shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing Isla: HFG antique cushion from Jewels by Grace

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Holy smokes. That cushion is beyond gorgeous! Enjoy. Can't wait to see her set! Sorry to hear about your precious pup. Breaks my heart as a fur baby mama.

Thanks! And thank you very much for your condolences, I still miss Tori every single day.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Each little gallery piece starts off as a bigger bar. Each little portion (on the finger tip) takes about 4 hrs to file and shape under a microscope. THIS is why I adore hand-forged. The minute details are not missed and the pieces are definitely a labor of love.

IMG_7341.JPG

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Squee- I just got word that Yoram finished my custom cut oecs for my ring and they are to be sent off to Mike now! I suspect only 2 weeks before my ring is done! Unfortunately, this also means that my new bands will not be completed before my Euro trip-- oh well!

lili

Ideal_Rock
That has got to be the prettiest diamond I've seen. Love it!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No. Words. This stone is amazing, I can't wait to see the setting!

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been holding out on my HFG (holy freaking grail) cushion that Grace (Jewels by Grace) and Anup (Jogani BH) obtained for me earlier this year. It's been quite the journey but strongly feel that this journey has come to an end. After 9 months of looking (and 4 years of figuring out what I really wanted in an antique cushion), they found my HFG cushion and it's the first diamond that actually made me gasp when I opened up the diamond paper. She is absolutely stunning and has that flowery faceting pattern that I've been craving in an antique cushion in a higher color. If your "unicorn" or "holy grail" diamond exists, I am sure that Grace or Anup can find it... and if they can't, it doesn't exist ! They actually came in under my original budget for my cushion and I would have loved to have found a GIA H (that's what my budget would have allowed), but alas, that wasn't in the cards for me.

I've been waffling on setting her as I NEED to get this setting right, for both my sanity and my husband's. But the setting will have to come later, we spent quite a bit of our "play money" on trying to save Tori, my first rescue dog and a senior at that when we adopted her 5 years ago. I still am grieving her loss and it's only been 2 weeks since she passed. But I'd give anything to have her back in a heartbeat, if that were at all possible.

Here is Isla in all her glory!

img_3898.jpg
img_4620.jpg
img_0822_0.jpg
img_3546.jpg

Stats: 3.02 carats GIA I, Si1 (eye-clean)
9.45 mm X 8.83 mm
No fluor (would've loved medium to strong, but hey, the faceting is spot on).

She is incredibly hard to photograph, hard to capture the way the facets are arranged to my eyes. Tried my best !
B

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw you had posted and I opened the thread expecting pictures :( I can't wait to see the finished product!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I saw you had posted and I opened the thread expecting pictures :( I can't wait to see the finished product![/QUOTE
I did too!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I saw you had posted and I opened the thread expecting pictures :( I can't wait to see the finished product!

Sorry! Soon it will be done :) Just in time for my Euro trip. I just won't have the bands done.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Teaser pic. The ring should arrive next week if all goes well. The custom cut oecs from Yoram were well worth the extended wait.

IMG_9535.JPG

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Why did he hide it? We want to see!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Major tease, man....

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
** THUD** That's without any doubt, the most gorgeous old cut I've seen on PS. That's saying A LOT! I remember a couple years back you describing your holy grail. I give you credit for your strength & patience to go after it & to not stop till you had it. Congratulations. Simply spectacular. I love the pics, so keep them coming. :)

Judy

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
** THUD** That's without any doubt, the most gorgeous old cut I've seen on PS. That's saying A LOT! I remember a couple years back you describing your holy grail. I give you credit for your strength & patience to go after it & to not stop till you had it. Congratulations. Simply spectacular. I love the pics, so keep them coming. :)

Judy

:) Thx for your praises! Isla really is perfect (more so if she were a GIA H though ;))

plad25

Shiny_Rock
Wow! This has to be one of my favorite diamonds I've seen. Ever. :love: I can't wait to see the completed pictures!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Today is Thursday!! :dance::dance:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! This has to be one of my favorite diamonds I've seen. Ever. :love: I can't wait to see the completed pictures!

Why thank you ^_^

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, but we leave for Europe tomorrow! If it doesn't clear by then, we'll have to wait 5 weeks before er get back.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
I have checked this thread about 20 times today for an update. I hope it clears customs soon enough for your trip!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results