shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT GOG AVC Meets Leon Mege! My ring is here!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone :wavey:

I didn't realize this post was resurrected!
Yes I still love my ring after months now!! I look at it all the time. The setting is perfectly proportioned for the size of the diamond, a thicker band would have made the diamond look smaller. The size of the upside down set french cuts is really amazing, tiny tiny little diamonds that still send out color. I love the fine millgraining, I love the claw prongs, I love the ring. It is a comfortable ring to wear and I wear it. I work in a SICU setting with a very busy trauma population so I am very hands on at work. So far so good with durability.

The AVC diamond is M -azing. For an M it looks reallllly white in most light. The only time I can really tell that it's warm is early morning or twilight in natural light with the ring tilted so I can see under the crown. When I tell jewelers it's an M they don't believe me. I think it is a sign of just how well the stone is cut. As for the diamond--- I can't describe to you how beautiful it is. The height of the crown was something that I was worried about but it is now one of my favorite parts. Without the crown height the diamond wouldn't be the same. I have memorized the facets I love it that much. The color that comes from the diamond is amazing. Gold, green, blue, pink, red, orange all there. But the more amazing colors are the pastels... In certain light the maltese cross in the pavilion cast off pastel color. Warm pastels that look as though they are glazed on a piece of silvered glass.

Keeping it clean became an issue, ethol based hand cleaning gel (at work) schmutzes up my ring badly. Solution--- windex and a child's toothbrush mixed with a drop of dish detergent and scrub. Keeps it very very sparkly now. Even gets the dirt out of the pavilion (which is really annoying).

This is my ongoing review of my new LG washing machine... ah er Ring hehe hope it is helpful

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I really like the cut of the diamond.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I think I missed your ring the first time--it's gorgeous! The AVCs are incredibly beautiful, and yours is no exception.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Treenbean said:
Hi Everyone :wavey:

I didn't realize this post was resurrected!
Yes I still love my ring after months now!! I look at it all the time. The setting is perfectly proportioned for the size of the diamond, a thicker band would have made the diamond look smaller. The size of the upside down set french cuts is really amazing, tiny tiny little diamonds that still send out color. I love the fine millgraining, I love the claw prongs, I love the ring. It is a comfortable ring to wear and I wear it. I work in a SICU setting with a very busy trauma population so I am very hands on at work. So far so good with durability.

The AVC diamond is M -azing. For an M it looks reallllly white in most light. The only time I can really tell that it's warm is early morning or twilight in natural light with the ring tilted so I can see under the crown. When I tell jewelers it's an M they don't believe me. I think it is a sign of just how well the stone is cut. As for the diamond--- I can't describe to you how beautiful it is. The height of the crown was something that I was worried about but it is now one of my favorite parts. Without the crown height the diamond wouldn't be the same. I have memorized the facets I love it that much. The color that comes from the diamond is amazing. Gold, green, blue, pink, red, orange all there. But the more amazing colors are the pastels... In certain light the maltese cross in the pavilion cast off pastel color. Warm pastels that look as though they are glazed on a piece of silvered glass.

Keeping it clean became an issue, ethol based hand cleaning gel (at work) schmutzes up my ring badly. Solution--- windex and a child's toothbrush mixed with a drop of dish detergent and scrub. Keeps it very very sparkly now. Even gets the dirt out of the pavilion (which is really annoying).

This is my ongoing review of my new LG washing machine... ah er Ring hehe hope it is helpful

Got my ring appraised yesterday (don't have the official report yet but the appraiser loved the quality of the ring and said it was set
phenomenally ''

coco3

Rough_Rock
Treenbean, your ring is fabulous!! Any more information on those upside down French cuts? I didn't even notice that the first time I looked at the photos, but now I can kind of see the pointy ends sticking up. Did Leon take any in-progress shots or do you have some closer close-ups?

Very interesting, keep it coming!

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
OH. MY. GOODNESS!!!! Your ring is just gorgeous! It's everything I love- chunky cushion, dainty dainty tiny band with just the right amount of sparkle to accent the center stone...I just love it! Could not be more gorgeous! Congrats!

Matthewmon

Rough_Rock
love it!!! I would love to see a closer hand shot!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful and delicate design.............and "upside down french cuts"!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gorgeous!! I adore the AVC! Beautifully executed with the LM setting!!! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
I really love your ring its absolutely beautiful! :love: :love: :love: I love older cut diamonds lower in color particularly K,L, and M. Your is just a stunner! I hope to have an OEC in K,L or M color as an e-ring one day. Enjoy your ring but I'm sure I don't have to tell you that.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Just GORGEOUS!!! His work is amazing!!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
Just came back to drool some more! :love:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Was this a custom piece, or is the setting on his website? I LOVE the setting. Saw a similar one years ago and haven't been able to find one quite like it...but this is really close. Congrats!

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is stunning and the more i look at AVC 's the more i am glad we made that choice when we went for GOG and chose AVC.
The setting is gorgeous, enjoy it in good health.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Hello again everyone.
I love how this post keeps getting resurrected! I will try to take closer hand pics today.

DuckLV- I initially wanted an OEC in a lower color too. I looked high and low found some and wasn't happy with the price or the performance for the price. So the AVC was def the way to go. I have heard people say they are too cookie cutter. They are wrong (IMHO). I don't think there are subtle differences (after studying GOG's website for 3 years). Plus there aren't enough of them out there to be cookie cutter! Have fun and good luck in your search.

Coco3 The only thing I know about the diamond parcel the upside down french cuts came from, was that they were antique stock. They were soooo tiny Leon didn't even really want to call them french cuts. He was using them for my ring and in the little micropave eternity bands.

Amc 80 Yep this was custom, I didn't want anything over the top. Plus we didn't have an unlimited budget. I just wanted a very sturdy well made beauty and that is what I got!!! I couldn't be happier with the ring and diamond. I feel very lucky, and I feel like I did my homework and made good choices.

Doc_1 I love the diamond... I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found GOG! Jonathan is truly a nice man who has enormous talent.

greenmoose

Rough_Rock
Hello. This is an absolutely beautiful setting and I have looked at it many times on LM's website and am working on creating an ering from the antique calibre band. My specific question is in regards to the width of the band. Do you ever feel that it is too thin at 1.4mm or too fragile? It seems that most bands are 1.8-2mm at minimum and 1.4 seems exceptionally thin. Overally, it is an exceptional ring and I am so happy for you. Have a great day.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
It's lovely! So delicate!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
So gorgeous and delicate!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow--truly an heirloom. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results