when it's all grown up. There are similarities between the two stones, most particularly in their shape which is just slightly off round, but FK's is a more classic OEC pattern (no head obstruction though, so awesome) and mine has smaller faceting under the girdle, also no head obstruction. Hers is whiter than mine as well as you can kind of see in the picture.

Mara, only in your demented, size-obsessed world could 9.5mm be considered "miniature"......lmao!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing photos! Just mesmerizing!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now that is a perfect girdle.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1346032386|3257597 said:
Now that is a perfect girdle.

Yes, being in a pin and a safe deposit box probably was less dangerous to the girdle than if it had been in a ring! :bigsmile:

Gorgeous pics, Mara! Both stones are outstanding! And I have to say, they don't need fancy settings (unless they came in an amazing setting like Dreamers)...I like your solitaire!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I just spent an amazing weekend visiting friends, who happened to live right near Joe Escobar in Campbell, CA. Erik took the oec out of the pin, inpsected it, and ran the sarin.

3.87ct!!!!! And likely a GIA L, VS1. I am thrilled!! Average diameter is 9.9mm, and depth is 6.29mm.

They happened to have a stock setting that fit a 10mm stone, and it was sizeable to a 3, so I plopped it in!! it has a standard 6 prong head and a comfort fit band.

So here are all the pics I took this weekend, because I know you don't want to hear me yap about its specs!

hfg_37.jpg

hfg_38.jpg

hfg_39.jpg

hfg_1.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, my diamond is so dirty! Sorry, I was out and about so I couldn't keep it clean. Here are more pics... I have about 30 more!

hfg_16.jpg

hfg_17.jpg

hfg_27.jpg

hfg_29.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results