shape
carat
color
clarity

Now why on earth did I did my toe in over here!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 9:45:08 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 8/10/2009 8:53:06 PM
Author: Gailey

Date: 8/10/2009 12:08:19 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

For the longest time I would get a call when the pearl ''guy'' was through the city and at ''The Goldsmith''s''; but I think that is in the Spring. Don''t know what he usually brings....

BTW, you look fabu! Pearls too!

cheers--Sharonb
Sharon, check your PG PM''s
emsmile.gif
HI:

I''d glady check, if I knew what you were talking about??? Yes, I am aconyn dumb...

cheers--Sharon
I''m likely to be whipped into oblivion for mentioning private messages on another forum, if yah get my drift!

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 6:27:09 PM
Just got in from work and my 100' has been dispatched - yippee!

I also got a message back from Jeremy Shepherd at Pearl Paradise telling me that opera length has a range of sizes. He asked me what length I would like. I wrote back and told him I would seek advice from my fellow pearl lovers.

That's all of you BTW! So what do you think, what would be a good length?
If you want to wear it as one long strand with no layers, I would get it 36 to about 40 inches. See picture here http://www.thepearloutlet.com/images/length_lg.jpg. You can also double it and wear it as two shorter layers. For comparison, a 54 inch necklace as a single layer hits at around the belly button on me. If you have other necklaces, hook the clasps of two or three necklaces together for length comparisons.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 1:28:24 PM
Author: DiaDiva
Some more ways of wearing a long necklace from a poster at TPF.
WOW, DiaDiva! That shows the most versatile ways of wearing a long necklace.
30.gif

Thanks for posting it!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Brightlight, thank you so much for posting that link. Very, very useful. I''m definitely leaning towards the 36". Combined with the 100" that should make a fairly impressive display. I''ll feel like Coco Chanel!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Gailey, I have the 100 inch strand from PO and love it! It is not Freshdama quality but is an extremely fun strand to wear and play with! It layers well with other strands and I always get nice compliments on it. The pearls are consistant in size and shape, good color and luster so I think you will be pleased with it - especially given the price.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 1:19:46 PM
Author: megeve
Date: 8/11/2009 1:28:24 PM

Author: DiaDiva

Some more ways of wearing a long necklace from a poster at TPF.

WOW, DiaDiva! That shows the most versatile ways of wearing a long necklace.
30.gif

Thanks for posting it!

You''re welcome. I''m loving pearls again...I went through a pearl phase a few years back and that kind of cooled off but it''s full on again....much to the detriment of my wallet. Haha...

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Update:

So I''m pretty much decided on a 36" strand of 7.5-8.0mm Freshadamas. I discovered the Mystery Clasp and am considering having two of these inserted. One say at 16½" and one at 19½". What do you think ladies? My only concern is that I won''t be able to find the right two pearls to unscrew, especially on the smaller set. Does anyone have these?

I must say, I like the idea of the versatility of a 36" that will convert, so if I only want to wear the shorter set I will be able to.

I also think I will get the smaller 6.5-7.0mm studs. I think this size will be a better fit with my morganites.

I must also say that I''ve been dealing with Jeremy Sheperd at Pearl Paradise and he has been very helpful.

BTW, Mr Gailey is in favour of these so no subterfuge needed here!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Gailey, I don''t have anything with the mystery clasp but from what I have read, people that do have them love them. It does appear that your "fears" of not being able to find the clasps are valid as that is what others have said - that they need to really look to find them.

To me, that is a testament of of what they are meant to do...

I can''t wait to see the final results!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2009 7:27:21 AM
Update:

So I''m pretty much decided on a 36'' strand of 7.5-8.0mm Freshadamas. I discovered the Mystery Clasp and am considering having two of these inserted. One say at 16½'' and one at 19½''. What do you think ladies? My only concern is that I won''t be able to find the right two pearls to unscrew, especially on the smaller set. Does anyone have these?

I must say, I like the idea of the versatility of a 36'' that will convert, so if I only want to wear the shorter set I will be able to.

I also think I will get the smaller 6.5-7.0mm studs. I think this size will be a better fit with my morganites.

I must also say that I''ve been dealing with Jeremy Sheperd at Pearl Paradise and he has been very helpful.

BTW, Mr Gailey is in favour of these so no subterfuge needed here!
I think this is a first that I have heard of or seen a mystery clasp. What a great concept! I think you will love it more than hate it!

oh... and when you get your pearls from PP.... I just love that they send all these little goodies along with them. I saw the dvd twice. It was truly fascinating to learn of the pearl business and how they cultivate/harvest them. Jeremy Sheperd truly has a good thing going!!! After I watched the dvd... I have to admit.... I wanted to order some more pearls from PP!!!!
11.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
So yesterday, I ordered the 6.5-7.0mm Freshadama studs. I would have ordered the necklace straight away but because I am thinking of adding in two sets of mystery clasps (thus making the item un-returnable), I wanted to see what they looked like first. I''m probably being over cautious.

I spoke with Jeremy Sheperd, who was extremely helpful and is actually going to match the earrings to the pearls for the necklace before the studs are sent out. Nice guy!

He said they would be here in a few days. Clearly he has never tried to cross the 49th parallel! I anticipate a couple of weeks, but we will see.

Watch this space ....

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 10:50:36 AM
So yesterday, I ordered the 6.5-7.0mm Freshadama studs. I would have ordered the necklace straight away but because I am thinking of adding in two sets of mystery clasps (thus making the item un-returnable), I wanted to see what they looked like first. I''m probably being over cautious.

I spoke with Jeremy Sheperd, who was extremely helpful and is actually going to match the earrings to the pearls for the necklace before the studs are sent out. Nice guy!

He said they would be here in a few days. Clearly he has never tried to cross the 49th parallel! I anticipate a couple of weeks, but we will see.

Watch this space ....

I can''t wait to see them! I''ve got the opposite, a necklace, but no studs yet. I really like the idea of the mystery clasp though!

But would you worry about damaging that one particular pearl over time that you''re going to have to screw on and off? If anything does damage it though, it would be very easy to simply have the strand re-strung with a different clasp. I might be being a worry wart for no reason at all though; might be a question for someone at PP?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
So my 100" from TPO arrived yesterday. They were longer than I thought they would be. I guess I envisaged something as long as my wedding pearls and these are much longer. Still that makes them versatile right? They are are a very pretty creamy colour. They are not very round, but when there is so many of them I don''t notice that. I think when you can do so much with such a long strand you can''t beat the price, which was $98 (with coupon, thanks to whoever it was suggested I go looking for that).

Next week should see the arrival of the Freshadama studs, which I am really excited about. I''ll start a new thread for those I think.

Meanwhile, here they are ...

pearls by Gailey 09.JPG

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
And as for the requisite neck shot, well that was a bunch of fun! I don''t know how Megeve & DD did it I think they must have arms that run down to their ankles. I deleted all but this one, because I didn''t think I''d get off the hook without one.

I''d ask Mr Gailey to take some shots, but he''d think I was certifiable!

Don''t ask me for any more. When I get together with a girlfriend I''ll get her to take some more glamour shots.

neck shot by Gailey 01.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/22/2009 1:18:51 PM
And as for the requisite neck shot, well that was a bunch of fun! I don't know how Megeve & DD did it I think they must have arms that run down to their ankles. I deleted all but this one, because I didn't think I'd get off the hook without one.

I'd ask Mr Gailey to take some shots, but he'd think I was certifiable!

Don't ask me for any more. When I get together with a girlfriend I'll get her to take some more glamour shots.

Gailey, you look gorgeous!!!! I love how you're wearing it!

I take my neck shots by standing in front of the mirror and pointing screen at the mirror so it's reflected in the mirror and I can see what I'm shooting...see....easy....hahaha.......
31.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Aww thanks DD. I''ll go and give your method a whirl. They are surprisingly heavy, I''ve just worn them out to dinner and in the end I was glad to take them off. I guess it''s because I''m not used to wearing necklaces.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
You''re right...the 100-inch necklace is HEAVY. My neck does ache from wearing it too so you''re not the only one. My SS necklaces are actually lighter but they''re also much shorter...

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they look Fabulous Gailey! I love the way you are wearing them too! I gotta kick out of seeing your picture cuz it really is not so easy to take neck shots. The mirror does make it easier though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results