shape
carat
color
clarity

getting lost in stupid stuff

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
OUpeargirl|1311890278|2979265 said:
MAN, I love pretty, feminine showers. If anyone asks me what kind of shower I want (not that they should, just if they do) I want to have everyone wear hats! Bahah I'm such a weirdo. I really need an excuse to buy a pillbox.

I love DC, I hope she can find a venue in time for the wedding she wants. Good thing she has a friend that's pretty talented in the wedding planning arena! I like to dream that if I were super wealthy I could have my reception at the Willard.. Sigh.

1: I want Catherine Middleton's hat wardrobe. So I would TOTALLY attend your "you must wear a hat" shower!
2: OMG I would LOVE the Willard. I know their budget won't be large, so I'm working on thinking outside the box, but I don't know what kind of guest list we're looking at, nor do I know the season. He's trying to keep the proposal hush-hush (they've talked about marriage, a LOT, since they're an inter-faith couple) so I haven't talked to either of them about wedding details yet. But I'm ITCHING to get started...I'm in SERIOUS withdrawal from my own wedding!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
This is not a price-conscious option in the slightest, so I'm posting purely for fun, but oh good heavens I wanted to get married at The Goodstone Inn. It didn't make sense for us geographically, even if we could have afforded it, but I'm still a tiny bit sad. I keep telling DH that for my next husband I'm making him marry me there!

OU, everything sounds adorable! Excellent vintage vibe. Although I'm happy you came back and posted that maybe you were going overboard with the girly. :)) I know that was one thing DH was terrified of - a super girly wedding. I'm always amazed when I see wedding photos (even moreso house photos) and I wonder where on earth the guy is in all this. Or perhaps I just have a more opinionated guy in my life?

Anyway, I didn't have any showers (it's hard when you don't have more than a small handful of friends clustered in any one city), but I would have loved a very feminine afternoon tea party! Hats are super fun.

On my wedding end, I'm convinced our wedding planner ordered the wrong linens. Our linens were HIDEOUS - shiny bright bluish-purple. I in no way chose those. The linens I remember selecting were a matte purple with a nubby texture. The linens really ruined our decor photos (one reason I haven't posted more...since I don't have many of the space I like, it just seems like narcissism to post a bunch more pictures of me and DH!). I mentioned it to our planner at our post-wedding meeting, and she said they looked good in the space (they didn't), but after two months of being frustrated, I finally emailed her last night asking her to go look at her files. We'll see what she says.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
sillyberry|1311959045|2979845 said:
This is not a price-conscious option in the slightest, so I'm posting purely for fun, but oh good heavens I wanted to get married at The Goodstone Inn. It didn't make sense for us geographically, even if we could have afforded it, but I'm still a tiny bit sad. I keep telling DH that for my next husband I'm making him marry me there!

OU, everything sounds adorable! Excellent vintage vibe. Although I'm happy you came back and posted that maybe you were going overboard with the girly. :)) I know that was one thing DH was terrified of - a super girly wedding. I'm always amazed when I see wedding photos (even moreso house photos) and I wonder where on earth the guy is in all this. Or perhaps I just have a more opinionated guy in my life?

Anyway, I didn't have any showers (it's hard when you don't have more than a small handful of friends clustered in any one city), but I would have loved a very feminine afternoon tea party! Hats are super fun.

On my wedding end, I'm convinced our wedding planner ordered the wrong linens. Our linens were HIDEOUS - shiny bright bluish-purple. I in no way chose those. The linens I remember selecting were a matte purple with a nubby texture. The linens really ruined our decor photos (one reason I haven't posted more...since I don't have many of the space I like, it just seems like narcissism to post a bunch more pictures of me and DH!). I mentioned it to our planner at our post-wedding meeting, and she said they looked good in the space (they didn't), but after two months of being frustrated, I finally emailed her last night asking her to go look at her files. We'll see what she says.

Umm, that place is beautiful! I found a venue that I loved SO MUCH, but it wasn't great geographically, so my mom talked me out of it. It was an old plantation home with gorgeous gardens and a beautiful ballroom.

I can't imagine what FI would have said if I came at him with the teacup idea. Hahha, at least the poor man knows who he's marrying. I have to make sure he reigns me in on house stuff. If it were up to me my house would look like someone's grandmothers. Lord help me!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I am TOTALLY planning on having a Victorian tea party in Cape May, NJ for my bachelorette party. Yes, for my bachelorette party. I don't even care. I figure the point of the bachelorette party is to do all the stuff i won't really be able to do as a married lady. Most people think strippers. I think tea party! My fiance would never let me get away with that. So I'll do it with my girlfriends! Hooray!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
blacksand|1311976345|2980107 said:
I am TOTALLY planning on having a Victorian tea party in Cape May, NJ for my bachelorette party. Yes, for my bachelorette party. I don't even care. I figure the point of the bachelorette party is to do all the stuff i won't really be able to do as a married lady. Most people think strippers. I think tea party! My fiance would never let me get away with that. So I'll do it with my girlfriends! Hooray!

Go for it, blacksand! Sounds like a fabulous time!!! My bachelorette party was wine tasting in Virginia wine country. Totally classy (with the exception of the phallic headdress and cupcakes...but what's a bachelorette party without them!??) and perfect!

SB, I can't agree with you more on those weddings/homes where you go "ummmm, isn't there suppose to be a guy involved in this???" Oh, and that venue is AMAZING. I didn't even bother to look at DC venues because I didn't want to know what I was missing getting married in KC! But all's well that ends well and my wedding was picture perfect. So I'll take it. :D

OU, at least you understand and respect your FI's opinion!!! I know some girls who have just completely taken over both wedding and home...the result usually ends up being a hot pink wedding and a house like SB posted, but without the taste level. I feel bad for their men.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
More stupid stuff:

I think FI and I have picked our wedding bands! Mine is a bead set and mil-grained 18ct white gold eternity band with 3pters and FI likes this two tone band with yellow or rose gold (hasn't decided) along the edges and then a knife edge in white gold in the middle because it looks like a paladins ring (FI has some what eccentric man-tastes at times, lol) but even with my generous staff discount they won't be cheap- screw you rising gold prices!

MOH is meeting me at my parents house after work tomorrow night for some wedding brainstorming but actually I'm going to tell her I bought a dress and show her and also re-think the whole theme of the wedding.

I am very much flip flopping on the theme and "look" of the wedding. I blame the dress. It's way more princessy and poofy and sparkly than I ever imagined (I originally wanted something simple) so now I think a rustic look isn't going to fly. I am even considering changing the colour sceme to "candle light" - so lots of champagne and white and ivory and soft tones with little bits of sparkle and romantic details BUT Fi still really wants to use purple, but I'm not sure if that works? I want to suss it out quick so I can finally do save the dates.

I am tying to make our wedding website with iweb. It's not going amazingly.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
4ever, you know as well as I do that we need pictures of the wedding bands! C'mon! :loopy: :naughty: ;))

As for changing your theme, I think the candlelight theme for your colours would also work wonderfully in your venue. I still think a rustic glam theme would fit with your beautiful dress, but if you think otherwise, I think the candlelight idea would also work very well with your venue and your dress. Perhaps meet somewhere in the middle and basically switch your "rustic" element from lavender to wheat? Then you have the monotone glam of a candlelight colour scheme, with a little bit of rustic thrown in to really make it your own.

ETA: Maybe you could pull some ideas from this honey and wheat scheme from Martha.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1312372527|2982999 said:
4ever, you know as well as I do that we need pictures of the wedding bands! C'mon! :loopy: :naughty: ;))

Ok, took some sneaky pics at work today of the one I like. None of FIs yet, will probably have to order it in the right size/colour combo.

What do you think? I might get it mil-grained but not sure yet.

4ever3ptbandand e-ring.jpg

4ever3ptbandande-ring2.jpg

4evereringand 3pt band 3.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Ooooohhhh, FutureGirl, it's purty! :love: I think the milgrain would look lovely on it. I think there's something very romantic about your engagement ring, so I think that milgrain might add that same feel to your wedding band.

My friends are engaged!!! He proposed on Tuesday basically the minute he got home with the ring.

They are shooting for an early November 2012 wedding (first weekend preferred, second weekend considered) and really like the rustic-chic vibe. I went absolutely OFF THE WALL on pinterest last night once I found out, lol. Because I asked if she had colours in mind and she was like "too many details right now." LOL. They've been way more concerned about logistics than details because she's Catholic and he's Jewish. I think they've got that mostly figured out.

In the meantime, I'm on the hunt for a rustic-chic venue somewhere between NoVa and Amish Country, PA in their budget, with either an on-site location for an indoor ceremony or a nearby chapel with absolutely NO sign of a cross or crucifix. WAHOO! I get to plan another wedding!!!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1312634635|2985368 said:
My friends are engaged!!! He proposed on Tuesday basically the minute he got home with the ring.

Yay VC! How exciting! :appl: means we get to hang on to you in BWW for another year :bigsmile:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
4ever|1312667392|2985591 said:
vc10um|1312634635|2985368 said:

Yay VC! How exciting! :appl: means we get to hang on to you in BWW for another year :bigsmile:

No place I'd rather be, FutureGirl!

No one hangs out in the Newlywed Forum, and since I'm not TTC yet (and won't be for AWHILE), there's really no "home" for me over in FHH just yet. Sooooo, y'all get to help me plan another wedding! Hooray!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a shame the newlyweds forum has kind of died. I'm not planning on TTC for quite some time either but I still want a PS "home" once the wedding is over.

On a positive note, we have booked accommodation for the wedding for FI and I (mostly) and both my and FI's parents. That's a big one to tick off the list because since it is a popular holiday destination there is way to much to sift through AND we are staying over a long weekend so need to snap something up ASAP, it was a nightmare! FI and I still have to decide where we want to stay for the wedding night and how much we want to spend. I like this place at the momenthttp://www.boatshed.co.nz/

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
4ever, your wedding ring is beautiful! I'm not ordinarily big on milligraining (just isn't my thing), but if you go that route I think it'll be a lovely compliment to the style of your e-ring.

Also, I'm just going off the picture, but your dress doesn't seem too princessy for a rustic wedding. But if you want to go for more candlelight, but still use purple, I would go with really demure shades of purple.

some suggestions from http://www.design-seeds.com

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-m0VkNrqojSo/TjL1bZ1dZXI/AAAAAAAAKgI/yX3SMJDJJGc/s320/CocoaHues.png
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2zTZGgcVKTU/Thticai-2oI/AAAAAAAAJ50/XiKbTo-KzYU/s320/ColorCorked.png

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Thanks SB, I haven't purchased the band yet, but I probably will. Even with a decent staff discount it's not a cheap option. I could do the same style in a 1/2 eternity for a lot less but I hate the look of shinny white metal next to my e-ring so it would bug me if the ring spins round.

That website is good, I can imagine it would really help to have a little palette worked out that I can follow. Still working on finding one I like and that works with the ideas whizzing round in my brain.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tgexaGMcrsc/ThyfoZJlI4I/AAAAAAAAJ68/9Yfj4XXCw2Y/s1600/Wheat%26Lavender.png This one is a little too yellowy.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5QPoUegqCM4/TWbVX1VUeEI/AAAAAAAAFsU/ha29uS--KrY/s1600/ColorShelled.png This one is beautiful

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4I384k1Ni9U/TjLvGxt3NyI/AAAAAAAAKfk/tYbe-umbYI0/s1600/SoapHues.pngand this ones not bad.

Ok, this it too bloody hard. From now on, as long as everything kind of looks like it goes together, I'm good.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Love the color schemes you are thinking of 4ever. It's going to be so pretty!

Have you settled on anything yet?

4ever

Ideal_Rock
OUpeargirl said:
Love the color schemes you are thinking of 4ever. It's going to be so pretty!

Have you settled on anything yet?

Not really "settled". At the moment I'm thinking lots of neutrals (champagne, white/ivory, and some slightly earthy tones and light wheat colours) for the main part (including BM dress and mens ties I think) with just touches of purples in things like the stationary, flowers, shoes, button holes etc.

I've been playing with my centre piece jars and candles, and I still love them and want more but I wish I could set everything up properly myself to make sure it looks good, it's hard to imagine how it's all going to look together.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Any updates from you girls?!? I'm waiting on A and S to pick a venue (or even settle on a state! lol) so I haven't started going full-steam ahead on their wedding yet. But I've pinned a TON of stuff on Pinterest. LOVE that place and I wish it had existed before I started planning!

FutureGirl, I'm loving all your potential colour schemes. I think anything you choose will look perfect. In the words of Stacey and Clinton...it doesn't have to "match" it just has to "go"...I definitely kept that in mind with our wedding, too!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Nothing major going on here.. We ordered bridesmaid dresses this week, so I'm glad to have that checked off my list. On the 31st we're going home (where the wedding is) to meet with the florist and also to go to the Dallas WTC to look at wedding bands. With gold prices the way they are now, I'm sooooo glad we can get them wholesale.

I have been on BWW hiatus because I have been bogged down with life, including wedding planning.

Grandpa is good and healthy. Just had his 3 month check up this week - no tumor regrowth, so we are all very relieved!

I was in the hospital for a night this week - caught a nasty stomach virus, had incredibly painful stomach discomfort, diarrhea, and got dehydrated, so they gave me some pain meds and hooked me up to an IV. Nothing life threatening, just another bump in the road when I now have a MILLION things to do with only 44 days until the wedding.

I had my first fitting the first week of August. The dress fits - yay! I could stand to lose about 10 lbs though to get rid of a little back fat so I don't look like I have a muffin top in the back of my dress. It is better than when I first got it, though, because it had an inch before it would even close. So that's a relief.

Had my final meeting with our reverend this week and we worked out the ceremony and processional order. I completed the writing of the ceremony programs this week. Now I just have to print and assemble. Nothing too fancy, just white paper, black lettering, and I'm tying a bow on each one in our wedding colors.

Also had my hair trial and was very pleased with the results. Here are a couple photos:

Hair06.jpg

Hair11.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
FMS, sorry for your illness...but YAY for fitting in your dress!!! SO awesome for you! And I LOVE your hair trial! It looks just gorgeous! Your veil is borrowed from a PSer, right?

Yes, ma'am! The lovely Pinki is borrowing me her veil and doing my makeup. Trial for that is next week!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Love the hair trial!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
FMS, moments like this I'm so sad I'm not a blonde! All those curls in your hair are just gorgeous!

I hope you're feeling better!!!

Thanks, SB.

I hope YOU are enjoying wedded bliss!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
FMS- love your hair trial!!!!

Amys Bling|1314233130|2998694 said:
FMS- love your hair trial!!!!

Thank you!

Can I just say that it made me feel like SUCH A BRIDE to have my hair all done up and put a veil on? It was a moment.

I have my final cake meeting after work today. I am dropping off my cake toppers to leave with them and finalizing how I want it decorated. They offered me free samples for this meeting (like we had for the first one) and I hesitantly turned them down because I desperately need to lose 10 lbs, and I only have 35 days to do it!

How are things going with everyone else?

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Mrs Sterling - I really love your hair trial! Gorgeous! I am looking forward to seeing how the veil looks from the front!

I haven't really done anything else, I have assigned a friend of mine who is a photoshop/illustrator genius to try and rip off some invites I like. No news yet. I do really need to haul ass on this because we are fast approaching the 6month point and I need to get those STD's out - but then I do want to put our website address on the STD and I've kinda given up on THAT massive mission.

Also, I am addicted to Pintrest. Pintrest is amazing. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!

We have both picked bands we like but not purchased them yet because I feel like it's a little early yet?I'm thinking I might get them in November/December because I feel like my boss will give us a better deal on them if they have a bit more money rolling in ;))

I've been thinking more about writing the ceremony as well. FI says he doesn't want to write his own vows, he'd rather use standard ones or make up something on the spot so it is exactly what he's feeling at the time. I was a little disappointed at first but that's fine, he should do what he wants to. Also I'm not really an openly emotional person and I probably would feel uncomfortable sharing my feeling for FI so openly in front of so many people (hence why I wanted a really tiny wedding- Sigh).

What are you all doing re-vows? Writing your own or using the stock standard ones?

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Mrs Sterling - I really love your hair trial! Gorgeous! I am looking forward to seeing how the veil looks from the front!

I haven't really done anything else, I have assigned a friend of mine who is a photoshop/illustrator genius to try and rip off some invites I like. No news yet. I do really need to haul ass on this because we are fast approaching the 6month point and I need to get those STD's out - but then I do want to put our website address on the STD and I've kinda given up on THAT massive mission.

We have both picked bands we like but not purchased them yet because I feel like it's a little early yet?I'm thinking I might get them in November/December because I feel like my boss will give us a better deal on them if they have a bit more money rolling in ;))

I've been thinking more about writing the ceremony as well. FI says he doesn't want to write his own vows, he'd rather use standard ones or make up something on the spot so it is exactly what he's feeling at the time. I was a little disappointed at first but that's fine, he should do what he wants to. Also I'm not really an openly emotional person and I probably would feel uncomfortable sharing my feeling for FI so openly in front of so many people (hence why I wanted a really tiny wedding- Sigh).

What are you all doing re-vows? Writing your own or using the stock standard ones?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
4ever|1314566831|3003823 said:
::snip::

::snip::

FG, I am ALSO addicted to Pintrest. I wish it had been around when I was planning my wedding...SO much easier than keeping Bookmarked list after Bookmarked list in Firefox!

As for vows, we wrote our own...FI opened with two sentences and then read what he didn't know was one of my favorite poems. He's never been very good with huge romantic tomes, but he's amazing at expressing his feelings in one or two short sentences, as well as finding just the right quote for the situation to make me swoon, so his vows were an amazing combination of both. Mine was kind of the standard "here is why I love you, here is what I promise" vows.

Some options for vows would be:
~Off the cuff, but you have the potential to freeze/have total diarrhea of the mouth/say something completely wrong-sounding/etc.
~Written individually ahead of time and provided to the officiant to hand to you to read from during the ceremony. (This is what we did)
~Written individually ahead of time and provided to the officiant to read to you phrase by phrase for you to repeat during the ceremony.
~Written together ahead of time, and you both read/repeat after the officiant the same vows to one another.
~Completely skip "vows" and just do "I dos" and the ring exchange.

From what you've said above, options 4 or 5 seem to be the best idea...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results