shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Q - Congratulations!!! I don''t think you''re crazy at all. We were going to try to space kids out by about 3 years, but now want to start trying much much sooner.

Jas - good to hear from you! My, they''ve grown.

Snlee - D sounds like so much fun.

Mustang - congrats on finding a stroller!

Mrs - It is sad to leave your baby, but everyone''s right when they say that it gets easier. I had people laughing at me at the end of today though, as I practically ran out of the building when it was time to go.
3.gif
And congrats on finding a place that you feel good about. How much longer until you go back?
Have fun this weekend!

George is now smiling more, which is just wonderful. He didn''t particularly act like he missed me or anything when I got home today, but then I got the biggest smile ever when he realized that I was just about to nurse him. I don''t think I''m consuming enough calories right now, since all of my favorite foods are gone for the time being, so I''m really trying to work on eating enough. I''ve noticed a bit of a dip in my supply today, which I really don''t want to continue.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
snlee
D will put the puffs in his mouth soon enough. Remember when I was saying M wouldn’t put them in her mouth, and per the advice of the mommies here, I stopped feeding them to her and that’s when she started putting them in her mouth.

D is such a happy guy. He’s one of the happiest babies I’ve met. Is he babbling away now? Sounds like he is doing awesome.

We’ll probably tell the parents and family after we hear/see the heartbeats. My first appointment will be this Thurs. I think I’m 4.5 weeks pregnant, so I don’t think we’ll see the heartbeats yet. But we’ll see.

DH is happy. But he said “did we start too early? It’s not going to be a Tiger (the next Chinese Astrology). Chinese New Year is on Feb 14th.” You’ve met him, so you kind of know how he is. He likes to say stuffs to say stuffs.

Thanks again to you and your DH.

MustangGal
Thanks.
Curly
Thanks, especially for the encouragement words. I figure it’ll be hard with 2 under 2, but I think we’ll manage.

Wow Lily can draw out of a sippy cup already. M doesn’t want anything to do with the sippy cup. She likes drinking out of a cup or my bottle, and that’s only b/c she can play with the water (blowing bubbles etc).

Jas
Thanks.

Can’t believe Logan and Jackson are 9 months already. They look handsome and so big in the pic. Sounds like they are doing great too.

When do you plan to TTCing for #3? So exciting.

Mrs
Sorry Sage is going through a bit of sleep regression. They go through phases. Right now M is still not back to good sleeping habit yet, but better than a few weeks ago.

How exciting that your brother will meet S for the first time. Have fun when he is in town.

Yay for being only 4 lbs over pre-pg weight.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Mrs - congrats on only 4 pounds left! I''ve got 6 more to go, but I also wouldn''t mind lossing an extra 5. I''m starting to fit back in some clothes, but my rib cage and hips are still wider than they used to be.

Blen - That''s how I was the first few weeks back, running out the door as soon as my 8 hours were up! Gotta love the big smiles when you get home though. I hope you get the milk figured out, it can be tough trying to pump and all.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
BURK - Hahaha at Tayva being the spaz at daycare! James is "baby James" to all of the kids at his daycare. He also screams for "fun" and it is funny.

MUSTANG - it sounds like you got a good deal on your stroller.

Q - CONGRATS!
2.gif
I don''t think it''s too soon at all to have another.

SNLEE - Oh the rolling stage is so much fun - and it gets better. Wait till he starts crawling - you better watch out mama!

CURLY - I was hoping for a different answer. Oh well - I guess I better enjoy my sleep while I can.

JACKIE - OMG! Your boys are so handsome
30.gif
They are big! My boy is too and my arms are pretty toned these days
2.gif

MRS - Thank you for your compliment on my upgrade. I am so glad that you found a daycare that you are comfortable with. It will be hard at first but it gets easier, I promise.

BLEN - Awww at George''s smiles. Baby smiles are the best aren''t they.

Having yesterday off has totally thrown off my week. It felt like Monday all day at work. Oh well - only three more days until another weekend. I hope the weather is nice because I''d love to take James to the playground for the first time.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Q on expecting! That is so fantastic
36.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 8:55:24 PM
Author: DivaDiamond007
BURK - Hahaha at Tayva being the spaz at daycare! James is ''baby James'' to all of the kids at his daycare. He also screams for ''fun'' and it is funny.
Isn''t it funny how our own kid''s screams are now cute and funny!! They love T at daycare because she plays and needs no outside attention. She just goes and goes and goes. They joke that she wouldn''t stop to eat if they didn''t make her. She barely naps because she just wants to play and socialize.
20.gif
Fun for us come 6:00!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful boys Jas!!! love seeing twins
9.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
jas OMG....they are just cutie pies!!! sounds like they are doing really well, and it sounds like things are good with you as well. trying for #3....woman, you are brave!!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
jas~Hey there stranger!! Your boys are getting so big and they are so adorable! Hope you''re able to pop in more often. I miss your humor and getting to see the boys!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
I keep getting error messages trying to change my avatar...I'll try again later.

Thank you to all who gave me such a warm welcome back. without beating a dead horse, I did have to take a break because so much was going on in my RL (not the least of which were two newborns) that my exhaustion and stress were not allowing me to have good perspective on some other parts of PS. I was reacting quite emotionally to things that ordinarily I'd probably just raise an eyebrow at or ignore entirely. I mentioned there that I needed a break because I thought some of you might be worried if I disappeared.

To be honest, I was worried about receiving some snark upon PS re-entry. I figure I'll just stay in my mommy's thread cocoon. It's honestly one of the kindest places on the interwebs.

But enough about that. Nice to be here. I've thought a lot about you all and wondered about all the babies I'd met and the babies that were baking back in January. Good to see so many gorgeous little ones.

On the TTC front -- DH and I haven't discussed it yet. I figured we'd get a few months of STTN in and move before I pull out the lingerie and do the dance of the 7 veils.

Diva -- how big is your little one these days?
Mandarine -- OMG! Yea on twin boys. Don't let all the "kind" words of warning/shock/awe/terror from friends and strangers alike worry you. It's the best! Which is not to say I haven't had my moments...I have...but seriously, twins rock, and twin boys, well...you're in for the most wonderful times...how far along are you? Are they fraternal? Wheeeeee!

So, two things.

Anyone had odd experiences with mommy groups? I joined a local twin/triplet mommy group about 4 months ago and it's really mostly good for comedy.

Second -- just got back from the store. I was craving frickin Spaghettios. Guess what jumped into my cart when I wasn't looking? I've become the Spaghettios-eatin' Mom. The only worse thing is if I become the Spaghettios-eatin' Mom who only lets her kids eat wheat grass and tree bark.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
jas-love the pic! your boys are adorable and are just going to have so much fun together as they keep getting bigger...

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 12:17:22 PM
Author: jas

Mandarine -- OMG! Yea on twin boys. Don''t let all the ''kind'' words of warning/shock/awe/terror from friends and strangers alike worry you. It''s the best! Which is not to say I haven''t had my moments...I have...but seriously, twins rock, and twin boys, well...you''re in for the most wonderful times...how far along are you? Are they fraternal? Wheeeeee!

So, two things.

Anyone had odd experiences with mommy groups? I joined a local twin/triplet mommy group about 4 months ago and it''s really mostly good for comedy.

Second -- just got back from the store. I was craving frickin Spaghettios. Guess what jumped into my cart when I wasn''t looking? I''ve become the Spaghettios-eatin'' Mom. The only worse thing is if I become the Spaghettios-eatin'' Mom who only lets her kids eat wheat grass and tree bark.
Thanks Jas!!
9.gif

Funny thing is the night before the u/s I told DH "what if it''s twins?"...and he said "nahhh, you''re crazy, you''re just obsessed with twins!" (since I always wanted to have twins). An hour before the u/s I said the same thing to my istsre and she said "whatever, what are the odds!?". So it caught me by surprise, but caught all of them non-believers by a BIGGER surprise!
3.gif

I''m 17 weeks tomorrow...yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!. I''ve stalked your old posts...well, let me come clean, I''ve stalked yours, Neat''s, Curly''s, Jen''s and NYC''s! ;))...I just gotta say I loved your sense of humor through the whole pregnancy so you''re my American (Pregnant) Idol!!

Regarding groups...I joined a Multiple''s group and I gotta say so far I''m not loving it. Everyone already has kids and there is only like 5 people!...I''ve been lurking in their board and keep in touch, but so far doesn''t seem like I will be hitting it off with anyone or making any long time friends over there. I know Neat did have a good experience in her group though.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 3:23:02 PM
Author: Mandarine

Thanks Jas!!
9.gif

Funny thing is the night before the u/s I told DH ''what if it''s twins?''...and he said ''nahhh, you''re crazy, you''re just obsessed with twins!'' (since I always wanted to have twins). An hour before the u/s I said the same thing to my istsre and she said ''whatever, what are the odds!?''. So it caught me by surprise, but caught all of them non-believers by a BIGGER surprise!
3.gif

I''m 17 weeks tomorrow...yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!. I''ve stalked your old posts...well, let me come clean, I''ve stalked yours, Neat''s, Curly''s, Jen''s and NYC''s! ;))...I just gotta say I loved your sense of humor through the whole pregnancy so you''re my American (Pregnant) Idol!!

Regarding groups...I joined a Multiple''s group and I gotta say so far I''m not loving it. Everyone already has kids and there is only like 5 people!...I''ve been lurking in their board and keep in touch, but so far doesn''t seem like I will be hitting it off with anyone or making any long time friends over there. I know Neat did have a good experience in her group though.
That''s funny -- my DH was joking about it being twins all the way to the u/s. We ended up laughing for 20 minutes non-stop when we saw two little taters in there.

Keep the humor...all the helpful advice, commentary, and mouth-breathing gapers and pointers will be on ya'' soon enough, if they''re not already. I was thisclose to designing the b*tchy preggo t-shirts that said everything I wanted to verbalize.

My multiples group decided to virtually behead one lady who asked what the appropriate rate was for a babysitter who would stay overnight with her twins. Apparently, no one in this group had ever done such a heinous thing. One person wrote "Well, I wouldn''t know...I''ve never left them with a sitter at all and they''re four." Which (a) didn''t answer the question at all and (b) I think earned her a scepter and tiara in her happy head. But mostly they just talk about where diapers are on sale.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Jas I want to get a t-shirt that says "No Uterus, No opinion". Mainly so I can use it around the house since my DH has more opinions now than ever before!!! LOL.

When they told us it was "two" I had a laugh attack...the tech told me I had to stay quiet so she could measure the babies, but I couldn''t stop laughing!. The poor husband was in complete SHOCK and kept grabbing his head and saying "what???"...lol..it was too funny.

So far the only comment that is already getting old is "wow, you''re going to be busy"...I have a feeling that oen is going to get really old really fast...specially since you can only answer "yes, I know!" and fake a little smile like it''s the first time you ever hear it.

I can''t believe they answer that to the question that woman had! come on...some women are just snarky!. Just for fun you should ask a randomly odd question to see what they say...hehe.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 5:29:31 PM
Author: Mandarine
Jas I want to get a t-shirt that says ''No Uterus, No opinion''. Mainly so I can use it around the house since my DH has more opinions now than ever before!!! LOL.

When they told us it was ''two'' I had a laugh attack...the tech told me I had to stay quiet so she could measure the babies, but I couldn''t stop laughing!. The poor husband was in complete SHOCK and kept grabbing his head and saying ''what???''...lol..it was too funny.

So far the only comment that is already getting old is ''wow, you''re going to be busy''...I have a feeling that oen is going to get really old really fast...specially since you can only answer ''yes, I know!'' and fake a little smile like it''s the first time you ever hear it.

I can''t believe they answer that to the question that woman had! come on...some women are just snarky!. Just for fun you should ask a randomly odd question to see what they say...hehe.
I got the "you''re going to be busy" too. A few times, when I was feeling all sorts of lovely, I said, all wide-eyed, "I am?"

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Jas, adorable munchkins!!

Congrats, Q!

I''ve had a rough few days with my "princess". Today was the first day I got frustrated with her. She just wouldn''t stop fusing and wouldn''t take a nap! I finally got her down for a bit and I jumped on here. We also went for a mile walk and that kept her happy. I know I haven''t eaten much today, but that''s because I didn''t have time! How am I supposed to eat 1800 cals on days like this? I should make some Mother''s Milk tea, but that''s really the last thing I want to do right now. All I want is McDonald''s nuggets, fries, and a m&m McFlurry.

Kay

Ideal_Rock

I love that we have a new thread because the old thread was so huge and overwhelming. Of course, I am already 10 pages behind on this one. I am reading fast, so I apologize if I miss anyone.

Diva, a belated congrats for James crawling – that is so cool.

36.gif
He looks so adorable with his Easter basket. Yay for little kissy noises – too cute.

Pave, A wanted to be held all the time the first few months too. DH and I actually took turns at night sitting up with her and holding her while she slept because she would cry when we put her down. Unfortunately, that may have been the wrong thing to do because she still pulls that a lot at 7 months old. Some nights, she falls asleep in our laps, but as soon as we lower her into the crib and her butt hits the mattress, her eyes pop open and she starts crying. As soon as Dh or I pick her up, she will pass out in our arms again. It is very frustrating, so I know where you are coming from. A also hated tummy time. We would put her down on a playmate (which she loved while lying on her back), so there were toys to distract her, but she still balled, even if we got down on the floor face-to-face to distract her. It got a lot better after a friend gave us a special tummy time mat that had a crescent shaped pillow that supported her upper body so she wasn’t lying flat. Now that A can roll over and hold her head and upper body up with her arms, she prefers beign on her tummy! Those are such sweet pics of T – what a handsome little guy!

Mrs, where are you in SoCal? I am in San Diego. Finding daycare when I went back to work was indeed a challenge. We put our names on waiting lists when I was 5 months pregnant and only got into one of the 3 centers that would take newborns. I am more comfortable having A at a day care center where there are multiple care givers and managers than having someone in my home unsupervised. Have you tried the First Years Breast Flow bottles yet? The 2-part nipple is designed to mimic breast feeding, so your DD may like them better. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3393703&CAWELAID=298649848 BTW, I just love the cute, little pouty baby faces.

Janine, it is so funny that C wanted your chocolate cookie, while you ate the puffs!

Blen, I think it is hilarious you weighed G in the produce department. I may have to try that trick. A rejected several types of pacis, but loves the Nuk ones. Your cousin''s 19 month old sounds hilarious – “all done.” It is hard to adjust to going back to work at first. I’m glad to hear your office has a nice pumping room.

Dreamer, that is such a great collage of Hunter and the dogs! I especially love the shots where the dog decides to groom H. 12 weeks seems young to rollover, but how exciting. A just loves rolling now that she has mastered it, she can’t crawl, but she can roll across a room with unexpected speed.

Mustang, Kyle is such a little cutie! I love them when they are tiny and new, and then they become a whole different kind of cute later.

QT, Congrats on the BFP!
36.gif
A has occasional flare-ups of atopic dermatitis on her face and body. The ped has us use a 0.5% hydrocortisone cream twice a day for flare ups. We also cover her face and body with a thin layer of Aquaphor a few times a day to help prevent dryness and itching which are common problems with the condition.

NYCBK, in the early months I had a few tear-filled nights when I felt like a complete failure as a mother because I could not make A stop crying at 3 am. It does get better – hang in there. So glad to hear your niece came through surgery okay.

Sbde, looks like you got a tall one too. A was 26.5” at 4 months and 27.75” at six months, which is 99th percentile for girls. DH and I joke that people are going to think she is a bit slow because she looks like a one-year old, but can’t sit or crawl. FAB mommy present, BTW!

30.gif

Snlee, you are so lucky D is sleeping so well! A loves eating food too. She will lean forward and practically lunge for the spoon.

Courtney, your pictures are beautiful! I love the one of her cradled in your crossed arms. Great toe bling too! Sorry your company is so unsupportive of mothers.

Curly, too funny that Lucy is a speed crawler. I assume you already have everything baby proofed. We have to get on that soon before A starts crawling.

Burk, I love your AV! T looks so kissable.

Jas, great pic of all your guys! I can’t believe you are up for #3 already. My finger is A’s favorite food too.

Mandarine, congrats on your twins!

36.gif

I haven’t been on PS a lot lately because I am so busy IRL with A and my job. A was Christened 10 days ago. Her 4 grandparents, great grandmother, aunt and uncle all came to town for a few days (some of them for a week). It was so nice to have all those extra hands that wanted to hold A so we could get a little break. Plus we had so much fun showing her off. She has a very outgoing personality and just loved all he attention. She was a bit out of sorts for a couple days after everyone left.

I will try to post more later. Here are a couple of my favorite pics from her Christening.

Christening face.JPG

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I love her little tongue.

Christening.JPG

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been poking around the past few days but not posting much so-hello!

This thread does move quickly. Here is my attempt at catching up!

Burk, QT, puffy, mela, sbde, nyc, blen, diva, mrs- THANK YOU! We are super excited. It''ll be a big change-the house is about 2x our current apartment size plus a garage. I am in heaven.

Snlee: I would love to GTG with you and adorable D! We can make plans on FB so it''s more private with the babies. Can''t wait!

Courtney: LOVE those pics. Adorable!

Curly: The mental picture of Lucy gnawing on a pretzel rod is priceless. Sooo cute!

Mrs: I am sooo jealous that you are so close to your PP weight! I am getting there slowly...but slower than I would like!

Jas: I am so glad you are back and feeling better! The boys are SO handsome! I agree-twin boys are the best!!! I also hate my local moms of multiples group. I made one friend there who I like and we go out together sometimes. But everyone else? Blech. I can not think of a worse way to spend an afternoon. What is it? Why aren''t there "cool and laid back moms only" meetings??

Blen: Smiling is the best...until you get to giggling!!

Mandarine: Get used to it. Sadly it only gets worse from there. You have to allot about 3x as long as normal to go ANYWHERE with twins. And you will hear the same jokes and questions over and over and over. And everyone thinks they are so clever.

Kay: Those eyes!!! Love the pics.

US We are all doing well...just waiting patiently for my DH''s employment papers to come through so we can get moving on our house loan.

The boys are doing really well-they are on the verge of sitting up by themselves! They can do it for a little while but then they fall over. So I guess they DO sit up by themselves-but not long enough to play or anything. Dex is also getting his first two teeth! They have already broken through so hopefully that means that it didn''t hurt him very much...

Anyway-reading away here even if I am not posting. Hope everyone has a great night!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Kay- omgggg what a beauty!! i agreee those eyes are piercing!
30.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
?....which is a good play gym and swing???

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
i am sooooo frustrated with picking a twin stroller aaahhhh!! i like all the european ones such as,,,,
http://www.twinsuk.co.uk/more_details.php?id=100782

but they dont ship to usa!

so i liked this one here= http://www.kolcraft.com/product.aspx?id=149&&shopby=brand
but does tandem mean its for a toddler and infant only or can it be used for 2 infants???

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 10:08:45 PM
Author: nycbkgirl
i am sooooo frustrated with picking a twin stroller aaahhhh!! i like all the european ones such as,,,,

so i liked this one here= http://www.kolcraft.com/product.aspx?id=149&&shopby=brand

but does tandem mean its for a toddler and infant only or can it be used for 2 infants???

NYC-Have you tried that Kolcraft one in person? I think it''s a POS personally...doesn''t steer well at all.

Honestly you need to get yourself out to a store and try them all out. Call ahead and make sure they have a number of double strollers out first.

I love my Maclaren but if you want a bigger stroller the Bob is killer.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 10:15:04 PM
Author: neatfreak

NYC-Have you tried that Kolcraft one in person? I think it''s a POS personally...doesn''t steer well at all.

Honestly you need to get yourself out to a store and try them all out. Call ahead and make sure they have a number of double strollers out first.

thanks for the info!!
i dont want a side by side one...front to back like the snap n go..i like them to face eachother...can u send me the maclaren link again and the bob,...i thought bob didnt make for twins>?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
NF
How exciting about the new house. Aww I am jealous of the GTG. I wish I still live in the Bay Area. If I did, then we can have play dates all the times. =P

Diva
Hope the weather is nice for you this weekend, so you get to take James to the playground.

JackieJas
Glad you are back. I had no idea what happened on other parts of PS, I''m just glad you are doing fine now.

Courtney
Thanks.
Sorry about your rough nights. Hang in there. You are doing great.

Kay
Thanks for the congrats and the advice on the dermatitis. I used aquaphor, but we didn''t like how sticky it feels. Now we are using Aveena and Cetaphil. Her skin hasn''t really flare up lately. That''s the other reason why I don''t want to go back to the dermatologist.
Amelia is so precious. Her eyes are gorgeous.

nyc
Hope you find a stroller you like.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 11:07:24 PM
Date: 5/27/2009 10:15:04 PM

Author: neatfreak

thanks for the info!!

i dont want a side by side one...front to back like the snap n go..i like them to face eachother...can u send me the maclaren link again and the bob,...i thought bob didnt make for twins>?

I still really recommend trying them...those front and back ones are so so bulky and hard to steer IMO. My Maclaren is a BREEZE-and it fits through all doorways and aisles no problem.

This is the one we have but there are other twin models too:

http://www.maclarenbaby.com/us/content/view/107/499/lang,en/

And Bob does make a twin here (just click "duallie" instead of "single") is one of them but there are others:

http://www.bobgear.com/strollers/stroller.php?product_id=4

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like NF I have been poking around and not getting around to posting here! I am currently obsessed trying to decide on what to get for my baby present
20.gif
It is really riduculous and I think that I am getting my "researcher" mojo going thining about it. So dumb in the grand scheme and I should use that energy to, I don't know, play with my son more and also maybe do some real research. But I can't tear myself away! GAH!! I need to get out of the house more.

QT Congrats on /2!! woo hoo! I have a friend who got preggo when /1 was 11 months. Not gonna lie, she had a hard time, in part because she went back to work when her second was 6months old... challenging. But now she is in the swing of things and it is great! She will have both kids out of diapers way before any of her friends and can laugh at us! LOL!

Kay Well I it isn`t a totally self-imposed roll yet... he needs his elbows tucked under his chest to do it because he can`t get his arm out of the way to roll solo. So maybe it doesn`t count
3.gif
Gorgeous pictures!!

Jas Welcome back! No snark here! My friends all agree on mom groups, which is why I haven`t joined any yet, but I think I need to because I need something to do!

NF I also feel like it is taking forever to shed baby pounds!!
39.gif
I lost the first 40 very fast, but this last 15 is sloooowww. I think it is starting to go but BLAH!! On a brighter note, I feel more fit, and almost back to my pre-preggo levels in terms of being able to walk, balance on one foot to put on pants etc. So thakn goodness for small mercies!

Back in a bit with an update from me! Got to shower now while I can
20.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Kay, A is soo cute!

Nyc, we just got a new stroller also, and found out the best way to pick one is to go test driving. The one I loved online we hated in person, and we ended up with a different one that I hadn''t seen before.

We put Kyle down last night un-swaddled, and he still STTN! I hope he keeps doing it, we''ll see tonight! He rolls both tummy to back and back to tummy on his own now, but he only goes over once, he doesn''t keep rolling, so he isn''t travelling far yet. And tomorrow, it''s off to the woods for our first camping trip! My mom is actually going to go with us. She hasn''t seen Kyle since Easter, and this weekend she was finally open to make the 4 hour drive, so she volunteered to go camping with us so we wouldn''t have to cancel the trip.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Urgh. Lost a post. I had responded to everyone. Grrr. Ok, I''ll abbreviate it.

Mrss -- Heya!
Courtney -- You totally made me crave McDs. I am so easily swayed to eat unhealthy. Hence my Spaghettios adventure yesterday.
Kay -- beautiful pics! Congratulations. Mine also have some form of Post Traumatic Family Function Disorder (PTFFD) after family events. Lasts 2 days. Unfun.
NF -- Hooray for sitting! And yeah, my guess is that the first people to "rush" and sign up for the Cool Laid Back Mamas club would be the annoying ones who I worry about spending the next 18 years with at PTA functions and cr@ppy birthday parties. (Note: mine will be among the cr@ppiest... like I''ll hose down a dirt pile in the back yard and tell the kids to play in the mud. I''ll call it "SPA!")
NYC -- I hated the stroller search. They are all pretty unwieldy in one way or another.
Thanks QT!
Dreamer! Woman! I am so glad to see you! I''m sorry I missed some of the last few months...I''ve been wondering how you are!
Mustang -- Hooray for STTN!!!!

Speaking of which -- J. was up 3 times last night. During my shift, of course.
25.gif
Teething, growing, mentally composing his dissertation...it''s got to be one of those. Of course, his big ol'' 5-tooth grin in the morning is all that matters. He''s taken to clucking his tongue and finds it funny if I do it back to him. He''s got the biggest laugh in the world. L. STTN like a champ, Lord love him. He "crawled" two-and-a-half...steps? Is that what I call it? Then he was so proud of himself and wanted to check to see if I was watching that he pulled himself into the downward dog position and just sat up and looked at me, grinning like the Cheshire Cat. Then he wanted to eat the dog, so that ended that great moment in baby locomotion.

We''re getting ready to move in July/August. For those of you who enjoy wacky family drama...I''ll be 1 minute away from SIL, MIL and 10 minutes away from my folks. Good times. My FIL informed me the other day that he checked on the progress of the construction and then proceeded to pee in the backyard. First of all, we have an open backyard that faces the back yard and back windows of 7 other houses. Second, please don''t ever share that kind of information with me. Third, ew.

Have a great one mamas. I''m going to warm up my voice for a rousing rendition of Mr. Brown Can Moo.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
jas, so glad you''re back! I''ve missed your updates and of course your humor!

Kay, A is such a cutie! She''s so big now! Thanks for sharing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results