shape
carat
color
clarity

Zales right hand ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2083575&cp=2071132.2109136&cp=2071132&categoryId=2109136&parentPage=search&searchId=20046123441

Hi,

looking for a few words of wisdom please!

I saw this rhr at Zales (online) and I wondered what people think of it? Could I do better in this price range for a fun rhr? I need a little pick-me-up treat and I thought this might look nice IRL, what do you think?

(I''m saving for a cushion, got my eye on one at DBL, so I don''t want to spend a fortune just now
2.gif
)

Opinions welcomed!

Thanks

Jen

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
For $299 why not?? Not sure how sparkly the diamonds will be, but it looks like a fun RHR to me!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The price is right, and assuming they have a good return policy it''s pretty low risk. However, the quality of the stones aren''t even mentioned...so I would expect something low for that.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Never thought about the return policy - I''ll check that out. It is a good price, but I can sort of hear my mother''s voice here "You get what you pay for!"
1.gif

I''ll also have to check if they ship outside the US. I think it looks sweet!

Thanks.

Jen

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very unique! I like it!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it. Check on the return policy like everyone else stated.

Linda

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the feedback, think I''ll go for it if the return policy checks out. Anyone here got one of these? Handshots would be fab!

Jen

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Dh bought me one similar to the one your interested in from Kay Jewellers a couple of years ago while we were visiting Portland OR. It was on sale for $599.

They had a 30 day return policy. The quality of the diamonds were at least I1-I2's. I would have kept the ring but the black carbon deposits bothered me and I don't think I would have enjoyed wearing the ring knowing it wasn't up to 'snuff. I was glad that we had planned on another weekend get-away to the US so it wasn't a hassle to return.

If you like it and the price is right, go for it.

I did post a pic of it once. Not sure if I deleted it. I'll do a search on my PC for pics. I might still have some.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
You do know it is 10 K gold? Just want to make sure in case that matters to you...

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Would this be less durable? I wouldn''t wear it every day, but I don''t want to have to have it dipped every couple of months!

Otherwise, 10k is fine for a fun ring.
Jen

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is actually more durable, the higher the gold content the softer it is...

Dory

Rough_Rock
I think it''s pretty too. I''ve seen it in person also, and the one I saw was pretty sparkly!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
No hand pics but I did find my old post with a picture of the ring.

Let us know if you decide to get it.

BambooRHR1.jpg

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2007 6:45:56 PM
Author: CdnBlingGal

It lovely in your photo - that''s the one from Kay''s, right? Really pretty.
Thanks Dory - good to know it has some sparkle.

i think I''ll go for it, it''s a really pretty ring. It will calm my diamond cravings for a while, so I can save for the main project this year!

Will post handshots if it all works out!

Thanks
Jen

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 6:58:35 AM
Author: Mrs Mitchell

i think I''ll go for it, it''s a really pretty ring. It will calm my diamond cravings for a while, so I can save for the main project this year!

Thanks
Jen

Yes, it''s the one I bought from Kay''s.

For the price of $299, it a nice fun piece.

Dory

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 6:58:35 AM

Date: 3/10/2007 6:45:56 PM
Author: CdnBlingGal

Thanks
Jen
Diamond cravings!!!! I''m glad to know I am not the only one who has them!!!! It''s like, I''ve got to have them!!!! MsMitchell, have you saw the matching earrings??? Pretty too!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is gorgeous!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Get thee behind me Dory!! I am not even going to look at the matching earrings! No. Not even a little bit.

Ok, saw them. Yes, they''re lovely! Hmm. I''m still waiting for Zales to get back to me again about shipping - I''m in the UK. If they''re going to all the trouble to ship a ring, they might as well put a little pair of earrings in the package.

This was supposed to be an inexpensive little bling hit while I''m saving up for the main project of the moment, a cushion (probably in rose gold). Somebody stop me!!
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 12:56:48 PM
Get thee behind me Dory!! I am not even going to look at the matching earrings! No. Not even a little bit.

Ok, saw them. Yes, they''re lovely! Hmm. I''m still waiting for Zales to get back to me again about shipping - I''m in the UK. If they''re going to all the trouble to ship a ring, they might as well put a little pair of earrings in the package.

This was supposed to be an inexpensive little bling hit while I''m saving up for the main project of the moment, a cushion (probably in rose gold). Somebody stop me!!
9.gif
Stop you?? Nah, we are just a bunch of enablers!! I think for the price, it''s a great RHR. Can you post a pic of the earrings??

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
10K white gold is fine, the plus is that there is more white alloying metals, so it won''t yellow as fast.... the minus is that it''s not as pure a gold alloy, therefor contaminents such as soaps, oil, dirt, etc will stick to it more and it will just have to be cleaned more often but it''s not a big problem. Take if off if/when you take a bath or shower and just clean it now and then with a jewelry cleaner and a soft toothbrush and you should be fine.

When you buy it make sure the craftsmenship is good. Each row should be nice and straight, well polished. Where the diamonds are set it shouldn''t be crooked, warped or dinged up.

Also with some of mall type stores, diamond quality can be fairly low (I1-I3 clarity, J-M color). With 10K mountings they tend to use the cheapest goods, I''ve noticed... not always, but usually. So just make sure the diamonds are of nice quality.

Anyhow if the quality and craftsmenship are nice and you''re happy with it, I say go for it.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Not destined to be mine I''m afraid! I emailed a few times, but Zales eventually said they couldn''t ship to the UK. Odd thing is, they sent me a $50 gift cert to use against my order (that''s right, the order they can''t ship to me).

Anybody want it??

Jen

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
My friend has that ring- if you look close, you can see some black spots but it''s a cute piece.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so it didn't work out for the Zales rhr, but I did get a little bling! Got a vintage emerald with a halo in white gold. Can't work out how to size the pics in photoshop, but will have another go later.

Jen

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Here's what I ended up with.

Jen

emerald 024_edited.jpg

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, wow! That is one pretty ring! Let''s see more pics, please!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I''ve posted a couple more pics in the coloured stones eye candy thread.

Thanks

Jen

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous, I really like it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, where did you find it, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results