shape
carat
color
clarity

Now why on earth did I did my toe in over here!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2009 1:04:32 PM
Author: DiaDiva
CDN, those earrings are gorgeous! What size are they?

Thanks, DiaDiva! I
30.gif
them. They''re 7.65 mm, according to the cert. I have small-medium sized earlobes, so a perfect size for me, I think.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
CDN, they are indeed the perfect size for you. You look beautiful.

I wish I had dainty earlobes like you
3.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
CDN, those are beautiful and look beautiful on you!! These babies should have had their own thread a long time ago!

I hope that when I was suggesting Freshadamas over Hanadamas I didn't offend you; I would LOVE to have a pair of Hanadamas myself. They are certainly gorgeous, and there is something really special about knowing that you have the finest akoyas there are. The only reason I suggest Freshadamas over Hanadamas is because they are much more cost effective while still being very high quality, so I hope you didn't mind my comments.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/8/2009 1:07:38 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
Here''s a cropped photo of me wearing them on my wedding day. I wanted to include this one ''cause it not only shows how the size 7.6mm looks in an ear-shot but I think it also shows that they don''t look as pink on the ear as they do off.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

PS. I also dealt with Kirsten at PP; she was fantastic to work with.

ETA: woah, that was huge! Eek, sorry!!!

Woah.. what a pretty bride and the earrings look so elegant on you! Just gorgeous!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2009 1:36:39 PM
Author: szh07
CDN, those are beautiful and look beautiful on you!! These babies should have had their own thread a long time ago!

I hope that when I was suggesting Freshadamas over Hanadamas I didn't offend you; I would LOVE to have a pair of Hanadamas myself. They are certainly gorgeous, and there is something really special about knowing that you have the finest akoyas there are. The only reason I suggest Freshadamas over Hanadamas is because they are much more cost effective while still being very high quality, so I hope you didn't mind my comments.

Oh, please don't worry! I wasn't offended at all and didn't take your comments as anything other than great advice and recommendation to Gailey.

I was also considering Freshadamas when looking into purchasing my studs but they didn't have the overtone/size I wanted in stock. I just happened to email Kirsten about Hanadamas and she let me know PP just got three pairs in. Since my budget was a bit flexible (I only wanted to buy one piece of jewelry for my wedding vs. a few) I was able to go with the Hanadamas.

Thank you for the lovely compliments.
1.gif

ETA; cushioncutnut, thanks!

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a cropped photo of me wearing them on my wedding day. I wanted to include this one ''cause it not only shows how the size 7.6mm looks in an ear-shot but I think it also shows that they don''t look as pink on the ear as they do off.

Your earrings are beautiful! Has anyone ever told you that you look like Debra Messing?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Hey girls, just got in from work. Very dirty, need beer and a bath, back in a bit to look at the pictures and make some comments!

TTFN

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

CDN, thank you for posting such a wonderful photo. You looked so calm and thoughtful, and chilled out!

Your studs are the perfect size for you. I will see if I can get Mr Gailey to post a picture of my existing studs in my ears tomorrow. I`ve got a wedding photo somewhere that must be on the computer because Baby Gailey had it printed on an apron for me last Christmas. Give me 5 and I`ll find it. You`ll all get to see my Grandmothers pearls.

BTW, I think my ear lobes are a smidge smaller than yours - and yours are tiny!

I`ve definitely made my mind up to get the Freshadamas. I just need to decide on what size etc.

Mind you, as I was shutting down my PC last night, I was just about to close the PO site and decided to see what their deal of the day was. OMG, a 100`` rope of AA Freshadamas, Just like I had for my wedding. I got as far as filling out the form and was just about to plug in my visa number when I brought myself down to earth and decided it was far better to get what I really, really need and want first before I indulge myself on something I may only wear once a year or so. Mind you, for $110 how could go go wrong ....

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/8/2009 10:01:51 PM
Author: Gailey

Here's a cropped photo of me wearing them on my wedding day. I wanted to include this one 'cause it not only shows how the size 7.6mm looks in an ear-shot but I think it also shows that they don't look as pink on the ear as they do off.

CDN, thank you for posting such a wonderful photo. You looked so calm and thoughtful, and chilled out!

Your studs are the perfect size for you. I will see if I can get Mr Gailey to post a picture of my existing studs in my ears tomorrow. I`ve got a wedding photo somewhere that must be on the computer because Baby Gailey had it printed on an apron for me last Christmas. Give me 5 and I`ll find it. You`ll all get to see my Grandmothers pearls.

BTW, I think my ear lobes are a smidge smaller than yours - and yours are tiny!

I`ve definitely made my mind up to get the Freshadamas. I just need to decide on what size etc.

Mind you, as I was shutting down my PC last night, I was just about to close the PO site and decided to see what their deal of the day was. OMG, a 100`` rope of AA Freshadamas, Just like I had for my wedding. I got as far as filling out the form and was just about to plug in my visa number when I brought myself down to earth and decided it was far better to get what I really, really need and want first before I indulge myself on something I may only wear once a year or so. Mind you, for $110 how could go go wrong ....
I think you'll be pleased with the freshadamas. Another plus for freshadamas is that their rose overtone is natural whereas rose akoyas have gone through a pinking process.

Also just wanted to clarify that Freshadamas are Pearl Paradise's brand of their top of the line freshwaters. The PO ropes are AA+ quality freshwaters. They have lower luster and aren't as round.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Brightlight. The natural pink overtone is just another good reason for Freshadamas.

Here''s a picture of me (and Baby Gailey) on my 2nd wedding day wearing Granny''s pearls. Unfortunately, I don''t have a closer shot of them - if only I''d known I was going to need one!

I can''t tell you much about them other than my Aunt brought them with her the morning of my wedding and left with them that evening. I will look out the wedding photo I have of my Grandmother to see if she is wearing them at her wedding. A job for tomorrow!

Gailey and Baby Gailey circa 1993.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gailey, they look gorgeous on you! How wonderful to wear family heirlooms on your wedding day!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Brightlight, I've never been told that, but thank you! Looks like we have similar cheekbones and a thin upper lip.
5.gif

Gailey, what a great photo! The pearls are gorgeous. I would have loved to see a close-up of those earrings.
30.gif

I'm confident you'll be very happy with the Freshadamas. I've only read fantastic reviews on them. Please post photos when you get them!

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 12:56:56 PM
Brightlight, I''ve never been told that, but thank you! Looks like we have similar cheekbones and a thin upper lip.
5.gif

Gailey, what a great photo! The pearls are gorgeous. I would have loved to see a close-up of those earrings.
30.gif

I''m confident you''ll be very happy with the Freshadamas. I''ve only read fantastic reviews on them. Please post photos when you get them!
Oh, you''re being silly. You''re both beautiful!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Gailey,

As I haven''t bought from either vendor, I can''t help you with their quality. But I want to chip in to say that the morganite pearls are gorgeous and I am sure they would look very pretty with the pearl studs whichever you choose! And you look so pretty in the pic!
35.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gailey the pearls look great on you! What a beautiful pic too!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2009 11:16:44 PM
Author: szh07
Gailey, they look gorgeous on you! How wonderful to wear family heirlooms on your wedding day!
Thanks shz, I was indeed a lucky girl. I still have the earrings, my Grandmother had given those to me many years earlier. I''ll clean them up and post a better picture of them at some point. The choker had to be held together with fuse wire (very thin cotton wire) because the clasp was broken, so that was kind of interesting!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 1:38:17 PM
Author: brightlight

Brightlight, I''ve never been told that, but thank you! Looks like we have similar cheekbones and a thin upper lip.
5.gif

30.gif

I''m confident you''ll be very happy with the Freshadamas. I''ve only read fantastic reviews on them. Please post photos when you get them!
Oh, you''re being silly. You''re both beautiful!
Gee thanks Brightlight. I think all brides are beautiful though don''t you. That kind of happiness just radiates through.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 3:56:14 PM
Author: megeve
Gailey,

As I haven''t bought from either vendor, I can''t help you with their quality. But I want to chip in to say that the morganite pearls are gorgeous and I am sure they would look very pretty with the pearl studs whichever you choose! And you look so pretty in the pic!
35.gif
Thanks Megeve. You know, it''s interesting, I started thinking about new pearls because of the morganites, but the more I think about it, the more I think I want larger pearls. Certainly want larger ones for the necklace. Someone posted a comment about larger pearls looking more fitting on older (fuller-figured) women and I certainly fit into that category! So they may not go with the morganites after all. Or perhaps I need to get an extra pair just for the morganites - we''ll see.

My girlfriend is going to take a photo of my current pearl studs tomorrow and I will go into a jeweller and get them to measure them so I can make some comparisons.

I''d really like opera length, because then I would have the versitility of doubling them up. There aren''t any listed on PP''s site, so I will have to phone them to see what they have.

Just as a side note, I''ve just come in from watching "Julie & Julia" which is a film about Julia Child. I don''t think there was a shot in the movie where she isn''t wearing either a single or double strand of pearls!

And thank you for the complement BTW.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Brightlight, I've never been told that, but thank you! Looks like we have similar cheekbones and a thin upper lip.
5.gif

30.gif

I'm confident you'll be very happy with the Freshadamas. I've only read fantastic reviews on them. Please post photos when you get them!
Thank you CDN. The earrings are in my group shot. Here's a close up, it's a bit blurry and I certainly need to give them a bit of a clean-up. They are silver and set with marcasite, so I'm not really sure how to clean them. Maybe I will just scrub the silver/marcasite bits up with a bit of diluted baking soda and a baby toothbrush. I haven't got as far as reading up on how to clean pearls. Grandma used to say to sleep in them, but I don't think I could sleep in these.

pearls by Gailey 06.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

For the longest time I would get a call when the pearl "guy" was through the city and at "The Goldsmith''s"; but I think that is in the Spring. Don''t know what he usually brings....

BTW, you look fabu! Pearls too!

cheers--Sharonb

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
BTW, Gailey, if you do plan to buy the PO 100 inch strand, please do a quick google. There is a code for a 10% discount!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 12:08:19 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

For the longest time I would get a call when the pearl ''guy'' was through the city and at ''The Goldsmith''s''; but I think that is in the Spring. Don''t know what he usually brings....

cheers--Sharonb
Sharon, check your PG PM''s
emsmile.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Update: Just fired off an e-mail to PP about opera length. Watch this space ......

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 12:38:11 PM
BTW, Gailey, if you do plan to buy the PO 100 inch strand, please do a quick google. There is a code for a 10% discount!
Well at that price you can''t afford not to right! I''ve just placed the order - thanks DD!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Gailey...you're going to love it and it's such a versatile necklace.

Here are some ways of wearing a long strand from Elana at futurefashionista.

More100inchIdeas (399 x 518).jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Some more ways of wearing a long necklace from a poster at TPF.

100inchPearls (500 x 802).jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/11/2009 1:28:24 PM
Some more ways of wearing a long necklace from a poster at TPF.

Those ideas are giving me ideas!
31.gif
I can''t wait to see what you think of the opera length strand Gailey!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Just got in from work and my 100" has been dispatched - yippee!

I also got a message back from Jeremy Shepherd at Pearl Paradise telling me that opera length has a range of sizes. He asked me what length I would like. I wrote back and told him I would seek advice from my fellow pearl lovers.

That''s all of you BTW! So what do you think, what would be a good length?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am no expert....but what about just ordering the same length from PP so that you can do a comparison? I bet since Jeremy is brothers with TPO owner, they would compete on price too. Or, you can just wait to get the pearls from TPO and see how you like the length/ pearl quality and then order what length you may like better from PP. Just a few thoughts to confuse you...
37.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2009 8:53:06 PM
Author: Gailey

Date: 8/10/2009 12:08:19 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

For the longest time I would get a call when the pearl ''guy'' was through the city and at ''The Goldsmith''s''; but I think that is in the Spring. Don''t know what he usually brings....

cheers--Sharonb
Sharon, check your PG PM''s
emsmile.gif
HI:

I''d glady check, if I knew what you were talking about??? Yes, I am aconyn dumb...

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results