clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
indigoblue|1391712192|3609340 said:
iLander|1391693582|3609181 said:
Did someone already post this?

An AGL Certified Pad Sapphire from our very own Minous? :appl: :appl:

http://www.diamondbistro.com/category/229/Sapphire/listings/36878/Ceylon-Padparadscha-Sapphire-w-AGL-Cert.html

Such a good price for such a rare stone! :love:

Gorgeous color, and callibrated, too! IDJ can pop this into a stock setting for a great price.

Is this the same stone? If so, it sure seems to be making the rounds.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/agl-certified-padparadscha.157642/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/agl-certified-padparadscha.157642/[/URL]

Wow, that is some good sleuthing.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I am in love with that asscher yellow sapphire, love love love, especially in Swiss Miss's outdoor photos. Oh my! My b'day is next week & DH just asked for more suggestions, but I don't think his generosity runs to 8 grand. ;( Nor does my own bank account. Anybody want to buy it for me? :wavey:

--- Laurie

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1391709225|3609308 said:
FrekeChild|1391708343|3609299 said:
Chrono|1391707311|3609285 said:
Can somebody please buy this 3 carat blue sapphire so that the rest of us can stop looking at it. 3 ct unheated Ceylon blue sapphire (looks to have a violet modifier) for only $3200 after the sale.
Great price for a 3ct sapphire, but it is to my understanding that while the photo shows a violet mod, the stone itself doesn't exhibit it. Just an FYI!

I don't mind if it is all blue (sans violet). Hmmmm.....has someone ordered this in the past and shared a review?
No. A friend of mine inquired about it.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1391693582|3609181 said:
Did someone already post this?

An AGL Certified Pad Sapphire from our very own Minous? :appl: :appl:

http://www.diamondbistro.com/category/229/Sapphire/listings/36878/Ceylon-Padparadscha-Sapphire-w-AGL-Cert.html

Such a good price for such a rare stone! :love:

Gorgeous color, and callibrated, too! IDJ can pop this into a stock setting for a great price.

I'm obsessed with this stone. I "visit" it every day. Alas, I cannot afford it (unless medical bills can be paid in candles :lol: ).

D

Deactivated member 42515

Also, is it just me or are you really hard on Minoubijoux, ChrisA222? I swear I always see you quoting her and commenting on how she's wrong. When I think most of the time, she's not. And then she's so gracious about it too.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a bit weird to see tradespeople making disparaging remarks about private sales.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1391716130|3609385 said:
I am in love with that asscher yellow sapphire, love love love, especially in Swiss Miss's outdoor photos. Oh my! My b'day is next week & DH just asked for more suggestions, but I don't think his generosity runs to 8 grand. ;( Nor does my own bank account. Anybody want to buy it for me? :wavey:

--- Laurie
I love this sapphire too, but alas my bling budget does not go up that high. Lovely stone.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Just a reminder that trade members are not allowed to comment on items for sale, period. If you see this happening, please report it and do not quote it as it makes it far more difficult for me to clean up. Thank you for your cooperation. :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella said:
Just a reminder that trade members are not allowed to comment on items for sale, period. If you see this happening, please report it and do not quote it as it makes it far more difficult for me to clean up. Thank you for your cooperation. :))

YT|1391721359|3609456 said:
Also, is it just me or are you really hard on Minoubijoux, ChrisA222? I swear I always see you quoting her and commenting on how she's wrong. When I think most of the time, she's not. And then she's so gracious about it too.

Well, it certainly seems that I missed something! But thanks for handling the problem so swiftly as usual, Ella! :bigsmile:

Carry on with beautiful stones, people!

corundum_conundrum

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'd give Minous the board tact and amiability award.

Chrono, the picture on the cert for that stone makes me think that the gray/violet seen in the glamor shot is really gray in the stone. What do you think?

41524.jpg

That's not to say it couldn't be a good buy for someone, but it looks like its no saturation sensation.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1391718300|3609408 said:
But no one has actually handled the blue sapphire?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
corundum_conundrum|1391733917|3609613 said:
I'd give Minous the board tact and amiability award.

Chrono, the picture on the cert for that stone makes me think that the gray/violet seen in the glamor shot is really gray in the stone. What do you think? That's not to say it couldn't be a good buy for someone, but it looks like its no saturation sensation.

Minou is always gracious; I cannot see her deliberately offending someone or trying to make a sale using false tactics.

CC,
Even though the sapphire isn't top colour, it is still heads and shoulders above commercial quality. For someone who wants an unheated nice (but not super) blue sapphire, you cannot beat a $1k/ct price on a 3 carat sapphire. Look at the example pictures below.

sapphire_blue_996_a.jpg

sapphire_blue_1007_a.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw this on FB. Being sold by Jason Brim a 2.40 ct tourmaline. Great looking cutting - I don't think I've ever seen one cut like this before. Custom concave cut by Sheldon Douglas Sink. Eye clean, Mozambique, 8.68x5.5mm Wowza! Jason also has a lovely blue zircon cut by Sheldon for sale. Hopefully, this link will work:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/finegemsandcabs/

brim-sink_tourm_2-10-14_preview.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fascinating cutting on that tourm!

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Reminds me of the art created by Spirograph toy that I grew up with!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsM|1392070075|3612194 said:
Reminds me of the art created by Spirograph toy that I grew up with!

Haha, I know exactly what you mean! Its just that it doesn't look like any concave cut stone I've seen before.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Kinda looks like the underside of a tarantula...

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
Wow! that cutting makes me think I am looking in a mirror maze!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1392072392|3612227 said:
Kinda looks like the underside of a tarantula...

Which of course begs the question how do you know these things, FK?!! :bigsmile:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1391778035|3609943 said:
FrekeChild|1391718300|3609408 said:
But no one has actually handled the blue sapphire?
Right. Just the vendor. He looked at it for her and told her that he didn't see any violet to the stone at all, and that he didn't know how the camera was picking it up. He suggested another vendor for her if she wanted a violet tone to the stone she was looking for.

It looks like a good deal, but from what I've heard, don't expect any violet in it.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
sorry I am confused... where is that yellow asscher for sale?

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
What do folks think of this peridot from Pakistan? It's calling to me.... Although $90/carat seems steep for a non-Burmese peridot.

screen_shot_2014-02-11_at_2.png

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
blingbunny10|1392148273|3612973 said:
What do folks think of this peridot from Pakistan? It's calling to me.... Although $90/carat seems steep for a non-Burmese peridot.
According to Richard Hughes, https://www.palagems.com/peridot_buyers_guide.htm
"Sources. Gem peridot has been found in a handful of places around the world. In large sizes (10 cts. plus), Pyaung Gaung in Burma’s Mogok Stone Tract is most important. Faceted gems of hundreds of carats are known from this deposit. In the 1990s, a new deposit from Pakistan’s Suppatt region was discovered, and this material is every bit the equal of that from Burma.
In the US, the San Carlos Apache Indian Reservation supplies good material, but this rarely cuts gems above 10 cts. Peridot is also mined in China, Brazil, Australia and Norway, among other places. The historic deposit of Zabargad has not produced at all in decades."

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
the yellow asscher is marc sarosi, africagems

Blingbunny I thought the same thing about that peridot. for that $$ the cut and color in hand need to be extraordinary.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
The asking price on the peridot doesn't seem unreasonable to me - I know that fairly recently, Gene has sold non Burmese and also non Pakistani peridot for a similar price per carat ($80). Dana is an excellent cutter as well, so I think he should be able to command similar pricing for his work.

I am not typically a peridot fan, but that color looks beautiful to me, and the cut as well. Blingbunny - if you really want it, you should shoot Dana an email and ask if he could come down just a bit on the price. He is usually very nice about questions like that and has worked with me in a similar fashion on a few purchases now. At the very least I'm sure he would respond kindly even if he said no, lol.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

The peridot is a beautiful color. I have noticed in the past several years the peridot on the market seems to be much nicer colors than in yrs past. Kath has a good suggestion.

Annette

I agree with others that MB is probably one of the most tactful people on pricescope. Here's to you MB

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think everyone is going to eventually get used to the new gemstone prices. Pretty much everything is costing more. Pricing guides are showing peridot 1 to 5 ct from $60 to $225 (wholesale) per ct depending on quality. Of course you will find some ebay stones here and there for old pricing, but in Tucson, there was no such thing as "old price" anymore, especially on better quality goods.

Typically peridot from Pakistan is considered to be the finest color. There have been some nice colors that rival the Pakistan stones coming out of Kenya the past few years. Arizona stones are often a little deeper tone than Pakistan, and the peridot from China is often more yellow and lighter. As with any stone, there are always exceptions.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PrecisionGem|1392177354|3613360 said:
I think everyone is going to eventually get used to the new gemstone prices. Pretty much everything is costing more. Pricing guides are showing peridot 1 to 5 ct from $60 to $225 (wholesale) per ct depending on quality. Of course you will find some ebay stones here and there for old pricing, but in Tucson, there was no such thing as "old price" anymore, especially on better quality goods.

Typically peridot from Pakistan is considered to be the finest color. There have been some nice colors that rival the Pakistan stones coming out of Kenya the past few years. Arizona stones are often a little deeper tone than Pakistan, and the peridot from China is often more yellow and lighter. As with any stone, there are always exceptions.

Thats it, time to go into horde mode :razz:

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Pakistan is right after Burma for the finest peridot if I'm not mistaken. It's quite devoid of yellow (for this species), hence the higher price.

I've always thought peridot was underrated. I like the oily luster.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results