shape
carat
color
clarity

My Amazing Holy Grail - 9.9mm OEC!

Tuffy

Rough_Rock
:love: :love: :love: wowza!! congrats on a great find!

may I know which ebay vendor you purchased this from? :wavey:

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
ForteKitty|1345490581|3254471 said:
Thank you!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I will probably start selling my half carat oec's but I want to keep my 2ct. I feel bad enough that she's gotten no love since Saturday. Everytime anyone mentions selling her, I have to put "earmuffs" on her!!

HI FK....LOVE :love: your new OEC. You do certainly have an eye for the BEST of the BEST!

just wondering if you will be listing any of the other OEC's in preloved? :wink2: :naughty:

Sparklepop

Rough_Rock
Amazing! So beautiful. Congrats!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys!!!!! :wavey: :wavey: I'm posting from my phone so it's hard to address every single person, but I have read every post and I really, really appreciate all your compliments!!! Thank you!!

Taylorbug, if I list anything, it will be on pre-loved. It might not happen for a while tho... I have a hard time letting things go!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
holy cow. slobberfest.

luckky

Shiny_Rock
I do wonder who left this behind. It makes me sad, but I think I'll give it a better home than a dark, cold safe deposit box.

WOW :love: The diamond is beyond words and TDF but story even better that where might be came from and how sweet touchy that you mentioned how it might left behind but now found a good home better than that cold safe box, that so sweet....(I might be too sensitive). Congrats and you did a great job :appl:

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
:love: :lickout: :love: :lickout: :love: :lickout: :love: :lickout:

Your rock ROCKS!!! Definitely an awesome deal. You and the other OEC master hunters are great at finding deals on ebay. I can't wait to read about your journey.

*sigh* maybe I'll have mine someday. I just need to convince DH to set aside some money for an 'upgrade'.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Ker-THUNK.

I think I just passed out.

What happened?

I think I was looking at a diamond. A beaut of a diamond. Exquisite.

There it is again.

Ker-THUNK.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!!!!!!!!! Yes, it is the holy grail! What a terrific find!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is amazing! I need to start patroling ebay more often!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
:-o :-o :-o Just to join in...
Holy crap! And while I was looking at the pics reading the posts, I was saying out loud, "is that a STICK PIN?!" "IN A SAFE DEPOSIT BOX??!" "UNCLAIMED??!!!"
Wow, I am excited to see what you do with it. Whatever you decide will be magnificent. :appl:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Jawdroppingly beautiful!

Congratulations on an amazing find!! I can't wait to see how you set it!

Now, about these half carat oecs you want to start selling on pre-loved...!! :naughty:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
luckky- that's how I am too. I get really sentimental about the history of each piece. It makes me sad to think about how long this piece was sitting in a safe, and what happened to its original owner. That's why I started telling myself that he probably had so much money he didn't care, so the pin's better off with me! It makes me feel better.

Begonia & Vinjewels, that's kind of how I've been feeling since saturday! I actually passed out on my living room floor for 6 hours on Sunday afternoon because I was exhausted from taking pictures and looking at it thru a loupe.

And thanks everyone!! I'm sloooowly going thru different designs to see which direction I want to go. Gonna go try on a bunch of stuff first. I hate wasting money on settings so I have to be sure!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
purplesparklies|1345475180|3254346 said:
I am SO glad that this found a home with a pricescoper! I was watching this one but could only dream. It was an absolute steal! Congrats!

I'm far too impressed to say anything except I second this. :love:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Temp setting!!! I absolutely love mine so much I don't even feel like doing anything else for now. And I love my prongs! Can't wait to see our stones together and take some comparison shots!!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, absolutely amazing! A stone of a lifetime! Congratulations, it is beyond gorgeous! Can't even find the words. What a find! Wow, wow, and wow.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I might get used to wearing a pin. :naughty:

hfg_42.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to say, I didn't notice it at first. I think you need a less bold patterned shirt. I did, however, notice your pendant! Does it have a thread?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
No, I've been too lazy to start a thread. But here's a picture I found on my phone! It's about I/VS, 6.3mm.

oec_pendant_6.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a 2ct pendant would be even better :naughty:

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
TravelingGal|1345492458|3254488 said:
bean|1345490637|3254472 said:
I remember seeing this listed on eBay! I thought... holy jeez.. I hope a PSer gets that!

So, you're going to keep it a fancy schmancy pin, right? :lol: jk

Seriously...because come on, these pieces of history shouldn't be tampered with. :tongue:

:lol: Brooch? What brooch?

ForteKitty--It's wonderful to see your HG!! I'm so glad this stone is out of that cold, dank bank box. It's an inSANEly gorgeous stone, and I can't wait to see how you set it. Congrats and wear it in the best of health!

And wow--the shot of you wearing it--compared to your pendant is just :o. THUD. Love it! (And I love the shots of it resting on your tiny finger--fantastic size!)

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
I think a 2ct pendant would be even better :naughty:

You're bad. :cheeky: Is it wrong that I want to keep my 2ct as a regular everyday work ring, since I'm hard on my hands? I want to save the Gigantor for special occasions like after work while lounging around at home and going out! Now that I've had a day to think about settings, I might do something special with it. Like french cut sides or square emerald cut sides, both tapered, of course. Or something antique with engraving and maybe some pave? There are too many choices!!!

Just took this crappy pic of the happy family. I swear, iphone's forward facing camera is fantastic. ALL the pics in this thread came from my iphone. But the back facing one? crappy!

hfg_43.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
No you are not allowed to wear your lovely HG only on special occassions. Set it in a mount that is safe for your daily wear! ::) Eight prongs, low stance, or a bezel (prong or otherwise) would all allow you to wear it and not worry about it too much. My diamond is very well protected in its setting and it makes it much more wearable.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1345582997|3254998 said:
No you are not allowed to wear your lovely HG only on special occassions. Set it in a mount that is safe for your daily wear! ::) Eight prongs, low stance, or a bezel (prong or otherwise) would all allow you to wear it and not worry about it too much. My diamond is very well protected in its setting and it makes it much more wearable.

I agree with this. Dreamers and mine are set similarly, and remember how I was worried that with the thin girdles and what not I'd crack it? Now I'm like, nah, whatever. I wear it everywhere and don't give it a second thought. It's insured, and material possession that is meant to be enjoyed.

And if you are only going to bring that baby out on pimped out occasions, we are going to have to call it the HO-EC.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Snort! Great, now I want to name her Bambi or Candie...

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Amazing find, and well done! I second that you should set it in a way that you can wear it daily. From someone with experience with larger stones on smallish fingers, I say - if you love it that much, you will enjoy being able to wear it all the time. Especially since you feel it is your 'One'. lol

Anne

PS - I agree it's probably going to clock in closer to 4ct, given the dimensions you posted.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal said:
And if you are only going to bring that baby out on pimped out occasions, we are going to have to call it the HO-EC.

:lol: :lol:
ForteKitty said:
Snort! Great, now I want to name her Bambi or Candie...

Double snort! And she wears mini skirts and her heels are too high with long bright pink nails and extensions... ooops, I think I just described Britney Spears!!

Good one, TGal and FK! :appl: But I think she deserves something much more regal and sophisticated, Hermoine or Alexandra, and a life in a Rolls or a Bentley, with a mink stole around her shoulders!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a setting both Demelza and I coveted as well! Pretty easy to replicate with CAD/cast methods.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results