shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love those 4 fancy spinels together ... imagine a pendant or mismatched earrings with two stones each? :kiss:

Ocean Blue, Silver Lavender, Walnut and Purplish Pink.

http://gemcal.com/gemstones/mix-fancy-colors-fancy-spinel-5-22-cts-2456

86f5bc14d908c70caca0ba19f6ad37f2.png

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks like a very pretty spinel!

TheElms

Shiny_Rock
Its me! But I want a big one and a step cut, so basically impossible. If I found one that was the right color/size and a cushion I'd probably consider it but I really want a step cut. So maybe I'd also consider a smaller step cut that was the right color.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She had a lot of replies to this listing.
I hope whomever bought it is on PS so I can drool over more pics. :love:

I hope it went to a PS member as well. This ring was a steal. Just drop-dead gorgeous.

kemurphy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It was my mom who got the ring. I saw the listing and called her right away. Don't worry... I'll make sure she gives me LOTS of pictures to post!

On a side not, neither of us know much about emeralds, other than the ring looked drop dead gorgeous! Would someone who knows more about them care to give us a brief education on them? The listing said the emerald was vivid green, without modifiers and medium tone.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was my mom who got the ring. I saw the listing and called her right away. Don't worry... I'll make sure she gives me LOTS of pictures to post!

On a side not, neither of us know much about emeralds, other than the ring looked drop dead gorgeous! Would someone who knows more about them care to give us a brief education on them? The listing said the emerald was vivid green, without modifiers and medium tone.

What? That's awesome! :dance:
I don't know anything about emeralds so I can't help with that but I do know it was a great deal. Nice score for your mom!
Please do post pics. We'd all love that. :kiss:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So its a GIA stone with Minor oil from Muzo. Thats a HUGE SCORE!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So its a GIA stone with Minor oil from Muzo. Thats a HUGE SCORE!
If I had a spare 5k that ring would have been gone. One of the most beautiful rings I seen in a long while. You did good.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THIS

The colour is a chieldhood dream, here, delivered with grown-up complications - rough naturals (reflecting UGF & 'culet'), worth-seeing knot, thick fluorescence - in a ridiculeously elegant pear shape. The pictures make the stone look badly poked; it is not - see the 360º.

I thought that my need for something in this colour will eventually be quenched with a Cat's Eye ... This diamond should not exist !

Last edited:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
IMG_5331.JPG

https://loupetroop.com/listings/loo...e-4-dot-56ct-stunning-oval-mahenge-spinel-cab

$975 ask price, 4.56 mahenge cab, clean and excellent color

Another offering from Caysie and someone should snap this up. Mahenge cab, but clean and excellent color; I was able to see Jaimeen's stock at JCK a few weeks ago, and I saw no cabs near as nice as this one. I had a chance at a couple of similar cabs a few years back and really regret passing them up as they're difficult to find at all now, especially at good pricing. Caysie's ask price is excellent imo.

For comparison: at JCK I picked up a very similarly sized mahenge cab carat wise - but a round - that isn't as nice a color and IS included, though not horribly. It was one of the nicer ones and def the nicest largest round that I saw out of many trays (though he may have had some very pricey high end cabs tucked away elsewhere? If so they were out of my range, lol). This material only seems to get more expensive and harder to find; like I said, I don't think I saw any cabs as nice as this oval!! And after buying at the show, I'm certain that you could not get that price per carat (for caysie's gem) now, for a stone of this quality, if you could even find it. If it were in my budget right now I'd happily get it.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
IMG_5331.JPG

https://loupetroop.com/listings/loo...e-4-dot-56ct-stunning-oval-mahenge-spinel-cab

$975 ask price, 4.56 mahenge cab, clean and excellent color

Another offering from Caysie and someone should snap this up. Mahenge cab, but clean and excellent color; I was able to see Jaimeen's stock at JCK a few weeks ago, and I saw no cabs near as nice as this one. I had a chance at a couple of similar cabs a few years back and really regret passing them up as they're difficult to find at all now, especially at good pricing. Caysie's ask price is excellent imo.

For comparison: at JCK I picked up a very similarly sized mahenge cab carat wise - but a round - that isn't as nice a color and IS included, though not horribly. It was one of the nicer ones and def the nicest largest round that I saw out of many trays (though he may have had some very pricey high end cabs tucked away elsewhere? If so they were out of my range, lol). This material only seems to get more expensive and harder to find; like I said, I don't think I saw any cabs as nice as this oval!! And after buying at the show, I'm certain that you could not get that price per carat (for caysie's gem) now, for a stone of this quality, if you could even find it. If it were in my budget right now I'd happily get it.
Dang. This and the emerald cab are already reserved.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Dang. This and the emerald cab are already reserved.

They were both gorgeous and well priced so I'm in no way surprised. Happy for the buyer(s) and also jealous at the same time, lol!! Hope we get to see pics of those beauties set at some point...

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Guilty of grabbing them both :wacko:

It's all PS fault...seeing all the beautiful cab collections for Acinom, mochiko and others inspired me to do it.

SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAHHHH NOT FAIR AT ALL. NOT TWO!!!!!!!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guilty of grabbing them both :wacko:

It's all PS fault...seeing all the beautiful cab collections for Acinom, mochiko and others inspired me to do it.

How exciting! They look luscious. I can't wait to see your pics. :love:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAHHHH NOT FAIR AT ALL. NOT TWO!!!!!!!!

It did occur to me that maybe I was being too greedy and so did mention to Caysie that if she only wanted to sell me one, I preferred the mahenge...but she said since I was first to ask about both it was okay and fair.

I didn't know how long they were up so was surprised to be so lucky. My dog, Jersey, wanted company (he'll be 16 later this year). So I decided to sit with him a bit and had just started surfing on my phone when I saw the listings and immediately responded from my phone. She didn't get back to me right away and as I anxiously waited , I saw the LT listings get marked RESERVED and my heart dropped. I was sure I was too late but minutes later got the email from Caysie saying that I was first for both so they were on reserve FOR ME! Anyway, I have to admit I haven't been this anxious over a listing for a long long time. Usually, I can shrug off my misses as not being meant to be. But I've wanted a nice set of cabachon rings for quite awhile...and nice size gemmy cabs seem so hard to find. I've kissed a lot of frogs in my search...now I just need a blue one to complete the set....lol.

Anyway - thanks everyone for sharing in my excitement. I can't wait!

Anyway, I owe the timing to this guy :)

2017_07_01 jersey.jpg

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
lilmosun,

You grabbed them before a couple of hours because I checked but you beat me to both cabs. Lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results