shape
carat
color
clarity

You're most PRIZED Piece

BlueSea

Rough_Rock
Gailey said:
Oh without doubt it's my citrine asscher from Peter Torraca. It's the stone I made my debut to Pricescope with. It was my first precision cut stone and first from Peter. If I'm not mistaken I also believe it is the first PT asscher to be seen on Pricescope as well. I consider it to be my most prized stone because I have made some very firm and life-long friendships because of it. The stone that started it all as they say.

That is so sweet, Gailey. Yes, I agree - there are a lot of nice folks in this forum!!! :twirl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rats. I don't have any loose stones right now that I want to have set. I enjoyed all of yours though.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No new stones. Something is on the way, but will take awhile to certify. One of them, at least, resembles a nice aperetif. I shall try to post but frankly, my skills do not do gems justice. I think I found someone who photographs well, though.

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
tradergirl said:
This is mine. It should be here next week and then it's going on to be set in a ring reminiscent of Erica's asscher.
OMG that is going to be a gorgeous ring. Can't wait to see it. Who is making it for you?

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
JBEG's jeweler. Who knows that ring better than Erica.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
This was really hard to decide! And may I say, everyone has some extremely beautiful stones!

Soberguy: I agree with Kenny, we NEED more pictures and info on those FCD's.

It came down to two:

Color Change titanite:
christmassphene.jpg

Kunzite:
kunzitediffusedlight.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a bunch of loose stones, and thank goodness you didn't ask about already set stones because I love so many of my set gems.

I have four Mahenge spinels which are all beautiful, but the posted piece is my favorite. It is loose, but here's a photo of it sitting in an empty setting. I have plans to eventually set this when I can get a decent setting for it. 1.53 carats and AIGS called it pinkish red. It glows like mad in the sun.

I also have blue spinel cushion that looks like a sapphire. It's 2.25 carats, and I'm actually going to set that very soon. It goes Tanzanite violet in incandescent light.

My 6 carat violet cuprian is one of my post prized stones, it's a cushion.

And I have various colored diamonds I need to set.

file.jpg

TLspinelinring2.JPG

TLvioletcupriancushion.JPG

TLbluespinelcushion2.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL...I just adore that spinel! You know how I love those blueish purples! I enjoyed looking at this thread, however, I can't play along really as I have my favorite stones set. I do want to get my little tsavorite pear stone set and am in the process of getting a rubellite set. So little money... so many projects.......

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I JUST dropped off my Mahenge spinel to be reset, as well as my Tanzanite and an awesome Apatite I have.

All of my faves are finding homes, but I have a Jeff White Asscher Peridot that I've been waiting to find the right home for and I love.

Girl from Mars

Rough_Rock
tradergirl said:
That cut is amazing, isn't it. It reminds me of an origami fan. I wasn't in the market for anything but when I saw that . . . Plus, it's totally untreated. I just had to have it. I tried to buy the tourmaline asscher he had also but that sucker sold within 3 minutes of it hitting the page. I wonder who got it.
Was that the pale minty green one? If so, apologies, but I just happened to be checking emails as I fed my baby and grabbed it. It's arrived and it's lovely - just not quite sure how to set it.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I have two favorites right now.

My Puppy Mill Auction Mahenge Spinel from Gene and my Cuprian Tourmaline from Barry. I'm still looking for a photo of the Cuprian.

No plans for either one just yet.

Lori

GENEPUPPYMAHENGESPINEL.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My favorite stones which are not set have to be my pair of Richard Homer rubies. I'm waiting for just the right project. These stones look great in any lighting. Here they are, front and center, along with other of my pink/red stones. They definitely stand out from the crowd. :cheeky:

RedsandRubies7379.jpg

RHRubyPair.jpg

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sitting here in absolute envy, everyone has such beautiful stones. I can't wait until I have anything to contribute!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
loriken214 said:
I have two favorites right now.

My Puppy Mill Auction Mahenge Spinel from Gene and my Cuprian Tourmaline from Barry. I'm still looking for a photo of the Cuprian.

No plans for either one just yet.

Lori

Everyone has great looking stones, but I especially love that "Puppy Mill Mahenge" - beautiful cut and color

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
I'm loving these pink spinels.
TL that pink is such an intense colour- beautiful and Loriken, your spinel is gorgeous too, such clarity!
I think PS should provide a drop-down list of alternative superlatives for ease of posting.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks CCN, Klewis.

I also almost forgot my 1.61 carat Colombian emerald. I love this stone too. Okay, I have no prized stone because I prize too many!!! :errrr:

TLcleanemerald4.JPG

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
tourmaline_lover said:
Thanks CCN, Klewis.

I also almost forgot my 1.61 carat Colombian emerald. I love this stone too. Okay, I have no prized stone because I prize too many!!! :errrr:

TL! now that is an emerald! wow :love:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here is my Barry Cuprian Tourmaline....he sure can work his magic on a gemstone!

Thank you for the comments on my Gene Spinel....she's a beauty!

Lori

BBCUPRIANTOURMMVC-169S2.JPG

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lori, your Mahenge spinel is a dream :love: :love: That's my favorite cut and that stone is sooo beautiful!

And your cuprian tourmaline is lovely, as well! Did you buy that from Barry earlier this year? I recall him having a really pretty one, I think back in March or April.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
baby nurse said:
Lori, your Mahenge spinel is a dream :love: :love: That's my favorite cut and that stone is sooo beautiful!

And your cuprian tourmaline is lovely, as well! Did you buy that from Barry earlier this year? I recall him having a really pretty one, I think back in March or April.
Lori bought hers in January. It was never listed to the site. It is 7.5 and 1.72cts. I only know this because I bought mine (little cushion) around that same time, and I had inquired about mine just after BEG got hers. I think that Lori inquired about it just after I got mine...BEG started a little bit of a cuprian rush there for a bit.

I think the one you're thinking of was the one that was about 4cts and was listed in March? I loved that stone...

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
tradergirl said:
This is mine. It should be here next week and then it's going on to be set in a ring reminiscent of Erica's asscher.
That is absolutely gorgeous. I love the color. Maize comes to mind.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Eye candy galore!! :love: :love: :love:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild said:
baby nurse said:

Lori bought hers in January. It was never listed to the site. It is 7.5 and 1.72cts. I only know this because I bought mine (little cushion) around that same time, and I had inquired about mine just after BEG got hers. I think that Lori inquired about it just after I got mine...BEG started a little bit of a cuprian rush there for a bit.

I think the one you're thinking of was the one that was about 4cts and was listed in March? I loved that stone...

Thanks, Freke. Yeah, the one in March is probably the one I was thinking of. I wasn't even looking at Barry's site in Jan because I didn't know about it. The one from March was about $1000, I think, and Barry said something about it not being heated because he didn't want it to end up like one he'd seen in Tucson. It was a really pretty stone.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
P1030257.jpg

its prized for what it is, not because of how its cut.

-A

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D said:
kenny said:
This .26 ct GIA VS2 Fancy Intense Green round diamond I recently acquired.

This old cut is a fireball of dispersion and scintillation, and I can hardly wait to wear it.
Here is an angled close up view; I love seeing all those repeats of the open culet.
It reminds me of a bouquet of flowers.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-new-fancy-colored-diamonds-blue-green.148569/

Kenny how do you plan to set this?

Most likely a tension setting.
Since it's so small I'd like to keep the maximum amount visible.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
to rparker 1998-one of my most prized pendents is this 8ct alexandrite pendent-the upper & lower stones r russian alexandrite & the 3 catseyes r indian material-the up & low stones r over 4 cts & the 3 cats r over 4 cts-the pic is under flourescent light so u see the green in the stones-always fun to wear-thanks steve....

036.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results