shape
carat
color
clarity

Bay Area Get Together.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL. Have you found that running your rings through the ultrasonic multiple times actually get them cleaner?

I thought about the manicure thing but my hands are beyond rescuing right now. They''re really dry and gross.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I was off the computer yesterday so I didn''t get to confirm. But I will be there! Sorry I have no bling to share but it sounds like there will be enough to go around! I look forward to putting a face to the hand!
P. S. I will be the oldest!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you can make it, Swingirl!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Here''s our final list, 14 people, can you believe it??

FRIDAY JULY 14, 11:30am inside Max''s Opera Cafe at the Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto. If you show up to lunch late, just ask the hostess for the "Pricescope party."

Attending:
Roppongi
Mara
KristyDarling
Pearberry
Cinderella
Luckyhonu
Wallermama
SNLee
Cymbrie
Art Nouveau
CareBear
Orangevixen
Widget
Swingirl

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2006 1:04:49 PM
Author: KristyDarling
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

FRIDAY JULY 14, 11:30am inside Max''s Opera Cafe at the Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto. If you show up to lunch late, just ask the hostess for the ''Pricescope party.''

Attending:
Roppongi
Mara
KristyDarling
Pearberry
Cinderella
Luckyhonu
Wallermama
SNLee
Cymbrie
Art Nouveau
CareBear
Orangevixen
Widget
Swingirl
SCARY! okay all my jewelry is clean. i better go shower and get ready. see you gals at 11:30!

oh and i think i am wearing black cropped pants and a jean jacket, should make me easier to spot!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2006 1:55:05 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 7/14/2006 1:04:49 PM
Author: KristyDarling
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

FRIDAY JULY 14, 11:30am inside Max''s Opera Cafe at the Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto. If you show up to lunch late, just ask the hostess for the ''Pricescope party.''

Attending:
Roppongi
Mara
KristyDarling
Pearberry
Cinderella
Luckyhonu
Wallermama
SNLee
Cymbrie
Art Nouveau
CareBear
Orangevixen
Widget
Swingirl
So its 10:48 on the 14th... and.. you guys are getting ready to meet.. so.. who brought the digi camera with their usb cable and a laptop to upload photos right away?
9.gif

Lunch with PS girls.. $Don''t ask..
Tip left for waiter... $Enough to make him smile..
Amount of blinding bling from photos & memories of great conversation.. Priceless..
9.gif
LMAO. I can''t wait to hear all about it and see the pics. Hope there are lots of them!!!
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sure they are having a wonderful time. can''t wait until later for all the pictures
36.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like I''m the first one home from the GTG. It was so much fun! As for the bling shots, of course Ms. Mara, our resident photographer, is in possession of those. I think we drove some of the servers at the restaurant mad because we took over half an hour before even taking a look at the menus!!!

Everyone was so great and nice, and I was nervous before heading there and meeting everyone. Kaleigh, Cymbrie said she tried to talk you into flying here, to no avail. There''s always next time.
2.gif

Mrssalvo, we saw a ring at a store, and everyone kept saying, "That''s just like Mrs Salvo''s ring!" LOL.

I had lots of fun, and hopefully we can all do this again soon!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2006 8:03:45 PM
Author: Cinderella

Mrssalvo, we saw a ring at a store, and everyone kept saying, ''That''s just like Mrs Salvo''s ring!'' LOL.

I had lots of fun, and hopefully we can all do this again soon!

ooo, do tell, what was it.....

so glad you gals had fun..looking forward to all of mara''s pics and the many stories i''m sure you all will share..

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2006 9:10:38 PM
Author: mrssalvo

ooo, do tell, what was it.....

so glad you gals had fun..looking forward to all of mara''s pics and the many stories i''m sure you all will share..

It was a Daniel K., pave, split crown with a cushion. Gorgeous. We also saw a five carat cushion, with (I think) a pink diamond pave halo. I want that ring!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
whew! gosh where to start?! my mind is absolutely whirling...here's the synopsys for curious minds!

got to max's and some of the gals were already seated. everyone else quickly showed up and we had a full house! 14 diamond nuts around a table? oh my god...the wait staff didn't know what to make of us. the poor waitress kept showing up to the table and no one paid her one whit of attention. it was so amazing to meet the gals and try on and drool over all the bling!!! the hardware was being passed around..and around...and around. seriously at some point you wondered 'okay who has my ring'...hahaa.

we were at max's for just about three hours, amazingly enough!!! somehow we managed to get an order for food going, and then more chatting, picture taking, and trying on ensued. it was total chaos, seriously. i don't even remember if i talked to everyone...it was just all such a blur. food came, we ate and then all shared one dessert, they were HUGE!!! at this point people had to leave, some stuck around, we somehow managed to make our way out of the restaurant with all our stuff (bling check!)...and then setup for a group bling hand shot on luckyhonu's size 2 fingers (!!), then did a band shot.

at this point a few more people had to leave...so a smaller group continued onto this estate and fine jeweler that art nouveau knew about, to our absolute delight. this place was such a treasure!!! they had the most awesome stuff! we all drooled over a bunch of stuff and tried on a 5c cushion in a michael beaudry setting with a pink melee halo and rose gold on the sides, oh my god...just stunning. i tried on a 3 stone with a yellow 3c radian in the middle with traps, yum!! we tried on a few estate pieces, a few old euro cuts, checked out an absolutely stunning vintage necklace piece from the 1920's that runs about 190k...it's all blurring together but it had something like a 10c old mine cut in the center drop...words can't even describe!

finally we wrenched ourselves out of this place, we spent almost an hour in there!! at this point most of the rest of the group had to leave...and roppongi, art nouveau, luckyhonu and i continued onto nieman marcus for a little quick shopping and then we said goodbye!

it was SO MUCH FUN, i feel totally exhausted!!! i just want to lay on the couch and replay all the trying on of jewelry and drool but we have to go to a dinner for a friend's birthday, damn! hehe. in any case, i did upload the pictures to my computer and culled out the best ones. there are a lot of other ones that to me don't make the cut (i tried to get a great asscher shot of wallermama's set and it just wasn't happening!) so i hope other people have pictures too!!

i'll start with the hand shots on lucky honu, can you say INSANE BEAUTY??? i have a bunch of shots so stay tuned!!! these are the best. i wish i'd taken way more pictures, i think i was too busy zoning out during part of it.

let's see if i can get most of these right:
pinky: bottom up: not sure whose eternity band? and roppongi's mom's panther ring!
ring finger: bottom up: luckyhonus eternity band (insane!); mara's ering; and luckyhonu's ering
middle finger: the 3 stone finger!! bottom up: kristydarling's insane 3 stone; widget's insane 3 stone; roppongi's insane 3 stone; and art nouveau's amazing 3 stone yellow diamond ring!!!
index finger: solitaire finger!!! i am not sure if i have all these right but bottom up i think it's wallermama's ering; cymbrie's mwm ering; cinderella's ring; then either carebear or snlee's solitaires; i think kristydarlings original tacori e-ring; and then pearberry's tiffany e-ring.

PS Bay 0706 hand shot a.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOSH, Mara!!!!! That picture has me speachless and drooooollliiiiinggg!!! Wow! I think this must be a PS get-together bling record
31.gif
Glad you all enjoyed it
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
setting up for the hand shot...this cracks me up because everyone''s reaching for the HAND with the rocks!

PS Bay 0706 hand shot aa.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the colors in these hand shots are just INSANE on some of the rings. i have a bunch of pictures...

PS Bay 0706 hand shot b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

PS Bay 0706 hand shot c.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

PS Bay 0706 hand shot d.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

PS Bay 0706 hand shot e.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

PS Bay 0706 hand shot f.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
bands only!! (and wallers 3 stone..hehe)

i think the order is...
thumb: luckyhonu's thumb ring
index: kristydarling's 3 stacking rings
middle: wallermama's new channel band; her 3 stone ring
ring....i don't even know the order!! it's like eternity insanity there!
pinky: ?!

PS Bay 0706 hand shot bands a.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
kristydarling''s amazing 3 stone on my PINKY. sad but true.

PS Bay kristy hand.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 2.32 ring on LuckyHonu's size 2 finger!!! WOW. Finger lipo anyone??? PLEASE?

PS Bay 0706 a.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kristy's 3 stone on snlee's hand...!!

PS Bay 0706 b.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
MrsS, it was the split shank Daniel K with a 1.3ish cushion. I tried it on and loved it! We also saw the split crown setting. There was also a old euro cut (1.6ish if I remember correctly) that I just LOVED! It was set very low and the band was so thin.

YAY pictures!
36.gif
Taking those hand shots was crazy! We were all standing around luckyhonu's hand going "ooohhh ahhhhh!!" and some strangers started looking at us and trying to get a look at all the bring. I'm sure they were wondering what we were doing and thinking we are crazy!

It was lots of fun! Hope we can do it again soon!

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
I just walked in with my three year old, I put in a Rescue Hero DVD and I ran to the computer.

All I can say is WOW....what an incredible afternoon we all had in Palo Alto. I am in awe of all the fabulous women I met today, they were incredible. Mara is as crazy as you think she is. She held court at the center of the table and everyone went to her to have their picture taken with other people''s rings on. She even took a few of her famous FLOWER shots of KristyDarlings'' boulder...we were all surprised that she didn''t bring a rose bush with her. My head is spinning from looking at bling bling for three plus hours. Seriously, the gorgeous pieces of jewerly that were at the table this afternoon were works of art. We are definitely planning another get together soon either in San Jose or San Franciso.

Thank you, thank you all for making it a great afternoon of "working from home."

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and oh my god...my hand with WIDGET'S FABULOUS vintage bracelet....can you say WOW? i sure was. i almost ran out of the place right then and there. YUM.

and i decided i really need a diamond bracelet. really.

PS Bay 0706 c.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
art nouveau's stunning diamond earrings, those are diamond briolette's dangling from the bottom. just amazing!!!! (i need some new adjectives!)
eta: okay i'm a dumbass, i put the picture upside down. HAH. so the briolette's are at the top. but they should be at the bottom. ugh!

PS Bay 0706 d.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo...love all the pictures Mara!

Jaded Gem

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I''m so jealous of all the fun you ladies had. We must do a Bay area get together for Pricescopers on the weekend at Valley Fair/Santana Row area.
30.gif
Let me know when the season of bling love begins over there.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
roppongi's amazing 3 stone on luckyhonu's size 2!!

PS Bay 0706 e.jpg

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
I swear to God, I am surprised that LH didn''t make a run for it. Everyone was standing around wondering what we were doing.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love this picture because it shows carebear's superbcert setting on the left and pearberry's authentic tiffany setting on the right. so for people who want to see comparisons, here you go!!! i actually really like how low the SC setting is on carebear's...but pearberry's is really amazing too!!
30.gif

PS Bay 0706 f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results