shape
carat
color
clarity

ZashPay vs. PayPal?

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Have you heard about or used ZashPay?

I've never heard of it before, until a vendor mentioned it. This vendor, whom I am getting a custom-cut gemstone from, suggested that I use ZashPay (http://www.zashpay.com) to do the payment as it requires almost no fee (50 cents per transaction?), compared to PayPal.

It looks like with ZashPay, the funds get removed from one person's checking account and placed into the other persons account. However, I feel nervous about giving my checking account number to a third party like ZashPay or PayPal.

With this transaction of mine (about $5k), I have the option of doing a wire transfer. I feel this is a better and safer way (than ZashPay). I will feel even better if I pay with credit card. Btw, the gemstone is not returnable or exchangeable, so it may be unnecessary to use a credit card.

What's your take on all these different payment methods, ZashPay, PayPal, credit card, personal check, wire transfer, etc?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think your primary goal would be to protect yourself, so using a credit card seems the best bet. If I were comfortable with a vendor, I'd also consider a wire transfer - especially if there is a discount (there are many vendors on here I wouldn't hesitate to do a wire transfer with), but I've never even heard of ZashPay, so I'd not use it.

mogster

Shiny_Rock
Cookie said:
Btw, the gemstone is not returnable or exchangeable, so it may be unnecessary to use a credit card.

I would still use CC in the case that something goes awry, like you never receive it or it's different from what you thought you were purchasing.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, yet another online transaction company that I haven't heard of! I think you're right to have some concerns, Cookie. I would be more concerned about a new company maybe not having worked out all the quirks yet, and may miss a safeguard - with all the hacking online, my main concern would be someone else breaking into their system and gaining access to your account data.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Cookie said:

I've never heard of it before, until a vendor mentioned it. This vendor, whom I am getting a custom-cut gemstone from, suggested that I use ZashPay (http://www.zashpay.com) to do the payment as it requires almost no fee (50 cents per transaction?), compared to PayPal.

It looks like with ZashPay, the funds get removed from one person's checking account and placed into the other persons account. However, I feel nervous about giving my checking account number to a third party like ZashPay or PayPal.

With this transaction of mine (about $5k), I have the option of doing a wire transfer. I feel this is a better and safer way (than ZashPay). I will feel even better if I pay with credit card. Btw, the gemstone is not returnable or exchangeable, so it may be unnecessary to use a credit card.

What's your take on all these different payment methods, ZashPay, PayPal, credit card, personal check, wire transfer, etc?

WHAT? :shock: Which vendor is this? In the colored stones forum we have a list of trusted vendors who have return policies. Is this one of our guys? Even a custom-cut gem is returnable.

For that kind of money, I would Demand a return policy. :!:

Use paypal only. There are so many hackings these days, I won't buy from anyone without Paypal.

The paypal fee is not that big, usually 3% or so. I would avoid this ZashPay like the plague.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1339176642|3211934 said:
Cookie said:

WHAT? :shock: Which vendor is this? In the colored stones forum we have a list of trusted vendors who have return policies. Is this one of our guys? Even a custom-cut gem is returnable.

For that kind of money, I would Demand a return policy. :!:

Use paypal only. There are so many hackings these days, I won't buy from anyone without Paypal.

The paypal fee is not that big, usually 3% or so. I would avoid this ZashPay like the plague.

I will heed everyone's advice -- avoid ZashPay, and use credit card or PayPal which links to a credit card.

I thought custom-made stuff is usually not returnable? Two years ago, when Richard Homer custom cut a rubellite for me, he made it clear (before he started) that it wouldn't be returnable. He said, "Like all custom orders, be they mini-blinds or suits.....custom cutting a gemstone from my rough has to be a non-refundable order. Let me know...if you want to see the material first, I can ship something out."

The vendor I am working with now does have a 7-14 day return policy, except on custom-cut gems. I don't know if this vendor is in the recommended list, but I read good reviews about them here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/anyone-bought-anything-from-all-that-glitters.66382/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/anyone-bought-anything-from-all-that-glitters.66382/[/URL]

mogster

Shiny_Rock
Cookie said:
I thought custom-made stuff is usually not returnable? Two years ago, when Richard Homer custom cut a rubellite for me, he made it clear (before he started) that it wouldn't be returnable. He said, "Like all custom orders, be they mini-blinds or suits.....custom cutting a gemstone from my rough has to be a non-refundable order. Let me know...if you want to see the material first, I can ship something out."

I think it's fair for a custom piece to be non-refundable within reason. If the customer changes his/her mind, it could be a huge loss for the vendor. At the same time, I think a good vendor should accept a return for a custom piece that wasn't as described, was poor quality, etc.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Custom scares me a little for that reason, it usually is not returnable.

However, I have purchased a stone from ATG and it was a little small for my project, so I returned the stone and was promptly refunded. I would consider buying from him again. I am pretty sure I paid by Paypal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results