shape
carat
color
clarity

My Amazing Holy Grail - 9.9mm OEC!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
btw, I would like to say with all these large 3 carat beauties being strewn around here lately, if anyone wants to rehome their *measly* 2 carat stone, I would be happy to give it a lovely home on my RH ring finger. I'll stack with it my 3 stone and bands and just go for broke on the "bling ho" front.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its awesome. And when I saw profle pics I was also thinking that you should see if you can keep the head! The prong work and profile is really great, such a gorgeous example of victorian styling (even if its a later repro or something). I love the crown head.

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock
OMG

It's soooo beautiful!

Enjoy!

KatSullivan

Rough_Rock
DROOOOL! Amazing stone! congrats and wear it in health! I can't believe someone would ever forget that beauty in a safe deposit box. If only jewels could talk, I'm sure it would have an amazing story to tell :)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
STUNNING! I don't usually comment on these OEC threads because I have nothing valuable to add, but this stone is just absolutely beautiful. I couldn't NOT comment on how gorgeous it is!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
KatSullivan|1345481654|3254401 said:
DROOOOL! Amazing stone! congrats and wear it in health! I can't believe someone would ever forget that beauty in a safe deposit box. If only jewels could talk, I'm sure it would have an amazing story to tell :)

Is it wrong to really hope that it's actually from Storage Wars and Barry bought the locker?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I just picked my jaw up off the floor...

CONGRATS!!!

it is gorgeous!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
athenaworth|1345489024|3254453 said:
KatSullivan|1345481654|3254401 said:

Is it wrong to really hope that it's actually from Storage Wars and Barry bought the locker?

Hehehe DBF and I love that show! FK this is one AMAAAAAZING eBay find!!!! Congrats on the deal of the century!! Loving all these HUGE stones...have lots to look forward to eventually!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1345478404|3254375 said:
btw, I would like to say with all these large 3 carat beauties being strewn around here lately, if anyone wants to rehome their *measly* 2 carat stone, I would be happy to give it a lovely home on my RH ring finger. I'll stack with it my 3 stone and bands and just go for broke on the "bling ho" front.

Tell me about it right! ;( My 2ct RB seems really insificent to me right now!

Congrats on that beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see it set!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
WA-Wa-wa-WOWZERS! :appl: :love:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I will probably start selling my half carat oecs, but I want to keep my 2ct. I feel bad enough that she's gotten no love since Saturday. Everytime anyone mentions selling her, I have to put "earmuffs" on her!!

It'd be hilarious if it was sold by one of those storage wars guys. I love Barry. ::) Unfortunately, it was sold by the State. Bah. Not romantic at all, right?

So... during my lunch break, I went to a local coin/jewelry/pawn shop to use their diamond tester. It was too clean and I was afraid I might have misidentified an inclusion. Thankfully, it tested positive for diamond, whew! The in house jeweler measured it and said it's closer to 4ct, about K-L color, and VS1 at the lowest, and they offered me $5k more than I paid, right off the bat!! When I said I wasn't going to sell, they asked what number I'd consider accepting! That makes me feel real good since pawn shops are notorious for offering pittance for jewelry, to know that they'd offer me that much more than I paid... wow!! The guy seemed to really want it, and asked a few more times. He finally gave up and asked what I paid. When I told him, he looked like this: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o :shock:

I remember seeing this listed on eBay! I thought... holy jeez.. I hope a PSer gets that!

So, you're going to keep it a fancy schmancy pin, right? :lol: jk

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
bean|1345490637|3254472 said:
I remember seeing this listed on eBay! I thought... holy jeez.. I hope a PSer gets that!

So, you're going to keep it a fancy schmancy pin, right? :lol: jk

Seriously...because come on, these pieces of history shouldn't be tampered with. :tongue:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I was reminded that I didn't post any profile shots, so here's a crappy one. :bigsmile:

eta: it's not that tinted in person, and my nails are NOT that dirty either!!! It's the lighting in here, I swear!

hfg_40.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1345495718|3254524 said:
I was reminded that I didn't post any profile shots, so here's a crappy one. :bigsmile:

eta: it's not that tinted in person, and my nails are NOT that dirty either!!! It's the lighting in here, I swear!

*faints*

:love: :love: :love:

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
YYEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWZZZAAAAA!

That is INCREDIBLE! More pics, more more more! What a find, that really is one of a kind. Well done you! I can't wait to see what you do with it! (Display it in a museum perhaps?! :cheeky: )

Also what nail varnish are you wearing please I love it :bigsmile:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HYPERVENTILATING!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So beautiful! And your hands are too, if I may add. :))

I love it as a pin. What an understated yet overwhelming piece of jewelry. And I love your idea of taking the head off with the stone and attaching it to a ring. What an exciting project!

Congrats!!!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Porridge said:

That is INCREDIBLE! More pics, more more more! What a find, that really is one of a kind. Well done you! I can't wait to see what you do with it! (Display it in a museum perhaps?! :cheeky: )

I'll look when I get home! It was a $2.99 bottle from Target, IIRC.

More pics will be posted tonight! I'll take some after work. ::) I never imagined I'd own something so large and gorgeous, and it's still a bit overwhelming. Everytime I see her, my heart kind of skips a little. I finally found the One, and it makes me so happy. Her pattern makes me want to cry. The size is a bit daunting, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. :devil: All I know is I will never need a bigger one, and you all can hold me to it!!!

Right now she's pinned to my the front of my skirt so I can see her when I'm sitting at my desk. People are probably wondering why I keep staring at my crotch. :oops: :bigsmile:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1345498207|3254548 said:
Porridge said:

I'll look when I get home! It was a $2.99 bottle from Target, IIRC.

More pics will be posted tonight! I'll take some after work. ::) I never imagined I'd own something so large and gorgeous, and it's still a bit overwhelming. Everytime I see her, my heart kind of skips a little. I finally found the One, and it makes me so happy. Her pattern makes me want to cry. The size is a bit daunting, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. :devil: All I know is I will never need a bigger one, and you all can hold me to it!!!

Right now she's pinned to my the front of my skirt so I can see her when I'm sitting at my desk. People are probably wondering why I keep staring at my crotch. :oops: :bigsmile:

Only a PSer.... :rodent:

Just don't stroke it repeatedly, OK?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Haha, I caught myself talking to it earlier, and smiling. "you're so pretty...." I hope nobody heard. :lol:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
And what kind of PSer do you think I am?! Look but don't touch!! No fingerprints!!! :bigsmile:

hfg_41.jpg

TXJewel

Rough_Rock
Oh my Gawd!! What an awesome find and on ebay of all places! Love it and hope you can keep it set as is but on a ring, of course. :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is definitely a beautiful stone. You obviously have an eye for choosing great stones and again, to the victor go the spoils! I cannot wait to see how you set that stone - it will have to be a stunning piece of jewelry!

Your hand remind me of that picture that gets posted around here from time to time where the lady has on a one carat stone and a one and a half carat stone and a two carat stone so people can have some size perspective. They should reshoot that pic with your hand and include your 3+ carat stone. It looks huge on your hand but in a very lovely way!

Congrats to you on your find - I am impressed and amazed!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jesus, FK! You know how much I love this find!! But here I am drooling at your diamonds and your amazing finger size….. and busting out my calculator :X

9.9mm on a size 3.5 (or 14.45mm diameter) finger..
To get the equivalent "bang" factor on my 7.5 (17.75mm diameter) finger, I'd need a 12.16mm stone! *jaw drop emoticon here* :razz:
Okay, I know I said I didn't know which I was more jealous about: your diamond, your skills or your finger size..
but I've now concluded my rank of jealousy: 1. skills, 2. finger size, then 3. diamond.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
To - Die - For :-o

hoover

Shiny_Rock
Oh. My. Goodness. Gracious.

Holy bejeezus.

That is amazing!!! :cheeky: :love: :o :-o :love: :appl:

And amazingly huge.... and jaw droppingly gorgeous!

I wish I can pick up just a smidge of your eBay skills! Congrats on the find of the century. :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good GOD.
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I am fluorescing green :naughty: What a beauty FK!!!! I wish I was still in Cali - I'd be counting down 'til the next GTG :love:

And oh, wow. A *stickpin*? So what were the rings like??

I confess, I'm also curious what you paid for it :cheeky:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that you've pinned it to your skirt to you can sneak peeks at it!! Do you work in a busy office where people can see you do this? Then odds are - somebody's been wondering all day long --- "what the heck did FK spill in her lap??" :lol:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
GOOD LAWD. I DIE. Congratulations on a STUNNING steal of a beauty! Wear it in good health! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results