color
clarity

#JOTW Yssie's new ring is HERE!!!! 2.7 three-stone in unplated wg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Yssie's new ring is HERE!!!! 2.7 three-stone in unplate

Oh wow... coming in a year late on some replies... ;(

A quick update - my setting is still much beloved, and is waiting in my jewellery box for a new trio of stones - I'm thinking bright red :sun:

The setting is now a stock piece on WF's website, it's called Butterflies: http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/three-stone/3-stone-butterflies-diamond-engagement-ring-230.htm

h1juhas - thank you, I am flattered! I think many of us spend quality time stalking jewellery on here so you're in good company ::) I'm sorry, I can't tell you the weight of the setting though, I don't have a scale for that sort of detail. If you're interested in the setting I'd definitely recommend chatting with WF - they're good folk :))

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

Love it, especially the side view! I love unplated white gold...

smilligan

Shiny_Rock

I know this is an old post, but I happened across it by thread jumping and had to revive it. :cheeky: Let me say, that is one of the MOST beautiful rings I've ever seen. Those diamonds are unbelievably brilliant. I was actually trying to find some pictures of an 18k white gold ring without the plating, as I'm currently looking at an e-ring for my SO that is 18k white gold. Surprisingly enough, I really like the look of the metal. Great choice. :)

hrajg

Rough_Rock

Dear Yssie, I know this is an old thread but i absolutely fell in love with your 3 stone design! So much so that we have picked exactly your design for our engagement ring! Is there any chance you would be able to share the proportions of the ring because it is perfect! eg: band width, actual height of the trelis from the band etc, we had our jeweller draw up a plan and it doesn't look as nice! any help will be most appreciated. This ring is stunning!!! :angel:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock

hrajg|1416557170|3787813 said:
Dear Yssie, I know this is an old thread but i absolutely fell in love with your 3 stone design! So much so that we have picked exactly your design for our engagement ring! Is there any chance you would be able to share the proportions of the ring because it is perfect! eg: band width, actual height of the trelis from the band etc, we had our jeweller draw up a plan and it doesn't look as nice! any help will be most appreciated. This ring is stunning!!! :angel:

Hey! I'm not Yssie, but I thought I'd let you know that Yssie's design is offered by Whiteflash. It is the "Butterflies" design: http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/three-stone/3-stone-butterflies-diamond-engagement-ring-230.htm

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Trekkie!! Gosh, long time :wavey: Thanks for the link ::)

hrajg, thank you! WF's bench is fantastic, you'll be in good hands if you choose to go that route :)) I actually went through two iterations of this design, the first was with smaller stones and had a much more close, "cozy", compact feel; this has larger stones and a more airy, open look. It's really just personal preference! The exact measurements really do depend on the stones, though - shapes, sizes, proportions...

Here's a comparison of both my Butteflies' (both made by WF) - the one on the left is the one in this thread (2.7ct center, 0.43ct sides), the one on the right was my original (2ct center, 0.3ct sides).
Candle.png

Rosebloom's beauty has a sapphire center (I lust after this stone...) and larger diamond sides:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-5ct-blue-sapphire-1-2ctw-diamond-sides-in-wf-butterflies.203673/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-5ct-blue-sapphire-1-2ctw-diamond-sides-in-wf-butterflies.203673/[/URL]

_19818.jpg

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock

This ring just kills me! :love:

hrajg

Rough_Rock

Dear Yssie,

Thank you so much for your reply, I feel star struck!! Thank you also to the others for replying!! I am so excited! Yssie I loved the airy look on your second ring, incidentally my diamond is 2.7carats, we were so inspired we thought we would copy your second ring design! I I have three quick questions and hope for your help!

1) What is the thickness on the band of your ring?
2) Is the middle cultlet 0.6mm away from the band and the little stones 0.8mm?
3) And what is thickness of your prongs?

Thanks so much Yssie what an inspiration!!!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock

Yssie|1416593943|3788061 said:

Far too long! Was remembering our LIW days recently and wondering when you'd be joining us over in TTC/Preggo land! :naughty: BUUUUUUT, apparently that's an inappropriate question to ask :halo: , soooo I'll just sit here gazing at your ring some more! 8)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Trekkie|1416813294|3789400 said:

Far too long! Was remembering our LIW days recently and wondering when you'd be joining us over in TTC/Preggo land! :naughty: BUUUUUUT, apparently that's an inappropriate question to ask :halo: , soooo I'll just sit here gazing at your ring some more! 8)

LMAO :bigsmile:

Yeah... my parents and grandparents and cousins and aunts - heck, even uncles - seem to have missed that memo!! Fortunately DH's parents already have grandkids from their better child, LOL, so pressure's off from that half at least :bigsmile:

This is going to sound totally stalker-y, but I was thinking about you the other day. A family friend is getting married and her grandfather made her a suite of gorgeous jewellery boxes for her wedding loot (I do love being Indian customs sometimes :halo: ) and I remembered the box your dad made you... I think it's the only time I've ever seen something like that here on PS. Totally random, I know!

I just wandered into FHH and saw your post - congrats, love!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock

Yssie|1416941324|3790341 said:
Trekkie|1416813294|3789400 said:

LMAO :bigsmile:

Yeah... my parents and grandparents and cousins and aunts - heck, even uncles - seem to have missed that memo!! Fortunately DH's parents already have grandkids from their better child, LOL, so pressure's off from that half at least :bigsmile:

This is going to sound totally stalker-y, but I was thinking about you the other day. A family friend is getting married and her grandfather made her a suite of gorgeous jewellery boxes for her wedding loot (I do love being Indian customs sometimes :halo: ) and I remembered the box your dad made you... I think it's the only time I've ever seen something like that here on PS. Totally random, I know!

I just wandered into FHH and saw your post - congrats, love!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Awww! I don't know where to begin! Glad the pressure is off regarding the baby making and that you can make it happen in your own time! More fun that way, I'm sure!

I LOVE the sound of the jewellery boxes and if you manage to snag a photo or two I would just love to see that! My dad recently made another one, also indigenous yellowwood, very similar on top but with a drawer beneath it. He gave it to me and said to the hubs, "it's my job to make them, it's your job to fill them!" :lol:

And YES! We are pregnant at last! An April baby and you know what that means :naughty: !!!

Aaaaaaand now I'm off to perve over your new sparkles!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YSSIE!! I sent you a message via LT -- I hope their messaging is working!! I'm very interested in this!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results