shape
carat
color
clarity

a new pendant and a new ring - photos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the necklace, and the stories behind all your pieces - such treasures.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
All of them are lovely!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
stepcutgirl, So Excited, packie, MakingTheGrade, ringthings, pancake, Maisie, lulu, canuk-gal, chiquitapet, atroop, vip0802, Uppy, AGBF, dreamer_d, Cehrabehra, DandiAndi, Catmom, risingsun, softlysoftly, Gypsy, yssie and lknvrb4 –

Thank you for all your kind and encouraging comments. I absolutely love these new, small pieces. They’re going to be precious to me forever.

Jewelry can be a lot more than just ‘bling’, cant it?

Ringthings – you’re such a softie :)
Pancake – thank you for those kind words
Maisie – thank you for those comments – I value your friendship too. Xo
Atroop – thanks lady :) looking forward to seeing you soon! Hugs!
Vip0802 – awwwww! What a kind thing to say :)
Hi Uppy! How’s things going with your upcoming JM setting? Has it begun yet? I’m so looking forward to seeing it – it’ll be one for the ages!! And thank you for those comments re my engagement ring; I love that ring and I’ve never taken a photo which does it justice (no macro setting – d’oh!), and despite it not being large by PS standards, I absolutely love it and it’s the sorts of proportions that I really like. Cant wait to put it with a Leon wedder!!
AGBF – thanks for the link :) I left some comments for you on that thread.
Cehrabehra – I should have taken somephotos – but I didn’t – d’oh!
Catmom – thanks Michelle, I see Julie tomorrow – I’ll let you know what she says :)
Risingsun – Marian, I’m never going to have anything as spectacular as your new HOF pendant, but this works for me, and I’m very pleased :)
Softlysoftly – yes, it was very difficult. But this is a lovely little tribute.
Gypsy – thank you for those lovely comments. My photo skills leave SO much to be desired that I tend to keep my photos to a minimum. I REALLY need a macro setting!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Love it all!!!! GORGEOUS!!!

ENJOY!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
whitby-that is so sweet! and gorgeous!!!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Such gorgeous pieces Whitby! ..and the 3-stone is absolute perfection!
30.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
what a sweet and sentimental collection of jewelry! :) You always seem such a gentle person Whitby
1.gif

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
Whitby I love the story! I know your sister will love it. It''s not always about the flash and size but the sentiment. You are a lovely sister

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I enjoyed reading the stories behind the jewelry pieces, and they are not only special to you but beautiful as well. What a kind person you are!

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I love how everything turned out!! Your sister will surely be thrilled!

You''re inspiring me since I have a single earring from a pair given to me by my grandmother''s sister and frankly lots of other little "scrap" pieces.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very sweet and meaningful.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
That story is sad. I''m glad you were able to do something nice with the gold for you and your sister. Both pieces are really beautiful.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Can I start by saying I think you are one hell of a lady!!!

Your jewellery is an inspiration because each piece has not only beauty but such a deep meaning to it.

I think with PS I get so carried away by the sparkle and science I forget that my jewellery, the pieces that truly I cannot live without, are the ones with real sentimental rather than monetary value.

Thank you. You have once again reminded me of what is important in life. Love and family. Oh and by family I mean those that love without limits, not merely blood lines.

April20

Ideal_Rock
These pieces are beautiful. I love what you''ve done and the story behind it. It''s so touching.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oh Whitby, what beautiful and sentimental pieces! I love the meaning behind both the pendant(s) and ring, and I''m sure your sister will love and appreciate the ring!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely necklace, and SUCH a sweet sentiment with the ring!!!!!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH, Kareyn! I always love reading your stories behind your jewelry. You have the most lovely pieces, made even more special by the sentimentality tied to them. Wear the new pendant in good health, and I adore the ring you made for your sister! Just warms my heart!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
The new charm is gorgeous and I really love your anniversary pendant - so pretty and delicate! The ring you had made for your sister is also very simple and beautiful - what a thoughtful gift. So sorry to hear the story of your mom''s untimely passing but it''s really lovely that you were able to take her bangle and remake it into such special pieces.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Dani, Bella, wsblue, Maevie, cemrn, SparklyOEC, winternight, oddoneout, innerkitten, susimoo, April20, Brown.Eyed.Girl, princessplease, LaurenTP and legra,

Thank you so much for all your kind words!

I delivered the ring to my sister, Julie yesterday.

Julie is a very strong woman who feels things very deeply but has always found it difficult to express those emotions. She the principal of an old, elite private girl’s school in Sydney, and perhaps it’s that which has taught her to ‘keep it all locked in when everyone else is letting it all hang out’. So I wasn’t sure what to expect from such an emotionally charged gift. She was very close to our mother. In fact, when Julie married and moved away from home, our mother used to call her every day at 11am on the dot. For months after she died, Julie’s eyes would turn to the phone around 11am, waiting for Mum’s call. And when our father died completely unexpectedly a few years later, Julie was devastated. I forgot to mention that in Julie’s ring and in my pendant is a small part of the wedding ring my Dad gave my Mum. So this was extra special.

We arrived at 2.30 and Julie got us a cup of tea. We all sat around the dining table and I told her I had a gift for her. She had no idea what was coming :) I handed her a little bag with a box and a card in it and asked her to read the card first. As she read I watched her hands and saw her start to tremble. Her eyes filled up with tears and when she opened the box she couldn’t speak for a few seconds. She tried it on and it fitted perfectly, and she came around to where I was sitting, gave me a big hug and told me she loved it. :) She didn’t take it off while we were there, and told me she’d be wearing it to my niece, Erin’s, wedding in June. But I could also tell, from the way she put it on, that that ring is ‘there for good’. Somewhere I hope Mum saw and was pleased…

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
whitby, I admire the thought, the effort, the sentiment and the love that you put into creating all of your pieces. You are a very special lady.

I think Julie''s ring is absolutely beautiful for obvious reasons and for sentimental reasons, and I was pretty sure she was going to love it. I can''t wait to see the one you create for yourself with the ruby in it.

Tim is such a sweet man to bring you a diamond! I love your new pendant and I really love it next to your T&K pendant. I''d love to have a disc pendant like that made for me and my husband. Your neckline must look beautiful.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Whitby, your story brought tears to my eyes. The pendant is beautiful and holds such a special meaning. Wear it and have great memories of your mom.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Whitby, you write so eloquently. My eyes were watering as I read your story about how you presented the ring to your sister. Such beautiful, thoughtful pieces.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
thanks gemgirl :)

i love my new pendant and have been wearing it with my T&K pendant every day. it's extremely special and very precious, as you can imagine, and i get a real kick out of putting it on each morning. it's kinda comforting...

tim has been so generous and patient re jewelry over the years and i have more than a person can reasonably justify. my list of 'wants' is limited now, however, and i think he's secretly looking forward to the end of this year when i say 'i'm done'. who could blame him?! :)

lizzyann and tigian - thanks for your good wishes. after my mother died, my father married again (and died only a few years later), and a lot of my parents things which i treasured (including things i'd bought both parents) passed out of my life for good. it was a difficult lesson, but i learnt that the only things you can truly own are your memories, so any 'thing' that jogs that is precious. these charms and rings are 'memory joggers' - symbols - and as such hugely valuable - to me. :)

brilliance4me

Shiny_Rock
Wow Witby Im sorry to here about your mom. I lost my mom a very young age suddenly. Some times I feel like Im the only person without one.

(im sorry I dont me to get awe musshy) I love what you have done with her jewelry! The necklace and especially your sisters ring! That was so loving and thoughtful of you! Im sure it will me alot to your sister as well.

The jewelry is indeed precious and beautiful!

Truely wonderful!
1.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
thanks brilliance :)

and i love your new 5 stone, too!!

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Kareyn, what a beautiful ring with such deep symbolism and meaning. I confess that I teared up when I read about your sister''s reaction. It sounds as though she is deeply touched.

Your diamond charm/pendant is beautiful. I love the wide surround and it really complements the stone. I would love to see a neck shot if you have a chance.

I''m now working on my wish list and hope I can make some progress when my 50th rolls around in 4 years. You''re inspiring me!

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
Whitby, thanks for sharing your wonderful and moving story -- I read it twice, and it brought tears to my eyes. Julie is fortunate to have such a wonderful sister! :)

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
thanks gayletmom :)

so tell me - what sort of things are circling round *your* 50th birthday wish list? i''d love to know what you''re considering... and thank you for the nice comments -i love the way the pendant turned out.

and thank you also, lightningbug - they''re very special pieces to me :)

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Whitby~I asked you a question on another thread and now I can't find it
33.gif
Are you having another ring made by Leon? If so, can you talk about it or is it a surprise? Please throw me a bone here
35.gif
I know about the earrings, but got wind of something else. Am I right
9.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi marian :)

i''m planning another one for later this year. i''ve recently finished buying the stones for a new 5 stone ring - .26 x 2,.32 x 2 and .4 x 1 - and am asking leon to set them in yellow gold, plat head. this will probably be around september, tho; i''m waiting on my earrings first!

i''m also umming and ahhing about getting a lovely 1.12 diamond i have reset (currently in a tiffany style setting) with sidestones. possibly Christmas?

i also have the stones for a pair of diamond drops and may also halo a small pair of studs i have.

and i want jim meyer to reset my mother''s opal (currently in a TERRIBLE setting!)

so they''re my projects! plenty of stuff going on... :)

what''s your next project?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results