carat
color
clarity

Introducing Isla: HFG antique cushion from Jewels by Grace

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Introducing Isla: HFG antique cushion from Jewels by Gra

Fulvia|1476784158|4088171 said:
ROL: she is breathtaking. Congratulations! What a happy and stunning ending!

I'm very sorry to hear, however, about your dog! I can't imagine your heartbreak. Hang in there!

Thank you for your kind words! I followed your diamond journey with much interest too !

And thank you very much for your condolences. My heart is very much still broken.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

MissGotRocks|1476786373|4088177 said:
I too am very sorry to hear about your dog; those losses are so heartbreaking!! Hope each day gets a bit easier for you. . .

Your new diamond is really beautiful though - I too will be anxious to see it set! Finding the one is not easy but when it's good it's all good and so worth it!!

Thank you for your condolences-- there are good days and there are bad. I know Tori, despite her horrible beginnings with terrible human beings who used her as a puppy producing machine and then dumped her at the shelter at 8 years old, would not want me to be sad. She was so happy go-lucky and I am so grateful that I was blessed enough to be the one to adopt her.

We'll see-- we spent over 10k trying to save my beloved dog. I couldn't justify such a huge expense of setting my diamond after such a huge loss.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

jaaron|1476795057|4088186 said:
I'm sorry about your sweet doggie. That's so hard.

Isla is absolutely beyond stunning. Gorgeous. I can't wait to see how you set her.

Thank you for your kind words in regards to both Tori and Isla. I definitely know a halo of sorts-- I was originally envisioning french cuts but at this time, it is too costly considering everything we just went through.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

Acinom|1476799110|4088201 said:
So sorry to hear about your dog. That's such a loss.

Your stone indeed looks amazing. What a great find. Looking forward to see how you will set it.

Thank you Acinom for your very kind words about Tori.

I love your collection and I am so envious of your jewels! You should come Stateside sometime so I can play with your jewels !

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1476799861|4088207 said:
Hugs for losing your precious doggie! :((

You already know I LOVE :love: your antique cushion and I know how very hard great ones are to find! But it is WELL worth the wait to find the perfect one! (And you are a lot like me in that deciding on the setting is even harder than finding the stone!)

Thank you DS, I know you were very kind when I was posting about my loss elsewhere.

haha, I wonder if we'll ever end up setting our perfect diamonds?

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

luv2sparkle|1476802066|4088217 said:
ROL, I am so sorry about losing Tori. Losing a furbaby is so hard. Hugs.

Your new stone is gorgeous! It is perfect in every way. I love everything about it. I have not really wanted to jump on the OEC train, but your stone makes me won't too! ( I am more of a MRB girl). Wow, so perfect!

Thank you for your condolences. It feels like my heart was ripped out of my chest. She was such a special dog to me and she got me into the dog rescue world and I've gotten more involved with rescue as a result of her.

Isla is a cushion with almost OEC-like faceting. The best of both worlds?

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

apacherose|1476804435|4088233 said:
Beautiful gem. Antique cushions have my heart, and this is a true lovely. Congratulations, enjoy Isla- loved the video she seems very captivating to behold!

I am sorry for the loss of your dear pet.

apacherose said:
I forgot to add that I am (a nerd, admittedly, for feeling this way) but I am COMPLETELY psyched to see how you set this beauty.

Thank you for your kind words about my recent loss. I don't have children and my dogs are my kids-- it was completely gut-wrenching to get the call from the doggy ICU that she was gone.

I've never been so flattered in my life! I guess I do have a reputation here on PS for being the OCD/Picky perfectionist when it comes to diamonds and settings. :bigsmile:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

PintoBean|1476806839|4088252 said:
Beautiful!!!! :love: :love: :love:

:love:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

ac117|1476808672|4088267 said:
Droooooooool!!! :lickout: This is definitely my idea of a *perfect* antique cushion, as well! :appl: Can't wait to see how you set her!!

And I'm sorry to hear about your loss...it's always so hard to lose a great friend :((

Right? A needle in a haystack -- a HUGE haystack that is to find this holy grail cushion. I swear, if it doesn't exist then Anup and Grace can't find it. They both have a great eye for faceting and this definitely was a winner.

Thank you for your kind words about my loss. She was definitely a special dog and she'll always hold a place in my heart that no one else can take.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

Rockinruby|1476810706|4088280 said:
I'm very sorry for your loss Tori must have been an amazing girl. I know you will carry her in your heart forever. Hugs!

Isla is breathtaking! :love: Such beautiful faceting! She is a stunner! :appl: :appl: :appl:

She definitely was-- there are so many hard days and I try to get through them by remembering all the silly things she's done to surprise us. She never was ever in a bad mood or unhappy despite her terrible beginnings being used and abused by humans. Thank you for your very kind words about Tori.

I can't believe I finally settled on a diamond and my search is over-- although I wouldn't kick a bigger version of Isla out of bed ;-)

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

JDDN|1476813716|4088302 said:
Gasp!!! Isla is outright stunning!!!! Congratulations on finding her ::) .

So sorry about Tori. Big hugs to you.

I cannot believe that the search is over for the perfect antique cushion! It's almost unreal.

Thank you so much for your condolences, it truly was the worst night of my life.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

Tourmaline|1476817043|4088323 said:
My jaw is on the floor. What an amazing diamond! Congratulations! And big hugs about your doggie. <3

Thank you ! It is definitely a compliment to elicit such a response from you :)

Many thanks for your condolences for my loss, it is much appreciated.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

m-2-b|1476824372|4088362 said:
Rescue dogs do make the best companions (as we rescued our beloved dog as well who passed away a few years ago)! So sorry for your recent loss...

It is bittersweet that you found your holy grail "Isla"--wear her in the best of health (in whatever setting you do eventually end up choosing)!

Rescue dogs are the best and I am continually amazed by the resilience and love a dog can offer. They do not hold onto the past like humans do, and I suppose we could all be a little more like dogs and live in the moment. Thank you for your condolences. I am sorry about your loss as well-- perhaps adopting again might be an option?

Finding the right diamond seems easier than finding the right setting, the irony.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

Bonfire|1476826398|4088376 said:
Wow! I should say Isla's faceting is spot on! Doesn't get any better than that. :love: What a roller coaster of joy and heartbreak for you.
I'm so sorry for your loss of Tori. Our greif is as strong as our love for our fur babies ;( Hugs ROL

Isla is so perfect, it's really almost unbelievable that no one plucked her up prior to this. Anup found her not in any of the big shows, but by hitting the pavement and searching for my perfect diamond!

Thank you for your very kind words. I never knew my heart could hurt this badly, and while logically I knew she couldn't live for forever (13 years old) but I never wanted her to go out like this. It really kills me.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

Poodles4me|1476829611|4088388 said:
I am so sorry about Tori. The heartbreak of losing a fur baby is awful.

Isla Is gorgeous. Congratulations on wonderful find and I hope you have many years of enjoyment from her beauty.

Thank you for your condolences and I realize that it might sound crazy to some people, but it really feels like a human family member has died. I was so physically ill from losing her. And granted, I deal with life and death situations as an ICU nurse, but this was far more gut wrenching than any situation I've been involved in as a nurse.

I hope I can enjoy her for many years and not get an upgrade itch (I am sure my husband is tired of the constant upgrades). :rodent:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

LawmaLlama|1476831877|4088398 said:
Woah, that is beautiful. I can't wait to see how you set it (someday).

Thanks! :wavey:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

UrsTx|1476839323|4088428 said:
Wow Wee! I'm not sure that diamond will ever stop sparkling!! :love:

haha thanks! your compliments are much appreciated, esp since you have a gorgeous and HUGE cushion yourself. :)

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

arkieb1|1476847957|4088456 said:
Stunning stone, congrats, can't wait to see how you set it!!!! And sorry about your dog!!!!

Thanks Arkie! Knowing me, some complicated setting as I love elaborate settings, but I may surprise myself. Hubby wishes I were a solitaire girl. 8)

Thank you for your condolences.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

I will say though, that I've met some amazing women because of PS and have established long lasting and real friendships due to our mutual love of jewelry. When Tori passed and I was beyond heartbroken, these wonderful women sent me flowers and a very generous donation to a dog rescue that specifically rescues English Bull Terriers (aka the Target dog or Spuds Mackenzie) as Tori was a wonderful example of the breed.

My heart is full because of the love, care and support these women have shown/provided me during this rough time. And I am so glad that there are people out there who understand the heartache and undeniable real pain that loss of a pet inflicts upon one's heart.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So sorry for the loss of your pup. She was a beauty, from the photos I saw on IG. Hopefully she is playing and having lots of treats somewhere over rainbow bridge.

I love your HFG cushion! can't wait to see how you will set it. Your settings are always gorgeous! :naughty:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Such a gorgeous diamond; the faceting, the personality in the video, everything!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ROL, Isla is gorgeous. Breathtaking and spectacular and cannot wait to see how you set her.

I am so sorry about Tori and my deepest condolences to you and your family. (((HUGS))).

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Amazing diamond! :love:

Shoney

Rough_Rock

Oh. my. word. That is one gorgeous rock! :love:
And your pictures are delightful. Been trying to photograph mine, and either I'm doing it all wrong or I need a new camera!
The past several weeks I've been looking for my own holy grail, and the indecision about my current stone is driving me nuts. Reading your initial reaction to your stone is telling for me.
Can't wait to see how you set it!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

She is gorgeous!

Sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved dog. Never easy...

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Very sorry to hear of your loss ROL. I hope time heals the pain and you are left with just amazing memories of Tori to make you smile.

Just wanted to say your stone is utterly gorgeous, truly. Antique cushion with OEC faceting is just beautiful, the only kind of antique cushions I like. Wishing you a wonderful journey in finding its setting.

P

PierreBear

Sorry to hear about your dog. Beautiful diamond though. Love the facets! Keep us posted on how you set it!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock

Phenomenal diamond. :love:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dog - she sounds like she was a sweet wonderful part of your life. Kudos to you for rescuing her and giving her a happy second half of her life.
Ps your diamond is gorgeous :love: I hope you enjoy setting it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wow incredible!!! Love it.

I am so sorry about Tori.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results