carat
color
clarity

Introducing Isla: HFG antique cushion from Jewels by Grace

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Introducing Isla: HFG antique cushion from Jewels by Gra

JLW05|1477627912|4091433 said:
Oh, my! It's beathtaking. So sorry about your fur baby crossing the Rainbow Bridge. I've been there and the first few weeks are especially painful.

Thank you for both the compliments on Isla and the condolences. I've had lost pets before, but it was a kinder thing to let them go peacefully than let them suffer... this one hit me hard though :(

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

Yimmers|1477692296|4091617 said:
The diamond is breathtaking - can't wait to see it set!

As a fur-mama herself, condolences to your loss. It was very hard to see my fur baby go to the rainbow bridge and understand how difficult this period is.

Thank you for your kind words in regards to both my stunning new cushion and the loss of my fur kiddo. It is nice that there are people out there that understand the kind of pain ensues after the death of a fur baby.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful, ROL. Love the facets and gorgeous pastels. I am so sorry for the loss of your baby; that is just so hard.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

minousbijoux|1477896543|4092213 said:
Beautiful, ROL. Love the facets and gorgeous pastels. I am so sorry for the loss of your baby; that is just so hard.

Thank you Minous !

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock

Oh my gosh I am DYING over your rock -- would you mind telling me how much it was?? I know Grace keeps her sold listings up, but for some reason I can't find it on her website and I really must know for future potential planning purposes hehe...

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This diamond is stunning. Just stunning!

Also sorry to hear about your dog. It's horrible when we lose pets.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

SandyK|1478206107|4093377 said:
Oh my gosh I am DYING over your rock -- would you mind telling me how much it was?? I know Grace keeps her sold listings up, but for some reason I can't find it on her website and I really must know for future potential planning purposes hehe...

This particular diamond was never advertised on her website or instagram as it was sourced specifically for me, so there would be no listing for it; it was purchased in March of this year. Before the girdle rehab I did it was around the 40k range, but with the higher colored antique cushions (with fantastic faceting) are becoming more and more rare, I'd only expect the pricing to go up. Grace did recently find an over 4 carat antique cushion GIA I VS clarity range, but it is wayyy over my budget. HAha so my upgrade dreams were quashed before they were even realized.

Heck, after 4 years of searching, I was about willing to pay anything for this darned diamond. My reaction to when I opened the diamond paper and saw the faceting told me it was "the one!"

Thanks for the compliments !

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

Alex T|1478206802|4093382 said:
This diamond is stunning. Just stunning!

Also sorry to hear about your dog. It's horrible when we lose pets.

Thank you for your compliments and condolences for my sweet Tori.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

2016-01-13_18.jpg

A picture of my sweet Tori who was just stretching after a nap with my other dog, Nitro.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Omg she's a bully :love: my MIL and FIL have the sweetest most wonderful brindle English bully. They are the most wonderful gentle sweet dogs! Their sharky faces and those lovely curved noses :love: :love:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

foxinsox|1478247124|4093571 said:
Omg she's a bully :love: my MIL and FIL have the sweetest most wonderful brindle English bully. They are the most wonderful gentle sweet dogs! Their sharky faces and those lovely curved noses :love: :love:

Yes!!! Everyone always confuses them for pitbulls though :doh:

I rescue and foster English Bull Terriers with Bull Terrier Rescue Inc! One of my 3 dogs currently is a foster fail... he had severe mange when we pulled him from the shelter and he is currently mange free !

https://www.instagram.com/p/70MY6RF1tb/?taken-by=bull_terrier_rescue_inc

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

After much deliberation and considering my much-reduced budget (post Tori's veterinary hospitalization bills),I've finally settled on a designer who has sketched out a beautiful design that fits both my desire for something unique, it also fits my husband's desire for something classic (odd but it works). I will be going with David Michael to have my ring made.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Tori, its so hard.

That stone is a STUNNER. Shut the front door!!!!!! Looked great in the temporary on your pretty hand and I super love the colorful brilliance. Enjoy! :appl: :love: :wavey:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

azstonie|1478828349|4096685 said:
I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Tori, its so hard.

That stone is a STUNNER. Shut the front door!!!!!! Looked great in the temporary on your pretty hand and I super love the colorful brilliance. Enjoy! :appl: :love: :wavey:

Aww thank you Azstonie for your kind words for Tori.

I never set Isla, that was actually one of those stone holders-- I can't wait for it to be set.. it's a modified version of a sketch he's made before (never ended up making the ring). with a twist.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Resonance.Of.Life|1478810893|4096527 said:
After much deliberation and considering my much-reduced budget (post Tori's veterinary hospitalization bills),I've finally settled on a designer who has sketched out a beautiful design that fits both my desire for something unique, it also fits my husband's desire for something classic (odd but it works). I will be going with David Michael to have my ring made.

Oh wow, I am glad I checked back in! Are you sending your stone to him in NZ? I am curious how that works. I wouldn't want someone else setting my stone, but I was always worried about sending a stone out of the country.

Still a halo?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh wow! His work is beautiful! Very intricate and unique to be sure. I've seen mostly his colored stone pieces which are sublime! I do hope you will share with us your finished piece :love:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1478877326|4096966 said:

Oh wow, I am glad I checked back in! Are you sending your stone to him in NZ? I am curious how that works. I wouldn't want someone else setting my stone, but I was always worried about sending a stone out of the country.

Still a halo?

This is going through the Jewels by Grace and David Michael collaboration so Grace will be handling the shipping. But I checked with Jeweler's Mutual and they indicated my diamond is covered by them during the shipping process if I decided to ship the diamond myself as it is going to a jeweler to be set. They recommended USPS even though it was going out of the country, but I would be covered in whatever method (should I decide to send it myself) I chose to use.

Only hint is that there is going to be argyle pinks in the design :razz:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

Bonfire|1478880644|4096998 said:
Oh wow! His work is beautiful! Very intricate and unique to be sure. I've seen mostly his colored stone pieces which are sublime! I do hope you will share with us your finished piece :love:

I saw a couple of his pieces in person and they are absolutely STUNNING. Delicate metalwork, and yet very sturdy. Yssie's 5 stone with RDG (the former company) is simply amazing and the design is spectacular. And the most recent one I got to try on and oogle was the Lotus Ring in the new Jewels by Grace and David Michael Collaboration.

dm_ring.jpg

PS :

Weird, the pic posted to PS looks like crud compared to what it looks like on the computer and iphone-- is the forum compressing the file?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Resonance.Of.Life|1478978896|4097519 said:

Still a halo?

This is going through the Jewels by Grace and David Michael collaboration so Grace will be handling the shipping. But I checked with Jeweler's Mutual and they indicated my diamond is covered by them during the shipping process if I decided to ship the diamond myself as it is going to a jeweler to be set. They recommended USPS even though it was going out of the country, but I would be covered in whatever method (should I decide to send it myself) I chose to use.

Only hint is that there is going to be argyle pinks in the design :razz:

Okay, that is ideal for Grace to ship it for you! But very good to know JM covers during international shipping. I have Chubb and that is a question I have not asked.

I like your hint!!!!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1479016358|4097732 said:

Still a halo?

Only hint is that there are going to be argyle pinks in the design :razz:

Okay, that is ideal for Grace to ship it for you! But very good to know JM covers during international shipping. I have Chubb and that is a question I have not asked.

I like your hint!!!!

We're switching to Chubb after it is set, they won't insure a loose stone D: and is going to be $200 cheaper to insure with Chubb than with JM @_@ . How do you like Chubb?

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock

Your stone is absolutely stunning - but with your impeccable taste in diamonds that was always going to be a given, but my oh my that photo of your beautiful Tori literally bought tears to my eyes, I'm so sorry that you lost your gorgeous bubba. These rescue babies just have such a special way about them. Thank you so much for being one of those amazing people who foster, help and love all those beautiful dogs. You are a superstar!! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Resonance.Of.Life|1479022403|4097746 said:
diamondseeker2006|1479016358|4097732 said:

Still a halo?

Only hint is that there are going to be argyle pinks in the design :razz:

I like your hint!!!!

We're switching to Chubb after it is set, they won't insure a loose stone D: and is going to be $200 cheaper to insure with Chubb than with JM @_@ . How do you like Chubb?

Great! My quote was less from Chubb, too, and they have a cash pay-out policy, so I prefer them! I have never made a claim, so I have nothing really to say about their service. But the one thing I love is that they periodically offer to raise the value on my items by a percentage without a new appraisal. Values have gone down since I bought my last diamond, so I obviously have not raised it, but it is a very nice option!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Resonance.Of.Life|1478315066|4093922 said:

I rescue and foster English Bull Terriers with Bull Terrier Rescue Inc! One of my 3 dogs currently is a foster fail... he had severe mange when we pulled him from the shelter and he is currently mange free !

I don't know how I missed this but wow, that's SUCH a transformation from that poor red baby to the after pic. My husband and I are planning to foster once we've had a bit more practice with our two pugs (I'm a complete novice dog owner) and when we have a little more time alongside work. I take my hat off to you for the work you do. It's hard but so necessary.
ps I'm excited to see your new ring when it's ready :lol:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Prettiest diamond I have ever seen.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

GeorgieQ|1479029022|4097755 said:
Your stone is absolutely stunning - but with your impeccable taste in diamonds that was always going to be a given, but my oh my that photo of your beautiful Tori literally bought tears to my eyes, I'm so sorry that you lost your gorgeous bubba. These rescue babies just have such a special way about them. Thank you so much for being one of those amazing people who foster, help and love all those beautiful dogs. You are a superstar!! :appl:

Thank you for your lovely words about my new acquisition !

Thank you especially for your condolences for my beautiful Tori and the rescue work I do. <3 :love:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

Diamondseeker2006:

The other nice thing about Chubb from what my agent told me, is that if you choose the replacement option instead of the cash pay-out policy, they cover up to 150% of the value of your item that was lost.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

foxinsox|1479076294|4097918 said:
Resonance.Of.Life|1478315066|4093922 said:

I don't know how I missed this but wow, that's SUCH a transformation from that poor red baby to the after pic. My husband and I are planning to foster once we've had a bit more practice with our two pugs (I'm a complete novice dog owner) and when we have a little more time alongside work. I take my hat off to you for the work you do. It's hard but so necessary.
ps I'm excited to see your new ring when it's ready :lol:

I am so thrilled to hear that you and your husband are willing to foster ! It is hard to let some of my fosters go, but I know it is because they are going to homes that are perfect for them! and you are right, it is a hard job and it's hard to see how cruel people are to these wonderful creatures, but it is so worth it to see a formerly abused dog blossom into the wonderful creature they really are.

I was quoted a 4 week lead time, butttttt I wanted to make the culet a wee bit bigger so that is what is holding up the process.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

pearaffair|1479081067|4097945 said:
Prettiest diamond I have ever seen.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

What a gorgeous diamond WOW!!

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock